• Published 26th Aug 2015
  • 470 Views, 21 Comments

True Gamer - WishSeeker



All across Equestria, gaming has become popular. Ponies play everything from League of Ponies to Gallop Theft Carto.

  • ...
0
 21
 470

Spike Kombat! part 3

After a huge purple pop, Twilight had appeared in the game store again, she had no way of stopping the crazed ninja dragon. Spike was injuring and even killing everyone in his path.

She surveyed the shop but there was little sign of any employee, she scavenged around the merchandise and then checked the counter, the only help she found was a note to customers, 'On a lunch break be back really soon, we would really appreciate it if you didn't steal anything.'

Ponies were all around the shopping centre, crowding everywhere; Twilight hardly get around let alone find somepony. From the distance came a roar as Spike flew past, almost crippling a full grown stallion with a single kick. He turned and narrowed his eyes at a young unicorn, they gleamed with a red aura as he taunted the defenceless pony. "Get over here!"

"Spike stop!" Twilight's words meant nothing to the frenzied beast, she could see that the Spike that was always there for her was consumed with rage.

The dragon prepared to leap at his next victim but as he pounced a tremendous force sent him flying backwards. There before him , balancing on its hind legs, stood a male Pegasus dressed in a clean white robe. He dropped his forelegs to the ground and addressed Spike directly. "Not today little dragon. like so many others you were unprepared; now video games have damaged your mind."

Twilight recognised the voice, her eyes shot up to stare into the face of the hero. She saw his strange mane and she shivered, her mind drew back to the store clerk, Blizz Blitz.

The fight erupted quickly, a low kick from Spike took Blizz off his hooves. Blizz bounced back using his wings, he responded with a swift uppercut which Spike barely dodged. The dragon flew at Blizz's face with full force but was quickly sent into the air from another uppercut.

Twilight stared on as the two fought, she tried to calm Spike with spells but the dragon was moving to fast for her to get a lock, it was all up to Blizz to incapacitate Spike.

"Argh!" A good strike from Spike left Blizz lying on the floor, consciousness was slowly fading from him. He looked up to see the elbow of Spike falling down towards him at terminal velocity.

As they connected Blizz was knocked out completely, Spike turned to his worthy opponent and gave a sinister grin. The dragon kicked the unconscious body repeatedly and began mocking the unresponsive Blizz. "What will you do now Pegasus?"


Blizz awoke to a small room, he looked around attempting to piece together where he was. His bed was extremely comfortable, the paintings on the walls were beautiful and the surrounding colours were all so aesthetically pleasing.

"Am I dead? Is this where Celestia sends us when we die?" Questions filled his mind as this room felt perfect but his questions were soon forgotten when he caught a beautiful sight, a fine alicorn.

"No you're not dead, you fought so bravely against Spike, I couldn't just leave you there in that state." The princess stepped forward, as they gazed upon each other they found themselves in awe.

Blizz could hardly speak, he felt strangely sick. Eventually he managed to break the silent stare that they shared. "Princess Twilight, it was something that I had to do. It was my fault, my friends made a bet that I couldn't sell the enchanted game console and I won but at a high cost."

Twilight, though still adoring the stallion before her, took a short glance at the console near her hoof. "What do you mean enchanted game console?"

A long sigh drew from Blizz's mouth, he had to be honest with Twilight. "Well long story short, a strange old guy cursed it because he couldn't complete a 540 heel flip on a Pony Hawk game. The curse turns players into characters of the games they play, or at least in their minds. Your friend Spike seems to be Scorpion from Pony Kombat."

Twilight continued to press for information. "Ok I think I understand, but then how do we stop the curse?"

"It's actually really simple, we just have to beat him at the game he's 'playing', hence why I tried to fight him. Then you saved me." Again the sick feeling returned as he gazed at her eyes, Blizz wanted to preach how he felt to Twilight, the emotion that was consuming him when he though of her. He looked away abruptly, choosing to instead stare out the window.

Twilight also had a strange feeling, she should have been angry at this pony but instead she pitied him. She felt a connection to him but was too afraid to speak up about it, instead she stuck with the matter at hand. "Ok so how do we fight Spike, he seems almost unbeatable. Thee must be some kind of weakness we can exploit."

Blizz scratched his chin with his hoof as he thought deeply. "There maybe one thing we could try."


Spike was storming his way up another Manehattan street, waiting in front of him was a huge magical barrier held up by a number of guard unicorns, they were trying to keep Spike from escaping.

Above the street, a group of pegasi were hovering with a huge net, Together, they swept down and attempted to drop it on Spike. The dragon was too fast for the group and he rolled out of the way.

Bewildered at his speed, some of the unicorns lost focus on their combined spell. This left an opening for Spike to move on, he dashed for a gap in the barrier but before he leapt through, he was hit with a tremendous kick.

"As I said before, not today little dragon." Blizz once again stood before Spike, this time he seemed more confident. Spike glared at him as a dark smile swept across his face, he felt the presence of a challenge.

It began almost instantly, the guards were only spectators of this great battle, both of them fought with rapid speed. Spike countered every strike from Blizz but his own could not break Blizz's defence, the two were perfectly matched.

Eventually the two stopped, they stared each other down. Spike's eyes began to glow red as raw power coursed through him, he was preparing to finish Blizz in one strike.

Spike erupted into a frenzy as he rushed towards the pegasus, but before his strike landed an overwhelming force took him over. Spike couldn't control himself, he was being tugged away from Blizz against his will. Twilight, levitating a controller in the air, was magically pushing buttons. This turned Spike into a puppet.

Blizz began his onslaught, he struck the dragon multiple times with no response from Spike, who was frozen to the spot. His strikes landed hard and though Blizz regretted what he had to do, he merciless battered his opponent. The last strike was the most painful for Spike, Blizz 'finished him' by kicking the dragon in the stomach, flying him up into the air, then dropping him at high speed.

"Argh, ouch, what in Celestia happened, I don't remember a thing and... And I can't move my legs! What happened?" The real Spike was back, however he was paralysed. All that pain from the fall was still rippling through his little body and his arms and head were barely moving.

Blizz helped Spike sit up against a wall, he then gave answer to Spike's question. "You, kind of went nuts. And I had to kick your flank, well butt. Sorry."

Twilight ran over and immediately kissed Blizz without a thought. Once she realised that she had just kissed the stallion she blushed and looked away giggling. "Sorry." But her apology was met by a kiss back, the two enjoyed the moment for a few more seconds before returning to the real world.

Twilight then moved on to enlighten the dragon who was now glaring confused. "Ok, you're game console was enchanted and a word in the meeting triggered the spell, you began beating everyone up pretending to be a character from Pony Kombat; The only way to stop you was to defeat you at the game, but you were too powerful. In the end, we came up with this plan to use an enchanted controller to control you so Blizz could beat you."

Spike looked at the two still confused before a light bulb flashed in his school. "Have you tried restoring the console to factory settings?"

Blizz was caught off guard, his whole life was turned upside down. "I didn't think of that."

Author's Note:

Yeah, I'm lazy and I've left this for quite a while.

Comments? Is it good? Is it bad? Did I make grammar, spelling or punctuation mistakes? Please let me know.

Thank you readers,
RoaringDecanus