• Published 12th May 2012
  • 9,438 Views, 283 Comments

The Hero of Time in Equestria - Mikoyose



Link finds himself transported to Equestria after a magical attack from Majora

  • ...
14
 283
 9,438

Forest temple/intermission

(Next chapter, Oh and if you were wondering where is Pinkie? Well she's been here raiding my fridge... again.)

Link walks into the Forest temple, he looks around, the walls were covered in moss, vines, and trees. "Wow this place hasn't seen anyone for years." Link mutters to himself as he walks into the next room. Here he sees an elevator with four different colored lamps lit around it: Red, blue, green, and purple. Link takes a step forward, four ghosts appear and steal the four colored flames, causing the elevator to move downwards until the top was level with the floor. The ghosts laughed in unison before flying through one of the five doors in the room. "Link we need to recover those fires to proceed!" Navi says after the ghosts left. Link jumps down the stairs and looks around; one door was barred with a switch above it in the shape of an eye, one door was locked, one was locked and behind a 'time stone'-the blue cubes-, and the fourth one was too high to reach. Link looks over them before walking through the only door that was open. ["I'm going to skip ahead a little." Link interrupts himself, gaining a groan from the rainbow mare, "Aw why?" she asks, "I'd like to know that as well." Twilight says, looking up from her page. "Well I'm just skipping a few puzzles I had to solve, just to shorten the story." Rainbow dash sighs before saying, "Well that's a relief." Twilight's face fell. Link looks at her, "I'll tell you what happened later." Link says to Twilight, making her smile a little before continuing.]

Link pulls the arrow nocked back and let's the arrow hit a Wall master-a giant hand monster- stunning it just long enough to impale it. Link pants slightly from all the running and climbing he had done. He wipes the sweat from his forehead and puts the fairy's bow away. "Let's hurry back to the first room Link." Navi says coming out of Link's hat again, he nods and begins walking back the way he came. He kills a few Skulltulas with a well aimed arrow along the way. He finally reaches the first room he had entered, the four lamps' flames were lit and the elevator rose. Link smiles and walks into the large open pillar. It descends to reveal a large room with bars blocking the path forward. "So I have to do something to open that." Link said to himself as he examined the room. Nothing wrong with the walls, no switches, an indent in the wall behind me, and gaps under the extending parts of the wall. Maybe if I push the wall... Link walks over to the wall and pushes it as hard as he could, to his surprise the walls spun shortly.

Link examines the room again, seeing the indent in the wall now led to a small room with a golden switch on the floor. Link walks in and was about to step on the switch when he heard a familiar noise. He jumps backwards, just in time as another skulltula falls from the ceiling. Link draws the bow and sends an arrow flying through it's hard shell, making it fall and burn into dust as all monsters did. Link then steps on the switch and hears the sound of bars raising, he smirks and pushes the wall in the same direction, this time the indent led to a wall and the other side led to a small chest. Link walks into the small room and opens the chest, inside was a bundle of arrows. Link puts them in his quiver and pushes the wall again, this time one hole led to another switch with a gold Skulltula on the wall. Link kills the golden spider, takes the medallion it changed into and presses the switch, hearing the sound of bars raising again.

"Wait, did there were two sets of bars?" Link asked himself as he stepped out of the room, and looks at the walls. Navi floats around, "Hey Link, which way do we turn it to reach that one barred hallway?" Navi asks, Link shrugs and pushes the nearest wall, the opened chest room rolled in. Link pushes the same wall, the first switch appears. "Next one should be it." Link says as he pushes the wall again, revealing the hallway. Link smiles and runs into the hallway, which led to a large door with an equally large lock on it. "Link maybe that big key you found can open this." Navi says while floating over the lock, Link nods and takes out the key; he puts it into the lock and turns it, the lock spins and the chains disappear before the lock falls off. Link then opens the door and walks inside, the door slamming shut behind him. "Huh!? Hey! It closed!" Link says before pounding his fist on the door and trying to lift it. It wouldn't budge.

Link sighs and turns around, seeing a red carpet laid down along a flight of stairs, with velvet ropes lining the sides. "Link, I have a bad feeling about this." Navi says flying back into Link's hat as he ascended the steps. at the top was just the top of the center pillar. Link walks into the rope surrounded pinnacle of the short tower, he noticed several paintings of a path leading to a large estate. "Wait shouldn't Saria be here?" Link asked, his voice echoing through the cavernous room. "Maybe we passed her. Let's go back." Navi says from inside of Link's hat. Link turn back and walks towards the stairs being stopped as three spears rise from the ground and block his only exit. A laugh then fills the room, Link turns around, meeting the dark lord Ganondorf, riding his demon steed. "Ganon! What have you done to Saria!?" Link yells at the horse rider while pulling out his sword and shield. Ganondorf just laughs again before gripping the cape on his shoulders and pulling it off to reveal not Ganon, but a burning shell that looked like Ganon.

Link gasps as the burning shell and the horse slowly float before galloping into a painting. ["this is getting good!" Rainbow dash mutters to herself as Link describes the fight with Phantom Ganon. "Wait He flew into a painting?" Twilight asked. "Well at the time I didn't know it but I was fighting a phantom." Twilight nods and writes that down, "What happened next?" Rainbow asks getting Link back on his story.] Link watches the phantom disappear as he galloped away in the painting. Link stares at the painting waiting for the phantom to reappear when out of his peripheral vision he sees him galloping away from the estate. Link quickly jump attacks him as he gallops out of the painting. The blade comes close but misses as the horse rises out of Link's range and the apparition shoots a ball of lightning at Link. Being so close Link had no time to dodge and was hit dead on by the lightning ball.

Link spasms screaming as the lightning streaks through him. He slumps to the floor as he recovers, "Link are you okay!?" Navi asks next to Link's head. Link pants and rises, "I'm fine. But attacking him is not a good Idea." Link says between breaths. "Maybe you could use your bow to hit him as he escapes the paintings." Navi suggests as the phantom approaches again. Link puts his sword away and draws his bow, aiming for the phantom as he begins appearing through the painting. The phantom raises it's staff and swings it, Link releases the arrow and it hits Phantom Ganon, stopping him from continuing the attack as he gallops into a different painting. Link smiles, "It worked!" Navi said from behind Link. When Link sees the ghost galloping back, this time its in two different paintings, Link aims at one then moves to the other. He switches between targets, until they reach the end of the road. One turns back and the other begins materializing, Link turns to the one materializing. He pulls the nocked arrow back and releases it as the phantom begins raising the staff.

The phantom growls and yells, the horse disappearing from underneath him, "That is the last time you hit me... Now DIE!" he says before raising his staff. Link fires off another arrow which the phantom blocks the arrow by spinning his staff. H laughs and raises his staff again, the staff glows and he shoots a ball of light at Link. Link raises his shield but some instinct had activated and Links arm grabbed his sword and swung it, the blade connects with the ball and it's sent back to it's owner. "What!?" The apparition yells before it was struck, the body convulsed and lowered to the ground, "Link! Now's your chance!" Navi yelled, Link spared no time and charged the apparition, before jump attacking it, "Yaaah!" Link yells before the blade connects with the phantom's head and slices through it. The phantom screams and convulses while floating before going limp while it slowly burns. Link stares at the defeated dungeon master as the real Ganondorf's voice sounds in the room, "Hey kid, you did quite well... You may be gaining some slight skill." the phantom's body floated to a dark portal that appeared in the center of the tower. "But you have defeated only my phantom... When you fight the real me it won't be so easy!" he chuckles.

"What a useless creation that ghost was! I will banish it to the gap between dimensions!" the voice yelled causing the phantom to scream in pain as it gets sent to the gap between dimensions. ["Wait Ganandorf's magic is that powerful!? Powerful enough to send things to places, like Celestia can send ponies to the moon, or the sun." Twilight gasps at the mention of Ganon's power. Link nods, "He sent his own phantom to that Din forsaken place."] The dark portal that had opened beneath the phantom disperses and a light blue glowing circle replaces it. Link walks into the light, his body floats and he's encased in a blue crystal. The crystal glows and disappears sending Link back to the Chamber of the sages.

The crystal floats down from the never ending ceiling before dropping Link in the center of the chamber, the same place he woke up in. The green space on the edge of the Chamber glows revealing Saria, "Saria!" Link yells smiling. Saria returns his smile, "Hello Link, and thank you. Because of you I have awakened as a sage. I am Saria. The sage of the Forest." She says proudly before adding, "I always believed you would come. Because I know you." Link opens his mouth to explain what happened but Saria stops him, "No, You don't have to explain it to me. It was destiny that we could not live in the same world." She smiles sadly, "I will stay here and be the Forest Sage and help you." Link nods slowly in understanding, "Okay Saria, Thank you." Link says before he's warped out of the Chamber with a few words, "I will always be your friend."

Link expected to be dropped off outside of the Forest Temple but instead he ended up next to the, now gray and dead, Deku tree. He looked around before noticing the plant that was growing, He takes a few steps towards it and leans in close to it. He was about to say something when the small sprout popped up, knocking Link away, revealing a small sapling with a face. Link looks at the sapling while he was on his back, "Hi there! I'm the Great Deku Sprout!" The 'sprout' said, Link stands up and looks at it, "Hi." He said nervously, "Because you and Saria broke the curse on the Forest temple I can now grow and flourish!" it said happily. Link walks up to the sprout that was apout the same height as he was.

--------------------------------Library-----------------------------

"That was when I learned the fate of my parents, and my lineage as a Hylian." Link says stopping the story. "Link, darling. How do you like your new 'tunic'?" Rarity asked levitating the-rupee encrusted-tunic. Link looks at it, "Uh it's... colorful." he says tilting his head. Rarity looks at Link with worried eyes, "You don't like it do you?" she asked, Link knew saying the wrong thing might get him in trouble. "No, no I like it, it's just..." Link trails off as he looks over his tunic again. Rarity's magic drops the tunic as she starts crying, "You don't like it!" she says between sobs before she brings a couch in from outside and plops herself on it sobbing, "You think it's ugly!" Link's jaw drops in shock as he tries to console the crying Rarity, "I never said that! I love it!" Link said chuckling nervously, he continues complimenting her to no avail. Applejack rolls her eyes and puts a hoof on Link's shoulder, "It's okay sugarcube. She's just a bit of a 'Drama queen'." Link calms down at this, "So she's going to be fine?" Applejack nods and Rainbow dash lands next to Applejack, "Link, please continue the story, it's getting good!" Rainbow said, her voice brimming with excitement.

Link stretches his arms before getting comfortable to continue the story when there came a knock at the door. "Spike could you get that?" Twilight asks her number one assistant, "Okay Twilight." He says before running to the door and opening it to reveal a bouncing Pinkie pie, "Hi Spikey Wikey!" she says before bouncing over Spike and back into the room, "Did I miss anything?" she asked as she bounced into her spot, "When did you leave?" Link asks, the hyperactive mare. "Oh I just left for a snack! Nachos are really good!" the other mares raise an eyebrow but shrug it off as Pinkie being Pinkie. Link on the other hand couldn't help but ask, "What's nachos?" Pinkie stops bouncing and puts a hoof to her mouth, "Oh I can't tell you that, it's a secret."
"Oh... Okay." Link nods. before continuing the story.

-------------------------Elsewhere--------------------------

Lyra stands by the open door to her and Bon Bon's home, tapping her hoof. "Come on Bon Bon!" she yells into the house. "I'm coming! It's not like he's going to leave today." the purple and pink maned earth pony says before walking into the room. "I don't see why we had to stop at home. We could've stopped after meeting up with Link." Lyra says, Bon Bon rolls her eyes, "Fine let's go." Bon Bon says, Lyra sighs, "Finally! Let's go." Lyra says before galloping away. Bon Bon shakes her head and calmly follows.

----------------------Opposite side of Ponyville----------------------

"Ugh! Where is that accursed Library?" Trixie mutters to herself as she looks around. A brown pony with a darker brown mane walks up to Trixie, "Uh Miss. The Library is-" He gets cut off as Trixie angrily turns to him, "The Great and Powerful Trixie does not need help from a commoner." she said before walking away to continue her search for the large tree in the distance to her right. The blue unicorn continues walking in the wrong direction when a green unicorn broadsides her. They fall to the ground before Trixie uses her magic to lift the other mare off of her, "Watch where you're going, you clumsy foal!" she shouts as she stands up and glares at the mare who crashed into her.

"Lyra!" Bon Bon says as she runs up to her green unicorn friend, "i'm sorry miss, she's just so excited about a monkey." she says to the hat wearing blue unicorn, "Link isn't a monkey! He was probably the one who froze that tree by the school!" Lyra shouted at her friend, "You will lead The Great and Powerful Trixie to this ape." she said to Lyra and Bon Bon, "Sure follow me." Lyra says before trotting towards the Books and Branches library.







(+2k words now for an important question, should I continue the Oot story or just skip to the fight scene between him and Volvagia? Either way that fight's coming up.)