• Published 9th Oct 2016
  • 1,775 Views, 31 Comments

Equestriatale: The Other Side - neonpalette93



The monsters of the Underground team with the ponies of Equestria to locate and remove the source of many world breaking glitches.

  • ...
3
 31
 1,775

Introductions

King Asgore paces back and forth outside the doors to Twilight's dining hall. Twilight had called the rulers of Equestria, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, about the monster's appearance, and was speaking with them in the dining hall. Asgore was waiting for them to call him in. Frisk and the other monsters were sitting in the throne room relaxing. Spike was there to talk to them, and Twilight's pupil, Starlight Glimmer, had just returned home. Upon entering the throne room, she shrieked.

"Why are there monsters in the castle?!" She yells to Spike. Spike just chuckles at her.

"Don't worry, they're harmless." He says. At that moment, Papyrus sees her and runs over to introduce himself.

"GREETINGS, PONY. I AM THE GREAT PAPYRUS. WHAT IS YOUR NAME?"

"Uhh... Starlight."

"NICE TO MEET YOU STARLIGHT."

Sans looks up from his nap in one of the thrones. "alright paps, leave her alone. can't you see she's terrified?" Papyrus glares at Sans, then looks at Starlight. Upon seeing her scared face, he backs off.

"MY APOLOGIES STARLIGHT. I AM SIMPLY TOO EAGER TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS." Papyrus looks at Sans. "SANS. WHEN CAN WE GO MAKE FRIENDS?"

"ask tori." Sans responds. He points to Toriel, who is sitting with Frisk in one of the thrones. Papyrus runs over to her.

"CAN WE GO MAKE FRIENDS NOW TORIEL?" He asks.

Toriel sets Frisk on the ground and stands up. "Very well. It would be nice to get to know the other ponies. Spike, Starlight. Would you care to accompany us? The ponies are more likely to trust us if you are with us." Spike nods, and Starlight smiles.

"W-we should tell Asgore where we're going." Alphys says.

"I'll do it." Frisk says.

"I'll go with her. She'll need help finding the dining hall." Starlight volunteers to go with her. Starlight leads her down a separate hallway.

"Sooo... " Starlight attempts to make conversation. "What are you? You seem so different from the other monsters. I don't think you're a monster, are you?"

"Nope. I'm a human." Frisk replies.

"Are there other humans?"

"Not where me and my friends came from. I was the only human in the Underground."

"You came from underground?"

"I fell down a cave inside of Mt. Ebbot and landed in the Underground. I met all of the monsters and made friends with them."

"Mt. Ebbot? Doesn't sound familiar."

"Something happened. Somehow, the Underground isn't where it used to be. The cave to the Underground is in that big forest instead of the side of Mt. Ebbot. Mt. Ebbot isn't even there anymore."

"You don't care, do you? Did you have any family before you... uhh... fell?"

"Yeah, but they weren't very nice. They always beat me, and worked me to the bone. I couldn't handle it, so I went to Mt. Ebbot to..."

"No need to continue. Everything turned out for the better though, right?"

"Absolutely. I have a lot of loving friends now, and a caring family."

"Family?"

"The Dreemurrs. Toriel and Asgore."

"From what I heard, they don't get along very well."

"It's a long story. They once had a son who had died at the hands of the humans. Asgore was enraged, and made some... bad choices. Toriel hated the choices he made, and left him. Asgore still misses her, but she resents him."

"We're here." Starlight says. Asgore stops his pacing to greet the new arrivals.

"Howdy Frisk. Who is your friend?"

"This is Starlight."

"Hi, Mr. Dreemurr." Starlight smiles at him.

"Please, just call me Asgore."

"We came to tell you that we're going to go out and try to make friends." Frisk tells him.

"Alright. Try not to scare the residents."

~Ponyville town square~

Starlight and Spike lead Frisk and the monsters into town square. Upon seeing the monsters, the ponies begin to run back into their homes, but Starlight uses a spell to freeze them in place.

"No running. The monsters are friendly and want to be friends."

One of the mares in the crowd looks toward another. "What if they're controlling her mind?!" This prompts a gasp from the other mare. Starlight rolls her eyes.

"MIND CONTROL? THAT WOULD BE VERY HANDY! I COULD GET SANS TO FINALLY PICK UP HIS DIRTY SOCKS!" Papyrus says, before glaring at his brother. Sans simply shrugs.

"ehh. don't count on it bro."

"SANS! YOU LAZYBONES!"

"hey, i'm not lazy. iv'e gotten a TON of work done today."

"SANS, DON'T YOU DARE."

"a SKELE-TON."

"SANS! YOU'VE USED THAT PUN BEFORE! MULTIPLE TIMES!"

"an oldie but a goodie."

"NO IT IS NOT! YOUR PUNS ARE IRRITATING!"

"they don't seem to think so." Sans points to the frozen crowd of ponies. Many are attempting to keep in giggles. Papyrus just looks confused.

"THE PONIES LIKE YOUR PUNS? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM?"

"if the crowd loves 'em, i'll keep 'em coming. starlight, if you would." As he says that, Starlight nods and drops her spell. Some of the ponies leave, while others come and sit near the monsters.

Asgore walks in to town square and stops suddenly at what he sees. The ponies are spread around between the different monsters discussing various topics. He approaches Sans, who is standing to the side against a tree.

"It seems the ponies are more welcoming to us monsters. Good work Sans."

"oh i can't take all the credit. tibia honest, it was a group effort."

"Oh ho." Asgore laughs at Sans's pun. "In any case, I've gotten permission to bring the rest of the monsters to the surface. Would you be so kind as to go retrieve them for me? You would get them much faster than I, considering your, ahem, 'shortcuts'."

"i'll be back in two shake, ol' fluffybuns." With that, he vanishes. Asgore walks toward the other monsters, and is soon joined by Twilight.

"Greetings, ponies. I am Asgore, king of the monsters. I have been in discussion with Princess Twilight, Princess Luna, and Princess Celestia."

"We have decided to allow the remaining monsters of the Underground to remain here in Ponyville. Please show them as much kindness as you have shown these monsters." Twilight concludes. Sans suddenly appears from behind a tree.

"the monsters are now topside." He says, as every monster from the underground climbs to the top of Ponyville hill, to gaze in awe at their new home.