• Published 27th Dec 2015
  • 1,581 Views, 36 Comments

The Twin Apples. - Sylif Daring Doo



The Apple family has a secret, one they never speak of to outsiders, even Apple Bloom does not know it, one fateful day however, this secret is revealed.

  • ...
6
 36
 1,581

Epilogue: Sarah's choice.

______*Canterlot Castle, the next day, 6:00 AM*______

Celestia was currently inside one of many offices of the castle, she was going over reports and requests from the military and the people, it was boring work, but it beat listening to the nobles in court and it was quiet work.

Even though it was a normal day for Celestia, she was thankful that she had a pot of hot tea sitting on the small counter behind her, as it was chilly today.

However, her normally quiet morning was interrupted as the door to the office opened and Quick Note, one of Celestia's personal spies walked inside, he seemed unsettled. "Quick Note, you seem troubled." She observed as she paused her work.

Quick Note nodded and approached the desk. "Celestia......I have bad news." He said quietly.

Celestia looked to the other members of staff inside the room, there was only three. "Why don't you three take a break?" She said.

With that, the office workers left the office and after Celestia put up a sound ward on the room, she spoke. "What's happened?" She asked.

"It's the Orginization Princess." Quick Note replied. "The headquarters have been destroyed." He added somberly.

Celestia's expression remained neutral, but she spoke with a concerned tone. "How did this happen?" She asked.

Quick Note shook his head. "I'm afraid I don't know, there were no survivors." He said.

Celestia stood up and conjured a magical window to Canterlot, she looked down at the city with a worried expression. "This isn't good, the Orginization has disgusting methods, but they get results when more peaceful means fail, if they lost their headquarters it's only a matter of time until they are gone." She said, she then looked at Quick Note. "Any news from Manehatten?" She asked.

Quick Note sighed. "Gone, explosives destroyed the base and all soldiers are dead." He replied.

"The Artic?" Celestia asked.

"There is no reason to believe they were behind this, but we cannot rule them out as a suspect." Quick replied.

Celestia sighed and looked at her spy. "Go and learn the status of the remaining locations, and if the captains of those bases are alive, have them report to the Castle." She ordered.

Quick Note nodded and walked out of the room.

Celestia dismissed the window and returned to her thoughts. 'Perhaps I should speak with the Artic? we cannot continue this pointless war anymore.' She sighed and removed the ward from the door, she sat down and returned to her work.

Celestia took a quick second to write a letter and then sent it with her magic. 'Explosives......just like last time.' She thought to herself as she worked. 'Could the same person have destroyed the headquarters?' She considered.

_____*Ponyville, 11:40 AM*______

Sarah sighed as she quickly walked through town on what appeared to be a warpath, she was heading for a very specific building right now and she didn't want any distractions. "Are you sure about this Sarah? absolutely sure?" Insanity asked as he walked beside her.

'Yes, I'm sure about this.' She replied.

Insanity rolled his eyes as he appeared in front of Sarah and walked backwards staring at her. "Ah young love." He teased.

Sarah said nothing as she reached the building she was looking for, she knocked on the door and waited for a response.

A few moments later, the door opened to reveal Wave, her head slightly bandaged. "Hey Sarah." She greeted.

"Hey Wave." Sarah said casually.

Wave stepped to the side and allowed Sarah to enter. "Thanks for checking on me." She said, her tone was a grateful one.

Sarah looked at Wave after she closed the door. "No problem.......actually Wave, I came here to ask you something." She replied, her tone changing to a more serious one.

Wave walked to the couch and sat down. "What is it?" She asked curiously.

______*Ten minutes later.*______

Wave leaned back in silence, she had heard Sarah's explanation about why she wanted to leave, but she was still puzzled.

"So, your really leaving?" Wave asked quietly, she was staring at the ceiling for no real reason.

Sarah nodded. "I.....think it's best, I can't go back home with the Orginization out there, at least this way my family is safe." She replied.

Wave looked directly at Sarah. "And you want me to go with you?" She asked, when Sarah nodded again, she sighed. "Why? we've known each other for a while now, but why would you want me to go with?" She asked.

Sarah let out a sad sigh and stood up, she walked behind the chair and spoke. "Because it would be nice to have someone to travel with, I know more than anyone that being alone isn't fun." She replied.

Wave studied Sarah's face for any sign that she wasn't lying, but she couldn't find any even after staring for a few minutes. "Listen, I didn't like staying in Ponyville, and i was going to leave anyway." She sighed. "But if you really want to make it work with us like you said, I need you to be honest with me." She said.

Sarah nodded. "I......I know." She replied quietly,

Wave stood and looked Sarah straight in the eye. "How long do you plan on hiding the truth from your family?" She asked.

Sarah blinked in confusion. "I'm confused......the truth?" She asked.

Wave sighed and facepalmed, she then looked up at Sarah again. "About being Insanity's host?" She asked.

Sarah's eyes widened as she froze in shock. 'How does she know?' She asked herself.

Insanity appeared and shrugged. "How the hell should I know?" He asked.

Wave looked at where Insanity stood. "Perhaps if you asked me, I would tell you both." She replied.

Sarah looked at Wave in shock, somehow the unicorn could see Insanity. "How......how can you see him?" She asked.

Wave looked at Sarah. "Magical bloodline." She answered calmly.

Insanity groaned and walked to the wall and tried to bash his head on it, but since he was a ghost, it did nothing. "What's wrong with you?" Sarah asked.

Even though Insanity said nothing, Wave thankfully answered. "Short version, magical bloodlines can see the ghosts of their ancestors if the departed has a strong enough will and hasn't passed on." She replied.

Sarah looked at Insanity. "Wait, your Wave's ancestor?" She asked curiously.

Insanity gave Sarah a death glare. "A one night stand gone wrong, how was I supposed to know that the girl got pregnant?" He replied angrily.

Wave blinked and then looked at Sarah again. "Let's get back on track, how long do you plan on hiding this from your family?" She asked.

Sarah sighed as Insanity returned to her mind. "I.....i was going to tell her, hopefully after the Orginization gave up on me." She replied, she sounded ashamed.

Wave walked up to Sarah and hugged her. "You need to tell her now, being a host for an element of Chaos isn't easy, and you might not have another chance." She said quietly.

Sarah quietly returned the hug and smiled. "Thanks." She then seperated herself. "But how do you know how hard it is to be a host?" She asked.

Wave tapped her markings. "Whenever an Element of Chaos leaves their host, they leave behind a mark, this one is the mark of Deception, she wasn't with me long, about a month, but she sensed that her true host was near, and she left." She replied.

Insanity quickly returned and spoke. "Deception was with you? did she mention anything about the rest of us?" He asked.

Wave shook her head. "She just said she had something to do, otherwise we didn't talk much." She said. "Now get going, I need to get my stuff, I'll be waiting at the train station." She said as she walked to the hallway.

Sarah walked out of the house and headed back to the farm. "So now that we have our traveling companion, what now?" Insanity asked.

"We need to talk to Applejack, she needs to know about this." Sarah replied.

Insanity sighed and floated lazily in front of Sarah. "I know I'm the Element of Insanity, but this sounds like a stupid idea, in case you forgot, your sister tried to kill me." He stated.

"After you attacked her." Sarah countered.

Insanity rolled his eyes. "Good point, but it was still rude." He said.

Sarah unfurled her wings and flew up, she then started flying to the farm. "What was the reason?" She asked.

Insanity floated nearby Sarah as she flew. "Hmm?" He asked.

"For coming back? you said you would tell me." Sarah reminded.

Insanity chuckled and let himself smile. "To be perfectly honest Sarah.......I wanted to find a replacement." He stated.

Sarah paused and looked at Insanity. "A replacement? why?" She asked.

Insanity tapped his head. "One thousand years, endlessly searching for the perfect host so I can return to the world." He sighed. "It damages the mind in ways that can't be healed, I just want it to end at this point." He looked at the sky.

Sarah continued flying to the farm. "Why are you in this predicament anyway?" She asked.

"Not by choice." Insanity replied, clearly happy for a change of topic. "A thousand years ago, I was actually a shaman, my village looked to me for guidance, my visions and prophecies were sought after by the Royal sisters before Discord's fall, I told them of a mysterious power that could defeat Discord and free the land from his grip, this didn't sit well with Discord, who personally saw to it that I was driven mad by my visions and made me into the Element of Insanity." He explained.

Sarah looked at Insanity. "So, Discord gave you incredible power at the cost of your mind?" She asked curiously.

"Free will actually." Insanity corrected. "Before the Sisters took him down, Discord forced myself and the rest of the Elements of Chaos to assault the Equestrians." He explained. "We were mostly successful in this, but we were eventually banished and forced into our current predicament." He continued.

Sarah soon landed in the orchard and walked to where the farmhouse was. "How do you know that Applejack is here?" Insanity asked.

Sarah smiled. "We had a secret place, where we would go if something was bothering us, I caught her going there last month." She said.

"And you believe she'll go there?" Insanity asked.

Sarah nodded. "Yea, she will, I know It." She said as she walked.

_____*a few minutes later*_____

Sarah walked into the small grove of trees and spotted Applejack sitting on a log staring into the pond. "Applejack, I knew I would find you here." She said.

Applejack turned around and saw Sarah walking up. "I thought you left already." She said, confusion was plain in her tone.

Sarah noticed the red circles under Applejack's bloodshot eyes. "You didn't sleep, and you've been crying......what's going on with you?" She asked.

Applejack wiped her eyes and looked down at the pond. "Isn't it obvious? my sister is leaving again." She said sadly, fighting back tears. "Just when things were looking up, you decide it's time to leave, then we were abducted, only to escape a close death at the hooves of people who couldn't care less." She choked out as she sobbed.

Sarah sat next to Applejack and put her arm around her sister. "Your talking like I'm never coming back." She said quietly. "I'll visit when I can, and one day, when I am ready to settle down I'll come home." She promised.

Applejack leaned into Sarah's chest and cried, it was unusual to her friends to see her cry, but to Sarah it was a common sight. "Applejack, before I leave I need to tell you something." Sarah said calmly.

Applejack managed to stop crying after a few minutes, once she was calmed down enough, Sarah spoke. "I've been hiding something from everyone, and it's time that someone knows." Sarah looked at Applejack and took a breath. "I'm the host for the Element of Insanity." She stated, her tone completely serious.

Applejack's eyes widened as she heard this, she backed away slightly. "Sarah.......I, how is this possible? Insanity died." She said in shock.

Sarah shook her head. "No he didn't, you can't kill an Element of Chaos Applejack, just like the Elements of Harmony can't be destroyed." She stated.

Sarah stood up and walked to the other side of the pond, she chuckled a little bit. "You know, it's ironic, your the Element of Honesty, and I'm the host for the Element of Insanity, two sisters on opposite sides." She shook her head as she looked at Applejack with a small smile. "But that doesn't mean we need to hate each other, I would like to part on good terms with you, after all we are sisters, we might argue but we shouldn't hate one another right?" She asked.

Applejack took a breath and walked over to Sarah, she pulled her into a hug and spoke quietly. "Please, just be safe, we'll miss having you around here sis." She said sadly.

Sarah returned the hug gently. "And I'll miss you guys, maybe next time we meet I won't have psychopaths after me." She laughed a little bit at that. "But seriously, don't overwork yourself, you need time to heal and I'm sure that Ponyville can survive with our family taking some time off to recover." She replied.

With that, Sarah walked to the edge of the little grove and stopped at the exit. "Applejack." She said, her voice now dead serious.

Applejack looked at her sister with curiosity. "Yea?" She asked.

Sarah looked back at Applejack. "While I was living here, I felt my old urges returning all the time." She smiled a little as she looked forward. "Help Apple Bloom out, she needs to know that she won't do the things I've done." She said before walking away.

______*The train, an hour later.*______

Sarah and Wave were sitting in the back of the train, it was quiet as not many people were on the train this time. "Where are we going again?" Sarah asked.

"Las Pegasus." Wave answered. "It's a good place to go when you want to avoid attention." She answered.

"True, unless someone knows your there." A nearby voice said.

Sarah and Wave looked and saw a Griffon with black feathers and a brown beak walked up to them, his eyes were the classical yellow of his race, he wore a strange dark gray vest that kept his wings free. "Hey, guess your on this ghost train as well." Sarah greeted.

The griffon nodded and sat down across from them. "Actually, this car was paid for by my boss." He stated, he noted Sarah's skeptical glare, he raised a claw calmly. "Don't worry, I won't try to kick you out, actually I was sent here to give the both of you an invitation."" He said.

Sarah looked at Wave who was just as confused, she looked at the griffon. "Who is your boss?" She asked.

The griffon handed the two of them a letter from inside his vest. "I work for Omu Sarto, he is a powerful man who would like an audience with you." He stated.

Sarah opened the letter and read it aloud for Wave to hear. "Greetings Sarah, if you are reading this it means Jarvin was successful in his assignment, I know about the damage you caused to the Orginization and would like to speak with you about our mutual enemies." She looked at the griffon. "What if we choose not to speak with him?" Sarah asked.

Jarvin cleared his throat. "Continue reading if you please." He replied.

Sarah sighed and continued reading. "I strongly recommend that you come and speak with me, I am certain that Insantiy will jump at the chance to speak with his brother, Jarvin can take you to me." She read, her eyes wide in shock.

'How the how does this Omu know about me? and which brother is he talking about?' Insanity wondered.

Wave looked at Sarah. "Sarah?" She asked out of concern.

Sarah chuckled and looked at Jarvin. "Well Jarvin, I accept the invitation." She said.

Jarvin nodded. "Good, when we arrive I shall take you to speak with my boss." He said before standing up and walking out of the car.

After he was gone, Wave spoke up. "This is a trap Sarah." She said.

Sarah looked at Wave. "It's obvious that this Omu knows about Insanity, and he knew we would be on this train, if he wanted to capture us he could have done it when we boarded or when we find a room to stay in." She replied.

Insanity appeared in the seat that Jarvin had been in. "And he said my brother, he didn't say which one but we can't ignore this." He stated.

Sarah sighed. "Wave, I know this is a lot to ask, but we owe Insanity, if it weren't for his power we could have died back at the Complex." She said.

Wave looked out the window for a minute before looking at Sarah. "Alright, I'll go with, but at least promise me you'll be careful." She asked.

Sarah nodded and slung her right arm over Wave's shoulder. "What fun would that be?.....but for you I'll try." She said as Insanity vanished.

Wave rested her head on Sarah and smiled. "My hero." She said sarcastically.

Sarah rested her head on Wave's and glanced outside. 'One adventure ends, another begins right away, at least now I'm not alone in this.' She smiled as the two remained how they were, content to remain with each other for as long as possible.

Author's Note:

That's all folks!

Porky pig references aside, I think this turned out very well, I couldn't decide how to do this at first, but I felt that this was the best way after a lot of internal debate.

So that's the end of the Twin Apples, I know it didn't focus on Applejack.....at all, but that's on me and I can't find it in my heart to change it, but I hope you guys enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it, thanks for reading.

Comments ( 3 )

This was kinda a bittersweet ending. Hopefully Sarah can team up with the other Elements that she belongs to and they can do some good. Also I get the feeling that Applejack is going to be rightfully pissed when she finds out Celestia approved the group behind her family's issues.

9127235

In impish voice* You mean IF she finds out!

Sorry, I had to do it.

9127963

Just to finish the joke.

Login or register to comment