• ...
6
 56
 1,817

Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Vinyl Scratch and Octavia lay together under the covers; Vinyl Scratch lay on her back, looking up at the ceiling, while Octavia curled up with her head lying on Vinyl’s chest.

Vinyl grinned. ‘Let me tell you something O, you’ve certainly got quite the way of showing somepony you’re happy they’re alive’.

‘This changes nothing, I’m still angry with you’, Octavia said, rolling her head around to look at her.

‘You’re always angry with me O’, Vinyl Scratch said with a grin.

‘Because you always do something to make me angry!’ Octavia said, smiling and planting a kiss on Vinyl Scratch’s lips. ‘I know you do it on purpose!’

‘What can I say? You’re sexy when you’re mad, since that’s all the time I don’t know how I can stand to be around you without getting turned on! Oh wait that’s right...’ Vinyl said grinning widely.

‘Stop that!’ Octavia said playfully, gently pushing Vinyl Scratch away from her.

‘No!’ Vinyl said with a grin, nuzzling her lover sweetly.

That was when Octavia began to cry. ‘How could you do that to me, Vinyl?’

Vinyl Scratch frowned, it had been a terrible thing that she had done to Octavia. Forgetting to go back and tell her that she was okay was inexcusable. It was true, Vinyl Scratch could do nothing but hurt the ones she loved.

‘Something happened’, Vinyl said, pulling Octavia close to her. ‘Something happened that made my personal well being not matter... that doesn’t exactly excuse it, it doesn’t, I’m sorry I hurt you Octavia’.

Octavia looked up into Vinyl’s eyes; she pushed the goggles off the mare’s head to discover that Vinyl had started to cry as well. She planted a kiss upon her lover’s lips and smiled.

‘How long have you been crying?’ Octavia asked.

‘Pretty much since we started’, Vinyl said with a small smile. She leaned back and laid her head back down upon the pillow. ‘Man... Twilight is going to be so pissed at me when she learns that we had sex in her bed’.

‘You should wash them for her’, Octavia suggested.

‘O, do you remember what happened the last time I did my own laundry?’ Vinyl Scratch asked.

Octavia glanced at Vinyl for a moment and smirked slightly. ‘Oh yes... you’re doomed’.

‘Tell me something I don’t know’, Vinyl said with a grin.

...

Princess Luna paced back and forth through her room. Something was wrong, she could feel it. The spritebot was late. The last thing she needed was for it to be seen, it would jeopardise everything she had worked for over the last eleven hundred years.

There was a knock at her door, Luna turned to it, cleared her throat and spoke. ‘Enter’.

The door pushed open and she discovered the slender, pristine white coated figure of her sister. Celestia smiled at her as she trotted into the room, closing the door behind her.

‘Good evening sister’, Luna said simply and continued with her pacing.

‘Good evening, is everything all right?’ Celestia asked as she took a seat on Luna’s bed. ‘You look worried about something, is there anything I can do to help?’

‘I’m fine’, Luna said, purposely avoiding eye contact with her sister, she knew what she was doing, she was trying to probe for information, their natural telepathy made it easy gleam information from the minds of lesser ponies, though when it came to each other, a much more involved approach was necessary.

Celestia was a stronger telepath than her, if Luna wasn’t careful, Celestia could burrow past her defences and learn what Luna was so on edge about.

‘Stop scanning me!’ Luna exclaimed, she could feel her sister nagging and pulling at the corners of her mind.

Celestia frowned. ‘You won’t tell me what’s bothering you, Luna, I care, I want you to be happy’.

‘I am plenty happy sister’, Luna said. ‘If I chose to keep things from you, it is because they are private. I am not your vassal, you have not forgotten that we are equals during my exile have you? I am perfectly in my right to keep things from you, as you keep things from me’.

‘Luna... I keep nothing from you...’ Celestia began, but was quickly interrupted.

‘The Machine Cult, and Fillydelphia Iron Works?’ Luna asked.

Celestia’s mouth opened and shut several times, but no words came out of it, eventually her mouth shut entirely, and she rose from the bed and began to walk towards the door. ‘I wish you would share your thoughts with me, sister, like we did so long ago...’

‘Times change’, Luna said simply.

Celestia frowned and exited from the room, within moments, she was away from the room and out of earshot.

‘Speaking of secrets... This ‘Machine Cult’, and the Fillydelphia Iron Works was something that I could have been told about’.

Princess Luna turned and before her eyes was a spritebot, fluttering it’s wings rapidly to support itself in the air.

‘Hello Sadie!’ Luna said brightly, causing the spritebot to chirp and happily. ‘Hello, Doctor Sparkle, you’re late’, she added, somewhat less enthusiastically.

‘Not late’, Emerald Sparkle’s voice barked over the spritebot’s speakers. ‘Here the entire time, had to make sure that Sadie wasn’t discovered, the royal guards actually seem to be getting competent, I can’t afford to lose any more spritebots than I already have’.

Princess Luna nodded simply. ‘Very well, what do you have?’

‘Well, you will likely be interested in knowing that my descendant and her friends found me, they’ve also reminded me just how little I get out of our relationship, this was meant to be a partnership, after all, Princess, so, I’ve decided that our arrangement is hereby terminated. I am done spying for you. I’ve lost sixteen spritebots in the last four months alone. They are my eyes and ears, Princess Luna, and I cannot make more if they are destroyed, not without access to the Fillydelphia Iron Works... and since I don’t think you’ll be able to get that for me...’

Princess Luna raised an eyebrow at the spritebot before her. ‘The arrangement has worked for the last thousand years...’

‘And you spent the entirety of it on the moon’, Emerald Sparkle interrupted. ‘Leaving me with nothing to gain, Goodbye Princess Luna. You’ll have to find your own spies to do your dirty work for you’.

The spritebot beeped sadly and turned and flew out the window, disappearing, literally into the night sky.

...

Carrot Top smiled as she rested her head against Caramel’s shoulder, the two were lying on top of the covers on Carrot Top’s bed, they were quiet, words were not necessary for this moment. Caramel had wrapped his forelegs around Carrot Top’s body and held her close, the two of them were more than content to continue to lie here indefinitely.

Thoughts were racing through Carrot Top’s mind, almost all of them related to Caramel. The two officially were together now. Carrot Top couldn’t be happier, Caramel was sweet on her. She smirked slightly at the unintentional pun that her head had put together.

Her other thoughts trailed back to her time at the University of Canterlot, It seemed like that was a long time ago, while she had obtained her bachelor with honours in Literature nearly two years before.

Much could change in two years, much more than Carrot Top could realise. 999 had been a good year for Carrot Top. Her fourth year of university had been packed with excitement, and special memories that Carrot Top kept to herself, private memories for her own enjoyment.

Carrot Top was a rather private pony. While she had lived for four years in Canterlot during her time in university, she left for the quiet, rustic, Ponyville the first chance she got. It wasn’t that Carrot Top was socially awkward or anything, it was just that she liked having time to herself. That was one of the big things that she liked about Caramel. Somehow, the colt knew exactly when she wanted him around and exactly when she wanted to be by herself. He wasn’t pushy, he wasn’t needy, he wasn’t brash, and he wasn’t arrogant. What he was, was kind, and gentle, and sensitive, and loving, all in his own way.

Carrot Top smiled, she tilted her head back and planted an upside down kiss on the earth pony stallion’s lips. Carrot Top loved Caramel, Caramel loved Carrot Top, and maybe the best thing about the situation, they didn’t even need to say anything. They just knew.