• Published 9th Oct 2016
  • 1,775 Views, 31 Comments

Equestriatale: The Other Side - neonpalette93



The monsters of the Underground team with the ponies of Equestria to locate and remove the source of many world breaking glitches.

  • ...
3
 31
 1,775

Epilogue: As Normal As It Gets

Once Gaster was defeated and the world returned to normal, the ponies and monsters returned to their daily lives. A museum was built to showcase the history of monsters, from their banishment to the Underground to the deaths of Asriel and Chara to their emergence in Equestria. Sans refused to tell about what had happened during his fight with Gaster, so it was briefly glossed over. Simiarly, Frisk wouldn't speak of how she destroyed the barrier, or the circumstances surrounding Flowey's takeover of the timeline. Unfortunately, the sign for the building was misspelled, so now it reads "Monster Museeum."

Frisk lives with Toriel in her home, but often stays in Twilight's castle, due to its roominess. Sans lazes around anywhere and everywhere. Sometimes he goes to Grillby's, but only for a bit. Papyrus went back to cooking spaghetti, and was finally successful in making it edible. It still didn't taste very good, but that didn't dishearten him in the slightest. Undyne Joined Celestia's royal guard and convinced the princess to station her in Monsterville. Papyrus pesters her about getting him into the guard as well, but she always finds excuses for not mentioning it. Alphys began working with Ponyville's only scientist, a stallion known as Time Turner. They're very secretive about their work, but they assure everyone that it will benefit the area significantly. Toriel continues to teach at the Ponyville Schoolhouse, and with her magic, learned that ponies possess souls similar to the souls Asgore had collected. Asgore works with the flower sisters with gardening and the like.

"HUMAN!" Papyrus pulls Frisk from her daydream. She was sitting in Ponyville town square.

"paps. she's got a name y'know." Sans is standing there with his brother.

"I KNOW. I JUST... GOT USED TO CALLING THEM HUMAN. IT IS A BAD HABIT."

"no kiddin'."

"OKAY. FRISK! I HAVE BEEN SENT TO RETRIEVE YOU FOR AN IMPORTANT MEETING WITH KING ASGORE AND THE PRINCESSES."

"i have to go to that meeting too, but i thought tagging along with paps was more fun."

"I wonder what they want." Frisk says. She gets up and follows the skeleton brothers towards Twilight's castle.

"I HAVE NO IDEA, BUT I KNOW IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE BARRIER AND GASTER."

Frisk stammers. "I... I'm hungry. I want to eat first."

Sans winks at her. "sounds good to me. how 'bout you, paps?"

"VERY WELL, BUT I DON"T KNOW WHERE TO GO."

"how 'bout grillby's?"

"ABSOLUTELY NOT! I DO NOT LIKE GREASE."

"ahh come on bro. frisk really wants to go." Papyrus turns to Frisk, who looks at him with sad, puppy dog eyes. He tries to look away, but he eventually relents.

"ALRIGHT, BUT IF I GET GREASE ON ME, IT IS YOUR FAULT."

"whatever bro."

Sans leads them to the bar. Grillby had relocated his establishment to the edge of Ponyville, and had the building expanded to accommodate both ponies and monsters. They sit down at the bar, and are soon served by the bartender, a fire monster named Grillby.

"hey grillbz. three orders of burg." Grillby simply nods and heads to the back. he soon returns with three burgers and a bottle of ketchup. Sans pours some on his burger and offers it to his companions. Papyrus refuses to even touch his burger because of grease. Frisk takes the bottle and tries to use it, but the cap falls off and the entire bottle empties onto her food.

"ha ha ha! i can't believe you fell for that again."

"SANS! DON'T BE RUDE."

"you're right paps. let's head out."

"BUT WHAT ABOUT THE FOOD?"

"grillby'll take care of it." Grillby nods in response and throws the sandwiches in a trashcan.

"THAT DIDN'T WORK OUT IN THE SLIGHTEST. WHERE SHALL WE EAT NOW?"

"how 'bout muffet's?" Sans grabs Frisk and Papyrus's hands and teleports to Sugarcube Corner, where Muffet set up her bakery. Both Frisk and Papyrus are briefly delirious upon arrival.

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? I'M DIZZY NOW."

"sorry paps. it was the quickest way here." They begin to head in, but Papyrus stops. "what's the matter bro?"

"I DON'T LIKE SPIDERS. I'LL WAIT OUTSIDE."

"alright." Sans and Frisk enter Sugarcube corner and cross the imaginary line down the center to Muffet's Bakery. There are a bunch of monsters there.

"Why hello dearies. I haven't seen you here for a while." The spider owner, Muffet, greets them.

"me an' the kid were felling a bit peckish and wanted to see if you'd hook us up with some donuts."

"Of course." Muffet goes around back, and soon returns with two donuts. "Enjoy your meal dearies."

The two leave the bakery and meet with Papyrus outside. He squirms a bit as Frisk and Sans prepare to eat their food. Frisk breaks the donut in half to find several live spiders crawling around inside. She quickly throws it away.

"I think we should eat somewhere else."

"what's the matter kid, afraid of a few spiders?" Sans says as he tosses his donut into his mouth. Both Frisk and Papyrus nod. Sans sighs. "alright. this is the last place we're going." Sans teleports them to the new MTT Resort. The sole food vendor, an eccentric cat monster nicknamed Burgerpants, smokes a cigarette behind the counter. When the group teleports in, he shrieks and falls out of his chair.

"W-welcome to MTT-Brand Burger Emporium, home of the Glamburger. Sparkle up your day (TM)." Burgerpants says when he returns to his seat.

"heya bpants. do ya really need to say that every time i come in here?" Sans says.

"I don't want the boss to yell at me for not doing my job right, so yeah."

"HAS HE EVER TOLD YOU TO SAY THAT?" Papyrus asks.

"Well... no, but-"

"Better to play it safe, huh?" Frisk replies.

"You know it, little buddy. So what can I get ya?"

"i'll take a glamburger."

"I WILL TAKE THE LEGENDARY HERO."

"I'll have a starfait."

"Coming right up." Burgerpants lazily gets off of his chair and drags his feet as he heads into the kitchen. A few moments later, he returns with a tray containing a glamburger, a starfait, and a legendary hero sandwich. As they leave Burgerpants shouts to them. "Have a FABU-FUL day!"

After eating, Sans teleports them to Twilight's castle for the meeting.

"THIS IS WHERE I MUST DEPART. HAVE FUN IN THE MEETING YOU TWO!"

"sure bro." They enter the castle in relative silence before Frisk speaks up.

"What do you think the meeting is about?"

"who knows. i know they want to talk to me about beating gaster. you, probably something about breaking the barrier."

"That's what I was afraid of."

"don't worry. i'm not too keen on talking either, but it's asgore and the princesses we're talking to. i even heard that they called in the fourth princess for this."

"There's a fourth princess?"

"five, actually. the fifth is a baby, so you can see why she couldn't come." At that moment, they reach the doors of the castle meeting hall.

"whatever happens in there, don't be nervous. just tell the truth."

"That goes for you too. I know how you like to keep secrets."

"i'll try my best."

With that, they open the doors to meet with the princesses (and Asgore), to finally lay down the truth as to what lead to their circumstances.

Author's Note:

And that's a wrap on The Other Side. Keep watch for the Equestriatale series 2-part premiere sometime soon.

Comments ( 5 )

You should make another on of these I can totally see it working out for you.

Could you link it in a blog post? I don't want to miss it.:pinkiehappy:

0/10: Not enough puns

"I JUST... GOT USED TO CALLING THEM HUMAN. IT IS A BAD HABIT."
"no kiddin'."

:pinkiehappy: ["rim-shot"] :rainbowlaugh:!

All in all: it might be way more interesting :rainbowwild:. There's simply not enough: a bland fight, which doesn't seem to work out the way it does in game, and when it comes to the rest, well, there might be some plot... If only...

And I refuse to believe Sans can teleport :eeyup:. He knows shortcuts -- that's what he does.

Login or register to comment