• Published 10th Jun 2012
  • 4,571 Views, 471 Comments

The Dalek Invasion - the ghost



The Daleks have arrived in Ponyville. Can the mane six handle this new threat?

  • ...
11
 471
 4,571

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter31: Joyride

Chapter 31: Joyride

Dalek Lez stood outside of the city of Canter lot with the rest of the Dalek army.

“Alright, cough cough, it’s been about eight minutes since we warned them that we would be attacking, cough cough cough.

Lez had a coughing fit.

“ARE YOU SURE YOU ARE FIT FOR THIS ATTACK LEADER?” Asked a Dalek.

“Are you implying that I’m not fit for this position of leadership? Is that what you trying to say?” Asked Lez.

“NO I AM JUST ASKING IF—”

“EXTERMINATE!” Lez shot the Dalek who had spoken with a death beam causing him to explode.

“Anyone else questioning my authority?” Asked Lez. None responded.
“Good now lets get this invasion underway.”

“THEY HAVE RAISED A BARRIER.” Said one the Daleks. Indeed the city of Canterlot seemed to have a magical purple bubble protecting it.

“Then break through it.” Ordered Lez.

The Daleks began to fire their death rays the magical shield. They made little progress, but it would only a matter of time before the shield went down… And the vulnerable ponies within were exposed.
***

...I man these wretched machines


Day in, day out, the grinding wears on my brain.


Undermining my sanity,

making me question my reality


But life is not as it seems.


Should I take a chance for freedom and throw it all down the drain?


I've been imprisoned!

Please burn my transgressions away...

***

Zek looked at his map of Silent Hill. Ok he was over here on the right side of the map and the Silent Hill Historical Society was on the other side of the lake. It was ten-mile walk. This was discouraging. Zek may have been bandaged from head to hoof, but it still hurt to walk. But with no other option he selected the quickest route and followed it. He walked through the fog for hours hiding every time he saw monsters or heard the static on the radio. Until he finally arrived at a roadblock. He could not continue.

He kicked the roadblock in frustration. This caused a shot of pain to course through his body. He rolled on the pavement in pain.

When he recovered he took a look at his surroundings. There were broken down cars in the road. The roadblock itself towered far above the rest of the buildings in the area. There was no way to climb over it or to go around it. Zek would have to go back the way he came.

Zek cursed his bad luck.

“If only I could drive a car!” He yelled at no one.

Suddenly he heard a sound. The sound of an engine. He turned to see a yellow taxi coming down the fog filled streets. Could Zek really be this lucky? A yellow taxi with tinted windows was driving down the road. It was slightly rusty, but nothing too bad. It stopped in front of Zek.

Zek was no stranger to traps. And this had the makings of a trap. It was so obvious. Perhaps too obvious. If it were a trap it wouldn’t be so blatant. So it must not be a trap. But what if whoever set the trap knew that he would think that and made it obvious on purpose. Or it could just be a regular taxi. Either way Zek could use a ride.

The door to the taxi, swung open inviting Zek to step inside. It was pitch dark inside the taxi, like impossibly dark. Zek couldn’t even see the driver. It was time for Zek to make a decision. He got into the taxi.

“Bring me to the Silent Hill Historical Society.” Said Zek to the driver whoever it was. He couldn’t see him in the darkness of the taxi.

The door shut and Zek and the mysterious driver where off into the fog filled town. Neither Zek nor the taxi driver spoke for a long period of time. Zek’s eyes where beginning to adjust to the dark though. The inside of the taxi was covered in grime and the floor was littered with garbage. There was a dice on the mirror. It was disgusting.

“Sooo, this is a nice taxi you got here.” Said Zek trying to break the awkward silence. The driver said nothing.

You know, the more Zek looked at the driver...

The more it started to look like he had a pyramid for a head.
Zek’s eyes widened in fear. He tried to open the door, but it was no good, it was locked from the inside. He pulled out his plank and tried breaking the window trying desperately to get out of the car driven by the pyramid headed pony. He struggled to break the window for several minutes before he realized it was futile. He went back to silently siting in his seat hoping the monster would forget about him.

Now that he was this close to the monster he could see all the details on him. He was huge! At least as big as Big Mac if not bigger. He wore a maroon metal pyramid helmet that was sharp at the corners and was bolted to the back of his head. It looked painful to wear. He wore cloths too, a dirty butcher smock with what looked like dry bloodstains on it. It gave Zek a feeling of dread just looking at it.

There was one other thing that bothered him about this “pony” Zek tried to ignore it for the first five minutes, but it was just becoming painful to watch. Zek couldn’t ignore it anymore.
“The traffic light does not work! Just drive through! You do not have to wait if there is no one else on the road!” Yelled Zek at pyramid head. The pyramid headed pony turned and shot Zek a dirty look.

“Sorry I’ll shut up now.” Said Zek sinking back into the seat.

The pyramid head waited another minute at the traffic light, seeing if it was indeed broken, before it looked both ways and cautiously drove to the other side of the intersection. The pyramid head followed all the rules of the road. He stayed in the right lane (this ruled out Silent Hill being in England.) stopped at every stop sign, played what is love? quietly on the radio, and drove at the posted speed limit. This was starting to drive Zek mad. The pyramid pony even used his turn signals and they were in the only car on the road! Zek’s anger was boiling; so much so that his need to be a backseat driver started to overcame his fear of the pyramid head.

The pyramid head stopped to let a family of bunnies walk across the road.
“That tears it! Why are you following all the rules of the road?” Said Zek. “Why do you even have to follow all the rules? There are no cops around! Why would you use your turn signal when there is nobody on the road? Just run over the bloody bunnies!

The pyramid head pegasus gave Zek a dirty look.

“Keep your eyes on the road! How can you even see the road with that helmet?” Said Zek.

The pyramid head took his advice and went back to watching the road.

“Look couldn’t you just go a just little bit over the speed limit? I mean it’s not like your going to get pulled over.”
The pyramid head looked both ways checking for police and gently put his foot on the accelerator. The speedometer crept one mile per hour over the speed limit. Suddenly the siren started to sound. This caused the pyramid pegasus to jump.

“Relax,” said Zek “It’s just the air raid siren again.” Indeed it was. The fog filled town was slowly becoming dirtier, with trash littered though out the town. The sky took on a red tinge. And everything got darker.

Then five pony figures appeared in the fog. All five of them had head shaped like pyramids. Although they looked a lot like the pyramid head driving the taxi, they were all slightly different. One of the pyramid heads looked exactly the pyramid head in the car, but wore a cleaner smock. One had a head shaped like a slice from a cheese wheel and was playing hopscotch with blood instead of chalk. One of them didn’t have a pyramid head at all but instead had a wedge. The next one had an almost aerodynamic shaped head with a very sharp end and was a Pegasus. The last one had a Rambus for a head and was reading a burnt book. All five of them were significantly smaller than the pyramid head driving he taxi. They stopped what they were doing and stared at the taxi.

The pyramid head with the head shaped like a slice from a cheese wheel waved a hoof at the pyramid head driving the car. The rest of the pyramid heads did a pyramid hoof. If they could speak they probably would have said ‘what are you doing Cheesehead Pie! We are trying to be scary not friendly!’

The pyramid head in the car waved back at him as we passed.

“Friends of yours?” Asked Zek.

As always the pyramid remained silent.

“Fine do not answer.” Said Zek

The two passed the pyramid ponies and continued their ride. Suddenly there was a familiar shape in the fog in he middle of the road.

“Look it’s Dalek Lez! He’s alive! Let’s pick him up!”
The pyramid head hit the accelerator.

“Wait what are you doing?” Said Zek

The pyramid head didn’t answer, but instead reached into the back seat and pulled out his great ax.

“Don’t do it.” Begged Zek.
The pyramid head didn’t listen. He stuck his ax out the window and pushed the speedometer to 90 miles an hour as he drove towards Lez. The great ax connected with the Dalek and sliced him clean in half.

Zek was silent for a second.

“I guess you don’t like Lez huh?”

The pyramid head shrugged and went back to driving normally like nothing had happened. The garbage around the town disappeared too.

“You know, you’re one scary pony right?” Said Zek.

The pyramid head nodded in agreement.

The taxi arrived at an amusement park. The road was blocked beyond this point. Zek would have to walk through the amusement park to get to the historical society.

“Thanks for the lift. Could you open the door now?”

The pyramid head broke the front windshield with his hoof, picked up Zek and threw him out of the car.
Zek rolled to a stop just outside the gate to the amusement park “What is that guy’s problem?” Said Zek. He brushed himself off. Oh shoot he forgot to grab his plank and his slingshot!

Suddenly Zek was hit in the back of his head by something. It was his trusty plank and slingshot! The pyramid head had thrown them at him. Pyramid head waved at him and then drove off into the fog.

Zek was not sure what to make the pyramid head pegasus. One minute he was helping the next he was killing Lez. Oh well he would figure it out latter. For now he has to get through this amusement park. He heard monsters the sounds of monsters groaning and the sound of a girl laughing. And the sun was setting. This was going to be a long night.

***

Queen Harmony Silent Hill Notebook:
Entry: 13
Six pyramid heads that hardly seems fair. Well at least these ones seem to be nicer then the two James faced. I can't get over how friendly they are to Zek. Even more confusing is that dispute their kindness Zek still is afraid of them. Ah that makes sense now... I think I know what they represent now.

PreviousChapters Next