• Published 26th Aug 2015
  • 469 Views, 21 Comments

True Gamer - WishSeeker



All across Equestria, gaming has become popular. Ponies play everything from League of Ponies to Gallop Theft Carto.

  • ...
0
 21
 469

Why? - part 1

"Twilight, you have to see this!" His claws pressing buttons and his eyes glaring forward at the screen Spike was focused on this battle, he could not die again, at least not without recovering. He sat in a duel state of depressive fear and furious excitement, the danger of loosing all those souls made the fight a huge hype for him.

Twilight entered the room to see the mess he had left, empty cans of Pony Dew entrenched the dragon, not to mention the rooms general mess with his slack on the chores. "What is it Spike? Shouldn't you have cleaned this mess by now".

"Look Twilight, that black guard's health bar is down so far, he must have less than 190 health left and my spear can deal at least 160 physical damage and 80 fire damage, more than enough to kill him." Spike continued to raid the buttons as his character bounced across the dark corridor on the screen, then the character struck the huge armored pony standing before it causing it to dissipate into little white lights.

"Wow!" Twilight seemed genuinely interested in Spike's achievement. "I'm impressed Spike, your really improving with your mathematics studies."

"Figures, you would be more into the numbers and stats of the game than the actual fighting." Spike quickly grew tired of the conversation, knowing it headed in a less interesting direction.

In contrast a huge shock of excitement grew in Twilight, she tried to hold in the joy but her curiosity demanded satisfaction. "Seriously! This game has stats and numbers! Why have I never heard of it? Does it have anything else? Tell me Spike!"

Spike found himself dragged from his fort of crushed cans by the purple glow of Twilight's magic, by the time he blinked his face was pressed to Twilight's waiting eyes. "I don't know, Pony Souls has something about physics, like jumping and dropping off things, and I guess it has a lot of stories in its lore if you can find it. Pleas let me go back to my guy before he dies."

"Physics, stories, stats, this game sounds amazing, I have to try it." Twilight turned her levitation into a projectile as she fired the little dragon out of the door and into a bookcase. She closed the door, locking it with her magic, and sat in Spike's spot.


"So why exactly do you need me? Spike can't you just open the door?" Rainbow Dash's eyes dropped from the high window of the library to Spike's face.

Spike sighed at the question "I already told you this, that's exactly the problem she locked the door, I can't get in any other way and she has my ponystation."

Rainbow Dash mulled the situation over for a moment . "Oh right, so you just want me to fly you up to that high window"

"Yes"

"The dangerously high one"

"Yes!"

"The one you fell off last time you wanted to be Spiderpony"

"Yes?"

"No problem" Rainbow Dash quickly swooped Spike up and before he could cry out dropped him outside the window.

Spike screamed as he tried to balance on the narrow ledge outside the room, his claws almost lost their grip until Rainbow nudged him to regain his composure. "Thanks, I guess, but can you give some kind of warning next time?"

"Sure no problem Spike, just call me if you need anything else." Rainbow dash prepared her wings for to shoot away. "Later"

"Wait, how am I gonna get down if I can't get in." Spike called out but it was too late, Rainbow was darting off towards Sugar Cube Corner. Spike turned and glanced through the window, Twilight was sitting in his spot playing his game and eating his Ponitos.

Spike quickly grew jealous when he noticed the skill and timing of Twilight's move, she was even better than him. He looked away in painful shame only to be reminded of the edge he stood on. "Great, I'll have to get in there somehow or I'm stuck here for the night I guess."

He struck the window repetitively but Twilight was immersed in the game and just shrugged off the noise; He wrote a letter on a spare bit of parchment and tried sending it to her but Twilight ignored the note even as it hit her in the head; He then tried to break the window down but the small dragon was no match for the double glazed glass. Finally, Spike decided he better admit defeat and sat down, his legs hung perilously off the edge of the ledge and he could see most of the town in front of him, not because he was at a high up vantage point but mainly because the whole town had gathered around around the window in front of Spike.


To be continued

Author's Note:

Fimfiction has become more of an occasional distraction for me, I do enjoy writing and reading stories here but it seems I don't have the time for it. Anyway as short as it is this chapter was fun to write and a part 2 is coming.

As usual any constructive criticism and advice is always welcome. I can only hope that I improve and not slack as much.

Thank you readers,
RoaringDecanus