• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 2,545 Views, 15 Comments

Feelings Out - Toonsgirl



Twiligh Sparkle invites her friends to attend a Health Matters session. Fluttercord and hint of Applespike

  • ...
2
 15
 2,545

Health Matters session

Author's Note:

I wrote this one shot for a Fluttercord prompt and I thoguht why not publish it here for others to see? This one shot was inspired by a Health Matters seminar from work. Hope you enjoy it!

Feelings Out

Discord was feeling grumpy. Why, you ask? Well, because Twilight Sparkle had dragged him into attending her session on Health Matters at her castle. Discord did not want to attend to that stupid session! Who wants to waste their time talking about feelings, emotions, and all that junk? When Twilight Sparkle invited him to her session, he did not want to go at all, no matter how much she pleaded. But Princess Celestia ordered him believing this would be a good way for him to learn another lesson of friendship. Additionally, this would be a chance for Discord to strengthen his friendships with Spike and the Mane Six since his little episode at the Gala. Discord had crossed his arms and shook his head. Then, when Princess Celestia promised Discord that he could have lots of chocolate milk for three meals, that is when Discord finally, but still reluctantly, obliged.

Now, he is in that pesky princess' castle, sitting in a wooden chair. He, Spike, and Twilight were waiting for other ponies to show up. Discord wasn't sure who would attend Twilight's session, but he wished they would hurry. A couple of minutes later Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy arrived. Discord's face had softened a bit at seeing Fluttershy. Only she can make things better for him. The mares sat in their respective thrones. Fluttershy took her seat next to Discord and smiled at him. He smiled back at her.

"So why are we here, Twilight?" Applejack asked. Twilight had a big chalkboard and wrote Health Matters on it with her magic.

"This is Health Matters," She said, happily. "We are going to talk about what we like about ourselves and what we like about each other."

"What, this is stupid!" Rainbow Dash cried in disgust. For once, Discord agreed with the multicolored mare. Twilight looked a bit hurt but shook it off.

"Knock it off, Rainbow Dash!" Applejack scolded. The cowgirl turned to Twilight. "So Twi, why is it important to talk about what we feel about each other?"

"Because it's good for your health," Twilight explained. "Talking about how we feel about each other is a good way to get to know each other. That way we can see what positive characteristics we have and what others have-if they have any," She narrowed her eyes at Discord, as she said the last part. Discord scowled and crossed his arms.

Oh sure, she let it go so easily when I sided with Tirek for a while, but she won't let go of the fuss I made at the Grand Galloping Gala? Sheesh!

Fluttershy looked sympathetically at Discord. Unlike Twilight, Fluttershy had forgiven Discord for his episode at the Gala. Treehugger and Smooze had forgiven him. Heck, even Princess Celestia went easy on him! Fluttershy was just relieved that after the Gala, she, Discord, Treehugger, and Smooze have become the Quartet and managed to hung out whenever they could.

"All right, everypony!" Twilight announced. "Now the first part of this session is to go around in a circle and talk about what we like about ourselves. Whatever characteristic that you like about yourself, I will write it on the chalkboard. For example, if you said, 'I like that I have big eyes,' I will write 'big eyes' on the board. Does everypony understand?"

All said 'yes'.

Let's get this stupid session over with! Discord thought sourly to himself.

"Great, let's begin!" The bookworm mare beamed. "Pinkie why don't you start first?"

"Yaaay!" Pinkie shouted, happily. "What I like about myself is that I'm...FUN!!! I like that I can make anypony laugh no matter what!!" Twilight nodded and wrote the word 'fun' on the chalkboard.
"That is great, Pinkie!" Twilight answered. "Applejack you're next!"
"Wait, I wasn't finished yet!" Pinkie whined, comically. "I-also-like-that-I-can-still-eat-sugar-can-still-have-milk-and-use-honey-instead-of-corn-syrup-unlike-other-meanies-"
"Hush!" Applejack growled, covering Pinkie's mouth with her hoof. Twilight added 'cupcakes', 'can still eat sugar and milk' and 'honey over corn syrup' on the chalkboard.

"What I like about is myself is that I am caring, honest, and hardworking," Applejack said, humbly. Everypony agreed that she is those things, even Discord.
"Got it!" Twilight said, writing on the board. "Spike you're next!"

"What I like about myself is that I'm always helpful to Twilight and I am the only dragon who likes hanging out ponies." Spike answered. Twilight wrote 'helpful' and 'friendly' to the list. Rarity's turn was next.

"What I like about myself is that I'm the center of attention!" Rarity boasted, flipping her hair. "Especially with stallions!"

"Oh brother!" Applejack grumbled. Discord and Rainbow Dash rolled their eyes, as well. Twilight, absentmindedly scripted 'center of attention'. Then, came Rainbow Dash's turn.

"What I like about is myself is that I can run at full speed!" She shouted, proudly. "Which makes me 20% cooler than Tirek!" Discord and Fluttershy shared a giggle. The words 'great speed' and '20% cool' were written. Then came Discord's turn. Discord was glad, because he still wanted this session to be over with!
"What I like about myself is that I can create anything out from thin air!" He said, boldly.
"Me too!" Pinkie added, by pulling out a party cannon from out of thin air. The others blinked before shrugging.

"Fluttershy, your turn!" Twilight said, while adding 'chaos magic' onto the list. Fluttershy gulped, not liking to speak much. She looked fearfully at her friends. Discord noticed her despair, so he squeezed her hoof with his talon. Fluttershy looked at him and relaxed at his touch. She took a deep breath.

"I like that...I'm caring and...surrounded by my good friends!" She rushed a little at the last statement before she could stutter again. Everypony clapped and she sighed in relief. Twilight added 'caring' and 'surrounded by good friends' to the board.

"Great, we have so many wonderful qualities that we liked about ourselves!" She announced. "Now what we are going to talk about what we like about each other!" Discord sighed, not believing that this session was far from over! "Each pony will say something they like about the pony on their left, and I will add it to the list, Pinkie go!"

"Ooh, what I love about Applejack is that she's a great cook and loves her family!"

"I like that Spike is always so helpful to Twilight no matter what!" AJ beamed. Spike blushed at AJ's comment.

"I like that Rarity is very creative with fashion!" Spike added, not noticing AJ's jealous look.

"I like that Rainbow Dash is loyal to everypony!"

"Thanks Rarity!" Rainbow beamed. "I like that dishrag-er I mean Discord, agrees with me that Twilight is an egghead!" She and Discord laughed, as Twilight scowled. After begrudgingly writing Rainbow Dash's answer, she turned to Discord.
"So Discord what do you like about Fluttershy?" She growled. Discord immediately stopped laughing. He looked at Fluttershy. Her smile made his heart skip a beat. Oh boy, I can't tell them now! Or else they'll know about my feelings for her! He thought nervously. Twilight tapped on her hoof, impatiently.
"Come on Discord! Give me your answer!"

"Um, all right!" Discord gulped. He took a deep breath. "What I love-like about Fluttershy is that she's the only pony that understands me!" Fluttershy focused wholly on him. "She's kind, beautiful, caring, sweet, adorable, intelligent-everything that I want in a mare-friend! I love-like that no matter how badly I mess up at being good, Fluttershy always finds it in her heart to forgive me and give me another chance-even when I don't deserve it!" He looked around nervously at anything but Fluttershy. "Th-that's what I love about Fluttershy," He whispered, the last part. He was still afraid to look at her. But Fluttershy looked at Discord and blushed and smiled that he felt this way about her. Her heart was exploding with joy. Spike and other mares were shocked at his confession-they did not expect something from him to say something so...touching! Twilight nervously cleared her throat.
"Um, Fluttershy you're next-although you do not have someone on your left-"
"I already know what to say, Twilight," Fluttershy assured the bookworm. "What I love about Discord is that he is somepony I feel comfortable with," Discord's eyes widened at this. "Whenever I'm with him, I feel safe and protected-I do not have to be afraid of anything! And he's brave, strong, handsome, intelligent, kind, active, and really funny-everything that I want in a stallion. He can really be a sweetheart, too! Sure, he can be mischievous, silly, and a bit chaotic (everypony chuckled at that part) but that's what I love about him and I'm so grateful to have him be part of my life!" She gave him a hug that surprised Discord further but he hugged her back. Neither of them cared that the others were watching them, stunned. Maybe this Health session wasn't so bad, after all. Discord smiled to himself.

Comments ( 15 )

Da Www! Too sweet! Watching this one too!

Oh Fluttercord, how I love thee. :heart:

Cuuuuttteee!!!!! :heart:

Too cute! I feel all fuzzy inside.:yay:

"I like that Rarity is very creative with fashion!" Spike added, not noticing AJ's jealous look.

Is that a subtle hint of Applespike, I smell?
Gosh, I love you!

Have an up-vote and a mustache. :moustache:

This just went in my library, for the fuzzies.

For the fuzzies.

Great story, a little rushed but great! :raritywink:

Hello, great story!

Ya I love this story

Daww, heartstrings twanging like a harp on this one.:raritywink:

Short and to the point! I like it!

Well that was quick!! Also, awww!

That was....really sappy.

I like it...can you write more?

I love this! So cute! :rainbowkiss:

:twilightoops: That escalated quickly. :rainbowlaugh: In a good way. :raritywink:

Login or register to comment