• Published 12th May 2012
  • 9,435 Views, 283 Comments

The Hero of Time in Equestria - Mikoyose



Link finds himself transported to Equestria after a magical attack from Majora

  • ...
14
 283
 9,435

Stories and a royal visit

“The Triforce: a sacred item of Hyrule, was created by three golden goddesses. Their names were Din the goddess of power, Nayru the goddess of wisdom, and Farore the goddess of courage. Before time began, before spirits and life existed, they descended from the heavens to the chaos that was Hyrule. Din with her strong flaming arms; she cultivated the land and created the red earth. Nayru poured her wisdom onto the earth giving it the spirit of law. Farore, with her rich soul, produced all life forms that would uphold the law. The three great goddesses, their labors completed, departed for the heavens. And golden sacred triangles remained at the point where the goddesses left the world.

Since then, the sacred triangles have become the basis of the world’s providence and the resting place of the triforce had become the Sacred Realm. The future rulers of Hyrule were given three stones: the Zora sapphire, the Goron ruby, and the Kokiri emerald; with those stones and the royal ocarina, one could get into the Sacred Realm to retrieve the triforce, getting anything he or she desires.

If one with a noble heart makes a wish, Hyrule will become better but if one with an evil or corrupted heart takes the triforce; Hyrule would be in darkness for years. As an extra precaution two large stone doors were placed in front of the Master sword, a sword with the power of light that was made to defeat any being with an evil will, removing the Master sword from its pedestal would open the path to the Sacred Realm." Link finished the story while Twilight was listening, eagerly writing it down with the floating quill.

"So how did you get to Equestria, Link?" she asked after the quill stopped and she read it over.

"I had recovered the stones and was given the ocarina, I also took the sword and saved the world alone," he said as if it was a normal thing, "After that my partner, a fairy named Navi, had left and I went in search of her; that's when I went into a forest and was ambushed by a being called skull kid. He wore a magical mask that caused mischief in this land called Termina."

"I had acquired several masks, some of them are magical also, I had defeated Majora-that's the name of the evil mask- and saved the world yet again before continuing my journey for Navi. I had stopped in the same forest where I was ambushed and impaled Majora, it still had some power and sent me to Fluttershy's house... cottage." he said while watching the quill float and write on its own.

"You saved the world twice! and on your own!?" she yelled, her jaw falling.

"Yeah i did, but I nearly died several times in Hyrule and in Termina." he said taking out the half empty bottle of milk and drinking the rest, sighing with content as he returned it to his pouch.

"Wow, you saved the world twice by yourself." she repeated to herself in wonder. "What! Who?" a voice said outside the window above Link, he looked up as the window was pushed open by a cyan colored pegasus with a rainbow mane flew in landing on the floor softly in front of Link "Hello Rainbow dash, I was referring to the 'Hylian' behind you." Twilight sparkle said to the pony named Rainbow dash who replied "Hy-what now? What's that?" looking over her shoulder at Link sitting on the couch swinging his legs with a smile on his face. He waved at Rainbow who squinted at him then turned back to Twilight "This pipsqueak saved the world?" she asked, her disbelief clear on her face. "Yes Link saved his world twice." she said before looking back at Link "Link can you show me those-" she was cut off as Rainbow dash hovered in front of Link squinting as she sized him up leaning back and laughing. "You have got to be kidding." she said looking over at Twilight before returning her gaze to Link. "So how did you save the world twice huh?" she said, still chuckling, with a smirk.

"Well first I had to recover the three stones from their guardians, the first stone I received was the Kokiri emerald, I got it after killing queen Gohma in the Great Deku tree, then-" Rainbow dash cut him off by raising her hoof, "Wait, wait, wait, back up, you KILLED a QUEEN? Named Gohma?" she stared at him not believing his story. "Yes but she was an evil giant three legged spider with a single eye, she was feeding off of the Great Deku tree's life energy, I shot her in the eye with my slingshot, which stunned her long enough for me to get the final blow." he said, seeing the quill continue to write. he continued "Then I went towards the castle to find the 'destined princess' who was Zelda. She told me to find the other two stones and return them to her, I agreed and she gave me a note to give to the guard at Death mountain." Twilight interrupted "DEATH mountain? Why is it called that?" she asked curiosity getting the best of her.

"Well it's called that because it's an active Volcano, the only ones who live there are the people living at the base of the mountain, in Kakariko village, and the Gorons living inside the mountain, the Gorons are a race of people with bodies as strong as steel and bodies like rocks." Link said guessing their next question "To get the stone there I had to go into the Dodongo cavern." he said watching Rainbow dash lay on the floor the questioning look still on her face. "I went in after the Goron leader gave me this bracelet." he said raising his left arm showing them the golden band on his wrist with a black imprint on it. "That symbol is the symbol of the Gorons." he said pointing to the imprint, "The opening to the cavern was blocked by a large boulder, so I blew it up to get inside." Rainbow dash's eyes open wide "You blew up a rock? That's so cool!" she said, the disbelief replaced by excitement "Then what did you do?" she said leaning closer to Link as she listened.

"Well the next thing I did was go through the cavern killing the monsters inside, until I reached the lair of King Dodongo, a giant fire breathing lizard with skin as hard as steel, I couldn't hurt it from the outside so I picked the bombflowers that were nearby and threw the bombs into its mouth until it died." Link explained before continuing "I had left the cavern to be met outside by Darunia -the Goron chief- he made me an honorary Goron brother, and gave me the stone. After that I went to the next guardian, in the Zora's domain, there I had to find the Zora king's daughter. She was inside of Jabbun -their guardian- inside of him I found her, but she didn't want to leave until she found the stone I was after, it was given to her by her mother and when she found it I had to fight a giant electric jellyfish thing. After that she gave me the stone, which at that moment I had not known that I had been engaged to her." Link received some laughter from both ponies making his face flush.

As he was going to continue somepony knocked on the door, Twilight set the quill and paper down to answer it. Link looked over Twilight's shoulder seeing a white pony with a violet mane, and tail that were curled at the ends, packs strapped onto her back and a horn sticking out of her head. She notices Link staring and looks to Twilight then Rainbow "Twilight darling, what is this thing?" she said pointing a hoof, with slight disgust at Link. He stood up and bowed "Hello, my name is Link. I was just telling Twilight sparkle and Rainbow dash here about my travels." he said as the white mare's eyes zoned in on his golden bracelet.

She pushed past Twilight stopping bringing her face to look at it closely "This is an exquisite bracelet." she said her eyes twinkling as she stared at his bracelet. "May I try it on?" she said, her eyes never leaving the bracelet, "Sure but I'm going to need it back though." Link said with a smile sliding the bracelet off, when he did the mare's horn glowed and Link's bracelet flew out of his hand, sliding it on her hoof as she raised it. Twilight trotted next to the white mare as she admired the bracelet, "Rarity, is there a reason your here?" Twilight asked Rarity who stopped admiring the bracelet and looked at Twilight "Yes there is a reason." she said putting her hoof down "Which is better?" she said her horn glowing again as two gems and a dress floated out of her packs, one gem is a sapphire, the other is a ruby, she looked expectantly at Twilight. "Hmm, the ruby looks good but I would say the sapphire is better." Twilight said after considering them both.

"I thought so." Rarity said as she put the ruby away placing the sapphire on the dress underneath the neckline, and placing the dress carefully back and trotting towards the door. "Excuse me Rarity?" She stopped and looked back at Link "Yes?" she asked "Can i have my bracelet back?" he said holding out his hand, she looked at his hand then down to her hoof pouting, then looking up at Link with a nearly pleading face as she asked "Can I keep it?" he looked at her thought it over before saying "No, sorry but I may need it. It increases my strength so I can pluck the bombflowers." he said with a sorry face. Rarity looked downcast but reluctantly slid the bracelet off floating it back over to Link, who smiled "Thank you and sorry, again." he said as Rainbow dash stomped her hoof making a loud clop.

"Can you continue the story I want to know what happens next." she said tapping her hoof impatiently. Rarity looked at Rainbow then to Link, "What is the story about?" she said looking to Link with curiosity in her eyes. "Well Rarity Link here was telling us about how he saved the land of Hyrule where he came from." Twilight answered for Link, "Yeah he just got engaged to someone called Zora!" Rainbow dash added making Link's face turn a deeper red "Her name was actually Ruto, she was a Zora." he whispered his face turning a darker shade of red. Rarity's eyes lit up as she pushed Link back to the couch "Continue this story. Did you marry her?" she asked getting comfortable on the floor as Link continued his story "Well no-" Rarity stared at him astonished as she said "What! Why not?" she said leaning closer, "Well that was because she was one of the seven sages, so she-we decided we couldn't do it. But anyway After obtaining the third and final stone I left to return to Zelda."

Link continued before Twilight asked "What's a Zora and why couldn't you marry this girl if she was a sage?" Rarity scooted closer to Link as he replied "Well a Zora is a person who is half fish. and a sage is too... 'Pure' to marry."
"Rubbish, that shouldn't stop you." Rarity said as Rainbow sniggered "Actually I didn't really want to, it was just a custom of her heritage. But continuing, I had reached the outskirts of the wall surrounding the castle town when it began raining, and Zelda came out riding on a horse, she said to get the sword before throwing this ocarina into the river behind me. I turned around as the evil man Ganondorf came in riding his demonic looking stallion, I tried to attack him but failed as he shot me with a magical attack before setting off after Zelda." Rarity asked "Who is this Zelda? Is she the reason you wouldn't marry that fish girl?" this made Link's face flush red again, after he had calmed down, "N-no, she was a princess-" he was interrupted by Rarity again "So you had a love triangle." she said sighing and leaning her head back putting her hoof on her forehead saying "You loved the princess yet you wanted to keep your commitment to the fish girl." she made Link's face turn a darker red as he stammered "N-no, t-that's not it. I-i actually h-had-" he was cut off as Rainbow dash slammed her hoof down startling Link and the other ponies. "Can you be quiet and let him tell the rest of the story." Rarity and Twilight looked at Rainbow as she looked back at Link "What happened then?" she asked waiting expectantly. Link cleared his throat as he continued.

"After Ganondorf left I dove into the river to retrieve the ocarina, and set off to the light temple-a church in the castle town- inside I set the three stones onto the podium, when I did I heard this song." he said pulling out his ocarina and playing a song (song of time). He puts the ocarina away, watching the ponies as they clap, besides Twilight who is rereading what she wrote down. "Wait Link you said you still had some magical masks. could i see them?" she asked Link stopping his story "Oh, sure." he said getting up and placing four masks down in front of Twilight she looks down at them. "These don't look magical." she said raising one that looked like a sad wooden face with her magic bringing it closer to her face to put it on.

Link quickly runs over and stops Twilight from putting the mask on "Don't put this on or you will feel horrible pain." the ponies stared at him in fear "What? if you put this mask on it will turn you into the creature that it is and it is painful I know I had to use these a lot." he said calming the ponies down "So these are creatures from your world?" Twilight asked "Can we see them?" she said looking at Link hopefully. Link looked at Twilight then, Rainbow and finally Rarity, he sighed in defeat "Fine but let's do it outside." he said grabbing his masks and walking towards the door. He reached out to open it when somepony knocked, Link decided to open it since he was there. When he opened the door he was met with the white chest of another horse with wings, he craned his neck to look at the face of this horse, it also had a horn. and a flowing colored mane and tail. "Princess Celestia!" Twilight yelled with delight and confusion, Link looked back to see the ponies kneeling, so he took a few steps back and bowed, dropping the Goron mask "Hello Twilight sparkle, I have come to warn you about a magical leak that had happened recently."

She looked at Link "But it seems that you already know about it." Link looked up, a smile on his face "Hello princess, my name's Link." he said standing straight before Twilight began "Oh, Princess Link here was just about to show us what his magical masks do outside." she said with a large smile as Link picked up the mask that fell. Celestia watched him as a grin appeared, "I was going to ask him what those were." she said stepping aside for Link to pass, he nodded nearly dropping the masks as he stepped outside, he put the masks away bringing out a blue mask that had three eyes and a wrinkled face. He looked around before putting it on, as the mask was placed he began to grow and stopped when Twilight's tree was at his shoulder. Rainbow dash flew up to his face yelling "That is awesome!" as she flies around him. He takes the mask off shrinking to his original size, and takes out the bunny hood putting it on. Rainbow dash lands in front of Link looking at his head "What does that one do?" she said as Link smiled turned on his heel and sprinted -going almost as fast as Rainbow dash flying since she caught up. Link turned around and returned to the tree putting the bunny hood away, to pull out the mask he stopped Twilight from putting on. He raised it to his face.

(Cliff hangers FTW! Well I decided to insert Rainbow dash and Rarity, the next chapter today... hopefully. Can't guarantee sorry.)