• Published 25th Dec 2015
  • 1,377 Views, 16 Comments

The Beatification of Lyra Heartstrings - TB3



As the war for Earth's salvation nears its climax, a group of clerics and civilians converge on Canterlot. Their goal is to investigate the martyred heroine Lyra Heartstrings, and lay to rest once and for all rumors of her divinity...

  • ...
5
 16
 1,377
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 15 )

Had a fantastic time working on this :twilightsmile:

We hope you've all enjoyed it as we did!

Oh, and a Merry Christmas, to all of you at home

Damn!

That is awesome.

I'm assuming this is Nepenthe after she breaks her previously hard-coded programming?

Shall read this soon.

What folder in Spectrum Crew would you say this would go under?

Lyra healed the Christian Schism?... don't get me wrong, I can see them working together with perfect synchronization, but that seems massively unrealistic, especially given that doctrinal break has been open for almost a thousand years.

Unless we get some elaboration, I'm not terribly convinced by it... even for a Fic with multicoloured brainwashed equine fascists.

TB3

6767855

And it's awesome to have you on board sir!

6767940

Quite so. Very soon after Nepenthe's creation I realised I wanted her to truly be a newfoal protagonist in every sense of the word, as well as subvert the established paradigm by suggesting that under the correct circumstances, a newfoal might develop a functioning personality, distinct from both that of their programming and the person they once were (which of course leads to further, most uncomfortable questions). Although it's giving away elements of her endgame in Last Train, the real adventure will be discovering how she got to where she is now, a valuable, capable and whole individual worthy of respect and affection.

6768524

Looking forward to your thoughts Bendy, though I suspect Red has taken the folder issue well in hand :)

6775551

Pleased to have you here Spires! As for your question, it's not that Lyra personally healed the schism, it's that she made possible the circumstances that led to it. The Nicean Church organically formed from the Catholic, Orthodox and Anglican Churches after the Barrier overrun and destroyed the historic nexuses of all the faiths. Intermingling between evacuated Europeans and the need to share remaining places of worship did the rest, along with a sense of 'we've got to much at stake to worry about issues of doctrine'.

Although this sound bizarre, I did some research and discovered that both Pope Francis and the Archbishop of Constantinople have recently exposed a mutual desire to heal the Catholic/Orthodox schism and unite the two faiths.

How that helps :)

6778356

Well, I guess that does make rather a lot of sense, although despite what current papal and patriarchal responses are, the current consensus in both churches is that the resolution of doctrinal disputes are very unlikely to be resolved in the future. Then again, with the Holy See and Constantinople erased many of the main doctrinal issues become a moot point, as you suggested, and the breakdown of the geographical barriers might indeed lead to the reformation of the Nicene Creed. I dunno, it is a rather interesting idea, I'd be very happy if you further elaborate on it's development.

I'm quite enjoying the story so far I'll admit, although I am a little sad because I was planning on exploring the theological response and you've gotten there before me. If you're interested in a gnostic response I'd be happy to contribute.

I hope Isis is long gone before the time line of this universe.

I'm glad the anti alicorn was placed in. I hate everyone being alicorns, that boring and mary sue, even if they are kind and nice (even if they would never commit xenocide on a sapient species) but humans would feel a bit scared of the mighty, friendly overpowered alicorn ponies.

6778788 Uhm, ISIS was still around in Spectrum last I remembered.

6779721

Almost dead. I meant.

They would very weak... since the barrier has made landfall there.

Ah hell... uh, guys... I may need to talk about to you about some of the stuff you've got here.

and there is the true history about the creation of the first amalgamated church

So... can someone bring this fic back to life?

I mean, if TB3 can't, have him share his notes with Fluffy or Jed R and let them finish this. This fic is too good!

6778356
Quick question: Is this story in the pipeline for a reboot, or is it fated to be consigned to the aether?

6778356
In spite of getting no response on if any of this fic was still viable in the new "timeline", I finally settled down to actually read it. And now I'm wondering which fic I missed explained the bit with Sparkler.

8620574

9670654

For a reboot? Well, it's set in Prime Equestria in the months long period, something we haven't reached yet in the reboot. We're not sure, really.

As for Sparkler, I believe that in the original story, this is the first time it's revealed what she is.

Login or register to comment