• Published 19th Jul 2015
  • 494 Views, 53 Comments

Umbra Memoria - Lunaexcelsior



A terrible curse had been placed upon Darkrim and it is up to our night princess to save him. However, what she finds in his mind could change her perception of the banished prince.

  • ...
3
 53
 494

Epilogue

As the light settled down Luna saw herself standing at the gates of Darkrim’s memory. Darkrim, Isdeuh, Insomnia, Eluvietta, Gorgus and Hatite were all standing there.

Darkrim rushed over to Princess Luna and hugged her.

The rest smiled politely to her.

“On behalf of us all here, I wish to thank you, dearest princess”, Isdeuh began, “You have helped us defeat a great threat, but what is even more you thought us all a valuable lesson.”

“The past will always be with us, but we must not let it define us”, Insomnia began.

“We must learn from the mistakes of the past”, Hatite continued, while slightly smiling at Insomnia.

“So we can build a better future and fight off our fears”, Gorgus concluded.

“And for that we are forever in your debt”, Isdeuh said as they thanked the princess of the night for her contribution.

“Thank you all very much, but you have been a part of this as much as I have”, Luna said, “You have shown all the things Darkrim is capable of and you all represent him in one way or another. His fears, his emotions, his wisdom, his strength and his kindness I can see in each and every one of you. He couldn’t have asked for better guardians”, Luna concluded with tears in her eyes.

Darkrim sighed as all of his Memoriam Guards disappeared and returned to their posts.

“So I guess I will see you in the waken world, huh?” Darkrim said. Luna ran her hoof through his mane.

“You can bet on it”, she smiled as her eyes began to glow white.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just as she had gotten in, Luna managed to get and woke up on the same stool, near Darkrim’s bed. Darkrim yawned as he slowly woke up.

The Sun was already shining brightly and the birds were calmly chirping outside.

“So I take it that they are all gone now?” Darkrim asked fearfully.

“Yes”, Luna said and yawned, “They are all gone now.”

Darkrim sighed in relief.

“Now you can dream a better dream”, Luna said and yawned again, “Just like I might do right now.”

Darkrim laughed at that remark as Luna slowly retired to her chambers.

Now he only had to fight on one frontier

Author's Note:

And thus our tale draws to a close. I hope you have enjoyed this story and if you have any suggestions, ideas or anything else, leave them in the comment section down below. As always, more of Darkrim's adventures are coming up very soon, so stick around for that.

Special thanks goes to the duo Weavers of Dreams, for their amazing support and the fact that they have followed this fic since day one of its publishing. This duo makes some amazing poetry so check it out when you have the chance.

And of course, big thank you to all those who have either liked this story or added it to their bookshelves. Your support is what makes me aware that there are some people out there interested in what this schmuck has to say. So thank you for that.

So, that's it. 'Til next time, remember: IN LUNA WE TRUST!

Comments ( 10 )

Okay, first of all:

HE KNEW THE MEMORIUM GUARD EXISTED???? :pinkiegasp: That was an unforeseeable twist. Just... this wasn't what we were expecting. Holy Molotov Cocktails and grease, Batman. That was both amazing and surreal at the same time. You managed to expanded an entire idea with one line of dialogue. Whether that was luck or intended, your hitting the bullseye.

Next:

You managed to weave some good lessons into this dream world (no pun intended). Such as, forgiving the past, facing fears, and even forgiving the person who stubbornly wouldn't forgive you for the longest time. It was nice how you progressed this. If we wrote that, it would have taken at least six chapters though.

Also:

Did we miss something with the light Pegasus, or are you saving that for your next story? That was a most intriguing concept you came up with. Also, we want to see General Ares get his just desserts.

Finally:

You're welcome for the support, glad to be appreciated, we're grateful for the acknowledgement, and we will now favorite this story and look forward to the next.

God bless,
Weavers of Dreams

6269040 Thank you so much. As Hatite said, 'they were all born out of his emotions' and thus he had been made aware of their existence. As for the moral of this story, this is truly how I feel. Our past is our greatest teacher, but it is not who we are. I also wanted to show that the ideal of love and forgivness, upon which the show itself is based off, is stronger than any stubborness and fear. Love shines through when all else fails.

Second:

Did we miss something with the light Pegasus, or are you saving that for your next story?

You didn't miss anything regarding Beatrice. She is going to have a whole fic dedicated to exploring both her character and the idea of light pegasi. It's going to be m little Hearts and Hooves special. And as far as Ares goes, trust me, you haven't seen half of the diabolic things this beast has done.

I am glad ou have enjoyed this story and I hope the next one will be even better. i might take a bit longer to write it, since I am going to incorporate the Mane Six and I want to see how to write them properl.

6279034 IT'S EXTREMELY QUIET! Anyway, you'll see one of his earliest memories in the next chapter. The mistakes have been dealt with and don't worry about that period. I have made sure it does not pester us anymore :moustache:

6307289 All these commas be puttin' me in a coma

6374429 Yeah he really can hold one heck of a grudge.
6374449 And that's what I love about her character. It's a shame many writers under utilize her. Oh wel... Since the changelings failed at Crystal Empire, they moved on to Griffons.

6374534 I tried to personalize the emotion and characteristic and give them their own form.

6377488 Yeah, i tried to give a new take on his backstory. Instead of him giving one big exposition dump, I wanted to lket you see it first hand.

6377496 Wait for it....

Oh my freaking goodness! The idea behind your story is incredible. I loved it so much. Each and every guardian in its own way. You build a whole new world in that mind of Darkrim and told us his backstory in such a spectacular way.

6377509 It's as Pinkie said 'Everything is better with laughter' :pinkiehappy:
6377522 Unfortunately, their love was too mature for this world. I am glad you like the Guardians.
6377537 Well you have the important parts at least. There will still be a few things (mostly details) revelaed later on.
6377548 Thank you so much for following this story as well. i am glad you enjoyed the adventure and the final fight scene of this story. I hope you will continue to follow Darkrim's adventures!

6377559 Thank you so much :pinkiehappy::raritystarry: It took me over a month of hardwork and dedication to finish and perfect this work and seeing how it is appreciated by so many great authors just makes me smile! I hope you will enjoy other world building aspects I have planned further down the line! Stay awesome my friend :raritywink:

6377570
I will. I will read your next story soon. I promise.

Login or register to comment