• Published 9th Oct 2016
  • 1,775 Views, 31 Comments

Equestriatale: The Other Side - neonpalette93



The monsters of the Underground team with the ponies of Equestria to locate and remove the source of many world breaking glitches.

  • ...
3
 31
 1,775

Beware The Man Who Speaks In Hands

"you know what we need to do." Sans leads the group inside and begins pointing to different areas for searching.

"we need to find g's way of gettin' out of the void. twilight and starlight, go search the library." Twilight shoots up in excitement, and flies down an adjacent hall. Starlight rolls her eyes and follows.

"undyne, head down that hallway over there."

"Ngaaaaaah!" Undyne breaks a lamppost and runs down the hall.

"fluffybuns, head up them stairs there."

"I thought we agreed you wouldn't call me that." Asgore goes up the stairs to the left.

"frisk and flowey, I heard there is organ in this place. go search there."

"We don't know where that is Trashbag." Flowey says.

"go find it."

Flowey mumbles something under his breath as Frisk carries him away.

"and i'll search here." Sans says to himself, as he collapses into a chair and dozes off.

~Library~

"Yes!" Twilight shouts. "It's been too long since I was able to read these books! You'll love some of these books, Starlight. There's works from Meadowbrook, Coltfucious, Gallopleo, Starswirl the Bearded..." She stops once she realizes her pupil isn't there to listen. She flies back down the hall she had come from, flying (and crashing) into Starlight.

"Owwwww." Starlight moans and rubs her head.

"Sorry." Twilight helps her up. "I was so excited to go to the library, I forgot you've never been here before.

"So you had to abandon your reading to come find me? It only took a couple minutes this time. That's a new record."

"You're funny." Twilight leads Starlight to the expansive castle library, and she immediately becomes engrossed in the one of the books.

"Twilight!" Starlight slams her hoof down on the table, scaring her teacher. "We have a portal thingy to find."

"Right." Twilight quickly surveys the room. "Nothing out of the ordinary here."

"Really? You gathered that from just a quick glance?"

"Yup. I have good vision and a photographic memory. I would know if anything was different. Let's check the inner chamber."

"Wait, there's another room?" Starlight follows Twilight to a specific bookshelf. Twilight pulls one of the books, opening the bookshelf to a whole different room. Twilight immediately notices a key laying on a table in the middle of the room.

"This wasn't here before. Maybe it's a clue?"

"Let's take it to Sans."

~Hall of Hooves~

Undyne wanders down the dim hallway. Hearing a creak, she draws her busted lamppost and prepares to fight.

"Must have been some creaky floorboards or something." She then notices the sound of approaching footsteps.

"Who's there?! I have a broken lamppost and I'm not afraid to use it!" Suddenly, a humanoid shaped robot stumbles into the corridor.

"Mettaton?!" Undyne yells, catching the bot's attention.

"Why, hello Undyne. I've been sent by Alphys to accompany you. Where are the others?"

"Spread throughout the castle. Didn't you see Sans in the main hall?"

"I did, but he was asleep. I tried to wake him but he wouldn't budge."

"That bonehead! When I get back there, I'm gonna kick his-"

"Now now Undyne. Quell your anger."

"You're right." She pauses. "WHY did Alphys send you?"

He flashes a nervous smile. "She seemed a bit agitated with me. I guess my fabulousness was too much for her to handle."

"Your always too much to handle."

"In all seriousness, she sent me after Princess Twilight. She figured the princess followed you and told me to come here."

"Well since you're here, help me find the portal." The two search the hall for a bit, before Mettaton notices something.

"What's that over there?" He pulls a key off of one of the hooves. "A key? Perhaps we should take it to Sans?"

"Yeah, and I'll give him a piece of my mind."

~Throne Room~

Asgore wanders aimlessly through the room, searching for any sign of Gaster's portal. Seeing nothing, he prepares to leave, but the doors slam shut. A shadowy figure materializes in front of him and begins to circle him.

"Hello, Dear King Asgore." The shadow says.

"Gaster." Asgore responds. "I do not wish to fight you. I only want-"

"It is too late. Soon, both Ponyville and Monsterville will be forced into the void. I'll be able to harness the energy from the monsters and ponies to escape the void, and reshape the world to my liking."

"Gaster, please. This will only cause harm. Everyone will be miserable. The Gaster I knew wouldn't-"

"The Gaster you knew is gone. He disappeared when he fell into the Core. This Gaster wants to escape the emptiness that is the void, and will do anything in his power to do so."

"Gaster-"

"I'm sorry to cut this short, but I have a human to talk to." The shadow then vanishes, leaving a key in it's place.

"Frisk." Asgore quickly retrieves the key and runs towards the main hall.

~Main Hall~

Sans lounges in a chair. He relaxes, untill a loud roar startles him.

"SANS!"

He very quickly gets up and starts moving books around, as if searching for something. Undyne storms into the hall, straight for Sans, and picks him up by the collar of his jacket.

"sup undyne. find anything good?"

"Why would you send everyone away searching, and then fall asleep?!"

"i didn't fall asleep. i was searching the whole time."

"That's not what Mettaton said." Sans looks past Undyne at the Bot behind her.

"sup mtt. find anything?"

"Hello Sans. We found a strange key."

"So did we." Twilight interrupts. Starlight follows her into the hall, levitating the key with her magic. Sans teleports out of Undyne's grasp to Mettaton, swipes the key, then teleports to Starlight and takes her key.

"maybe these have something to do with the door I found." He points to a strange glowing door set on the side of the staircase.

"But you were sleeping when I got here. How did you know that was there?"

"well mtt, i "metta" interesting character in my dream by the name of princess luna. she told me."

"Princess Luna spoke to you in your dream? What did she say?" Twilight asks.

"she said that the door was right there. that's about it, at least what was relevant to our situation. the rest was just moon related puns."

"Of course." Mettaton says.

"the door takes four keys. we have two, so that means asgore and frisk'll find the other two."

"I have a key." Asgore interrupts as he runs into the room. "But we must find Frisk. She is in trouble."

"the g-man, i take it?"

"I know the way to the organ room." Twilight says. "Follow me."

The group follows Twilight through the castle to the organ room, where Frisk and Flowey are sitting by the organ.

"Frisk!" Everyone shouts, startling both the child and the flower.

"What the hell do you want?!" Flowey yells.

"Gaster said that he was on his way here." Asgore explains.

"He was here." Frisk says. "He left me a key."

"what did he say to you?" Sans asks.

"Nothing. He just kind of... showed up. He dropped a key in my hand and left. Flowey yelled at him, but he ignored him."

"Well we have all four keys. Let's open the door." Starlight gets everyone back on track.

They return to the main hall, where Sans puts the keys into the door. With a click, he opens it and they all enter. The inside is a dark grey color, apart from a lone figure in the center. The figure wears a greyish-purple robe that covers their face.

"River Person?" Asgore recognizes the figure.

"Beware the man who speaks in hands." River Person says ominously.

"What?" Undyne can't make sense of it.

"Beware the man who came from the other side." River Person turns to them.

"River Person, what is going on?" Asgore demands.

"Beware the man who was denied his existance." River Person removes their robe, revealing a pale black figure with a white skeletal face. He has two floating skeletal hands with holes through the palms. With a snap of his fingers, the entire group, apart from Sans, is knocked out and secured with black tentacles.

"Hello Sans."

"heya pops. you've been busy."

"Yes. Banishing an entire town into the void is exhausting, but will be well worth it."

"so i hear."

"But first, I must defeat you. You cannot stand in my way."

"sorry pops. can't do that."

"You WILL move aside."

"nope."

"YES."

"nope"

"YES!!"

"nope. i'd tell a pun, but i would rather 'a-void' the jokes for right now."

"STOP STALLING!!"

"alright. i just have one question for ya before we fight."

"do you wanna have a bad time?"