• Published 27th Feb 2016
  • 3,740 Views, 164 Comments

Ashes to Ashes - Uncle Smiles



I'm not important, just the guy who helps others with monster problems and criminal problems. Usually I wouldn't give a rats ass but hey, it's my home and I'm Shade.

Comments ( 14 )

More chapters please !!!

Update soon please.:fluttercry:

7308113 Well, if you haven't seen how long ago that comment was posted 10 weeks ago. So i had enough time to read some other stores. But that is still funny as hell.

waiting for more

Plz make more

7405424 I can agree to that. Never really knew where I was going with it.

When is the next chapter i really like this

Rip story I enjoyed you. But I probably won't miss you :trollestia:

Over the last few days I've listened to this story and the story "Family of Two" by the same Author. The only thing that I can think of is that the Author wrote these when he/she was fairly young. Both stories suffer from odd choices of character behavior. The Author is prolific and should be proud of the amount of writing that he has done. To learn and improve in anything take time and practice, and this Author has definitely put in the time. I see vast improvements in the later work.

Now what do I mean by odd behavior? In "Family of Two, the character stops in the middle of a lethal fight against an attaching army, drops his weapons, drops to his knees and has a "OMG, I'm killing people!" minute, gets right back up and continues on like nothing happened. (In the middle of a firefight and nowhere near cover.) In this story, a character who finds out the time he spent alone as well as years in a padded cell in a mental hospital, finds out his long-lost mom was responsible and basically doesn't mind.

"I'm your mom."
"No your not, my mom died, and my life was shit, and I was drugged and stuffed in a padded cell for years."
"I am your mom."
"You bastard!"
"Sorry."
"That's ok, want to go get some beers?"

I'm being a bit jokey, but thats not very far off.

I think I've been made slightly biased against this story because of literally reading Midnight Angel by ExoDemonG which is somewhat similar in plot.

To be completely fair, this Authors writing is solid and well done, the pacing is excellent and they have the drive to hammer out chapter after chapter. I believe as the Author ages, his real world experience will improve those few weak points in his writing. "Basically, the situations and outcomes will become more realistic.

All in all well done.

Monk
“Winona let out a bark and immediately ran up to Armor and started licking his muzzle, tail wagging like she was promised cake if she did it enough.” -Snakeskin Ducttape

10875948
Most of my stories are just kind "eh" but the earlier ones such as this one , at least to me, are the most cringe worthy things. But hey, glad you could find some form of enjoyment in it.

10876593
It's like watching a 70's movie with the bell-bottoms and the hair.

Some age well though, Like this one. Your like me, extra critical of your own work

Monk

hay continue it i want to see more chapters:flutterrage::heart:

Login or register to comment