• Published 9th Oct 2016
  • 1,775 Views, 31 Comments

Equestriatale: The Other Side - neonpalette93



The monsters of the Underground team with the ponies of Equestria to locate and remove the source of many world breaking glitches.

  • ...
3
 31
 1,775

Glitches

One month after the arrival of the monsters, their new city was built. A portion of the Everfree forest, between Fluttershy's cottage and the path to Zecora's hut, was cut down to make room for it. Asgore, being bad with names, decided to gather his closet friend to help pick a name. Papyrus suggested "Papyrusland", and was saddened when the others voted against it. Asgore suggested "New New Home", but that too was voted down. Eventually they settled on "Monsterville", like the similarly named town nearby, Ponyville.

Despite having a whole town to themselves, the monsters tended to hang around in Ponyville. The ponies don't mind; they enjoy the monster's company. The spider baker, Muffet, even had half of Ponyville's bakery, Sugarcube Corner, into her own. The Undergrounds flamboyant robot star, Mettaton, had his MTT Resort rebuilt on the surface. The cat monster known as Burgerpants thought that he had finally been free of a life of flipping burgers, but he was quickly tracked down and rehired by Mettaton. The Nice Cream rabbit pulls his cart around Ponyville, selling nice cream to the foals in Ponyville. The fire monster, Grillby, reopened his bar and grill on the surface. Asgore spends much of his time with the three flower ponies, watering and caring for the flowers. Toriel works with Cheerilee as a teacher at Ponyville Schoolhouse. Undyne briefly worked at the Hayburger, but was fired for her unethical means of preparing food. Papyrus also works at the Hayburger, "cooking" spaghetti. Alphys assists Princess Twilight with lab experiments. Sans just hangs around in different places, typically found sleeping. A small cave next to Monsterville is now known as Temmie Village, home of the Tems. Even Flowey decided to come along too. Overall, the monsters had very nicely adapted to their new home.

On this particular night, a lone Froggit hopped along a dark Ponyville street. He liked to hop around at night, and was on his nightly hop when he was startled by a dark figure shooting around a corner. The Froggit shivers, but chooses to investigate. Upon reaching the corner, a shadowed hand grabs his leg. He pulls free, and looks around the corner. The figure was gone. The Froggit sighs and begins to continue his walk only to fall over. Once back up, the Froggit looks down to see that his entire arm had faded away. The rest of his body was also rapidly fading away in a mess of numbers, and black and white boxes. Before the Froggit can croak for help, the glitching reaches his head. A second later, the Froggit completely vanished, leaving behind only his carrying bag.

The next morning, Asgore awakens in his Monsterville home. He dresses himself and eats his breakfast. As he prepares to make some tea, he hears a knock at the door. When he answers, he is met by a very frantic Froggit.

"Ribbit ribbit! My friend is missing!" The Froggit says.

"Oh my. What has happened?"

"Ribbit ribbit! My fellow Froggit was on his nightly hop, and he just disappeared, ribbit ribbit! He left his bag on the ground, ribbit ribbit!"

"Where at?"

"In Ponyville, ribbit ribbit." A shriek interrupts them. Asgore runs to the source, the cave called Tem Village. Inside, several of the Temmies were crying and rolling around in sadness. One Tem walks over to greet the king.

"Hello King Asgore." The Tem says.

"Howdy Bob. What has happened here?"

"iS Awfl!" One Tem shouts.

"SaD neWs!" Another says.

"tEm sHoP tEm GoN!" They all cry in unison.

"The mushroom Ragel was witness to what happened. He'll tell you more." Bob points to the mushroom standing by the back wall.

"Thank you, Bob." Asgore walks to the far side of the room to the mushroom; the Tem returns to the other Tems.

"Ragel? I was told you saw what happened." The mushroom slowly lifts his head to reveal depressing looking eyes.

"That is correct. I was forced to bear witness to the terrible tragedy." Ragel says.

"What happened? How did the shop owner vanish?"

"A mysterious shadow slipped through the cave. It tapped the Tem and disappeared. The Tem began to fade away in a haze of numbers. Oh the numbers." Ragel looks directly at Asgore. "The numbers Asgore. What do they mean?" He slowly lowers his head and becomes silent. Asgore returns to his home and gathers his friends together.

"It has been reported to me that there have been two disappearances last night. A Froggit vanished while on his hop in Ponyville, and the owner of the Tem Shop disappeared while sleeping. The mushroom Ragel told me that the Tem had been tapped by a shadow, and they faded away in a mass of numbers." Asgore informs them.

"I heard that a Pyrope and a Moldsmal disappeared too." Frisk reports.

"I was told that a Whimsun had disappeared. A Vulkin had witnessed it." Toriel says.

"What did he say?" Asgore asks.

"The Whimsun was hit by a sudden shadow, and disappeared in a haze of numbers."

A sudden and loud shriek from Ponyville interrupts their discussion. The Monsters run into town to find three different ponies lying in the street, slowly fading into a fog of numbers. The various ponies nearby were screaming and running. Sans teleports over to a mare and grabs them.

"mind telling us what happened here?" He asks.

"Shadow. Numbers. Heeelllp!" The mare pulls out of his grasp and runs.

"This looks like computer glitches." Alphys points out. Suddenly, Toriel is struck from behind by a mysterious shadow. Sans teleports over in an attempt to catch the shadow, but it escapes his reach and flees into the forest. Asgore grabs Toriel before she hits the ground, and eases her down. She begins to fade into numbers.

"Tori! Don't worry! We will save you!" Asgore assures her.

"Shush Dreemurr. There is nothing you can do and you know it." She says coldly. She cracks a small smile. "But despite how much I despise you, I thank you for your concern."

"What does it feel like Ms. Dre... Toriel?" Alphys asks.

"It feels... oddly relaxing. I can feel myself... falling into the void." Upon mention of the void, Sans's expression shifts to one of worry. He teleports to Toriel's side.

"can you see the void? can you?" He asks.

"It is blurry... but yes." Toriel is dangerously close to disappearing.

"can you see anybody there? can you see ... him? " Sans asks frantically.

"I see... a black figure, with a white face, and hands with... holes in them." Sans suddenly falls backward.

"oh no." He simply states.

Toriel then fades away completely. Asgore clutches the air where she once lay, tears forming in his eyes. Frisk and Papyrus hug each other, tears dripping down their faces. Everyone sits silently for a moment, mourning their loss. Sans is the one who breaks the silence.

"i know who did this. we need to tell twilight now. i have a lot of explaining to do." The monsters all rise and run towards Twilight's Castle.