• Published 22nd Aug 2015
  • 1,071 Views, 2 Comments

Never Enough - ProbableSarcasm



It was all built up to this moment, the final battle between good and evil. The defender of the innocent, and the eradicator of the weak... so what stopped the Trixie from the last blow?

  • ...
3
 2
 1,071

One Quarter

The clash of black stone and titanium sets the flow of quick and precised strikes, sword slices through flesh, staff riddling bones bruised, blood and sweat dripped off of both ponies on both sides of the battle but neither of them intend to stop. Twilight's eyes shown with greedy blood lust, locked under the mind-bending spell of Sombra's influential magic. Twilight was brainwashed, her emotions neutralized, only an unstoppable need for combat. Twilight's once impenetrable black-stone armor was almost laughable now, broken and shattered.

Trixie ducks under a horizontal swing and bashes the titanium staff into the underbelly of Twilight, countering what could have been Trixie's decapitation. Trixie teleported away from a thrust from Twilight's black stone sword. Trixie felt her Magicka levels plummet further, her body straining to keep up with her Magicka usage. Trixie's cloak and hat stored magicka, enchanted by the long deceased Zecora, were torn up and laid useless on the ground. Trixie's staff was titanium, the only metal able to break black stone. On Trixie's neck was the Alicorn Amulet, on top of her head was the Element of Magic.

Trixie conjured up a fireball, twisting her straining body to unleash the force of the spell. The fireball spat itself towards Twilight at high speeds, only to be sliced in half by Twilight's sword being thrown like a boomerang. Twilight casted a bubble-like shield around her, for safety insurance. The sword created a safe haven for Twilight as the fireball splits ended on each side of her, the intensity of the heat caught fire to numerous objects.

Trixie was out of Magicka, except for one spell. Trixie's staff glowed, the end of the staff becoming a handle with a hoof-guard, the rest of the staff becoming a blade. It was a bastard sword, but on the blade was each gem of the Elements of Harmony. The Elements of Harmony glowed, creating a set of white knight armor for Trixie to wear, on the center of the armor was The Element of Magic. The metal was stronger and lighter than titanium but it cannot be used to assist in murder, regardless what Twilight's death would bring.

Trixie, better at swordsmanship than battle magicka, swung the sword in a circular motion before letting the sharp tip rest on the wooden floor. Trixie's face guard didn't show it, but Trixie had tears running down her face. Not out of grief of those lost in this siege, not because Trixie trained years for this moment, not because she was in pain, not because of anger either. Trixie had tears falling down her face because of Twilight, how far she's fallen into the realms of insanity with no aid, no way of saving her, no way of returning Trixie's love ever again.

The fire had spread quickly among the Princess' former court, the throne engulfed in flames, blocking off any aid from Sombra's Empire, blocking off any aid from the army of Celestial Flare. Sombra was defeated, quickly apprehended, but Twilight's mind was too deep into his magic, Twilight's mind was damaged from the inside and there was only one way to free it: Kill Twilight Sparkle. Sombra's Empire were the slaves of the Crystal Empire, monsters driven mad by Sombra's magicka, and Renegade Changelings. The Celestial Flare was a combined effort of every kingdom in the land, Griffon, Zebra, Unicorn, Pegasi, Earth Pony, Buffalo, Changelings, and many many more.

But now?

It was only the two of them.

Only Trixie and Twilight, heroine and villain, good and evil, lovers until death.

"We shall slay thee where thy stand," Twilight growled, it pinged Trixie's heart. "We shall destroy those who oppose us!"

"All generalizations are false, including this one," Trixie retorted, her voice acidic. "Your commander is defeated, Twilight, surrender.

Trixie's sword knocked away a thrust, parried a horizontal swing, and then countered a vertical swing by sidestepping and bashing Trixie's metal covered hoof into Twlight's muzzle. Trixie kicked Twilight Sparkle in the chest, sending her to the ground. Trixie twisted her body for an angled swing, but it connected with sheer wood as Twilight teleported out of the way. Trixie pulled her sword out with ease, calmly walking towards Twilight while dragging her sword on the ground. Trixie sniffled behind her helmet, but was drowned out by the roars of fire and the intense moment.

Twilight's straight black stone sword collided with Trixie's titanium bastard sword, Trixie swapping from two hooves to one hoof occasionally, given that the sword's balance was on par. Trixie picked up a piece of Twilight's black stone armor to use as a small shield, however, Twilight's sword merely slashed through it like a hot knife in freezer-burn butter. Trixie aimed for an left-angled vertical strike, Twilight aimed for an horizontal strike; Twilight and Trixie were clashed in a test of might, their swords creating sparks that helped fuel the fire. Trixie quickly shuffled closer, she slammed her hoof into Twilight's shoulder, and then slammed her elbow into Twilight's temple, sending the fallen hero skidding away from Trixie.

Twilight rolled backwards, getting right back on her hind legs, sword up and ready. Trixie lunged, her sword twirled in her hoof to deflect a stab, and rammed her side into Twilight's guard. Trixie slammed her forehead into Twilight's temple, blocked a slash by Twilight, and then finally bucked Twilight into the burning throne. The throne fell backwards into the sea of fire, Twilight did too. Trixie knew that wouldn't be the end of it, it's not going to be the end of it, this siege won't end until Twilight is defeated or Trixie is slain. Either outcomes unfavorable, but a future with Twilight is virtually impossible now, Sombra's intoxicating magicka took Twilight. Tortured Twilight's mind and soul, and gave back this monster with an undying loyalty for him, with a seemingly ruthless lust for blood. Twilight isn't reparable.

So Trixie waited, staring at Luna's burning throne as if Twilight would throw herself out of it. Trixie stared at the fire, patiently waiting, because if she was arrogant and brash: Twilight can slip away to recover her strength and take command of Sombra's army, Trixie must prevent that. This war stops here, and it stops with Twilight's blood or Trixie's blood. No middle ground, no quarter, no holds bared, nothing can stop either of them now. There must be a victor, there must be a loser, but the cost of victory were significant. Trixie's victory parented a lifetime of pain for her, Twilight's victory ensured Equestria's destruction, and there won't be another chance to be a deciding fight like this one.


Up the corridor, Trixie's blade clashed with Twilight's blade. Trixie folded her forelegs upwards to block an overhead attack from Twilight, Trixie pushed Twilight back with her sheer might. Twilight stumbled backwards, creating space for Trixie's longer sword to be just as effective whilst Twilight's straight one-handed sword was useless at that range. However, this wouldn't stop Trixie from showing off just for a tad bit. Trixie's horn lit up under her hat, Trixie's eyes closed momentarily, only to shoot open her now void-like eyes; creating a blinding, fast paced strobe light to emit from her void like eyes.

Trixie shuffled herself back, then ran full speed at Twilight, who was still recovering from the stunning flashes of light. Trixie used the might of her forelegs to leap off of the ground, twisting herself to roll off of Twilight's shoulder blades, whilst dragging her sword up Twilight's left thigh, splicing the cutie mark in half, and then the haunches. Twilight screeched in a blind rage as blood shot upwards. Trixie rolled back to her hind legs, Trixie held her sword up and ready for Twilight's retaliation. Twilight blinked, her pupils vision probably still blurry, most likely seeing red from rage. Twilight apparently hates pain, Trixie noted.

Twilight's leg dripped blood, but not enough to determine injury. Her gash didn't appear shallow, but the thin blade of Trixie's bastard sword most definitely hurt her leg. Trixie blinked when she saw Twilight's horn light up in it's usual aura, her wound shutting itself in place. Trixie knows that spell, it's a way of remaining in battle by sealing the skin shut for a couple of hours, it released pain killers, but all it doesn't heal in anyway; healing spells takes too long, and Twilight probably knows Trixie would just simply cut her down while she was healing for two hours.

Trixie caught a vase to the face, stumbling backwards, and then losing her center of gravity as she fell onto her back. Trixie teleported back up for a retaliation swing, but only to be caught in the dust of Twilight running towards, and then up the spiral stairwell. Trixie growled, tucking her sword into a sheathe that materialized out of nowhere. Trixie slugged it over her shoulder and bolted into an adrenaline fueled sprint, springing up the stairway, twisting and turning, trying to catch onto Twilight's tail. Trixie failed in doing that, as the armor weighed her down slightly and made her running less maneuverable.


The dark carmine moon bled warm colors into the cold and icy night sky, the moon was beginning to set over the horizon, giving way to a peaceful morning over the war torn city of Canterlot. The streets of Canterlot were littered with weapons, broken sets of armor; the squirming bodies of the dying finally holding still as the life bled out of them, too weak to scream in pain or fear of the looming death. Birds tweeted, having finally returned after the nightlong siege that Canterlot faced. A formation of birds ranging in various breeds watched over the destruction of what once was a prosperous city laid wasted and slain.

Impaled, cut down, shot down, decapitated, and much more gruesome deaths had happened in the night; this battle was anything and everything but glorious, as it was a literal blood bath of both armies. Both armies had suffered heavy losses from each other, only the remaining survivors pulled back to treat wounds and taking the opportunity to rest. Only a few soldiers went back outside of the barracks to patrol the deathly silent streets of Canterlot, on a mission to rescue any survivors. The Sombra Empire did the same, and there were many times where both armies had opportunities to assault each rescue party, but both parties refused to do so; there was a silent truce, no words were spoken, only a small nod as the gravely wounded limp away from the aftermath of the battle.

Celestia had risen the sun, and retreated back into the barracks out of exhaustion. Neither Alicorns had the strength to continue fighting, not today, not tomorrow, maybe never have the will power to recover their strength after Sombra's uprising. Luna was horribly injured, but nowhere close to death. Alicorns don't die a normal death, they had to be struck with magic that has the potential and kinetic energy required surpass this immortal being. Twilight's magic, in this case, had fused with Sombra's influential magicka. Twilight's magic, which was fueled by emotions that are so negatively charged they could affect the Elements of Harmony, was not chaos, it was impure hatred. It was hate that can disrupt peace, which triggers the full power of the Elements of Harmony. It was Twilight's hatred that almost destroyed Cadence, it was Twilight's hatred that had almost annihilated Chrysalis, it was Twilight's hatred that can kill Celestia and Luna.

It was Twilight's hatred that had bred this war, and as it seems: it's only been a fruitless battle for Celestial Flare, but Sombra's Empire cannot gather enough momentum to take control of Equestria just yet. A stalemate, that was shifting over to Sombra's side slowly. Slowly, his Empire was winning. The capture of Canterlot would be the tide of battle changed from both armies from the offense to Celestial Flare be the defense, which only postpones the inevitable defeat. The Elements Of Harmony, or the Mane Six (minus Twilight), laid in their respective cots, hourly being taken care of by healing spells by many Unicorns. They had succumbed to the might of Twilight Sparkle, not adept enough to combat Battle Magicka.

Battle Magicka, or simply Magicka, was a unicorn's way to amplify their magical potential. With potential comes more power, more kinetic energy. Magicka was strictly used as an means of battle, instead of the usual Magic which is used in every day life. Battle Magicka works with the mind, as well as the body. Continuous use of Battle Magicka will leech away at the Unicorn's body and mind, pushing the body to the limit, and even further if the will power is strong enough. Differences between Magic and Battle Magicka, is that continuous use of Magic is only effective on the mind. The stronger the mind, stronger the emotions, the stronger the force of Magic. Magicka relies of sheer body endurance, will power, and intense emotions.

Think of it like Kaio-ken


Both ponies lay on the ground, each of them Magically drained, both physically exhausted, both ponies squirming in pain from their overdrawn usage of Magicka and the blunt end of gravity. The roof top was a dangerous place, little places to place their hooves, but neither of them paid attention to that until they both plummeted to the hard ground of Celestia's Gardens. The Elements of Harmony were drained, completely encased in stone now, unable to draw power from the lack of peace in the land that surrounded Trixie and Twilight.

Trixie's bastard sword lost it's Magicka, simply dropping the useless stones onto the ground. The armor that encased Trixie vanished along with Trixie's air in her lungs, only Trixie's defense was her sword and might. Trixie also had one final ace up her metaphoric sleeve, one final act of resistance before admitting defeat. Trixie was hoping to never use this again, but it seems like she has no choice now. The Alicorn Amulet, stuffed deep inside of the black midnight cloak Trixie wears. Trixie stuffed her hoof into her cloak and pulled out the amulet.

"Thy... shall resort to cowardice methods of magical gain," Twilight was shakily on her hooves, leaning on her sword. "Your attempts will be documented in history, as thy desperation to produce a decisive winner, on your grave!"

"Do you ever shut up?" Trixie asked, placing on the amulet once more. "I mean, honestly; this whole 'we' thing is getting harder to understand. Are you fused with Sombra? Nightmare Moon? Because I remember striking down Nightmare Moon with a spear."

"Thy knows naught a 'hing about Emperor Sombra, you low leveled braggart," Twilight growled, her eyes narrowing. "Neither Lord Nightmare"

"He tortured you for days and nights on end, Twilight," Trixie's iris's dimly glowed red momentarily before staying red, Trixie had to keep focus on her thoughts or the Alicorn Amulet will corrupt her. Forever.

"He never lied to us," Twilight defended, coughing out blood in spurts.

"Did he promise you a quick victory?" Trixie sat up, watching the transition from the blood moon, to a pale yellow sun. Both of them meaning the Alicorns are weak in health. Trixie sighed, looking back to a struggling Twilight.

"Is thy done mocking us?" Twilight could barely stand on her hind hooves, barely much lift her sword. "We will refuse a draw, Trixie Lulamoon, kill us or we kill you."

"Trixie admires your persistence, however, comma, you're being an idiot," Trixie chastised, her eyes traveling back to the sky. "Surrender, Twilight, you've lost."

"Is thine brain already being affected by the Alicorn Amulet? Heh, should have expected it from the likes of you," Twilight instigated, still in no condition to fight but her mind brimmed with the adrenaline of fighting. "Weakling unicorn trying to fight with the big ponies, such as us Alicorns."

"You're forgetting the fact Trixie bested you in combat," Trixie picked up her bastard sword, twirling it. "Trixie's last warning, Sparkle, surrender or meet a terrible fate in hell."

"That's cute, you think you can kill an Alicorn of our level," Twilight flared her wings up for support, "It will be us who will send you to hell, Lulamoon."

"Someone didn't do their research," Trixie smirked as she fibbed, her eyes glowing as Trixie draws power from the amulet. "The Alicorn Amulet is designed to dis-empower Alicorns, by leeching it."

"You dare lie to us?! You're intellectual superior?!" Twilight roared, smashing her sword onto Trixie's ready block.

"The power didn't come out of nowhere, Sparkle," Trixie continued her lie, slapping Twilight away casually. "The purpose of the Alicorn Amulet is to combat the Princesses, such if they become too powerful."

"YOU LIAR!" Twilight wailed, outraged. Twilight blindly slashed her sword, losing all rational thought. "LIAR, LIAR, LIAR!!"

Twilight swung her sword downwards, Trixie delivered an upwards slash, completely breaking Twilight's blade, and then slicing up Twilight's belly and chest, unable to get the from Twilight reeling back when the attack registered in her head. Instead of a shallow cut, Trixie had delivered a deep gash. Her mind completely bent and judged by the Alicorn Amulet, and Trixie, despite her training in mental stability, fell deeper and deeper into the honey trap that was the Alicorn Amulet. Trixie realized too late, much too late, that her exhaustion and magical consumption had actually advanced the Alicorn Amulet's corruption process.

Twilight flew backwards, breathing heavily as she landed in a patch of tulips. Blood soaked her fur and the flowers surrounding her, Twilight was a quick bleeder and add that to her heart pounding in rage added to the blood lost. Her eyes shaky as she registered pain, her snout scrunched up, teeth gritted as she let out the smallest whimper; Twilight's eyes only momentarily flashed from it's corruption state, back to the set of lavender that Trixie fell in love with all those months ago. The two year difference from today to the first time Trixie stepped hoof into Ponyville had drastically changed the both of them, better or worse was debatable, but during then: Trixie knew she had Twilight's attention. That's all she ever wanted.

Before Trixie knew, she had her sword trained on Twilight's neck. Twilight's position looked so feeble, so helpless, it drove into Trixie's chest worse than any weapon in existence. Trixie hesitated. Trixie didn't dare move the sword any closer to Twilight, at all. Trixie stared deep into the eyes of the damned Twilight, looking past all of the torrents of raw magicka, it was still Twilight. Trixie's Twilight Sparkle. Trixie's Princess Twilight Sparkle. Trixie's foreleg shook, the bastard sword wobbling along with the weapon. Like a squire in her first battle, Trixie felt frozen.

"Do you still love me, even after all this time of us slaying everyone you've ever known?" Twilight half-whimpered, half-grunted her confusion. "You're still stuck on the past, Trixie, it's over."

"It doesn't have to be," Trixie wiped the blood from her eyes before returning her bloodied left hoof onto the sword, her red eyes glowing bright red. "I didn't come here to kill you, I don't want revenge."

"What do you want, then? Three wishes?" Twilight groaned, "Finish us and be done with it."

"Do you remember that day when I snuck into the garden to meet you?" Trixie smiled, almost pleadingly. "The day we kissed under the solar eclipse? The night we danced to the sound of nothing, you dork? Do you remember any of it?"

"Of course I do, but we still don't see hot its relevant to our situation." Twilight rolled her eyes, "Genius does what it must, talent does what it can, and you had best do what you're told: Kill me."

"I..." Trixie stabbed her sword into the ground before laying down onto her belly, ears backwards. "I yield."

"Hmph, smart," Twilight's wound became surrounded in red aura, Trixie was healing her wound with the Alicorn Amulet. "This doesn't change a thing, we're going to kill everything."

"Fine," Trixie's heart burned.

"I know they executed Sombra," Twilight looked at the sky, "I can't sense his magic."

"This morning, I presume," Trixie murmured, emotion leaving her face. Her feelings retreated back inside.

"Why do you yield?" Twilight inquired, back on her hooves and peering down at Trixie. "It's not like you to yield, even though I am your intellectual superior, and soon to be Princess of Equestria."

"I would rather die now, than live the rest of my life without you," Trixie looked up back at Twilight. "I love you, Twilight, evil or not."

"Princess is not enough, I require something much better," Twilight nipped the scruff of Trixie and pulled upwards, bringing Trixie to her hooves. "Empress Twilight Sparkle, yes, that's a suitable name for a god like me."

"As you wish, Empress," Trixie mumbled.

"I don't think you realize," Trixie looked up to see Sparkle's face in a smile, a dominating look on the heir of Sombra's Army. Twilight's army. "To be an empress, I need a suitable spouse."

"Are you suggesting...?"

"I'm not suggesting anything," Twilight pressed herself against Trixie, her warm breath striking Trixie's ear as Twilight whispered. "I'm telling you to court me, make me see your worth as my lover, or in other words, if you can't wrap your brain around it: give into the Alicorn Amulet, share your mind with it."

"I'm sensing an 'Or'," Trixie commented, shuddering from Twilight's actions.

"Or die, your choice."

So Trixie did, she unleashed the floodgates for the Alicorn Amulet to mix with her mind. Trixie's eyes glowed bright red.

"I love you, my Empress," Trixie nuzzled into Twilight, finding an undying need to be as close as possible to her.

"Oh, your Empress knows." Twilight pet the mane of Trixie, her voice like velvet despite the sharp look in her eyes as she looked back at the sky.

"Was there ever any doubt?"

Author's Note:

inspired, requested, and then begged to do this, believe it or not

My raw writing style of an action sequence.

If you wish to use this as influence of any kind or use this idea, you have my permission. Just be sure to link me as original concept maker.


Pictures used:

This epic Trixie one

This epic Medieval Pic-tore

Comments ( 2 )

I found the overall premise to be very good. I enjoyed the back-and-forth of the combat, and It seemed like you had a hashed out story behind the combat.

I did notice a few inconsistencies with the story. Twilight often fell out of her speech patterns, referring to herself as 'me' rather that the royal 'we' or 'us'. The other main thing I nitpicked noticed is on a number of occasions you fell into a flip-flop of past and present tenses with the story. I don't know if this was a mistake or if the reader was supposed to be reading Trixie's thoughts, but it made the pacing of the story a bit jarring.

Overall, the story held my attention, and stood out fairly nicely as something fun to read. I personally would love to see more chapters of this story (perhaps a prequel chapter explaining what started the war in more detail?).

I thumbs up this story and hope to see more from you. :twilightsmile:

6348294

I planned for a fleshed out story, but so far, the story is lost in the wood-works.

I ended up canning the project a while ago, however, I still have the prologue chapter and the ending.

The pretenses are supposed to be in present, but it muscle memory prohibits me from sticking to one tense. I don't know why, it just does, and I know it shouldn't.

Twilight's speech pattern, yes, I notice it does fall out of order. Hmm.

Login or register to comment