• Published 27th Dec 2015
  • 1,581 Views, 36 Comments

The Twin Apples. - Sylif Daring Doo



The Apple family has a secret, one they never speak of to outsiders, even Apple Bloom does not know it, one fateful day however, this secret is revealed.

  • ...
6
 36
 1,581

Timing is key.

_____*Ponyville, 5:10 AM, three days later*_____

Sarah sighed in contentment as a cool breeze blew past her face, she was sitting on the barn's roof as the calm morning light illuminated the farm, she smiled as she flew up to a nearby cloud and laid down on it, she closed her eyes as she felt the soft cloud on her fur, she felt another breeze run through her hair, she breathed softly as she dozed off.

Sarah then was awoken an hour later by the dreaded beast of the farm, it's infernal cries echoed throughout the orchards, and she suddenly felt the urge to reignite her killing instincts, if only to choke the life out of that infernal rooster.

Sarah opened her eyes to an unfamiliar sight, there was a small yellow envelope in front of her, with no message, no writing, or even a postal stamp, she silently opened it and pulled out a small white paper with writing on it.

"Your target will be in Ponyville at four thirty and will meet his contact at the local deli, if he is dead before twelve o'clock midnight, your contract will be completed, and you shall never hear from us again, if you fail, you die, the choice is simple.....do not fail."

Sarah sighed to herself as she crumpled up the paper. "I guess it's finally time." Fear said in her mind.

"You ready for this Sarah?" Anger asked.

"I don't WANT to kill again, but I don't have a choice here, let's just get this over with." Sarah replied mentally before flying to the house.

______*Ponyville, 3:40 PM*______

Sarah sighed to herself as she took her position, beginning her wait for her target to show up, she knew who it was, what he looked like, she knew his plans, and his security, she even knew his food preferences.

She was in the sky on a cloud, the weather team was finished for the day so there wouldn't be any unexpected guests.

Sarah's target was a unicorn stallion named Geram, he was the leader of an underground organization that sought to overthrow the current government, at least, that's what 'they' told Sarah, she was not concerned about this, if she could have a second chance to be free......she was going to take it.

Sarah eventually saw her target approach the deli, she watched silently as he sat down, with his two bodyguards nearby, she then watched as a brown furred stallion with gray hair sat across from him, and passed a document over.

Sarah was not concerned about the documents, her focus was Geram, not some secret meeting.

Sarah then watched, she waited as the two ate, and then parted ways.

With her target in motion, Sarah flew to another nearby cloud, and began to observe as he moved through town.

Sarah sighed to herself. "This is going to be a long night." She said to herself. 'At least I told Applejack I was taking the day off.'

______*later that day, 9:00 PM*______

Geram had moved himself to a small compound just outside Ponyville, it was commonly used by visiting nobles and merchants so no one would suspect anything wrong.

Sarah looked through the window with her binoculars, she was perched on a cloud looking in on Geram as he read the documents from before, she then looked to the nearby windows, she saw bodyguards in what appeared to be the break room, she looked to another, she saw more guards standing over two shady looking stallions as they talked.

All of the guards wore simple suits and we're all tough looking. "Not so tough when they're dead." Sarah muttered.

Sarah looked through one more window, and she saw a blue furred mare asleep on the bed, she whistled and stared for a few moments before shaking her head clear of those thoughts, she then slapped herself. 'Bad Sarah.' She mentally berated herself. "Nice ass though." She muttered a few moments later.

"Meh, I've seen better." Pleasure teased.

Sarah blinked. 'Not now guys, I need to focus.' She reminded before looking to Geram's room.

'Alright, short of slaughtering everyone and possibly dying, how do I do this?' She pondered.

Sarah then looked around some more, and she noticed a broken piece of wall in the compound, she raised an eyebrow. "Possible escape." She noted.

Sarah looked and saw something that could possibly help her, it was a wooden board with multiple keys. "Hmm......I could use that." She muttered as she stood up and silently flew to the hole in the wall.

Sarah landed and looked around, she saw no guards, and there was no one on the other side. 'If they don't see me, this whole place will be easy to escape from.' She thought as she entered what seemed to be an old storage room.

The storage room was old and dusty, as well as covered in webs, Sarah quietly moved to the nearby door, being careful to not knock over any of the old boxes or vases.

Sarah opened the door, it let out a loud creak as the old hinges moved, seemingly the first time in millennia, she peaked out into the hall to search for guards......none were in sight, which was fortunate.

She carefully walked out of the room and into the hallway, like the storage room, it was old, but there were no webs, and only minimal scarring on the walls from age.

Sarah soon found a crossroads that led to three different hallways, she recognized them from her earlier recon, she knew that one led to a dead end where the kitchens and dining area was, another led to Geram and his secure section of the compound, the last one led to what seemed to be the makeshift garrison, where the bulk of the guards were.....along with the attractive mare.

Sarah once again shook her head. 'Pleasure, fuck off with the hormones, I need to focus.' She ordered.

She started walking to the guards garrison, she needed to cut off the reinforcements before she went after Geram.

As she went to carefully open the door to the garrison, she heard talking on the other side, she stopped and hid.

Sarah waited until the guards passed by to open the door, she peaked past the door and saw two guards walking away, she walked through the door and quietly closed the door.

Sarah was now in a room with a few tables, some couches and a few stone busts, she saw two doors, one was directly in the room, the other was down a short hallway, where the two guards were.

She quickly hid in one of the corners as the two guards started to walk by. "I still don't get why we need this large compound, the boss is just one guy!" The guard on the left said.

"It isn't our job to understand, we are getting paid to keep him safe, and this building secure." The other guard replied.

"Who's going to come here?" The first guard asked. "Everypony thinks we're just staying here until our business is done." He added.

Sarah quietly moved up behind them as they talked, she waited until the one kept talking. "I don't think the boss cares what you think man, we have our orders, and we should follow them." He said as he reached for the doorknob.

Sarah then made her move, she reached out and placed one hoof on the first guards head, and the other by his neck, she quickly snapped his neck and rushed the other guard as he tried to attack.

She quickly dodged the lunge and threw a swift punch to his neck, once he was on the ground, she snapped his neck.

Sarah grit her teeth but she continued on, she quickly hid the bodies and opened the door the guards went to open, she peaked to see what was there, inside was a practical squadron of guards sitting around drinking, there were quite a few barrels of wine and beer, she carefully closed the door and walked to the other door.

Sarah had a plan, and she knew what to do, but first, she needed a match.

She entered the other room after making sure it was clear, it was the bar area, she saw everything she needed in the room, but first she needed to clear out the three guards.

One was in the bar area, the second was apparently passed out at a table, the last was walking around restlessly, there were multiple tables and bar chairs around the room, and there were portraits along the walls.

Sarah quietly made her way towards the bar, thankfully, the dim lighting in the room helped her hide, she kept out of sight from the wandering guard, and she hid by the bar.

Sarah breathed quietly and grabbed a small wood chip on the floor next to her, she then chucked it at a wall away from the bar.

The two sober guards heard it and the wandering one walked over to investigate, that's when Sarah struck, she swiftly moved to the guard being the counter and snapped his neck, she then hid once again.

The wandering guard scoffed as he found the source of the sound, he looked back at the bar and raised an eyebrow. "Kor?" He asked curiously.

Sarah watched as the guard walked to the bar and looked on the other side, he gasped in shock and ran to the other side and knelt down to see if his associate was still alive.

Sarah quickly rushed in and snapped his neck, she sighed to herself. 'So much death.....Anger, is Joy watching this?' She asked.

"No, she hid away, she wants no part in this." Anger replied.

"A shame, it's so delightful to watch." Sadism added.

Sarah then looked at the last guard, she quickly moved over to him and saw a large knife, she mentally sighed and killed him with his own weapon, she held on to it and continued with her plan.

Sarah grabbed a bottle of alcohol and ripped off some of the fabric from the guards suits, she also took a few matches, she soaked the cloth in alcohol and grabbed a match, she left the bar and headed for the main garrison, she lit the match as she neared the door, she lit the cloth on fire and threw the door open.

As all of the guards looked in her direction, their faces of anger turned to ones of fear as they watched Sarah throw her makeshift firebomb.

Sarah quickly shut the door and locked it before running away, attempting to block out the screams as the guards burned.

_____*back at the small crossroads.*______

Sarah walked to the part of the compound that Geram was holed up, she heard shouting coming from that direction. "We have an intruder! find them and kill them!" Geram was heard ordering.

Sarah opened the door and saw multiple guards running around and securing the rooms, luckily, she was able to avoid detection. "Wait! No don't kill the lights!" A guard said in panic.

She carefully moved through the room as the guards searched the area blindly, trying to find the intruder.

The room she was in was the main entrance to the compound, there were small stairscases leading up and down, as well as several tables and couches, as well as some closets, the room was dark, likely because the candles and lamps in the room were shot in a blind panic.

Sarah saw one guard seperate from the others, she looked around to see if anyone was nearby to ambush, but so far, she saw nothing.

Seeing her opportunity, Sarah quickly ran up and stabbed the guard in the head, before retreating to the shadows.

"Do you see that!?" One guard asked in a panic.

"See what?" Another asked.

"There! In the shadows! I saw something!" The panicked guard shouted.

"Hul, Loa! check it out! find Arx and get him back here!" A guard ordered, apparently the captain.

Sarah grinned as the two guards stepped away from the brightened area, she knew that it was meant as a trick to draw her out, as the two unicorns had their horned lit brightly, she decided to avoid them and went for another isolated guard.

She snapped his neck and retreated once more into the darkness, thankful that she was able to see well in the darkness.

Once again, more guards came down to assist in the search, but this was the opportunity Sarah needed, she moved quietly and quickly towards the first set of two before leaping and cutting one of their heads off as they looked away.

The other one reacted and fired a magical blast at Sarah, she managed to dodge it and she lodged her new knife into her opponents skull, she then found what appeared to be a smoke bomb on his suit. "Kill that intruder now!" The captain shouted.

Sarah quickly fled as the other guards moved in, she threw the smoke bomb at them and hid, as they coughed she threw her knife at the one furthest from her, and snapped the neck of the other.

Now there were only five guards left, and they were all in the light, Sarah retrieved her knife and examined the guards, the captain and two other guards were unicorns, one was Pegasi, the last was an earth pony, she noticed that the Pegasus was obviously shaken by the sudden deaths of his companions, the earth pony was showing signs of fear, and the unicorns stood undisturbed.

Sarah retrieved another smoke bomb from one of the fallen guards, she decided that the time was now, she flew at great speed towards the Pegasus, all the while throwing the smoke bomb at the unicorns.

As the bomb exploded and caused the unicorns to cough violently, Sarah killed the Pegasus and earth pony with ease, she was able to kill two of the unicorns before the captain teleported away and lit up the room.

Sarah was now revealed, she stood defiant as the captain looked at her with intensity, his anger was obvious, but beneath that, a stillness, as though he cared not that his entire squad of guards had just died. "Assassin, you meddle in something far greater than yourself!" He shouted.

Sarah said nothing as she walked towards him.

The captain's horn lit up and he summoned several orbs of magic. "If you think I'll go down easily, your wrong!" He declared.

Sarah chuckled as she pulled out a match. "What's so funny assassin?" The captain asked, as though insulted.

Sarah flicked the match at the captain and he screamed in rage, he threw the orbs out and Sarah dodged.

The captain then grabbed several tables and couches and threw them at Sarah, intent on crushing her.

Sarah simply dodged calmly, the captains rage making him unable to focus.

So when Sarah propelled herself off one of the thrown couches, she was able to lodge her knife into the guard captains heart, he gasped and clutched weakly at the knife, she then spoke. "I take no joy in this." She said simply as she twisted the knife, ending his life.

Sarah then walked away as she lit another match and threw it behind her, igniting one of the couches, the fire then slowly spread from there.

Sarah opened the door to Geram's room and immediately heard music, it was.....classical. "An assassin, I was wondering how long it would take for them to send one." Geram's voice said as he walked into the room, he lit a cigar and took a few puffs from it.

Sarah approached Geram silently as he chuckled. "But I never thought they would send YOU......hello Sarah, it's been a long time." He said.

"What are you talking about?" Sarah asked.

Geram threw the cigar to the ground and stepped on it. "I'm not surprised you don't remember me, but I'll indulge you." He replied.

Geram walked to the window and looked at Sarah. "I was once known as Doctor Geram Blacklight, I performed your operation, to give you your wings." He stated.

Sarah growled and ran up to him, she put the knife to his throat. "YOU TORE ME APART!?" She shouted.

Geram was calm as he took a breath. "I saved your life girl, perhaps it's time you found out HOW and WHY?" He said.

Sarah shoved him back and looked at the nearby clock, it was almost ten thirty. "Explain." She said.

Geram took a breath and continued talking. "You are not the only one with two magical cores Sarah, there were others, and all of them died, for one reason alone......they had no way of releasing the incredible amount of magic they produced, by giving you your wings, I saved you a terrible fate, though it seems you already have one ahead of you, I kept you in containment as we performed tests, to ensure you would survive." He stated.

Sarah raised an eyebrow. "Then why don't I remember these things?" She asked.

Geram sighed. "That is the result of selective memory repression, those crooks in that organization forced me to tamper with your memories, so you would have no recollection of their operations, of course, they will never admit to such a thing.

Sarah walked forward. "My concern isn't the organization, i simply want to go back to my life, and forget all of this." She stated.

Geram chuckled. "And you think killing a formal Doctor will end all this?" He replied.

Sarah scoffed. "Do you honestly think I'll fall for that? your part of a plot to dethrone Celestia and Luna, and while I couldn't give a shit about politics, I owe Luna a debt, and with your death, I'm free." She said calmly.

Geram then frowned. "I had hoped that you would see reason, and help me destroy the organization, but if you will not see reason....." He trailed off as he went to pull and a blade from the nearby drawer.

Sarah quickly lunged forward and stabbed Geram, he gasped for air as he felt the blade pierce his lung, he tried to stab Sarah with his own knife but she headbutted him before removing her knife and then stabbing him in the shoulder.

Sarah suddenly felt a wave of emotions flow through her, as she removed the knife from Geram's shoulder, she grinned and stepped back, as the stallion fell to the ground, Sarah slowly licked the knife off of the blade, she let out a satisfactory moan at the familiar taste before approaching Geram once again. "S.....Sarah Wait!" He pleaded. "I-I-I......I can fix you!....I can give you your memories back!" He swore.

Sarah tilted her head and pouted. "Bored now." She stated before plunging the dagger into his heart, ending his life, she looked at the knife and licked the blood off one side, she then looked at herself in the reflection, she fixed her hair and smiled as she walked to the window, she grabbed her last match and set Geram's body on fire, she then broke the window and flew out of there.

______*somewhere in the Everfree, 11:00 PM*______

Sarah finished cleaning off the blood in the stream, she sighed and held her head in her hooves. "I can't believe I lost control back there." She said to herself quietly.

"I mean, you did enjoy it, you just let that get to you." Sadism pointed out.

"Not helping." Sarah said as she tried to forget about the taste of blood in her mouth.

Sarah shook her head and flew to Sweet Apple Acres, but as she flew, she couldn't help but wonder what became of that mare, she hadn't run into her, and she was just hoping that either she didn't die, or her death was quick.

When Sarah landed back at the farm, she walked up to the house and opened it using her lockpicking skills.

She locked the door behind her and shook her head, she just wanted to sleep right now.

After Sarah entered her room, she saw that Applejack was waiting for her. "Where were you?" She immediately asked.

Sarah blinked and held back the memory for now. "Doing something I didn't want to do, why are you in here?" She asked.

Applejack stood up and looked at her sister. "I should be asking you a similar question, why did you run off?" She said.

Sarah walked to the end of her bed and sat down. "I had to do something that I didn't want to do, I'm sorry I didn't come back sooner." She repeated calmly.

Applejack tried to hold on to her anger.....but she couldn't, instead she walked up and sat next to Sarah. "Look, you know that I'm just concerned?.....right?......I want you to be able to live your life, not be stuck worrying." She said quietly.

Sarah nodded. "I know that, but I could say the same about you, you worry a lot......look, don't worry about me, I'll be alright, I just need time to sort everything out." She replied.

Applejack stood up. "That's what worries me." She said before walking to the door. "Night Sarah." She said.

"Night AJ." Sarah replied before walking over, closing her door, and going to sleep on the bed. "Please let tomorrow be better." She muttered.

______*the next day, Ponyville, 1:09 PM*______

Sarah was stuck selling apples today, apparently this was Applejack's creative punishment, stick Sarah with Apple Bloom and send them to town to sell apples.

Sarah had just sold Mr. Cake a few apples when Apple Bloom felt like chatting. "Hey Sarah......not to be rude, but why did you come along instead of Applejack?" She asked,

"This you and Aj's thing?" Sarah asked curiously.

Apple Bloom sighed and placed more apples up. "Kinda, I mean, Big Mac will sell apples, but he doesn't talk." She replied.

Sarah nodded. "Yea, big brother has never been much for conversation." She said. "As for your question, I think Applejack is punishing me for coming home late last night." She explained.

"Why would you let her?" Apple Bloom asked curiously.

Sarah shrugged. "Eh, I owe her one, I figure it's better not to make the sister MORE angry after an outburst." She replied.

Apple Bloom went to say something when a purple furred unicorn mare with a magenta mane and tail came up to the stall, she had blue eyes that seemed to have a red aura about them, she had three black lines under each of her eyes, and two larger ones above them. "Oh, hey, can I help you?" Sarah asked absently.

The mare thought on it before saying something. "No, I came over here to bother you." She chuckled. "Yea actually, how much for three apples?" She asked.

Sarah grinned. "Well........three bits." She answered.

The mare handed over three and took three apples. "Oh uh, I was wondering." The mare started. "Do you know where I can find a place called Suger Cube Corner?.....kinda new to town." She asked.

Sarah nodded. "Yea, the big building that looks like a gingerbread house, you can't miss it." She replied,

The mare smiled. "Thanks, maybe I'll see you around?" She said.

Sarah shrugged. "Perhaps, depends if I ever come to town." She replied.

The mare then held a hoof out to Sarah. "I'm Aqua Wave by the way, Everypony just calls me Wave though." She said.

Sarah shook Aqua's hoof. "Sarah Apple, don't confuse me with my sister Applejack." She replied.

Aqua blinked. "Twins?" She asked.

Sarah nodded. "Yep." She replied.

Aqua shivered for some reason. "Ok then, I'll see you." She said.

Sarah gave a half nod. "Same to you." She said before looking at Apple Bloom. "Now then, what were you about to say?" She asked.

Apple Bloom seemed mildly disturbed but talked anyway. "I was actually going to ask what your cutie mark means." She said.

Sarah shrugged. "Heck if I know, it either means I'm a twin, good at making Apple based jewelry, or something else." She replied.

"You still bothered by not having one of these stupid butt tatoos?" Sarah asked.

Apple Bloom looked at Sarah with obvious annoyance. "Says the one who has her cutie mark." She replied.

Sarah grinned. "Says the one who didn't care about them before and after getting it." She countered.

"Thanks for that comeback Anger." She mentally said.

"No problem" Anger replied.

______*Ponyville, Golden Oaks Library, 3:00 PM*______

Sarah looked at Twilight as she lay on the floor. "Why I'm I here again?" She asked.

Twilight sighed and looked at Applejack and Rainbow Dash. "Can you please explain this while me and Minutte figure this out?" She asked.

Rainbow Dash nodded. "Ok, Sarah, here's the basics, Twilight and Minutte are trying to find out what killing Memory did, and if you lost any memories at all......other than you forgetting Twilight." She said.

Sarah nodded. "Ok then." She replied.

The door to the library opened soon after and in came Storm, Rarity and Sweetie Belle. "Oh hey, what's up?" Sarah asked.

"Sweetie Belle here wanted to check the library for anything helpful for her magical studies." Rarity explained.

Storm shrugged. "I'm here because I felt like bothering people." He said simply.

Sarah then heard Insanity in her head. "That's them!" It declared.

"What?" Sarah asked mentally.

"The girl and the whelp!" Insanity stated.

Sarah looked around casually, not focusing on anything. "Rarity and Storm?" She wondered mentally.

"Not the big one!" Insanity shouted.

Sarah let her gaze wander as she looked at Sweetie Belle. "She's an Element of Chaos?" She asked in disbelief.

Author's Note:

So......that all happened, grim, dark, disturbing, plot twists.

Anyway!......meet Aqua, new character, excited to see where that goes?.......maybe.

So Sarah completed her task, but now she has to live with her actions, and the mysterious organization is revealed to have to have taken a part in removing some of Sarah's memories.

Also, Sarah seems to be losing control over herself, she is afraid of this, but she is confident she can control it.

As always, See You Next Time!