• Published 9th Oct 2016
  • 1,775 Views, 31 Comments

Equestriatale: The Other Side - neonpalette93



The monsters of the Underground team with the ponies of Equestria to locate and remove the source of many world breaking glitches.

  • ...
3
 31
 1,775

Into The Everfree

"Is everyone here?"

The monster/pony team gathered together on Ponyville hill and was preparing to march in in search of Gaster. The team consists of Asgore, Frisk, Undyne, Sans, Bon Bon, and Starlight. Sans sees something shift behind a tree, and uses his magic to grab a hold of them. He pulls Twilight Sparkle out from behind the tree, along with a very unhappy yellow flower.

"What are you doing?! Put me down, Smiley Trashbag!" Flowey yells.

"ok." Sans pulls Flowey into the ground with his magic, but keeps a hold of him.

"I meant let go!"

"ok." Sans lets go of Frisk's sleeve, which he had grabbed for no reason.

"LET GO OF ME!!"

"ok." Sans releases his magical grip on Flowey. The flower attempts to retreat into the ground, but Sans grabs him again. "before you go, why are you following us?"

"I'm not." Flowey snaps.

"yeah you are. why else would you be here? you want to see him to, don'tcha?"

"Mmmaybee."

"alright. you can hang out with frisk."

"Wait, what?" Flowey is suddenly dropped into a flower pot that is conjured up by Starlight.

"as for you..." Sans turns to the princess of friendship. "why are you here?"

"I a... wanted to go on a walk and..." Twilight stammers.

Starlight shakes her head. "Twilight. With all due respect, you absolutely suck at lying."

"You're right." The princess says. "I just couldn't resist the chance to see what the empty void looks like."

"uhhh... empty?" Sans says.

"Then I guess I'll settle for seeing this who this Doctor Gaster is."

"alright. come on then." Sans leads the group into the forest. About 10 minutes of walking later, Sans stops them.

"i'm lost."

"Are you serious?!" Everyone yells in unison. Suddenly, Frisk's phone begins to ring. Alphys in on the other end.

"I know where the glitches are coming from. " She says. "They're concentrated around the Royal Sister's old castle. I can tell you which way to go. From your current position, go east until you reach a large boulder. Then head northeast untill you reach a large tree stump. Then go east again until you reach a clearing. You should be able to see the castle from there."

"thanks alphys." Sans says. "hold on to each other. you don't want to be left behind." Everyone holds each other's hands (or hooves), and with a snap of Sans' fingers, they were gone. They instantly reappeared in the clearing mentioned by Alphys. The ruins of the castle can be seen nearby.

"i should be able to teleport us there real quick." Sans snaps his fingers, but nothing happens. "what the-"

"The glitches are stopping you from using your magic." Alphys is still on the other line. "You have *fizz* fro- *fizz* here. *fizz*" The phone line disconnects.

"It appears that the glitches are stopping both magic and phone lines." Asgore points out.

"Hey." Flowey call their attention. "Who's that over there?" Using his petal, he points to a lone figure standing at the edge of the clearing, facing the castle.

"hey you!" Sans calls out. The group approaches the figure. "who are you?"

"My name does not matter." The figure turns to reveal a grey, emotionless version of the ficus licking monster.

"You look... familiar. I recall you being red or orange." Asgore says.

"You are thinking of my brother. I am an apprentice scientist for Doctor W.D. Gaster."

"what is he up to?"

"The good Doctor does not wish for his work to be disturbed." The figure spawns several venus fly trap plants behind him, and enters a fighting stance. "I will not allow you to interfere."

"whatever bud. fluffybuns, do your thing."

"I would ask that you refrain from calling me that." Asgore draws his trident. With a single swing, he cuts down the fly traps. He then hits Gaster's follower over the head with it.

"You will not stop the good Doctor. He will prevail." Suddenly, the follower disappears.

"that was odd. welp, let's keep going." Sans takes them down the path that Gaster's follower was guarding. They soon come across a grey monster child that looks similar to Monster Kid, but with no pupils.

"Is that... Kid?" Frisk asks.

"I am known as Goner Kid." The child says. "The Kid that you refer to is my brother. I was taken in as Gaster's protege."

"Will you tell us what he's up to?" Asks Undyne.

"I will not, but I will not fight you either. Just forget about me." The child sits down and stares blankly at the ground in front of him. The group passes him, and he suddenly vanishes. They are soon confronted by a large grey face sticking out of the ground, unlike any monster anyone had seen.

"what are you supposed to be?" Sans asks it.

"It does not matter. Even if I were to tell you, your knowledge of it would be short lived. Doctor Gaster will save us all."

"what is gaster planning?"

"I can't say." The monster curls it's mouth into a twisted smile. "After all, it's rude to talk about someone who's listening."

"Huh?" Sans looks behind him in time to see a fast paced shadow heading straight for the princess of friendship.

"twilight, look out!" The shadow makes contact in a puff of smoke, much to everyone's horror. When the smoke dissipates, they see that it is not Twilight who has taken the hit, but Bon Bon.

"Bon Bon? You saved me?"

Bon Bon smirks. "Of course I did. In S.M.I.L.E., they taught us that there may eventually... be a time when we must sacrifice our lives to protect someone important. I figured... this was my time."

"Thank you."

"No problem. Just... doing my job." With that, Bon Bon fades into the void. Sans searches for the face monster, but it is nowhere to be seen.

Sans ushers the group forward. The group walks out into a clearing to see the ruins of the Castle of the Two Sisters looming overhead.

"Hey. Look over there." Flowey calls their attention to a lone figure approaching them from the castle. The figure looks like a grey version of the cat monster who hangs around at Muffet's shop, except with a blacked out face. It stops in front of the group briefly, holding up a small white object. The object suddenly sprouts a face.

"It is not long now." The object says. "Doctor Gaster will free us all. He will purge this world of its filth and reshape it into a utopia." The figure then brushes past them, walking silently into the darkened woods.

"welp." Sans says. "here we are." The group gazes at the ruins, now half gone with strings of numbers flowing out. They gaze back towards Ponyville and see several large strings of numbers flowing overhead.

"you know what we need to do."