• ...
6
 56
 1,817

Epilogue

Epilogue

Vinyl Scratch had stopped running. Here she was marching down the southern road with only a vague notion of the direction she was going, she'd been walking all night and hadn't stopped since departing from Ponyville, leaving Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash in a world of confusion.

To be perfectly honest, she was in something of a confusion herself. To be perfectly honest, Vinyl Scratch needed to be away for a little while, what had happened between her and Octavia... she needed to get away. Even if her idea of getting away was locating the Fillydelphia Iron Works and contending with the members of the Machine Cult that were undoubtedly going to be there.

The book that Vinyl Scratch had taken from Twilight's Library was a book on the history of manufacturing in Fillydelphia from a thousand years ago. How this book had escaped the burnings that had come after she had taken power, Vinyl could only guess. Not to mention that Ponyville hadn't been built until year 899 of Celestia's reign.

The book had likely been in Emerald Sparkle's care, and dropped by an invisible Spritebot when asked for it.

Vinyl's ear twitched, she looked up and noticed a white blur was moving towards her, and fast.

A second later it was on her.

'SURPRISE!'

Surprise had tackled Vinyl Scratch to the ground and was grinning brightly. 'Found you!'

Vinyl Scratch blinked, she should be mad, she didn't want anyone following her, though she had only told it to Twilight and Rainbow Dash, she couldn't get mad at Surprise for it.

'What are you doing?' Vinyl asked.

'Helping you!' Surprise said brightly, hopping off Vinyl and helping her up.

'Did you consider that I might not want help?' Vinyl asked.

'Nope!' Surprise said and grinned at her. Vinyl realised at this point that Surprise was emulating her.

'Okay, when I do it, it's adorable, when you do it? It's just plain creepy', Vinyl said.

Surprise continued to grin.

Vinyl Scratch smiled and let out a sigh. 'Okay, fine, let's go then'.

Surprise smiled, and the two mares continued to walk down the road.

Comments ( 8 )

and so another another adventure begins....again.

Watch these guys be so nuts that Celestia's fear of technology has a superficial justification.

Always count on Surprise :pinkiehappy:

#4 · Dec 2nd, 2011 · · ·

Surprise ftw

#5 · Dec 3rd, 2011 · · ·

I don't care if surprise molested poor Twi or that she is a murderous psychopath with a tendency to butcher things with a chain knife, I am impressed with the helpfulness she is showing!

I actually didn't happen to notice the bit about Surprise mimicking the actions and emotions of the ponies around her. It makes a lot of sense now, and it's a pretty cool concept too.

Anyway, perhaps Surprise's reflection of Vinyl's personality would allow her to remember the pony she really is, before she gets even more pissed off. Despite not exactly having much of her own personality now that this has been explained to the readers, I still like Surprise, possibly as the best character in this fic. Awesome stuff.

767727

Hey that's what happens when the ratio between female and male is 8:1. :derpytongue2:

I liked surprise better when she was a murderous psychopath:pinkiecrazy:

Login or register to comment