• Published 11th Jul 2016
  • 1,264 Views, 9 Comments

Journey Through the Magic Buffers - Brony_Headbanger



Twilight gets sucked in through a pair of an old set of buffers, and now she needs to find her way home.

  • ...
3
 9
 1,264

Chapter 5

Night time has rolled by on the Island of Sodor as Percy is chugging down the line as soon as he passes a green signal. As he puffs down the line, he begins to mumble to himself.

“I am brave. I am brave. Thomas says I’m brave. So I’m brave.”

He says to himself as he now begins to chug down a foggy track.

“Ugh. It’s not easy being brave.” He said to himself once more. He keeps chugging along the line. He’s almost there at the buffers. Until he sees two engines at the buffers. They appear to be diesels. This cannot be good.

“Shiver my pistons. There’s Splatter and Dodge.” He said when it’s not the only thing he notices. They’re also at the buffers. Percy comes to a stop at another set of buffers when he speaks to himself.

“*Gasp* Oh they found the buffers. Oh now what’s going to happen?”

Percy gasped as he sees crows flying away at night. A ball of hay moves past him.

“Howdy, partner! ‘Scuse me, pardon me. Coming through.”

Leaving Percy still surprised, with a response.

“Oh that’s just nothing.” He said as he sees a door to a cab slowly open, and slams shut.

“That nothing was something!” Percy shivers as he can now hear the two diesels, Splatter and Dodge talking to each other.

“Uh, these must be the buffers Diesel’s looking for.” Splatter said, looking at them. While Dodge asks.

“Are we supposed to go through them?”

“Oh not me, you.”

“Oh not me, you.”

“Uh, this is the job for the boss.” Splatter said.

It wasn’t until they hear an owl hoot. Spooking the two awkward diesels. Leaving them with a response.

“Uh, maybe we’ll wait till tomorrow!” Splatter said.

“Yeah, tomorrow’s good.”

Percy overhears their conversation. Now maybe his time to leave, and warn Thomas.

“I better hurry back and warn Thomas.” Percy said as he puffed away from Splatter and Dodge.

***

Some little time has passed while the two diesels returned to the diesel works. Splatter and Dodge enter very slowly.They stopped in front of a turntable that can lift up a diesel to the next level of track.

Splatter gulps, and speaks first.

“Uh, boss?”

“We found the buffers!” Dodge comes in as if it’s their only guess if they found it or not.

“Good. Very good.” Said a very creepy, evil voice. A giant shadow comes into view from above. The light shines down on him. He has a giant hydraulic claw on his roof. A dark tan-ish paint work on his body. With a very evil looking face. It was Diesel 10. The scariest, most terrifying diesel on Sodor.

“That’s good, Splodge.”

“Actually, it’s uh Splatter.” Said Splatter.

“And-and Dodge.” Said Dodge. Leaving Diesel 10 clunching his claw.

“I ain’t got time to say both names!” He screamed at them. “Now, are you sure you found the buffers?” Diesel 10 asked the diesels.

Splatter comes in with a response.

“Well, ya see, boss. I think we-”

“We don’t know, boss.” Dodge said interrupting Splatter. Diesel 10 clattered his claw angrily.

“I thought I can count on you two to find them! Did you even go through them!” He asked the diesels.

“Well… We… no.” Was Splatter’s response. Diesel 10’s claw rattled and crunched once more.

“Splodge...” He said as he’s using two of their names into one. “I do not have time for your silly, horrible games!” Diesel 10 gets on the turntable lift, and gets to the level where the two small diesels are.

“I need to know if those are the buffers that either lead to a railway. Or to someplace else. Because if it does, I’m gonna destroy those buffers, once and for all… With Pinchy.” He said talking to his claw who he calls ‘Pinchy’. Diesel 10 lets out an evil laugh as Pinchy chomps a few times. Sparks flying out of the claw like a evil villain he is.

“Uh, that’s not all, boss.” Splatter said coming in. “Earlier today, we saw Mr. Conductor with a little pony.”

“Yeah, it looks like it can talk too.”

“And we heard that it came from the buffers.”

“That’s what she and Mr. Conductor said.”

This caught Diesel 10’s attention.

“Did you say… This pony came from the magic buffers?” He asked, putting an evil smile through his face. His claw raising up high. Splatter speaks first.

“Oh yes.”

“We don’t know where it’s from.”

“But we promise you, we swear we heard Mr. Conductor said that.”

“We should’ve known for spying.”

The two diesels said in their awkward statement. Diesel 10’s evil grin grew wider and wider.

“So… Take me to this ‘pony of which you speak.”

***

Mr. Conductor was trying his hardest to keep Twilight company while she’s still feeling down from how long she’s been away from home.

Twilight’s just been roasting and eating marshmallows by the campfire Mr. C made, while he shows Twilight card tricks.

Thomas just stands there watching them having a good time. Twilight let out a sigh as she was done eating her marshmallow.

“What’s the matter, Twilight? Still feeling down about wanting to go home?” Mr. C asked.

“Mhm.” Was all Twilight could say as she lays her head down.

“I know, Twilight. I’m sorry. I know you’re probably thinking I’m not trying. But, I’ve been thinking all day about getting you home. It’s like I said. I promise I’ll get you home.” He said to her with a smile.

This just barely puts a smile to Twilight’s face.

“I know.” She mumbles to him as she lifts up her stick, and hands it to Mr. Conductor. Spooking him a little. “May I have another marshmallow, please?” She asked.

Mr. Conductor puts a marshmallow on Twilight’s stick.

“You know, that’s really amazing what you do there.” Mr. C said to Twilight as she roasts her marshmallow. “How do you do that?”

“Magic!” She responded with a smile. Even Thomas seems impressed at what he’s seeing.

“Magic. Does something like that exist in your world?” Mr. C asked.

“Mhm. Magic is everywhere in Canterlot. We unicorns use magic with our horns all the time.” She said eating the marshmallow.

“That’s very interesting.” Mr. C says.

***

Almost a day passes, and still no sign of Twilight. Velvet, her husband, Shining Armor, and Cadence did all they could to both find her, and hoping Twilight would return from the buffers.

But, sadly. She hasn’t.

Velvet is now sobbing on the couch with her husband comforting her. Shining Armor sitting on the loveseat while Cadence comforts him.

“I don’t know what to do.” Shining Armor said to Cadence. “I feel like this is all my fault. I wish I never brought Twilight to that picnic we went to.” Shining Armor said, laying his head down.

“Hey, don’t feel like that.” Cadence said, making Shining Armor eye contact with her. “I promise. Twilight’s fine. I bet she’s just trying to find her way back as well. I know it’s not the best thing to do. But, we just have to be patient.” Cadence said to Shining Armor.

Shining Armor agrees with Cadence. Even though he can’t wait any longer for his little sister to return home.

“I guess you’re right, Cadence.” He said to her. As he now begins to think to himself.

‘Twilight. Wherever you are. We really hope you’re alright. Please, come back home, safely.’

***

“So Thomas. We must get Twilight back to her brother now, incase Diesel gets rid of the railway.” Percy said to Thomas at their campfire site.

“But how will Twilight go without golddust?” Thomas asked Percy, when Mr. Conductor responded.

“Only in the lost engine.” When he suddenly, and finally gets an idea. “Unless…”

“Unless?” Thomas asked himself. What can this be? Mr. Conductor walks up to him.

“Thomas. Will you please take Twilight?”

Twilight’s ears perk up, and she immediately trots to Thomas.

“Through the buffers? But, what if I’m on the railway, and my wheels won’t work?” Thomas asked Mr. C. Leaving him asking.

“Well what if they do?”

“But, what if… If…?” Thomas asked, trying to think of a question.

“Yes?” Mr. Conductor asks.

“What if it’s dark?”

“It will be for a while.”

“And cold?”

“Maybe.”

“And how will I get back again?”

“Because you’re a really useful engine and will find a way.” Mr. Conductor said to Thomas. Thomas looks at Twilight. Putting a smile to his face. Thomas finally responds.

“Then… I’ll try.”

***

*Peep* *Peep*

Full moon out tonight. Thomas races down the countryside as fast as he could in the foggy night. Twilight inside his cab. Hoping Mr. Conductor’s plan works.

Thomas peeped his whistle while chugging along the line. He’s almost there at the buffers.

“I promise I’ll get you home to your brother, Twilight.” Thomas said. Until a ball of hay is now in front of him.

“Follow me, partner!”

“Whoa!” Thomas said as he got spooked.

“Right this way to bufferville! Just a walk in the park!”

“We’re going through, Twilight!” Thomas said to her as Twilight peeped out of his cab, and there they are.

“You’re on your own here ya little blue bukarue! Yee-whoo!” The ball of hay soon goes away. Almost at the buffers.

“Little engines can do big things!” Thomas said as a train whistle and a bell mixed into one… He went through.

As Thomas went through. It suddenly feels very dark, and somewhat cold to him.

“It is dark, and cold, and bumpy. But I’m not afraid!” He said as he spots something.

“Whoa, there’s the missing coal truck.”

“Coal truck?” Twilight soon sees it. Until she notices… She’s really going home. “We’re through. I remember seeing that earlier when I was coming here!”

“And Twilight. That’s what you do with coal. Stoke it up to make steam.” Thomas said to her as he keeps chugging. “We’re going to be really reliable, and help Mr. Conductor. We’re going back for that coal truck!”

Thomas comes to a stop, and he soon starts to move backwards.

“Buffers? Coal truck? I feel this is making sense now, Twilight!” Thomas said as he stops to get coupled up to the coal truck, and is now on his way.

“You’re a really useful engine, Thomas.” Twilight said to him. Thomas went red in the face, and keeps chugging on. Until…

“Whoa.”

Thomas shut his eyes tight as the brightness of the multi-colored portal appears from the buffers. Twilight did the same. Suddenly… They’re through.

Twilight’s home.

“Twilight! Where are we!?!” Thomas asked as he applied his brakes on the very old track on the side of the mountain.

“We’re in Canterlot, Thomas!” Twilight responded as Thomas can see the view of the city right in front of him. Now’s the chance for Twilight to find her mom, dad, even Shining Armor.

“I think I feel uh… A little dizzy!” Thomas said to Twilight as she got out of the cab, and raced to go to her house. “I can’t go any further! My wheels won’t let me!” Twilight stops, and talks to him before she leaves.

“Then I’ll be back, Thomas! I promise, but I must find my big brother!” And Twilight storms off.

“It’s getting windy up here!” Thomas said as the old tracks he’s on can’t take him anywhere else. Nor will his wheels let him move. He is at the same exact spot where Twilight disappeared through the buffers.

He can see Twilight hurry down the mountain as fast as she can. It is also mid day as well.

Thomas soon hears rocks crackling, and the track beginning to make a humming noise. This can’t be good. Thomas freezes. Could he be sucked in already?

No. He’s sinking. He’s…

“Whoa! BUST MY BOILEEEEEER!” Thomas screamed as he starts to roll down the mountain. “I left the coal truck behind!” He tried to stop. But he couldn’t. He tried whistling. No one can hear him.

***

Twilight keeps running for her house through Canterlot. She knows exactly where she’s going. Through her school, and past that fabulous street. Finally, she’s only a few blocks away from her home.

“Mommy, daddy, Shining Armor. I’m home.” Twilight mumbled to herself as she can already feel tears of joy running down her face.

***

“SPOT WHEELS! STOOOOOOOP!” Thomas screamed as he’s finally down the mountain. But, he’s still rolling. He can’t stop.

Thomas soon sees a gaping hole in the ground up ahead. He falls in it. And with a train like whistle, and a bell mixed into one. Thomas disappeared.

***

“Mommy! Daddy!” Twilight said, bursting through the door. Everyone jumped from their couches, and ran to her. Hugging her.

“Oh Twilight. We were so worried about you! Where did you go? Why didn’t you come back?” Velvet asked her. She’s not mad or anything.

“I’m sorry I didn’t. I really tried.” She said to her.

“And… Where did you really go? When you got sucked into…” Shining Armor tries to explain.

“Oh! I got sucked into a pair of buffers. There’s this island of talking trains there!” Twilight said as she begins to cry. “I’m really sorry. I don’t know how I got sucked in, I swear. But, I had to leave poor Thomas behind on the mountain.” Twilight said sobbing.

“Who’s… Thomas?” Cadence asked.

“He’s my new friend. I promise, he’s on the mountain. Follow me!” She said as everyone followed her to where she came from. But, all the remains… Is a coal truck.

“No, no, no, no, no, NO!” Twilight starts sobbing while she sees the remaining coal truck on the mountain. While all Velvet could do was comfort her. “He was there! He was right there, I swear!”

“Twilight. I… I…” Velvet said as Twilight starts crying. When she sees the old tracks broken up, and the side of the mountain broken. She ran to the edge where he must’ve fallen off. She can see his track marks leading to the bottom of the mountain. He must’ve rolled off.

“Thomas.” Twilight sobbed out. All everypony could do was watch as Twilight sobbed her tears out. She now feels guilty that she had to leave him on the mountain like that to see her parents.

Velvet went up to her, and comforted her. “Sweetheart. I’m… I’m really sorry.” She said to her.

When all Twilight could whisper.

“I’m so sorry, Thomas.”

Author's Note:

Edit: 9-19-2022

Turns out I messed up. I made a chapter for this and I totally forgot it was not based on this part at all. Ugh! I am so sorry I had to take the chapter down, but hopefully I’ll come up with something better. So annoying. 😒