• Published 12th May 2012
  • 9,435 Views, 283 Comments

The Hero of Time in Equestria - Mikoyose



Link finds himself transported to Equestria after a magical attack from Majora

  • ...
14
 283
 9,435

Cuccophobia

Link was sleeping on the couch in Rarity’s home from a cutie mark crusaders sleepover. He wanted to sleep on the couch since Sweetie’s bed only held the three of them. He stretched and yawned, still in his colt form. The ponies of Ponyville, even when he wasn’t a colt, saw him as a member of their town; not questioning the well-armed young boy anymore. Silver spoon and Diamond Tiara also stopped teasing the fillies thanks to him and his archery training with hooves. He was a decent shot but not as accurate as he is with hands. He was speaking with Zelda in his sleep, telling her about what he’s seen and what’s happened so far. She was telling him about what’s been going on in Hyrule when he started waking up, he said goodbye to Zelda as the conscious world invaded his senses. The comfortable couch meeting his soft tan fur, tunic and crusaders cape, which he used as a blanket. He yawned and got up, stretching the best he could in his pony body. He put on his hat, shield, sword and item pouch. Fixing his cape, he walked out of Carousel Boutique.

He enjoyed the sun’s warmth and the day’s peace, up until Fluttershy started walking by with an angry looking chicken. She looked at him and smiled, “Oh Link I’m glad I found you, I need some help with this chicken. She left the coop and started eating all the corn in Ponyville but now she doesn’t want to get back. Could you help me bring her back?” He looked nervously at the chicken.

“No problem Fluttershy.” he walks over and reaches for the chicken. It tries to run and he picks it up easily, it just flaps its wings as he holds it over his head. Soon the chicken calms down and Link carries it back to Fluttershy’s cottage; nearly throwing it back into the coop as he had done in Hyrule countless times before. Fluttershy reminded him that these chickens didn’t glide so they could get hurt if he did that. He apologized and put the chicken down carefully; she hopped off of his hands and ran into the coop. He sighed in relief.

"That’s strange.” he hears Fluttershy say. He looks over at her to see she’s hovering over a rooster that walks close to the ground with very long tail feathers and beady black eyes. “I’ve never seen this kind of rooster before.” She picks it up, Link gulps.

“Be careful Fluttershy I don’t want it attacking you...” he says nervously. The yellow Pegasus looks over at him.

“Attack me? Why would this little guy attack me?” She nuzzles the rooster..

He stares at the cucco, “They won’t... as long as you don’t hurt him.” She carries it over to Link and holds it out; he slowly pets the cucco, feeling its soft feathers. He smiled, “At least he’s fine.” he said as a squirrel overhead dropped several acorns and pinecones onto the cucco. It flapped its wings in surprise and jumped out of Fluttershy’s grasp. Link’s eyes widened and he back flipped away several times, staring at the cucco with pure fear. It landed where he was before and hopped a few times before running blindly towards Link. The Hylian turned instantly and shot off, putting on his bunny hood to help him get away. The cucco stopped when it calmed down and watched Link, Fluttershy covered her mouth. “Oh my...”

Rainbow dash saw him running and flew beside him, “Hey Link, why the rush?”

“A cucco is chasing me!”

“A what?” she looks back to see nothing. “Uh fearless hero,” she chuckled, “There isn’t anything there.” He looked back, she was right there was nothing chasing him and he sighed in relief as a pair of pink hooves wrapped around him and pulled him into a big hug, he pictured the Re-deads that would wrap themselves around you to try biting through your head; he breathed out in surprise. Link looked forward at the pony that was now holding him. Pinkie pie stood on her hind legs, happily hugging him.

“Link! It’s soooo good to see you again!” he was starting to turn blue from the tight hug.

“P-pinkie... can’t... breathe...” he managed a whisper which she didn’t hear, in fact she seemed to have tightened her grip around him, swinging him from side to side. Just before he passed out she let go and he took the largest breath of air in relief. She kept smiling and bounced away with an audible ‘boing’ coming from each hop. She left before he could say anything. Rainbow chuckled and sat beside him.

“What’s a cucco?” she asked. He visibly paled.

“One of the scariest things I’ve seen...” He answered, causing her to picture something akin to an Ursa Major.

“Whoa... what does it look like?” Just then Fluttershy flew over with the cucco in her arms. Link pointed to it and told her that’s a cucco, Rainbow looked at it and snorted. “What does it do? Scratch you with its fierce talons?” she couldn’t stop falling onto her back and laughing hysterically. Link stared at the cucco in Fluttershy’s hooves as she came close.

“Um Link, this chicken just wanted to tell you he was sorry for scaring you so badly.” she set down the feathered ‘beast’ and nudged it forward. It clucked as it walked over to Link, he reached out and pet it cautiously as Rainbow tried to stop laughing. Fluttershy smiled, “He didn’t mean to scare you.” She smiled warmly, Link visibly calmed. The rainbow maned pegasus managed to calm herself down enough to speak.

“Link, the hy... the fairy boy,” she laughed, “Who’s fought monsters that were bigger than him is scared of a little chicken!” she nearly fell over laughing again.

He looked at her, “They’re not scary unless you hurt them and they can be very useful especially to save yourself from a large fall.” he commented. Rainbow immediately stopped laughing.

“You mean that a chicken can stop you from falling?” She asked and he nodded. “I don’t believe it.” He looked at her and picked up the cucco, saying to test it. Fluttershy was going to object but Rainbow had already picked up Link and shot into the air, climbing higher and higher. Fluttershy watched in fear, shakily spreading her wings to follow them up; fighting the fear that was trying to clamp her wings shut. She took off with speed derived entirely from that same fear.

“STOP!” she shouted as Rainbow dash let go, she continued her flight towards the hylian and the chicken but slowed down when she saw the cucco had it’s wings spread out and it was gliding down with Link still tightly holding it. Fluttershy’s jaw dropped, the first thought that came to her mind was that chickens couldn’t fly or even glide let alone hold up Link. She blinked a few times and floated next to them on their slow descent towards Ponyville. Rainbow dash was laughing and flying circles around them.

“Oh my gosh! This is so awesome! Do all chicken,” she began

“Cucco.” he corrected her.

“Whatever, do they all do that?” he nodded in reply. “Do they fly on their own too?” he shook his head and she shrugged, “This is still awesome.”

“C-could we land now please?” Her voice cracked as she worriedly stares at them while they started nearing Ponyville, wondering how long Link could hold on and how long the cucco could hold them both flying. She never took her eyes off of them both while Rainbow dash flew around the three of them excitedly. Ponies started murmuring and staring at the spectacle above the edge of town. Link noticed that the cucco was tiring and looked at Fluttershy.

“Fluttershy, the cucco can’t hold on much longer, please take him from my hands.” he asked her. She looked surprised, “I won’t fall.” The Roc’s wings appeared on his back. “Remember?” She visibly calmed and took the cucco; Link allowed himself to fall before using the wings to land as softly as a feather. The ponies that were watching cheered and he scratched the back of his head, smiling sheepishly. Rainbow landed beside him expertly.

“That was awesome! Why are you so scared of that chicken?”

His face went white, “They’re harmless... until you hurt them enough. Then they’re the most feared creatures in Hyrule...” He looked at the cucco in Fluttershy’s hooves as she landed. “I found out the hard way on accident... I was cutting down some grass and accidentally hit it into a wall. It crowed and...” he shivers at the memory.

Rainbow dash chuckled and looked at the cucco. Not believing it she walked over, “This little guy looks harmless.” she smirked at Link. “He doesn’t look dangerous.” she raised a hoof to lightly smack the cucco, the look Fluttershy gave her made her think twice. There was so much anger in her eyes that it surprised the multi-colored mare; but she wanted to test Link’s theory anyway. She knew she’d have to do it quickly, she was just hoping for a distraction which an angry white bunny unknowingly became.

Angel had been following Fluttershy ever since she took the cucco after Link had ran away. Today was the day for his tail fluffing and he did not and was not going to wait longer than a few seconds. He ran over and started kicking her leg, she turned to him and he immediately slapped her. She looked at him curiously before he turned away and pouted, “What’s wrong Angel Bunny?” He glared at her and that was when she remembered, “Today’s your tail fluffing day isn’t it?” he just raised his nose in reply. “Oh I’m sooo sorry Angel.” she picked him up, “Let’s go fluff your tail twice.” he shakes his head, “Three times?” again he shakes his head, “Okay four times and I’ll make your favorite dish too, is that alright?” he smiles and nods excitedly. She picks him up and looks at the cucco, Link was holding it. “Keep him safe Link.” he nodded and she left, trusting the cucco to him.

As soon as she was out of earshot Rainbow dash took the cucco, “Rainbow Dash! Give him back!” Link shouted as she looked the cucco over.

“In a minute I’m doing something.” she waved a hoof, No sharp talons, decent wings, that beak doesn’t look dangerous “I don’t see what’s so scary.” She lands and drops the cucco. “So you just hurt it and it gets scary?” He was about to nod when he realized what she was thinking. Time seemed to slow down for Link as he watched her pivot around and raise her hind legs, her lower back rising as she prepared to buck the unsuspecting cucco; it was pecking at the ground and facing the opposite direction. Link ran and dove to push the cucco out of the way; he wasn’t fast enough. She bucked the cucco so hard that it flew into the side of a building in a spray of feathers ending with a loud whack as it made an imprint. Everything seemed to go silent, even the birds and bees when silent with everypony staring at the cucco as it fell off the building.

“Uh... I think I hit it too hard.” Rainbow said sheepishly. The ponies watched and muttered about how Rainbow obviously bucked the poor ‘chicken’ too hard; they all gasped as the cucco sat up, raised it’s head and crowed loudly. The sound was loud enough to echo for a large distance but strangely didn’t injure the ponies’ ears. Link stood up and looked at the ponies assembled.

“RUN! Hide inside your homes and close all entrances!” he shouted to them before running away himself. The ponies all watched him leave before the cucco charged Rainbow, quickly they heard a strange noise. Upon looking around hundreds of cucco were flying towards the town. They all panicked and did as Link told them. Rainbow dash on the other hand was trying to avoid getting pecked, failing when she saw the other cucco and the ponies disappear practically instantly. She flew to her home but was stopped by an angry white wall of cucco; she sped up to fly through them all. They swarmed her and began their pecking assault. A single peck hurt, amplified by hundreds in the same place as well as everywhere else hurt more than crashing through a tower of boulders repeatedly.

She tried to fly away from them only to have them follow, she was faster than them but more were closing in from another side. Her body was already bruising which had never happened before. She gave a quick look around and saw that every door and window was barred and shut; the time she wasted looking had brought both swarms upon her. She folded up her wings and dove and they followed suit, continuing their endless pecking. They were even pecking her wings, since they’re more sensitive than her body that hurt the worst; the pain enhanced by them plucking her feathers as well. “Rainbow Dash!” she heard twilight say though it was muffled by the sound of clucking and flapping wings mixed with her own grunts of pain.

She swatted them away, ending up making their pecks hurt worse so she could look for her lavender friend. The unicorn used her horn to guide Rainbow to her home in the tree. She saw the light and flew towards it as fast as she could, managing to get out of the cloud of cucco; Twilight was holding the door open for her. She flew in at her top speed, crashing into the couch and through a wall into the next room where Link was curled up in a corner waiting for it to end. The cucco began pecking the tree and windows, Twilight had already magically fortified the windows so they wouldn’t break. Rainbow looked around and felt like all their beady little eyes were on her. It was actually starting to scare her. Twilight walked in, “You didn’t have to break through my wall. Where did those other ones come from?” Link muttered something about not knowing either.

The multi-colored mare looked at her injuries, some of her fur was actually ripped off in patches, she was missing a lot of feathers in both her wings and she had missing patches in her mane, her tail was practically shredded. She hadn’t been in that swarm for long and this is what they did... she was afraid of what might’ve happened if she’d stayed longer; she shivered and looked at a window. What she saw was a blur of white with specks of orange and red occasionally as they attacked the windows, one hit it hard enough that she thought it would crack and screamed before joining Link in the corner while Twilight dealt with her injuries rolling her eyes whenever she looked at them. “They’re just being foalish.” she looked out a nearby window and began to doubt that. It had died down considerably from before but the swarm was still there, plenty of cucco had calmed down and were just pecking the ground.

She wanted to put up a forcefield but didn’t want to hurt the cucco, she was wondering when Fluttershy would notice; surely she would be able to calm the raging cucco swarm. She notices that Link is taking deep breaths; he was trying to calm himself down. She didn’t know why, “Link, are you alright?” She asked him, he didn’t answer but stood up and put on the Bremen mask, it scared Twilight how detailed the mask looked, the feathers looked to be real, the beak and the wide eyed stare of the mask that covered Link’s own eyes.

“Twilight, open the door...” he said, his legs still shaking like they were made of jelly. He raised his ocarina and started marching towards the door; strangely she heard a drum-roll repeating.

“Link I don’t think you should, especially since they seem to still be angry.” Her point proven by the cucco still swarming the windows; he kept marching, managing to keep himself steady enough to not stumble. She still saw sweat run down his neck; Twilight was worried for his safety, these cucco were the only things that made him shake in his hylian leather boots. Everypony that knew it was leather didn’t mind it much because they had and used leather occasionally, though it was made by the griffons and only a few ponies.

He looked at Twilight, “I-i-i,” he cleared his throat, “I can help.” his voice sounded steadier with that same determination he usually had. She hesitantly opened the door and he lifted the ocarina to play a song that went with the drums perfectly. The cucco seemed to calm down and watched Link walk past before following him in a line. They soon became a large moving white blanket following the boy. Rainbow dash watched from behind Twilight in curiosity, she hadn’t seen Link use that mask before but hearing the music made her want to follow him. Twilight understood most of his masks and their abilities aside from one. There was even one that she didn’t want him to put back on because it made her feel bad for some strange reason. The mask seemed to always be crying and just looking at it made her feel depressed. The ponies watched from their windows as he paraded the cucco through town towards Fluttershy’s cottage.

Somehow rumors had already spread about the devastation a cucco can cause, although it was over exaggerated greatly. Rainbow dash and Twilight followed him out at a ‘safe’ distance, or what Twilight believed to be safe, and were trailing his slow progression to the cottage. For a while Twilight was wondering why he was parading them through town, eventually it hit her, Link was taking them to the only pony who could calm them down. “He’s taking them to Fluttershy! Come on Rainbow we have to hurry.” Before the cyan mare could respond, they were teleported to Fluttershy’s cottage. Fluttershy had just finished fluffing Angel’s tail and the bunny was enjoying his favorite dish. She was feeding the birds currently, still not liking the taste of worms. “Fluttershy!” Twilight shouted, the yellow mare looked down at Twilight and Rainbow Dash, before she could say anything Twilight continued, “Link’s on his way with a large group of Cucco! He needs your help!” Rainbow dash shivers when Cucco is mentioned; Fluttershy instantly flies down to look at Rainbow Dash.

“Oh my goodness! What happened to you?!” She looked at Dash’s wounds, noticing that they were chicken pecks. “Did you hurt that poor little cucco?” She asked, her voice sounding angry. She shook her head quickly and Fluttershy gave her the stare, Rainbow instantly began sweating and tried to look away but couldn’t, something had stopped her from looking away. She asked again, “Did you hurt that cucco?” her voice was sweet like normal which scared Dash more. She tried opening her mouth but it felt like it was glued shut so she only nodded. Fluttershy stopped the stare, “You’ll have to wax Tank’s shell on your own for a week.” she said as a punishment for her prismatic friend. “Now where’s Link?” she asked before faintly hearing the ocarina and drums. She looked towards the sound and the silhouette of Link before flying over to him and the cucco parade. She smiled at Link, “Thank you Link I’ll lead these cucco now.”

He stopped playing and dove aside immediately. The cucco grew angry again and Fluttershy calmed them down quickly with chicken feed. Link looked over at Rainbow Dash, “Now you know why I’m afraid of them… Please don’t attack them again.”

“Don’t worry… I won’t.” she replied, shuddering at the memory.

Author's Note:

The final bonus chapter for this story. Enjoy

Comments ( 27 )

BOOYA! BEST MASK HAS BEEN USED!

3079610
How much I hate this picture...... ._.

To bad it's the last one I was going to suggest a chapter with Derpy and the Postman's Cap.

3162476
:ajbemused: Really? :ajbemused: REALLY?!
:ajsleepy: why didn't I think of that?
:pinkiehappy:Thanks for the idea and it may happen if I decide to...

3162565 There are possibilities for every mask:

Shining Armor and Cadence: Couples mask.

Froggy Bottom Bogg: Don Gero's mask.

Flim Flam Brothers: Circus Leader's mask.

Get into Vinyl Scratch's Club: Romani mask.

Dance Off: Kamaro's mask.

Granny Smith: All-Night mask.

3162814
....... GREAT!:flutterrage: Just great, congratulations now I want to post these up as a different story, Sidequests... :pinkiehappy: Should this be a thing? :twilightsmile: I'll let you decide

3167631
:trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftright: shhh...:trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftright: No one must know

Una

I always enjoyed a (Link to the past) super Nintendo. But this is a close second!

Edit:

The bonus stories will stay here and new ones will go on another story

3195897
Agreed!


Also, I love your icon.

3485924
Danke, :pinkiehappy: I want to get a commission for my avatar though

dude, I was going to have a heart attack:raritydespair:, for a moment I didn't find your story
but it was my computer glitching:derpytongue2:

I haven't read this fic yet, and I'm sure that I will, but make sure to capitalize "The, Hero, Time, and Equestria" Please.
Just a little tip

4385087
I'll be doing so when I can but not for a bit

4387605
That's why I chose it since he doesn't have an official birthday

4496734
That's good to hear :pinkiehappy: well see... read... um..:twilightblush: thanks

Loved every second of it

5088202
Sorry about that this was my first ever Fic and I still need to clean it up

And that is why if I ever find a Cucco, I will try to leave it alone, or kill myself if it goes rage-mode. :trollestia:

ok... I finished reading this a few weeks ago... my thoughts...
as a comedy... it fails... but then again, since it IS Legend of Zelda, Id expect it to not be a comedy to begin with, which works in its favor. I might of gotten one or two laughs outta it though.
the authors notes inside the chapter get annoying, but dont derail the story.
the two times you interrupted the story to have side plots was not a good idea. Yes, you worked it into the story in the end, but it was VERY awkward to be reading about Link going outside to show off his mask powers, only to having to stop everyone from stealing his mask of truth, to suddenly acting like it never happened as hes about to show off his powers. maybe if that came after that.
Overall, this WAS a good read. If the problems were fixed, Id say this was one of the best Zelda crossovers Ive read. Also props for being one of the few to have finished a Majoras Mask crossover story.

It's Kinda funny seeing the Cucco's new behavior in Hyrule Warriors.......... A literal ARMY OF CUCCO!

Comment posted by Grassy Blade deleted Dec 9th, 2015
Comment posted by Grassy Blade deleted Dec 9th, 2015

580708 funnily enough you mention that, because while Celts in this world acknowledge a pure white mare to be Epona, her most accurate depiction is, in fact, in Legend of Zelda, and she is Equestria's Creator.

Cuccos: bane of Link.... Cucco + boss = hilarity.

Comment posted by CrusadingDoomguy deleted Jul 10th, 2022
Login or register to comment