• Published 12th May 2012
  • 9,435 Views, 283 Comments

The Hero of Time in Equestria - Mikoyose



Link finds himself transported to Equestria after a magical attack from Majora

  • ...
14
 283
 9,435

Sidequest: Poisonous day part 2

Link's mask floated off of his face, luckily his blush faded. Link then turned to the now angry Twilight who had taken the mask, "Link you can't be looking into the minds of any other pony, especially Princess Celestia!" she scolded Link. He looked at the ground, his ears drooping, "I'm sorry Twilight." Twilight put the mask back into Link's pouch, "Don't apologize to me, apologize to the Princess." she said. Link turned to the still smiling alicorn. "I'm sorry Princess Celestia. I won't do it again." Celestia nodded, "I'm sure it won't. Thank you Link." Link raised his head to look at the Princess. He heard Applejack mutter, "Yer darn right he won't." Why are they treating me differently now? he thought as Twilight continued to speak with Celestia, "Princess, Do you know what could have happened to turn Link into a colt?" she asked.

Link stopped paying attention when he felt a hoof tapping his shoulder. He looked over to see the crusaders, "Link, we haven't thanked you for saving us from those Timber wolves." Sweetie belle said, he smiled, "Don't worry about it, anypony would have done the same." he said. "Yeah, but it was still cool how you punched them back into the forest." Scootaloo said buzzing her wings as she spoke. "Ah don't think even Big Macintosh coulda done that." Applebloom said, gaining the attention of her elder sister. "Applebloom you know for a fact that Big Mac is one o' the strongest stallions out there. No offense." She added to Link. He waved his hoof dismissively, "Ah know, but Link's magic mask saved us." her eyes widened and she turned to the crusaders, their faces mirrored hers as they turned on Link and said together, "Link! Can we use your masks?" Link was about to deny but Applejack spoke first, "No, ya'all can't be usin' Link's masks. They're powerful. Isn't that right Link?" she looked at him, he nodded in response.

"But you have four!" Applebloom argued, "That's one for each of us." Scootaloo added, "Yeah we could be the..." She stopped as they took in a deep breath, Link knew what was going to happen and flattened his ears to his skull using his hooves as they shouted, "CUTIEMARK CRUSADERS MASK HEROES!" The large room amplified their shouts, causing everypony present to wince, even Celestia albeit unnoticeable to the rest. Link looked up at the crusaders, the three of them were very red. He waited for the ringing in his ears to stop before he pulled his hooves away, the others doing the same. The door behind Link opened and several guards ran in, the stallion in front speaking for the rest, "We heard the screaming, is everypony alright?" he was wearing purple armor a large difference to the gold armor the others wore. Something in the back of Link's mind told him this was the captain.

"Everything is fine Shining armor." Celestia said to the white unicorn stallion. "Shiny!" Twilight yelled before galloping past Link to the captain. "Twily!" he replied before embracing Twilight. Link tilted his head at the sight he was seeing and looked at the others, they were smiling. Link leaned over to Applebloom and asked, "Who is he?" she looked him in the eyes and said, "That's Shinin' Armor. Twilight's big brother." the smile never wavering. "He jus' came back from his honeymoon ah think." Applejack added. Link nodded and looked back at the siblings before asking, "Who's his wife?" Rarity answered, "His wife is none other than the Princess Mi Amore Cadenza." Link looked at her, "I thought there were only two Princesses." he said, Rarity shook her head, "No there are three, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, and Princess Cadence, as she prefers." Link nodded mouthing an 'Oh'.

Twilight and Shining let go of each other and smiled, "What are you doing here Twilight?" he asked before noticing the other mares. "And you brought your friends!" he said and waved at them. They waved back as Twilight trotted back with Shining armor, "Shining you remember my friends right?" she asked him, he smirked and named them, "You're... Applejack." she nodded, "Howdy."
"Rarity."
"A pleasure."
"Pinkie Pie."
"Hiya Shiny!" she giggled.
"Fluttershy."
"H-hello." she said loud enough for him to barely hear.
"And Rainbow dash."
"The one and only." she answered while rubbing her chest with a hoof proudly. "Weren't you the one who did the sonic rainboom?" he asked her. Her grin turned into a cocky smile, "Yeah that was me! I'm only the fastest flier in Equestria." she boasted. He chuckled and felt small hooves tapping his armor. He looked down to see the crusaders looking at his chest plate. "Aren't you the flower fillies?" he asked them. They looked up and nodded, "But it wasn't our special talent. The wedding was exciting though!" Scootaloo said with the others nodding in agreement.

"I don't think I know your names." he said to them, crouching so they didn't have to look up. "I'm Scootaloo." the pegasus said, "I'm Sweetie belle." Sweetie followed, "And ahm Applebloom." the earthpony finished before they spoke together, "And we are the Cutie mark crusaders!" they yelled, although not as loudly as before. "We're on a mission." Scootaloo said, "Yeah, a mission!" Applebloom said, "A mission to find our cutie marks." Sweetie belle concluded. Shining armor laughed and looked to each of them, "Don't worry you'll find them eventually." he said, they looked at each other and grumbled, "Why does everypony say that?" Shining armor then stood up and saw Link, "Oh and who are you?" he asked before turning to his sister, "Is he yours?" she blushed and shook her head nervously. "No, he's not mine. He's..." she trailed off wondering how to explain it. She didn't have to, "My name is Link." he said and held out his small hoof. Shining armor gripped it and shook it hard.

Link winced slightly and rubbed it once Shining let go, he laughed again, "Sorry I guess I don't know my own strength."
"It's fine, I've been hurt worse." Link said, which seemed to shock the captain, "What!? You've been hurt worse! Who did it? Was it a bully?" Shining armor was asking. Link shook his head but was cut off by Scootaloo, "No it was a monster!" the captain looked at the filly then turned back to Link, "You shouldn't go into the Everfree young colt. Where's your mother?" he asked Link. Link looked away as Celestia cleared her throat, reminding everypony that she was still there. They bowed and apologized. "I'm glad you are all happy. But we still need to discuss what happened to Link." she stated. "Princess do you know where his parents are?" Shining asked. Celestia sighed as she remembered what happened to them, "Link isn't from here Shining armor. He is from a different world. Not only that but he is a hero there, he not only saved it once but twice and single hoove- handed at that." she corrected herself upon remembering he wasn't a pony.

Shining armor looked at Link who nodded, "This little colt saved the world twice!?" he asked incredulously. Rainbow dash was the one to answer, "Yeah this little guy." she rubbed Link's blonde mane, "Fought tons of monsters, and evil things." Shining armor looked at Link and said, "Cadence is not going to believe this." he was about to ask Link something when a voice called out, "Believe what?" it was a mare's voice, Link knew the unicorn would've paled if he wasn't already white. Link looked around Shining armor as he spun around to face the newcomer, she was pink with wings, a horn, and purple, pink and white tri-colored mane and tail that ended in a curl. She saw Link and ran to him, picking him up and hugging him, "Aren't you just the cutest little colt!" she asked Link who was having a hard time breathing from the hug, this slightly reminded him of the Redeads he had killed besides a certain detail. Link shivered when he remembered.

Cadence felt Link shake and held him out, "Are you okay? I didn't hurt you did I?" she asked him, worry the only expression on her face. Link shook his head, "No I'm fine, just... bad memories." he said, not wanting to be reminded again. Cadence put him down, "Who are your parents little guy?" she asked smiling. Link looked away again. Twilight walked between Shining and Cadence, "Um Shining, Cadence. His parents have... Passed on." their eyes widened before they nervously apologized to Link, "We're sorry. We- we didn't know."
"It's fine. I have lots of friends back in Hyrule." Cadence raised an eyebrow, "Where's Hyrule?" she asked. "Hyrule is in a different world. Cadence." Celestia said. Reminding the others of her presence again. "Hello, Celestia. I apologize for not greeting you sooner." Celestia smiled.

"It's fine Cadence. We were just trying to figure out what happened to Link." Fluttershy spoke up, "What happened while you were in the Everfree forest Link?" Link put his hoof to his chin, "Well I was following the crusaders hoof-prints until I heard them screaming. That was when I ran off the path and through a blue flower patch, until I reached them in a clearing." he said before the crusaders took over the story, "Yeah Link put on one of his masks and beat up the Timberwolves that were attacking us!" Sweetie said. "There were hundreds!" Applebloom exaggerated, "And Link beat them all up!" Cadence looked at Link, "Masks? What did a mask do?" Link was about to answer when Rainbow dash interrupted, "Link has all these magical masks that helped him save his world! They're pretty awesome if I do say so myself."

Cadence looked to Celestia, "Celestia is this true?" Celestia nodded, "This colt-boy saved his own world twice." Pinkie pie bounced in, "All by himself too!" Applejack nodded, "Yup, the little fella is know as the 'Hero of clocks'." Rainbow dash shook her head, "It's the 'Hero of time' not clocks Applejack." Applejack grinned sheepishly, "Oh, hehe, I knew that." Rainbow dash rolled her eyes. "I know what happened." Celestia said taking the attention away from Link, who didn't want all the attention. "What happened to him?" Twilight asked. "Do you remember what he said? He walked through a 'Blue flower patch'." Celestia said simply. The mares laughed when they realized what happened, "Link you walked through poison joke! Being a colt is just a joke it played on you." Twilight told the confused Link.

"A joke?" Link asked. The mares nodded, "Yes it is only a harmless little prank those horrid flowers like to pull." Twilight picked up Link in her magic, "I had no idea Poison joke could do something like this." she said as she analyzed Link while he tried keeping his hat on his head. "It did shrink me down so ah was smaller than Applebloom here." Applejack said. They all laughed as they remembered that day. Link sighed, not knowing what they were laughing about. Fluttershy looked at Link, "We have a way to change you back. Do you want to?" she asked him. He thought, tapping his chin Well I could stay like this or go back to a hylian. As Link thought he saw a sword hanging by Shining's side; Link pointed at it, "Is that yours?" Shining followed Link's hoof to the sword.

"Yes that's mine. You shouldn't touch it though, it's really sharp." Shining said, Cadence nodded. Link shook his head, "I have my own sword." he opens his mouth and reaches to his shoulder. He gripped nothing, he tried the other side, still nothing. "Really? I don't see it." Cadence added, "I don't think you should have one anyway." Link turned to Fluttershy, "Where's my sword and shield?" he asked her. She kicked the ground, "They're back at my home. Next to the bed. I'm sorry." Link sighed, "It's fine. I have the one The Great fairy gave me." he said as he looked into his item pouch, ignoring the shocked look on the couples faces.

He found it, and gripped it in his teeth before pulling it out. The Great fairy sword was long, with a green handle and an orange blade, it had words inscribed on the flat edge of the blade. Twilight saw the words, "Link, what do this scratches mean?" Link tilted his head sideways and impaled the blade in the floor. He looked at the words, "It's in Ancient Hylian. It says 'A gift for assisting my sisters and I. Thank you'." Twilight's horn glowed and a quill and scroll appeared out of seemingly nowhere, the quill was scribbling away on the parchment. Shining armor examined the sword while Cadence was still stunned from the sight of a small colt carrying such a large sword. "What kind of metal is this?" Shining asked as he gazed upon the orange blade. Link tried to shrug, "I don't know." Shining armor turned a stern gaze onto Link, "You shouldn't wield a sword. Not unless you know how to use one." Link returned Shining's gaze the best he could. "I am a master swordsman. I've wielded the legendary blade to dispel evil. I think I can handle a magic sword." Link said before he gripped the handle and pulled the blade tip out of the floor.

He put the sword away and turned to Twilight, she was studying what the quill had written down. "I would like the cure." he said confidently. "No!" Link heard Scootaloo yell, he faced the pegasus, "Why not?" he asked, "Well if you change back you can't help us find our cutiemarks. As a colt we could make you an honorary Crusader." she looked at her friends, they nodded. Link smiled, "Thank you. But I want to show Shiny how good of a swordsman I am." Shining armor smirked. Link felt his ear twitch, it aimed at a guard behind Shining they were whispering, "How badly do you think Shining will beat this foal?" one said, "I bet you a week's salary Shining wins." a second said, then they began betting on how long Link would last. This was cut off by an angry looking Cadence, "I will not see my husband hurt a young colt!"

The crusaders, meanwhile, were trying to convince Link to stay a colt, for at least the rest of the day. After a short while he decided, "Okay, how about I just beat Shining armor and then change back? just for the rest of the day." the crusaders smiled and nodded, "It's a deal." they said before Applebloom added, "But ya'all have ta Pinkie promise." Link tilted his head, "What's a Pinkie promise?" he asked. Pinkie hopped over, "A Pinkie promise is a super-duper promise that you can't break. No matter what! Or you'll lose everypony's trust..." she took a deep breath and said in the most dramatic voice she could, "FOREVER!!" Link nodded, "Okay I Pinkie promise." Pinkie giggled and patted Link on the head, "That's not how you do it silly. It's like this" she said before going through the motions: She drew an X on her chest with a hoof, before fluttering her hooves, and ending by sticking her hoof on her closed eye all the while saying, "Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye. Now it's your turn!"

Link copied Pinkie ending the same. Pinkie clapped her hooves together, "That was better than the first time Twilight did it!" she giggled, "She poked her eye!" Pinkie fell to the floor laughing. The crusaders smiled and patted Link on the back, "Welcome to the Crusaders Link!" Sweetie said, Applebloom tapped her chin, "Link is the first colt member ain't he?" Applebloom asked, "Oh yeah. He is." Scootaloo said. Pinkie hopped up, "Oh, oh,oh we should celebrate!" she reached behind herself and pulled out a large pink canon. Link still wasn't used to Pinkie being able to defy reality, but he coped. "Can we do it after I show Shining my skills?" Link said, and Pinkie nodded, her head rattling somehow. Rarity's horn glowed and Link floated onto her back. "Let's get you that cure." she said before leaving the throne room with the others following.

------------------------------------One bath later---------------------------------

Link walked outside and towards the barracks. He had been directed there by several guards who looked him over in his old form. Twilight had teleported Link's sword and shield to him and he wore them proudly. He reached the barracks, to be met by a smirking Shining armor, "That's what you look like? I won't go easy on you." he said before two wooden swords floated out of an armory, one stayed by the captain while the other went to Link. Link gripped the cloth wrapped handle and pulled his shield out. The guards surrounded them, with the exception of nine mares. Pinkie pie had somehow gotten popcorn and was eating it as she watched with Rainbow dash taking some as well.

Shining armor keeps his sword floating with his magic as he gets into a defensive stance, Link also gets into his defensive stance. They stare each other down and slowly circle their opponents.

Silence filled the courtyard as the fighters were staring, unwavering from the others gaze. The silence was broken by none other than Rainbow dash, "Kick his flank Link!" she shouted getting a small kick from her orange friend who then pointed at the crusaders. "Do your best Shining!" Twilight shouted before the other guards started cheering for their captain. Link and Shining charged at each other, they swung their wooden blades. They collided a short distance from each other, pushing the other's sword. Shining armor ended their little strength contest by pushing Link's sword to his side and thrusting his own blade forward.

Link kept his sword to his side and back flipped away from the thrust. He landed and instantly jumped forward, holding the handle in both hands for a vertical slice, "Hah!" he yelled as the swords connected again splintering from the impact. The crowd was still cheering. Nearby three alicorns watched in silence as the swordsmen clashed. Many of Link's strikes were either parried or stopped, while Shining's were dodged or blocked by his mirror shield, and to the surprise of everypony there it didn't have a scratch from any of Shining's strikes. "He is very skilled is he not sister?" Luna said to Celestia, "Indeed he is for one so small." she answered while Cadence huffed, angry at being unable to stop the fight and stopping Link from getting hurt.

The warriors continued their struggle, neither gaining the upper-hand. Link had learned much from having to fight himself along with various monsters while the guard wasn't made captain for nothing, he was trained to be an expert. Shining thrusted the magic enveloped blade, Link jumped to the side and returned the thrust, aiming for his armor. Shining retaliated by sending the sword into the base of Link's blade. The wooden sword flew out of Link's outstretched hand, Shining allowed a smirk to cross his face. Rainbow dash was about to help out Link when two pegasus guards stopped her, they smirked and continued to watch the fight. Link tried to reach his sword but kept getting cut off by Shining attacking him. Link nearly reached for his gilded sword but stopped himself and back flipped away from Shining's next horizontal slice. They stood apart gazing at each other, "That was a good fight but this is over." Shining said before charging Link. Link stood his ground and reached into his item pouch, only one item was needed.

Shining reached Link and swung, Link dove holding out his right hand that clutched the golden hookshot. The tip shot out hit the sword and brought it back to Link before he recovered from the roll. Shining armor was shocked as guards started yelling, "That's cheating!" they were closing the circle but were stopped by a very loud voice, "LINK DID NOT CHEAT!" The guards turned, jaws dropping upon seeing the princesses. They bowed and apologized, "We shall let this go for now. Please continue." the Princess of the night continued, shocking them further. They turned to Celestia who nodded her consent. The guards exchanged glances before returning their gaze to the tiring opponents.

Link and Shining were breathing hard from the battle but continued none the less. Link noticed that both their swords were cracking, he knew they wouldn't last much longer. Pinkie pie and Rainbow dash were cheering for Link, with a small cheer from Fluttershy. They clashed once more, Link's sword breaking in half. He stared at the broken wood for a short time before blocking the next strike. He backed away and did the only thing that came to mind. He held his shield out in front of him and the broken sword behind him. Twilight knew what was going to happen, "Everypony back away! Give them more room!" They ignored her warning as Link's sword began to glow. It was blue, the courtyard seemed to get darker as the wooden blade continued to glow. Shining ignored the darkening sky and raised the sword for the final strike, "This was fun." he said, Link smiled and nodded. The sword arced down when the blade turned orange, Link swung in a powerful spin attack that hit Shining armor in the chestplate and the ring it sent out sent him reeling not too far away while Shining's attack didn't miss; it caused Link to fall to his knees.

The guards jaws dropped again as they saw their captain lose to a child. Link dropped the wooden sword and fell on his back. They were both breathing heavily, Link stood up and walked over to Shining and held his hand out. Shining smiled and reached out his hoof and Link helped him to his hooves. They shook each other's hand/hoof before Cadence ran between them worriedly. She was examining Shining's armor and Link's body, "Are you two alright? You didn't hurt each other did you?" Link and Shining exchanged looks and started laughing. "No Cadence we're fine. Link you are an amazing swordsman." Shining armor complimented. "Same to you captain." Link said before saluting causing them both to laugh again. Cadence looked at her husband then to LInk, "You two should get some rest." she said. Link nodded along with Shining. Link opened his item pouch again and took out two bottles filled with red potion. "Here this is a red potion, it'll give you energy." Link said handing a bottle to the captain who took it in his magic with a "thanks". They both pulled the cork off and gulped down the contents, feeling the effects of the potion revitalizing them.

When they finished Link put the empty bottles away, he had nothing left besides a single red potion. They shook one last time before leaving the barracks, Celestia congratulated Link on winning but Luna was surprised he could do magic and such a strong 'spell' at that. "That was an awesome fight Link!" Rainbow dash said patting Link on the back, "Yeah you were all swoosh, and clack and bounce and woo!" Pinkie said ending with a little spin. Twilight walked up to Link, "I've never seen Shiny get beat by anypony! Well I've never seen him fight, but he said he was never beaten by any of the guards." Link smiled, "He is very skilled. I would trust my life to him, if it came to that." he patted Twilight's back and they followed the Princesses back into the throne room.

The princesses sat on their thrones, situated next to each other and smiled at Link. "That was very impressive Link." Luna said, "Yes, very impressive. I'm glad that you didn't harm Shining armor." Celestia smiled, it lasted a second before she put on a stern look, "Although I cannot say I approve of violence I will let this go... Just this once." she added. Link bowed, "Yes Princess and thank you." Link righted himself to see a small folded paper floating in front of him in a golden light. Link looked at the throne, Celestia's horn was glowing with the same yellow light. Link carefully took the paper and opened it, it was a letter from Zelda. The mares walked over and looked at the writing but weren't able to read it. "Wow this is some bad mouthwriting." Rainbow dash said before landing, Link shook his head, "This is Hylian script. And this is a letter from Zelda." Rarity dashed up to Link's side and nudged him, "Well go on. Read it." she said anticipating a very mushy love letter. "Okay it says: Dear Link, I have gone to that ranch outside of the castle, Epona is there. She's resting and unscathed; also the owner's daughter, Malon, asked me to tell you to come back soon and don't get into trouble. From your friend and princess, Zelda."

Link saw Rarity frown in disappointment. He chuckled and looked at the letter, "Huh, there's more: P.s I would love to hear more about this Equestria you're visiting, I will contact you later tonight. Also I think we may be able to create a portal to Equestria so we can communicate, world to world." Twilight's eyes sparkled, "Oh learning not only the history of your world, but learning the culture firsthoof!" she clopped her hooves together, "This is going to be so educational!" Link nervously scratched his head, "Well I'd have to warn you not to go out during the night." Luna stomped a hoof scaring most of the occupants, "What is so bad about the night!?" she asked, stopping herself from using the Royal Canterlot voice. "Well most of the monsters come out during the night." Link answered, Luna was about to say more when Celestia smiled and slowly shook her head. Luna nodded, "You may leave us now. Keep your promise Link." she said. Link nodded and bowed one last time before leaving back to Ponyville and the Poison joke.











(Well here's this chapter, now question, should I add a third part or continue with the story? You decide!)