• Published 12th May 2012
  • 9,438 Views, 283 Comments

The Hero of Time in Equestria - Mikoyose



Link finds himself transported to Equestria after a magical attack from Majora

  • ...
14
 283
 9,438

Kakariko village

Link wipes his eyes and takes a few deep breathes. Spike walks to Link and asks, "Can you tell us what happened to Volv-volv uh." When Link calmed down he answered, "Volvagia... And to know you'll need to know what happened before." The mares nodded and got comfortable before Link began. "After I had pulled the Master sword from it's pedestal I was bathed in a blue light and I had been sent to the chamber of the sages to sleep for seven years, because that was the only way the master sword would accept me." Link said answering Twilight's question before she asked it. "Before I was put to sleep I heard Gannondorf. He laughed before saying, 'Excellent work! As I thought, you held the keys to the door of time! You have led me to the sacred realm... Yes, I owe it all to you, kid!' after that I heard a second voice it said my name-"

-------------------------------------Flashback-----------------------------------

"Link... Wake up Link... the chosen one." Link opens his eyes, being met by an ocean. He was laying on his chest, he rolled over and his gaze swept over the body of an old man before looking skyward. He saw glowing white pillars rising into the ceiling so high it was pitch black to him. His gaze drifts down and he sees a green hexagonal step jutting out from the ocean, he looks to his left, as he stands up, and sees a similar step, this one yellow with an elderly man in a burly robe standing upon it. His eyes meet with the elder's before he speaks, "I am Rauru. One of the ancient Sages... Ages ago we Sages built the temple of time to protect the entrance to the Sacred realm." Rauru said to Link.

Link looks around before noticing his body, "Th-this is!" He said shocked as he looked over his longer legs and arms, "Link! You're an adult! You've grown up!." Navi said from over his shoulder. "What in the world happened to me? When I drew the master sword I felt very far away." Link says looking over his other shoulder and seeing the same blade strapped to his back. Rauru speaks from the same spot, never moving, "You are in the Chamber of Sages. The Master Sword, the holy blade that those with evil hearts cannot touch. Only those qualified to be the 'Hero of Time' can remove it from it's pedestal." Link looked at Rauru, "Well why am I an adult?" he asked as he looked over his body again. Rauru chuckled, "When you pulled the sword from it's pedestal you were still too young to be the hero. So your soul slept here for seven years." this answer shocked Link even more, "S-seven years!?" the sage nods and continues, "While you slept, Ganon invaded the Sacred Realm and obtained the Tri-force of power, and his evil dark magic continues to spread across the land."

"But there is a way to win. You must break the seals on the five temples and awaken the five Sages. If the Sages and the Hero of Time combine their powers, the evil will surely be sealed away!" Rauru said. Link looks at his, now gloved, palm and says, "I'm the Hero of Time?" Navi flies around Link, "Wow, Link, that's amazing! If the Great Deku tree heard about this he'd be surprised!"
"He already knew." the Sage said before adding, "You probably already noticed, but you are not a Kokiri. You are of Hylian blood, like Princess Zelda." Link stands there as he takes this new information, "I am a Hylian?" Rauru let Link think for a short time before continuing, "From now on... No, even more than before you will be met with many trials. As is your destiny, You must not feel bitter about it." Link clenches his fists, "I do not.I am an adult and I've been given power." Link draws the Master Sword and raises it, "And with this sword I can fight him as an equal!" If this sword has chosen me... If I am suited to be a hero. I will fight, and this time. I Will Protect Zelda. [Rarity interrupts, "So you do love this Princess!" Link blushes, "We made a promise." and rainbow dash groans, "Ugh! Can't you let him finish his story?" Rarity shoots Rainbow dash a look that she ignores, "Come on keep going Link." Rainbow says. Link clears his throat.]

Rauru teleports Link back to the Pedestal of Time where the Master Sword had been. Meanwhile in Castle town there stands the last remaining castle guard. He stands with his sword drawn before three stalfos- ["What's a Stalfos?" Rainbow dash asked before Twilight had, Link answers, "It's a skeleton knight, they wield a wavy sword and a shield, while wearing thick steel chest plates." Twilight's horn glows and a quill and parchment float over and write down this new information as Link continues.]

The guard pants while speaking, "I can't protect Hyrule any more." with the last of his strength he raises his sword, "Think I'll let you monsters do as you please!?" he yells before charging and getting attacked by all three stalfos at once. He falls to the floor as the Stalfos advance for the final blow. "Die." the leading Stalfos says in a gritty tone. He brings the sword down only to have it stopped by Link's sword. One of the other Stalfos speak when Link appeared, "So there were still survivors in the castle?" Link stares into the souless eye holes, "The ones who'll die are you." he pushes the wavy sword back before cutting the Stalfos diagonally, "That sword!" the last Stalfos says as Link pulls out his shield. "The Master Sword! So you're the Hero of Time?" Link stays in his defensive position as the Stalfos charges and swings, Link dodges the swing by jumping backwards and cutting through his armor before jump attacking the last one, cutting him in half.

["Awesome! What happened next?" Rainbow dash said as excitedly as if a new Daring Doo book had come out.] Link sheathes his sword and puts his shield back, he turns to the guard who weakly says, "Th-thank you. You saved my life. You... You were that little boy who was giving us trouble seven years ago weren't you?" Link nods and the guard laughs, "You've become a fine hero." Link crouches in front of the guard and asks, "What's happening in Hyrule now?" the guards smile fades, "Ganondorf. He has taken the Tri-force of power and became the evil king... He took over our beautiful Hyrule and turned it into this monster infested world." the guard grunts and continues, "He has gone searching for the Ocarina of time and for Princess Zelda." Link leaned closer to the guard, "Princess Zelda! Where is she!?" he practically shouted at the guard. He answers, "I'm not sure, ever since she left with Mistress Impa her whereabouts have been unknown." Link stands up, "I have to search for her." he says before walking away, the guard warns him, "Stop! The town is filled with Ganondorf's underlings!" Link continues walking.

He reaches the castle market and sees the damage done to the once crowded streets to this barren environment, where many of the buildings have been abandoned, while others had crumbled. "The once bustling castle market is now..." Link trails off. "Ugh." Navi groans, Link looks at his fairy companion worried, "What's wrong Navi?" he asks. "It's awful, I feel all this dark energy all of a sudden. I just need some time to get used to it."
"Here hide in my hat." Link says before pointing to his hat while Navi flies into it.

Link runs through castle market and turns onto the path that would lead to Hyrule castle. "This road has changed a lot in seven years." he muttered as he came upon not Hyrule castle, but a large black fortress with large spikes jutting up from the top of every wall floating above a lake of lava. "Th-that's not Hyrule castle!" Link says taking a step back in shock. "Link, I feel an unbelievable amount of evil energy... I'm scared." Navi says, hiding behind Links back. A laugh echoes around Link as a ghost appears. "Hyrule castle has long been gone. This is Ganon's tower where lord Ganondorf resides." the ghost said proudly. Link focuses his energy in the Master Sword as he swings it through the ghost in a spin attack. The ghost burns away leaving a purple flame. Link falls to his knees, "I feel tired all of a sudden." Navi flies to Link, "Link you're using the swords power too much. You need to use it more efficiently." she said. Link gets back on his feet and holds the sword out. "You're right. Even if I'm good with the sword...I have to become a powerful opponent." he sheathes the sword as Navi says, "You need training." Link nods in agreement, Navi flies back into his hat and he walks back down the road to castle market.

Link walks out of the castle town, across the broken bridge and into Hyrule field. He keeps walking across the field looking around at how the world had changed in his absence. He saw Lon Lon ranch in the distance, it looked untouched. Link remembers that the Kokiri forest is nearby and begins running towards it, I can check on Malon later he thought as Navi follows him. ["Another girl!" Rarity exclaims stopping the story again, "Yeah what's up with that?" Rainbow dash adds. Link blushes, "Well I..." his voice fades as he speaks. "How scandalous!" Rarity says excitedly, "Did you love this girl?" Link's blush deepens. "Girls, let's let him finish... If that's okay." Fluttershy says in her soft voice. Link thanks Fluttershy.]

Link runs down the familiar path and across the wooden bridge into the kokiri village. It was like Castle town, completely empty besides the monsters. Deku scrubs and Deku babas were growing everywhere. ["What's a Deku baba?" Twilight asks, "It's a large plant that has sharp teeth, it's a meat eating plant." the mares share a shudder.] Link sees one of the residents being attacked by a Deku baba, Link quickly rushes forward and slices the stem of the plant, the mouth shrinks and turns into a deku nut. Link turns to the one he saved, "Hey are you okay?" his eyes widen as he recognizes the boy as Mido his childhood rival. "Hmph. Monsters are everywhere, and it's all his fault." Mido says, ignoring Link. "Huh?" is all Link can say before Mido begins ranting, "This is all his fault! Why'd Link have to go and break the rules of the forest!? First the monsters appear, then Saria leaving, and no one can play outside! This is all Link's fault!"

Link crouches and puts his hand on Mido's shoulder, "What happened to Saria?" Mido shrugs Link's hand off and runs away, Link chases him. Link follows Mido into the Lost Woods and then to the Sacgred grove. Wolves jump out of the bushes, Mido pulls out a deku stick and charges at the first of the wolves yelling, "Get out of the woods!" Link jumps past Mido and slices one wolf before bringing his sword around and attacking the other wolf. He turns to Mido who looks up at him, "Why did you do that?" he asked. Link just brought his Ocarina to his mouth and played a song he would remember.

Mido stares at Link, "That song. She only teaches it to her closest friends... Do you know Saria?" Link nods, Mido looks at his feet, "Where is Link? I told him to come back, and I've waited, but he hasn't come back." Mido kicks a rock into nearby bushes. Link looks at the gate that would be blocking the path to the forest temple, and sees a large dog looking monster carrying a spear walk by. Link turns to Mido, "Don't worry, Link's on his way back, I'm here to help Saria. Go back to your home." Link says with a smile. Mido glares at Link, "Fine, but only because you're almost as good a swordsman as Li- me." Link chuckles, "Okay then, use your skills to keep the others safe." Mido smirks and says, "I'm already doing a good job of that." Mido then turns around and runs back through the Lost woods.

Link turns back to the passages, he looks around the corner and sees the monster walking towards him. He jumps into the path with his sword drawn, the monster roars and charges Link. Link swings his sword and it clangs against the monster's armor. The monster crashes into Link sending him into the nearby wall, Link jumps to the side to avoid another charge, and runs into a small space in the wall. The monster charges past him, Link looks down the path and sees the monster looking around, Link takes this opportunity and runs in the opposite direction. Link continues dodging these monsters until he reaches the temple. He walks towards it and sees the steps were still broken, and the tree was still there. Link tries to climb onto the steps but they were too high for him to climb. As he looks for a different path, a voice calls out from behind him, "Hero of Time." Link turns around-drawing his sword and shield in a quick motion. The man standing before Link was wearing an outfit that was shown in the history books, it was worn by the Sheikah (sorry can't think of a way to describe it).

"The flow of time is always cruel... It's speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it." The Sheikah approaches Link, "The thing that doesn't change is the memories of younger days. I'll teach you a song that will bring you back here, when the time comes." the Sheikah pulls out a lyre. He plays a few notes, Link pulls out his Ocarina and copies them. The sheikah then says, "Link, I'll see you again. My name is Sheik. To get into the temple, you'll need the treasure from Kakariko village." Sheik takes a few steps back. He raises his arm and throws a deku nut at the floor, causing a flash. Link covers his eyes. When he opens them Sheik was gone. Link sighs and leaves the forest.

-----------------------Hyrule field---------------------------

Link was walking along the path towards Lon Lon ranch. He walks up the path and sees a picture of the farmhand Ingo on the sign. He stares at it before walking into the stable, when he enters he sees Malon tending to the cows, she was humming the same thing she always did. Link walks up to her, "Malon?" She jumps at his voice and turns around, "Link? Is that you? You're so big! Where have you been these last seven years?" she asked innocently. Link was about to answer when the door opened behind him, "Move out of the Great Ingo's way cretin!" Link moves to the side and Ingo walks in, "You girl, get back to work. Time is money." he says before walking back out. Malon sighs, "I don't know how but he got control of the ranch. I'd better get back to work." Link nods and leaves. He was about to leave the ranch when he saw the horses were stuck in the race track.

Link walks over to it and sees Epona near the back. He walks to the gate where Ingo stands, "Do you want to ride the horses?" he asked Link as he approached. "Yes please." Ingo's crooked mustache twitches, "It's twenty rupees for a minute." Ingo says, holding out a hand. Link checks his wallet, he only had five rupees, "I only have five rupees." Link says, Ingo just grunts and yells, "Then get out of my ranch! Come back when you have money!" Link puts his wallet away and leaves, Ingo watching him the entire time.

"I guess we should go to Kakariko village now." Navi said coming out of Link's hat. "I don't see anything else we could do." Link says and begins walking towards the river near the staircase to Kakariko. As Link crosses the bridge he feels a cold breeze blow from up the river. "Link, there's a cold wind coming from the Zora's domain." Navi says before flying back in Link's hat. "Let's check it out after we grab the treasure." Link continues up the staircase and sees the archway that read 'Kakariko'. Link entered the village, it looked about the same as seven years ago, besides Death mountain's white cloud that was now fiercely glowing red and swirling around the tip of the volcano like a hurricane. "Well the village hasn't changed one bit." Link said before walking to the twins in front of the only tree in the village, one was laughing and the other had a fearful look on his face.

Link walks up to them, the laughing one turns to Link and slaps his back before saying, "Can you believe how funny this guy is!?" he stops in a laughing fit before adding, "He says he saw a ghost!" He continues laughing before his brother speaks, "But I did! He was in the graveyard! It was the grave-keeper!" he voice nearly cracked from his own fright while his brother kept laughing. Navi flies out of Link's hat, "Link maybe we should check out the graveyard." Link nods and starts running towards it. As Link ran into the graveyard he noticed several lamps laying on the ground. Link looks over the graveyard and faintly sees something float into one of the graves.

"Link did you see that?" Navi asked before hiding behind Link's shoulder, Link nods and walks over to the gravestone-avoiding the lamps-and pulls the gravestone revealing a hole large enough for Link to fit inside. Link looks down the hole, turns to Navi, sighs then jumps in. Link's descent slows down and he lands softly in this dark cave. He takes a few steps forward and a lamp appears. Link reaches for his sword but stops when he sees Dampe the gravekeeper with a halo above his head. Link stares at Dampe for a short while before the apparition speaks, "So are you here for my treasure as well?" He asked Link who nods confidently. Dampe smiles slowly, "Well if you want it, then you have to keep up with me." The ghost said before a section of the wall opens up and Dampe floats through it laughing, Link follows.

Link followed Dampe through this maze like cave, they took so many turns that Link would've been lost if he Dampe hadn't lit ethereal flames along his way. Link followed the flames until he saw Dampe had stopped at what appeared to be the same platform they started on. "So you kept up hmm?" Dampe says before laughing, "You are the only one who's ever kept up with me! You deserve to use my treasure." Dampe said with pride before a large chest materialized underneath him. He then disappears, leaving Link with a message, "Let's race again, but now you're stuck here!" he laughed. Link opened the chest to grab the treasure: The hookshot! This hookshot had a shorter chain and had an arrow tip looking tip on it. "I could use this to reach the Forest temple!" Link says before putting his new item in his pouch. Navi flies out of his hat, "Link, he said that we were stuck here. Maybe we should look for a way out?" she asked, Link nods with a smile and begins searching the walls and the floors for a switch or anything.

"Hey! Listen!" Navi yelled from across the room, Link looks up from the rock he rolled over. Navi was flying around a large blue cube with the symbol of the doors of time. "This has the same pattern on it that the doors had in the light temple!" Navi said as Link ran over and looks closely at the block, "You're right Navi, maybe if I play that song..." he trails off as he pulls out his Ocarina and play the Song of Time. The big blue block vanishes as Link's song finishes, revealing an exit. Link runs through it and finds himself inside the Windmill, he looks at the rotating pillar that spins from the wind blowing the mill. Link jumps off the platform he was on and sees a man holding a music box, he's spinning the crank which made a melody play through the horn.

Link approaches the man and pulls out his Ocarina; when he did the man yelled, "What! You have an Ocarina just like that kid seven years ago!" the man's eyes filled with anger, "I'll never forget the song he played that made the Windmill break." he keeps turning the crank, Link puts the Ocarina to his lips and follows the song. ["Wait is that the same song you played that made it rain?" Rainbow dash asked, Link answers with a nod, "Yes it was, and it was based off of the windmill spinning." Rainbow dash grins widely, "That is still awesome."]

Link runs out of the Windmill after the man tried attacking him. he jumps over the small fence there and sprints towards the exit, leaving just as the man began following. "We should get to the temple. Before things get worse." Link said while he was running down the steps. Navi didn't answer until Link tripped on the last step and rolled into a nearby tree. "Link! Are you okay?" Navi asks while flying around Link quickly. Link groans his response, "I'm fine. But let's try using that song Sheik taught me, it should take us straight there."
"Okay I'll stay in your hat." Navi answers and flies back into Link's hat. Link puts the ocarina to his mouth and plays the Minuet of Forest. He feels a strange wind blow, before he saw a green glow appear around him. This glow traveled up Link's body and flashed, leaving nothing but the breeze in it's wake.

------------------------------Forest temple------------------------------

The same green glow flashes. Link just looks around, "It worked! Now let's save Saria." Link says equipping the hookshot. Navi flies up to a branch, "Link aim for this it looks sturdy enough." Navi says hovering above the branch, Link nods and fires the hookshot at the branch. The chain brings him towards the branch where the tip falls out and drops Link onto the staircase. "That was fun! I wonder what else I could use this on." Link says to himself while looking down at his new item. Navi flies in front of Link, snapping him out of his thoughts, "Link we have to help Saria and release the Sage remember?" Link nods and puts his Hookshot away before entering the temple.


(Well New chapter! I'm going to work on the next one and school can't stop me!)