• Published 26th Aug 2015
  • 469 Views, 21 Comments

True Gamer - WishSeeker



All across Equestria, gaming has become popular. Ponies play everything from League of Ponies to Gallop Theft Carto.

  • ...
0
 21
 469

Why? - part 2

"Don't do it Spike." Mayor Mare stood as the head of the crowd, she attempted to give a soothing smile to Spike who sat confused, his legs dangled off the window ledge. "We are all here for you, whatever the problem is I'm sure we can sort it out."

Spike's mind finally caught up, realising the town's perception of the situation. "No! Mayor Mare i'm not gonna- It's Twili-"

"I'm sure whatever problems you two are facing can be solved with a proper discussion and not like this." Thanks to a megaphone, Mayor Mare's voice could just be made out above the rest of the town. Shouting and calls came from the hoard, they were tring to console what they saw as a down and distressed dragon. "We're gonna send up a fire pony to help you down Spike, just please wait."

"No i'm just trying to get Twilight out of my spot!" Even at the top of his voice Spike was drowned out by the sound of concerned ponies. Spike tried attacking the window frantically while screaming, "Come on Twilight! Let me in! Twilight!"

"Come on little guy, you'll be fine." A firepony hung off a ladder next to Spike. He reached out with one hoof while giving a kindly smile. "I won't bite, I've done this plenty of times."

Spike, in desperation, avoided the pony's hoof and swerved to the edge of the ledge. Suddenly, he felt the loss of balance drag him back and before he could grip onto something secure he started falling. Spike closed his eyes and let out a cry in fear, his plunge lasted an eternity. he had about a second left. Then, almost instantly, he felt the weight of the world leave him. Spike was floating with no power, he felt no pain. He made an attempt to open his eyes and saw light, purple light, a barrier between him and the ground.

Twilight had saved Spike an inch before the ground collided with him, leaving him paralysed in shock"Spike, Mayor Mare, can somepony explain to me what is happening?"

"It seems poor Spike decided to do something very desperate." Mayor Mare's eyes glanced from Twilight to Spike as he passed into an unconscious state. "We were all trying to help but we couldn't stop Spike from jumping."

"Oh my gosh! I didn't know Spike felt this way." Twilight's eyes shone like glass beads as tears filled their space. She walked over to the unconscious Spike. "I'm so sorry, I was so cruel to you and I didn't know that game meant so much to you. Let's get you into a bed where you can rest."


A slit of light broke the darkness of Spike's eyelids as he awoke, he sat up in a hospital bed to see Pinkie Pie's face glaring back at him.

"Spike's awake!" Pinkie's voice startled everypony else in the room; Rarity fell from her chair and landed onto lying Applejack, Applejack then prematurely bucked, kicking Rainbow Dash into Twilight managed to stop herself before hitting Fluttershy. "Hey stop kidding around back there, we have a serious issue on hand. Spike we demand to know what's wrong. Talk."

Spike opened his mouth trying to think of words to explain what had actually happened. "Well um-"

"Pinkie!" Rarity intruded. With the help of Applejack, the two pulled Pinkie Pie back off of Spike. "Pinkie Pie please, I don't think Spike would appreciate being ordered about, especially after what the little darling has been through today." Rarity's stern look as she spoke left Pinkie feeling scolded.

Rainbow positioned herself above Spikes bed, hovering just in front of him. "Spike, why didn't you just tell me what was up, if I knew what you were going to do I'd never have let you up there. I'm so sorry it's all my fault." Rainbow lowered onto the bottom Spike's bed, her broad frown being the main highlight of her expression.

Spike once again tried to get words out to explain the problem. "No, it's no-"

"It's my fault." This time it was Twilight who interrupted Spike, her head hung low in shame. "You just wanted to play your game and I wanted to show you what it's like when you're completely ignorant. I don't know what came over me but I never should have threw you out like that. I think the only way I can even try to make it up to you is by doing your chores so you can play."

"But Twilight, wait what?" Spike's ears perked and a joyous expression crossed his face.

"You can play Spike, I'll pick up some of the slack for you until your feeling better, just please promise you won't do this again." A desperate look on Twilight's face met with Spike's confused stare as she waited for an answer.

Spike took a moment to think, whether he should tell the truth or take advantage of the whole situation. "No Twilight, look. Everything was a mistake, it was an accident."


"Yeah, get him Twilight!" Spike cheered Twilight on as she slaughtered her digital foes, rival ponies from all across Equestria, playing in some 'Player vs Player combat'. "You're amazing Twilight!"

Twilight took a break to speak. "Spike have you finished tidying?"

"Mostly, I just need to throw these last cans of Pony Dew away, thanks for understanding Twilight." Spike and Twilight shared the moment, both holding in laughter as they relived the day, the stupid mistakes that both of them made and how it escalated so far over so little. Eventually Spike broke out a giggle and it set the two of them off on a roller coaster of laughter.

Author's Note:

I just want to mention a few things;

Firstly, if I have overstepped a line with the context, which I don't believe, I am sorry.
Secondly, I feel my writing style changed throughout, can someone else call me up on that if I did so I can look back on it properly? I'm just unsure on this.
Lastly, if you want to voice an opinion or give me serious advice then i would be grateful to hear it, I don't mind a bit of criticism to help me on my way :pinkiesmile:

Thank you readers,
RoaringDecanus

Comments ( 6 )

you know what you should do? put asura's wrath game in

7166514

I've seen clips and things on Youtube but never played it unfortunately, I should at some point and I'm sure when I do I'll add a chapter for it :pinkiesmile:

I'm almost positive this game has a stupidly large amount of sun-bro's. Game ideas

South park: the stick of truth
Super meat boy
Naughty bear
Splatterhouse
The impossible game

Will this ever get continued?

9098972
Sorry, I don't write often anymore because of personal difficulties, and I kinda stopped watching but I always come back to check on my stories every now and then. It's nice to see someone was curious though.

I wish I was up to writing more like this, I was a bad writer but it was fun.

Oh btw I did have an incomplete chapter. called major leagues,

Login or register to comment