• Published 27th Oct 2015
  • 2,215 Views, 16 Comments

The Conversion Bureau: Obsolete - Alex Prior



Xenolestia, having conquered yet another world, runs into something new. Something... Unexpected.

  • ...
19
 16
 2,215

Chapter The Third: Eidolon

The Founder bared his teeth as the golden Barrier came to view. He banked on his wings and glided effortlessly through it, breathing in the familiar yet distant Equestrian air. Oh, he could smell it any time he wanted, of course, but it was just not the same.

He spied a look down at the tear in spacetime, one that was spitting out various ponies of sizes, shapes and colors; he spotted a speck of gold and, upon swooping closer, he saw six gems so familiar yet distant; and he noticed a shape that nearly made him drop out of the air.

He made to land. The ponies with the gems, oh how he had forgotten their names... He’d forgotten their faces... He’d forgotten their... Those weren’t the same ponies, were they.
They had noticed him. They were pointing at him with shocked looks on their faces, and the Draconequus they were conversing with finally turned around.

The Founder stepped in front of the new one. Both examined the other, taking note in familiarities, in minute differences. Both reached a conclusion, and both spoke in tandem.

“Discord, I presume?”

-----

Silver was hiding.

She was hiding from the world, and all the terrible things that came with it. She had hid herself within her own head, and had sworn to never leave. Her mind was working furiously over what she’d heard. And she wanted to unhear it.

She had burrowed deep into her tail and had not come out. She wished Clockwork’s daughter had never relayed the news. She wished Luna would just stop looking. She wished many things.

She wrapped her enormous bushy silver squirrel tail even tighter around her.

‘Why them? Why now? Has it not been enough? Of all possible chances, why them? Why this particular type?’

The silvery Draconequus shuddered.

‘If only Diamond were still here...’

-----

Magic stared at the two identical Draconequi. She could not help it; she felt slight fear. She could faintly remember his rule, and she definitely remembered his madness. The madness that had cost her her friends. And now, there was two of him.

It settled the matter, in her mind; this world had seen his machinations before. The Unicorn stepped forward, adjusting her glasses. “Discord. Who might thine friend be?”

Her sentence had earned her annoyed looks from both Discords, which transformed into disbelief on one and delayed recognition on the other. The two exchanged glances.

Is that...?

“Looks like.”

“But how...?”

“Ask another statue, this one is busty.”

“You mean busy.”

“I meant what I said.”

True to his word, one of the Discords was now sporting a healthy pair of mammalian milk organs. The other had no other response besides a horrified stare. “This is one of the most disturbing things I have seen.”

The night-black unicorn slapped a hoof to her face. “What manner of crimes hath We committed to deserve this loathsome punishment?”

“Besides letting a crazed maniac go on a killing spree across at least five planets, and doing absolutely nothing to stop it, eventually getting yourself killed and subsequently reincarnated?”

Magic sighed. “We thank thee, fair Sugarcoat. Thou hast performed an action We most desperately needed.” She gave her fellow Element a half-lidded Look. “Not.”

A Discord took the moment of silence as an opportunity to ask where would the one in charge be. Laughter pointed him towards the Royal Other Throne Room. Many intermittent relationships between hooves and correspondent faces bloomed, afore immediate separations.

The former Princess Luna gave a despondent sigh. No, things were very much not going her way.

-----

World’s most symmetrical Draconequus clicked her television shut with a growl. It was bad enough that she was completely unable to gather any sympathizers, but now a new group just had to show up out of nowhere? Some insignificant flightless lowlives that just happened to run across aliens? Bah!

She trotted out of her cloudhouse and snapped her wings into a glide. She needed to consult with someone, anyone to figure out what to do next.

Luckily, she had just the person in mind...

Twilight Sparkle snapped her book shut. A flash of familiarity, perhaps even nostalgia, had just gone through her mind. She decided it wasn’t important.

The Symmetrical One landed lightly in front of a large, unassuming manor. She knocked three times in quick succession. A twin-colored face appeared from beyond the door. A pair of eyes widened.

You! What are you doing here?”

The arrival smiled, folding her wings. “Hello, Luna. May I come in?”

-----

In an area now known as Qurac, a group of reptilian, insectile, and otherwise predatory creatures held a meeting.

“Order! Order! I call our 321st meeting to order.”

An old, bearded serpentine creature surveyed the ragtag group he had gathered. He clicked his leg onto the floor. “Your attention, PLEASE!”

Seeing the others be shocked into silence, he continued. “I have chosen you out of many, for you are all old enough to remember and understand what happened to us. I have chosen you for your determination. For your sense in what’s right.

“I am old. I have seen people grow and cities crumble. I have seen The Great Wave as it swept across the lands, forever transforming anyone in its path. I was already old when I was turned, and so I understand living far more than most on this planet.

“And because of that, I have come to a conclusion. We cannot die. Even taking into account the numerous injuries we can sustain, we cannot die from them. No matter how much we wish to do so.

“The Council has decreed death to be against the law. It seems that no matter how much we try to remain free, something always gets in our way.

Up until now, we have been called the Storm Liberation Front, and I have been Thunder, its leader foremost. Up until now, we have tried to keep the last bastion of sanity, the purity of natural weather, from extinction.

Our goal has not failed. But soon, it will no longer matter. Visitors from another world have arrived once again, and it is my hope that they will bring us salvation.

“From now on, we shall be known as Earthlings For Mortality. And I will be Death’s Advocate. They will forever know me as the Oncoming Storm. And then, maybe then...

“We can finally become mortal again.

“Are you with me?”

“YEAH!!!”

Author's Note:

Despite reveals, identity guesses are still open.
And I do hope questions remain.

::::)

Comments ( 6 )

So instead of ponies everyone is a Draconequus's? I kinda want to see how the CMC, Trixie, and Starlight Glimmer would look like?

6593222
How'd you know you haven't seen them?
Well.
[SPOILERS], at any rate.

Are humans going to show up soon? Or did I miss them somehow?

6593308
They have already shown up, yes.
And that's all I'll say on the matter.

And I do hope questions remain

You are Evil.....EVIL!

well we say silver spoon at lease.

Login or register to comment