• Published 10th Jun 2012
  • 4,571 Views, 471 Comments

The Dalek Invasion - the ghost



The Daleks have arrived in Ponyville. Can the mane six handle this new threat?

  • ...
11
 471
 4,571

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 22: Lez's Game

Chapter 22: Lez’s game.

The Mane Six and Mr. Time Turner Whooves continued walking though the Everfree Forest. But for some reason they didn’t seem to be going anywhere.

“I swear we’ve passed this tree about fifty times.” Said Time Turner.

“What’s wrong with that tree? It’s a good looking tree.” Said Pinkie Pie

“Yeah it would be if you don’t pay attention to the DEAD daleks hanging from it!”

“Psst, details details.” Said Pinkie Pie. “You have to take in the big picture.”

“I am looking at the big picture.” Said Time Turner. “The big picture is that it’s a tree with dead daleks hanging from it!”

“Could you two stop arguing?” Said Twilight. “The way you two bicker you would think you were sworn enemies.”

“Hmm.” Said Time Turner.

“They do bring up a point Twi.” Said Applejack. “We do seem to be going in circles and it’s starting to get dark.”

“I know. I know.” Said Twilight. “Alright, I’m going to try to teleport us somewhere. But it’s going to be risky. I don’t know where we’ll end up.”

“Just do it twilight I’m soooo bored of flying in circles!” Said Rainbow Dash.

“Alright here I go.” Twilight charged up her horn with a tremendous purple glow. The ponies felt a weird feeling in their stomachs and then they where gone.

***

Dalek Lez floated in seemingly nowhere. It was completely dark. Everything here, wherever here is, was either black or white. He could see a bunch of different faces staring at him. Some wore masks. Some were humanoid, others where equine still others are other races Lez had never seen before. He recognized the zebra that he had killed earlier.

“WHO ARE YOU! WHAT DO YOU WANT WITH ME?” Asked Dalek Lez. “WHERE AM I?”

“We are the collective.” Answered a pony with square glasses. Half his face was covered in shadows. For a cutie mark there was an image of an eye, overlapping another eye. Lez got the feeling his cutie mark was watching him.

“I myself am the OBSERVER. We serve our Keeper.” The Observer sent Lez a picture of his Keeper telepathically. A tall faceless… thing in a black tie and white dress shirt.
“You are here to be hallowed and re-educated. Soon you will be part of the collective too…” said the Observer.

Lez felt pain…
***

Zek’s army had at last arrived the walls of Canterlot. They may have lost five thousand troops from… unforeseen circumstances, but that was fine five thousand troops was enough to take the rest of Equestria. Zek had retreated from he rest of the dalek invasion force to be alone to plan out the invasion. It was going to be difficult without Lez. After all Lez normally led the troops up front. Zek was alone.

He wondered if his pony friends had found the Doctor yet. Would the Doctor take part in this battle? Or would he respect the fact he couldn’t win this one and take his friends and run far away? He hoped so. He was worried about them. No he must not worry about inferior life forms they where not important. The daleks were what mattered. At least that’s what he tried to tell himself. But deep down…

Suddenly there was a flash of purple light. And suddenly Twilight Sparkle and the rest of the Mane Six and the Doctor was standing next to him.
The two groups stared at each other for a few seconds.

“So Doctor you have come to fight me? Well know that I am prepared for you. said Zek. “I—“

“Oh Zek it turns out this guy is not the Doctor or at least not the Doctor we were looking for.” said Twilight. Ok thought Zek if he’s not the Doctor. Where is he?

“Oh so… you can’t get off the planet then?” Said Zek.

“Nope.” Said Applejack.

“Well then… what happened to Rarity?” Said Zek looking at the unconscious unicorn on Twilights back.

“You enslaved her remember? She’s wearing a mind control helmet.”

“Oh yeah.” Zek felt shameful. Wait, why should he feel guilty? He was a dalek. Enslaving races is what he does. Still he felt guilty.

“Let me help remove the helmet.” Zek went to move towards the sleeping Rarity. Rainbow Dash and Applejack blocked his path.

“I reckon you’ve “helped” enough partner.” Said Applejack. It pained Zek not to have his friends trust him.

“Let him try.” said Fluttershy.
Fluttershy after all that I’ve put you through you still trust me? If Zek could tear up he would have.
Applejack and Rainbow reluctantly stepped aside. Zek moved over and disabled the helmet. Rarity started to wake up.

“Uhhh! I had the worst dream. Said Rarity. “Zek betrayed us and killed Twilight and then I was attacking you guys.”

“Gee what a strange dream” Said Pinkie Pie trying not to giggle.

“The worst part was that Twilight called me fat. It was just awful.”

“Y-yeah what a strange dream.” said Twilight. Everypony started laughing (except for Zek, because he was unable to) It was just like old times.

“Zek darling what happened to your bowtie!” Said Rarity shocked.

“It is not proper for daleks to wear bowties.” Said Zek.

“But you looked simply dazzling with it darling.” Said Rarity.

“Yeah but…” Zek shouldn’t be having these conversations. He was supposed to be enemies with these ponies.

“You guys should really start to get out of—“

Suddenly there was another flash of light as Dalek Lez temporal shifted onto the scene. “You know they’re supposed to be you enemies, right? Now you’re chatting it up like your friends? Cough. How shameful.” Said Lez.
Zek was shocked. He thought Lez was dead. Lez had changed in appearance. Instead of the charcoal black paint he normally had, he was an ash white as if he had been put through a fire, though some parts of him where still black.

“They are not my friends.” Denied Zek.

“Oh really? Well you could have fooled me. cough cough” said Lez. Something was wrong. Daleks never get sick or coughed. Also Zek had never heard Lez talk like this before.

“You know, I always knew you would betray us. I told the Sec when I left the Cult of Skaro to spy on you. ‘He’s definitely going to betray us’ I told them. ‘ He’s DIVERGENT’”

“NO IT’S NOT TRUE!” yelled Zek.

“Alright then let’s play a game then. Cough. With your friends.” He pointed his death ray at the ponies. “In all the years I’ve known you Zek I’ve never seen you exterminate anything. Now, at last you have too. Choose one pony and exterminate it. If you do not, I will exterminate all of them. So tell me Zek which one of your pets will you kill? You have one minute to decide.”

PreviousChapters Next