• Published 18th Mar 2016
  • 3,372 Views, 11 Comments

He's Just A Kid. - Mister Phoenix



"He's a baby dragon, Spike's just a baby, please Spikey? He just a kid, umm...Spike he nice but he is just a child" Those words echo through his mind daily, every single time it like the "friends" have to remind themselves he is a kid. It tiring

  • ...
12
 11
 3,372

He's All Alone Tonight

Just another quiet, boring day for the drake known as Spike. Wake up, cook breakfast, clean the library, sort the library, clean the dishes, get dinner started, and go to sleep. Then repeat, over, over and over again.

Spike got to see his friends daily; Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy. Then there's the Cutie Mark Crusaders, where he doesn't know where he stands with those three; Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Apple Bloom.

He sees them often, the drake always looking forward to talking to them. But one pony, Rarity, she always stood out above them all. It was little to no surprise to anypony that Spike had a huge crush on the unicorn. Ranging from helping her out, and Rarity making such a cute nickname for him; Spikey Wikey.

But then one winter day, the words hit him like a pile of bricks. It was just the same over and over again. Just like his life. Forever to repeat. Day after day. Night after night, until it just all finally ends.

He tried telling Twilight, the one who he trust the most, the mare who was almost like a big sister to him. Did he tell her about his crush on Rarity? She just laughs it off like it was nothing.

"It's just a crush Spike, you'll grow out of it soon" was the normal set of words she would say.

Even Pinkie Pie, the most joyful of anypony in the whole of Ponyville. Friends all across Equestria, brush off Spike when he asks about his love for Rarity.

"Love? That's a big word for such a little kid." Pinkie said, having Spike's eyes frozen in complete shock.

It was like out of a horror movie, or something that is written horribly. Spike just stood there, frozen in place. Unable to move at the cold icy words Pinkie spoke to him.

Time itself felt like it was no more, time had stopped for everypony but Spike. Everything was frozen still, in his mind time itself was moving at a much slower pace than yesterday.

It was strange to say the lease, but Spike just took a seat at an empty table. Drinking his milkshake, watching the world slow down with his eyes full of regret.

Pinkie looked at Spike while he sat and drank his milkshake slowly. The young drake was sitting in a grump, Pinkie taps her chin thinking how to cheer up a grumping baby dragon.

Spike drank his smoothie in... well, what he thought that was the grumpiest, grump he could be in. He even wondered if grumpiest was a real word. Now that he was thinking about it, was it?

Making up new words was nothing new, but it was normally Pinkie's thing. The word stumped him, then he thought of why he wanted to know why? His mind went straight to 'because there nothing important today.'

Pinkie arose behind the seat Spike was sitting in, her smile grinning from ear to ear. Before she let out a loud noise, causing Spike to fall out of his seat in surprise.

"Oops," Pinkie said, covering her mouth with her hoof.

"Right, that might have been too loud. You are just a baby dragon after all." Pinkie said, making Spike storm out of Sugar Cube Corner in a rage.

Closing the door with a loud slam, everypony in the sweet shop looked at the door in shock at what just happened. Pinkie frowned, wondering what she did wrong. She was meant to make Spike happy.

"Now he's more grumpiest, grumping, that has ever grumpped!" Pinkie said out loud, which no pony questioned her chose her words.

Spike kicked a rock across the ground, his eyes locked towards the ground. Watching where the pebble flies across the ground. The words from the ponies hit his ears, they all know and treat him the same.

Just like everypony he meets, the words of "baby, kid, child" it was just frustrating. Some of them, some who he once called a friend, can't even look him in the eye after his 'Greed' got the best of him.

Just because he's young doesn't mean that he doesn't understand what they are talking about. But no, every time it just "Oh Spike, this is grown up stuff. You just wouldn't understand." Twilight normally would say to him.

"Sorry little dude, but well... ya just a kid. You don't know any better." Rainbow Dash said, talking down to him.

"Umm....Sorry Spike, you won't understand how to take care of animals. With you being so young and all." Fluttershy of all ponies would even stick to the same level.

"Gosh, Spike ya just can't help me 'round the farm. Y'all are just a kid, y'all don't understand how hard farm work is." Applejack says when he asked if she needs help.

"Well, I know you know how to cook. But this is just too important and well... I'm afraid a kid like you will mess it up." Pinkie Pie said whenever he wanted to help around Sugar Cube Corner.

"Spikey-Poo, well umm.... You're just a child. Plus dear, your so call 'crush' is just going to pass by." Rarity, his crush, the mare he loves, just shrugs off his feelings.

The word echoes through his head, one by one. Twilight, Rainbow, Fluttershy, Applejack, Pinkie Pie and then Rarity. Those cute nick names, the use of the word kid.

He felt like yelling, but didn't. All he did was just fall to the grassy ground. Spike didn't know when he got in the park, but he didn't care.

Spike rested his head in his hands, eyes closed seeing only darkness. The sound of laughter filled his ears. The sound of others having fun.

"Umm...Spike?" A sweet voice said. Spike lifted his head, seeing Sweetie Belle's smiling face.

"What's wrong?" She questioned.

"Well, it's just that everypony thinks that I'm useless. Or just won't understand because-" Spike said, Sweetie Belle sitting down next to him.

"I'm just a kid." Sweetie finished for him.

Spike looked over at her in surprise. He raised an eyebrow, causing Sweetie to giggle.

"Every kid thinks the same thing, Spike. You want to know how we put through it?" Sweetie asked him.

"Umm...Yeah. What's the secret?" Spike asked.

"It because we're kids! Adults are boring, stuck with their jobs and responsibilities. We still got freedom! Sure it's annoying how they all talk down to you, but well... Everypony has a friend to talk to. And so do you, Spike. Next time you want to talk just find me." Sweetie said, causing the drake to smile.

"Thanks, Sweetie. I never thought about it that way, but it still ticks me off." Spike said with an annoyed tone of voice.

Sweetie Belle gave him a small kiss on the cheek, causing him to freeze at the pure shock of what she did.

"Sometimes... you just need to not think about it." Sweetie said, before standing up.

"Now, do you want to play with me?"

"Well I am a kid" Spike said with a smile, as him and Sweetie start playing out in the fields.

Author's Note:

I know this wasn't long and well it was just meant to be a small look into Spike's view on the world, I mean we have all been kids and know just parents and adults just think that we don't know what they saying because we're just too young.

But I think this is my first pure Slice of Life story and odd enough it started as a Rarity x Spike story but the more I thought about how Spike a kid and Rarity is more of a 19 0r 20 year old the more I started to think about this, and well here this is. Plus for the weird ending well I'm writing an Spike Bloom story once a get a title and well I like shipping Spike with Sweetie more then the others crusaders.

Anyway I been talking for a bit too long, so I'll see you all in my Spike Bloom story or if you look at my other work I'll see you all there. Plus 60 followers I already said this in my blog which is right here just a thank you present from me to everyone. From the people who like, favorite even the people who dislike and say what is wrong with the story so I can fix it up.

Thank you all and I'll see you all later in the comments.

Comments ( 11 )

:moustache: I DISTROYED Ponyville , I saved the crystal empire- twice, I'm a royal messenger, I don't go to school, I'm an assistant to a princess and a fashion designer.
I do read and collect comic books, and have a plushy

I'm not a dragon I'm a brony!:twilightoops::raritystarry::flutterrage::ajbemused::pinkiegasp::rainbowlaugh:

7043147 Well my mind set when to that Spike and the others don't visit The Crystal Empire much in totally it was three times that how much he has been there, I think the main six been there four. So yeah that was mind set when writing :twilightblush:

7043156 :moustache:Oh ! and I burned up Shinings copy of SuperMare #1:twilightoops:

The grammar in this story is rather rough, not going to lie. It made it pretty hard to enjoy.

I feel like there was a story to be told here, like you had a premise, but its pretty generic and you didn't really give it enough of an edge to set it apart from similar stories.

heres the thing thats kinda always bothered me. twilight caused the egg to hatch. kindergarten is for 5 year olds, so she already got through that. so that would put her around 7/10 years old. then how ever much time passed with celestia, wouldn't that make spike at least a teen? or around 11ish?

Something click with those two.

7044080 Yeah in the show they say that Spike's just a baby dragon even through he does adult things like cook, clean, has a job with Twilight, saved the Crystal Empire. It is strange that Twilight would have got Spike when she was about eight or ten.

Why doesn't this story have a sad tag?

7051710 Because it isn't a Sad story it a Slice of Life story sad is when someone close to him died or if he thinking of doing it himself. This is my thoughts of the inside of Spike's daily life story, :raritywink::derpytongue2:

Spike doesnt have that kind of freedom sweetie belle...

Sadly spike is stuck judged as a kid, while having the responsibility of an adult and gets blamed like an adult if he fails.

Login or register to comment