• Published 12th May 2012
  • 9,438 Views, 283 Comments

The Hero of Time in Equestria - Mikoyose



Link finds himself transported to Equestria after a magical attack from Majora

  • ...
14
 283
 9,438

Battle of gods

(Edit: Just finished Majora's mask, decided to add something )


Twilight kept the barrier up as Link and Majora stood before them. Discord was sitting in his chair, the distant gaze still on his eyes. Majora charged at Link sideways while spinning to attack him with his extra appendages. Link raised his arm and blocked each and every hit. Majora backed away and Link lowered his arm. He held his massive sword in both hands and swung, sending the blast out. Majora avoided it and went in for another attack. Link met Majora head on with his blade. The mask spinning against the blade's edge sent sparks flying as the tendrils hit Link's right side. Link pushed the mask back with the sword and sent out three more blasts. Majora blocked the first one, and got hit by the other two. He screamed and fell to the floor. Link wasted no time and jumped over to the mask, holding the blade downwards for a finishing blow. Majora's tendrils knocked Link away before the sword connected. Link landed on his side and rolled back onto his feet. Majora shook as he performed a spell, four large masks appeared, one seemed like one of Zecora's tribal masks, one had three green eyes and looked like a beetle head due to the pincers, the third looked like a mutated fish head. The last one was a strange goat head with a human face underneath. They circled Link and shot their own blasts.

Link hit each blast, sending it back, before sending out his own blasts. The tribal mask dodged his strike and floated higher than the others, they backed away as the tribal mask became a large warrior holding a diamond shaped wooden shield and a large sword. Link charged it. Rainbow dash watched with mixed feelings: awe, fear, happiness, and doubt. Doubt that the being Link had become could be so awesome. Odolowa, the tribal mask, put the blade on the floor and spun around in circles, the blade bouncing off of Twilight's shield and making the being spin the opposite direction. Link charged forward and jumped over the blade to bring his own down through the warrior to land behind him in a kneeling position. Odolowa collapsed and burned away as Link stood back up. "Gah!" he screamed in surprise as Majora attacked him from behind. Link flew towards the ponies shield headfirst. He flipped himself in mid-air and used the shield to launch himself back at Majora and the three remaining masks. His jump left it cracked, Twilight put more magic into it to repair it.

Link brought his sword forward as he passed majora, the blade sliced cleanly through and Majora flew away as the masks shot at Link again. He didn't bother sending the blasts back and just cut through the masks personally. Another mask began forming it was the three eyed one. The mask grew to about twice the size of the Dragon that had slept in the mountain. It became a large worm with a second head on the other end. Link crossed his arms and he glowed as he used the Roc's wings. They flew out of his back, they were larger and flapped harder as he rocketed off to fight the beast. Meanwhile one of the two left, the goat head, turned into a giant mechanical bull and charged at the shield, lightning shooting from one horn to the other as well. Link swung his sword through the worm's neck and sent a blast at Goht, stunning him. The mechanical beast slid to a stop in front of the ponies. They flinched as it twitched before them. Link used his wings to back away from Twinmold before flying forward and cutting through it. Link then flew at Majora and bounced off of him as the wings were unequipped.

Link brought his sword to level with his own body and moved to stomp on Goht as he plunged the sword into him. The mechanical creature stood up and ran towards the burning Twinmold and ran into it head on, exploding in the process. Link walked out of the fire unscathed as Majora flew at him again. Link shot him down with a few blasts and continued to cut the mask into pieces. Majora sent out a small magic field that sent Link flying away. He flipped and landed on his feet. Majora stayed back while the final mask became a giant fish and the floor became water. Link sank to the bottom and stood there, staring at the fish Gyorg. The large purple monster swam at Link with it's mouth gaping. Link dove into the mouth and exited out the tail blade first. He reached back and grabbed Gyorg's tail and swung it over his head and onto the solid bottom of this unnatural water. Gyorg breached the water and shrunk into non-existence. Link swam to the surface as the water became solid. He climbed out and watched as Majora and Discord were on either side of Twilight's shield. "Link!" They screamed as Discord and Majora turned them into stone. Majora continued to shake, the moon began to fall. Link shouted and charged at the mask full of rage.

"What's wrong? How about I smash these puny things." Majora said, Discord raised a hand and Twilight's home hovered above the ponies. Discord dropped his raised hand and the tree fell along with it. Link cut through Majora and sent another blast at Discord before using Din's fire inside the tree. The flaming sphere turned the tree to ash instantly. Link landed in front of the petrified ponies, the shield had dissipated. Link turned back to Majora and Discord, he looked up and saw the moon coming closer. He looked back at Majora and they ran at each other, Link raising his sword and Majora spinning. Instead of meeting Majora Link jumped above him and impaled the mask, Link embedded the sword down to it's hilt. The mask pulsed beneath him, Link pulled the sword out and teleported away in a green flash. Majora convulsed and floated just above Link's head, two arms and two legs shot out, they seemed to be made of the tendrils and of ligaments. Link watched, knowing what was next, he sent a blast out above the mask's top as a single eyed head popped up. Majora's Reincarnation squatted under the blast and jumped back up. He then proceeded to run around Link quickly. Link scowled.

"Why are you running Majora!" Link yelled at the, now dancing, mask with limbs. Majora just laughed and continued to hop and dance around Link to dodge every blast and attack. Link then aimed a blast just ahead of Majora as he had his back turned. He crashed into the blast and fell to the floor with a whine. Link teleported next to the downed creature and began slicing away at it. Majora then sent out another blast that sent Link flying back. He rolled onto his feet and slid to a halt. Majora rose to his feet, his new limbs pulsed and grew in size, the head fell and rose back up with a larger head holding the eye. Two large tendrils shot out his hands, they were twice his length and they wrapped around his feet. Majora's wrath roared, it shook the earth but Link was left untouched by it. The monsters that Majora had brought advanced towards the fight. Link saw them all surround himself and Majora. They didn't dare get any closer. Some of the monsters that came were also the changed Gibdos and a few of the cursed. Seeing all those ponies suffering at Majora's hand angered him even more. He tore his gaze away from the others and back to Majora.

Majora laughed, "Do you like what I've done with them?" he asked. Link sent out a blast in answer and Majora used his tendrils to bring a monster in to defend himself. The creature was a Redead, it was annihilated by the blast. The monsters didn't move, but Link could see fear in their eyes. The fear was more apparent in the changed ones. He knew he couldn't handle this like before. He came up with a plan instantly, He charged Majora, the mask then used the tendrils to summon a spiked top and sent it spinning towards Link, Link jumped onto it and jumped towards the mask, sending the top into the ground. Discord was now on his throne, Majora's mind control was gone. He sat there and watched Link and Majora fight. Even he felt a chill roll down his spine as he watched the dried corpse of a Redead reduced to nothing by a single strike. Link and Majora attacked each other, one blocking the others attack with an attack of their own. Tendril clashed with sword and neither seemed to lose any energy. He pulled up a bag of popcorn and ate it as he watched.

Link jumped back and grabbed Majora's tendril as Majora lashed out. He leaned back and brought Majora closer so he got in a few strikes before Majora jumped high into the air, throwing more tops at Link. He used Nayru's love on every pony changed Gibdo as the tops bounced off of them harmlessly. The same couldn't be said for the monsters as they were sent flying by the tops and burnt away. Majora stood back from Link, six white hands rose from the ground to surround Link. He knew what this was and stood there as the hands all grabbed him, and the dead hand rose and slid towards Link, thinking that he couldn't do anything because he was bound by the hands. Link raised his sword and swung it, severing the hands at the joints before cutting the dead hand in half wit a vertical slice. Majora then used a tendril to wrap around Link and threw him into the air before jumping at him. Link waited until Majora sent out his tendrils again and he cut the tendrils into pieces before cutting through the limbs and sending the mask crashing back to the ground, Link was using his wings, and was flying high above Majora. Majora screamed from the floor, "You cheated again! I'm going to end your friends now." Majora said turning to the mares. Link dove at Majora, using the wings to increase his speed. He impaled Majora again and lifted the sword up, sending Majora into the sky, Link flew at him again, his right hand glowing with the Tri-Force symbol.

The sword began glowing. Link yelled as he brought the sword through Majora for the last time. "Hah!" he flew past Majora, his blade leaving a glowing white trail. Majora's body cracked and a white light glowed from within. "NO!" Majora yelled as his body returned to it's regular form, the cursed mask. Link landed above it, "You shall never ruin the lives of others again." Link said. Discord laughed, "That was entertaining! Now how about we do it again?" he said, snapping his fingers, Majora was in his grasp again. Link teleported in front of Discord and threw him to the floor, aiming the tip of the blade at his neck with the right hand. Link then held out his left hand for the mask, he glared at the entity of chaos. Discord looked disinterested at first but that lasted a few seconds before it gave way to fear, then to pure terror by the Deity's gaze alone. With a shaky hand Discord handed Link the mask, Link took it and walked a safe distance from the others. He dropped the mask and raised the blade. He brought the tip down onto Majora and sent the remainder of his magic into the mask, his Tri-force began to glow again and a single white light shone down from the sky.

The light soon disappeared and left Link, still wearing the mask, above a hole where the blade pierced the floor. The light was Farore, it told him to use the Deity's power to fix what Majora had done before returning their hero to them. The moon was still falling from the sky, a tear fell from it's eye and made a crater in the floor next to him. Link agreed with the Goddess and pulled out his ocarina, in the hands of the Deity was a golden harp. The gold looked like wings that curved upwards to a bird's head on either side of the harp. He plucked the same song he had played with Lyra. The song caused the monsters to burn away along with healing the changed and the cursed. The moon rose back into the sky and returned to it's former glory, the stone mares were released from the stone. Majora's influence on the world vanished leaving only one trace that he was ever there. The Fierce Deity. Link stopped playing and put the Goddess's harp away. He raised his hands to the sides of his face and removed the mask. The light that had shone down upon him returned and the mask rose into the heavens. It was returned to the Goddesses until it was needed again.

"May your power never be needed." Link said as the mask disappeared. Discord laughed and stood over Link, "Oh look at that, your power is gone forever. Now it's time for more chaos!" he said snapping his fingers. Returning the world to his own chaos. Link shook his head and moved aside, the six mares floated into the air, surrounded by a bright light. Discord's smug smile left instantly. The rainbow beam shot into the air again and curved onto Discord, he raised his arms protectively but they didn't help him at all as he turned to stone with a scream, he held his hands out and watched his own body return to stone, and he turned his head, it stuck in the same scared shout as before. Link walked up and tapped the stone Discord. He turned back in time to see the rainbow split and cover the land in a dome. Discord's chaos had been changed back to how it was before. Link took a step forward and tripped over the crater. He stood back up and dusted his tunic off before looking in the crater, in the center was a large light blue tear-shaped gemstone that glowed with it's own light. He heard a gasp and was knocked away as Rarity took his place and held the gem up with her magic to examine the pristine gem.

"This is the. Most. Gorgeous gem I have ever seen!" she said with her eyes wider than dinner plates. Link picked himself up yet again. Fluttershy flew over to him and looked him over, worrying about him getting hurt. He said he was fine, with a smile. She stayed close just in case. "Link what is this?" Rarity asked holding the gem near Link. He looked around the blue gem, "This is a Moon's tear. It's a very rare gem that only falls from the moon every century. But that's only for our moon. I think Majora made your moon like the one in Termina." Link said Rarity's eyes sparkled. "A Moon's tear." she said in wonder, she gasped, "Ideaaaa!" and galloped to her home, a large grin on her face. The others watched her go, a bright flash appeared behind them. They turned and bowed as Celestia stood there. She smiled, "Rise my little ponies and Link." they did as she said. "I must thank you for your heroism for defeating Discord and Majora." she said to all six present. They all beamed from the praise. The five mares pointed at Link, "Link was the one who defeated Majora." Applejack said. "He used one of his masks and destroyed Majora along with four masks Majora summoned." Twilight continued.

"Yeah! Link was all like, hah! and yeah! and whoo!" Pinkie added, swinging her arms around as if she was holding a sword. "It was totally awesome!" Rainbow began, but stopped as Fluttershy spoke, "Well besides the way he looked at us. That was scary." the timid mare said cowering behind her pegasus friend from the memory. The others agreed, Link scratched his head, "I didn't mean to scare you. That's just how the Fierce Deity is." Link said, remembering the immense power that flowed through his veins, that he could control and he was happy that it was gone. Celestia had seen the Fierce Deity's power through Link's memories but not first hand like these mares had. She could still feel the Fierce Deity's magic in the air. She looked around at her other subjects, some were holding their heads as if they had headaches, they were the ones who had been cured of their curses or from being a Gibdo. Once they had enough sense and saw Celestia they bowed as well. She smiled at them all, happy that they were unharmed. The alicorn looked over the small town, nothing was out of place, even Twilight's home was where it was supposed to be. The mares had no idea what occurred after they became statues. Link turned around and walked towards the still bowing ponies. Lyra stood up and ran to Link, he waved and asked if she remembered anything, "Well I remember seeing these weird mummy things, they screamed and I couldn't move. They grabbed me and the next thing I know I heard the song we played." she explained. Link nodded, the last one who had been turned into a Gibdo didn't remember anything from being a Gibdo.

He smiled and patted Lyra's neck, "Don't worry that memory is better left unknown. Trust me." he said. She smiled and walked back to the crowd and her waiting friend. Link turned back and saw Luna was with the others, she was smiling at Link. He smiled back and greeted her with a bow. "We are grateful to you Link, for saving Equestria. And we must thank you for keeping our subjects safe." Luna said. Link thanked her. The princesses had brought Link to Canterlot and they had bestowed him with a medal for saving Equestria, they even had the Trii-force symbol embedded in the medal. "Link, this medal is for showing your courage in the face of evil and overcoming it." Celestia said, Link bowed and Luna slid the medal over his head. He stood straight and thanked Celestia and Luna before turning to the gathered guards. Shining armor had a few bruises from his fight, along with several of the guards. The captain trotted up to Link and stopped in front of him. Cadence was next to Shining armor worried about his injuries. Shining armor then gave Link another medal, "Welcome to the Royal guard Link." he said, saluting. Link smiled and saluted back. The ponies inside the throne room cheered.

Pinkie had later thrown a party for saving Equestria in the ballroom, Rarity had used the Moon's tear to make a necklace and she gave it to Luna, she told her what Link had said the gem was. Luna thanked Rarity with a hug and Link had left before the 'DJ' began blasting her music. He sat outside and watched the sky, the moon was full and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Celestia came out and sat with Link, they watched the sky for a short while before she spoke. "Link. The magical residue left over from your fight with the mask." she began. Link looked at her. "We could use it to open the portal to your world again, this time without releasing Discord. But it would be a one way trip. You wouldn't be able to come back or even contact us without releasing him again." she said. Link sighed sadly, "I understand Celestia. I am going to speak with the Great fairy before I leave." he said. She didn't know why but said it was fine. They were going to use the residue the next day, just in case it only stayed for a short time.

----------------------Ponyville-----------------------

Link rose early, and left to the Everfree forest. Using the Pegasus boots to reach it faster. Inside of the Great fairy's fountain Link spoke with the Great fairy. They spoke for around two hours before the fairy put a spell on Link. He thanked her and left back to the others. The Great fairy watched Link leave before shaking her head slowly adn returning to her fountain. Link walked back to Ponyville, the streets were still empty. He looked into the sky and saw Rainbow dash's home, he didn't want to wake her or Scootaloo so he continued towards town. He enjoyed the peace of Equestria and knew he'd miss the friends he made here. He knew that he'd be back one day, thanks to the Great fairy. He continued to walk, and went to Sweet apple acres. He thought that they'd be awake at this time to harvest the apple trees but he couldn't hear the sound of the trees being bucked. This made Link curious but he decided they were just tired from the day before. He returned to town and noticed some of the ponies who would be awake this early weren't out, not even the golden eyed mail mare was working today. Either there's no mail today or they didn't work today. he thought as he entered the library. He walked upstairs, Twilight and Spike weren't in their beds. "Strange." Link said as he searched the library. They were nowhere to be found.

Link left and went to Rarity's home. She wasn't there either, nor was Sweetie. Link used the pegasus boots to run to the school, it was empty as well. He couldn't think of anywhere else they could be, he checked Fluttershy's cottage, not even Angel was there. Link ran to the last place he could think of, Sugarcube corner. The candy themed building made his stomach grumble. He entered and saw that the inside was darker than the outside, Link walked in and a light came on, revealing the ponies of Ponyville as they yelled in unison, "Surprise!" This startled Link and he jumped backwards out of the doorway. Fluttershy flew to him, "Are you okay? We didn't mean to startle you." she helped Link up. He laughed, "It's fine, what's the surprise for?" he asked. Pinkie pie jumped out of the crowd and landed in front of Link, "For your going away party! of course!" Link smiled and followed the others inside the bakery. They each thanked him for ridding them of the monsters of his world. Some gave him gifts. Twilight had given him stacks of paper she had enchanted, so that every letter would translate to Equish, he had to burn the letter in any fire and it would get sent to Twilight. He thanked her and put the paper in his item pouch.

Rarity had gotten him some shoe polish for when his shoes got dirty. He put that in his pouch as well. Rainbow dash gave Link an autographed picture, signed by the wonderbolts as well as herself. Applejack gave Link a hat Granny smith had knit, it was like the one he wore now but had apples in the stitching. Link put it on, it was a little big and covered his head. He thanked her and put it away. Pinkie Pie gave him a large bag with the image of a rupee on the front, "I made this!" she said, it was pink and had the image of a cupcake with three balloons on it on the back. He thanked her and replaced his rupee pouch with it. The crusaders came up next, they gave him a Crusader's cape. He thanked them and put it on, that's when he noticed the gold lining the inside. "Huh, is this gold dust?" he asked, Sweetie answered, "Nope, it's a very special gold silk!." she said with a large grin. Link could see Rarity was angry. "This is Rarity's isn't it?" he asked, Sweetie nodded. Link turned to Rarity, "I spoke to the Great fairy, she can send anything to her sisters in Hyrule. I'll send some high quality gold dust. My sword is made of it. With your creativity you could do much more than that." he said. She thanked him.

Link turned as his tunic was pulled. He saw Fluttershy was hiding behind her mane. Angel had his arms crossed and tapped Fluttershy's leg, gesturing for her to continue. She held out a box, "This is for you. I hope you like it." she said before adding, "But if you don't that's okay too." Link smiled and opened the package, inside was a small silk pouch with a long thread. Link pulled it out, "What is it?" he asked. "Oh I made it for your Ocarina." she said. Link thanked her and put the Ocarina inside the silk case and hung it around his neck, it sat against his chest under his tunic.

---------------------------Later--------------------------

They stood in the center of Ponyville where the battle had taken place, Celestia, Luna, and Zelda stood there. Link said his goodbyes as the portal opened. Right before he left he gave Celestia a scroll that he had Spike write earlier. He entered the portal and stood next to Zelda he waved goodbye one last time before the portal closed. Severing him from their world. Celestia opened the scroll and read, her left eyebrow raised as she read it. A smile slid itself across her face. She handed the scroll to Twilight and her friends. It read:

I went to speak with the Great fairy, I found out a few things and I asked her to put a spell on me. She did. The spell will bring me back to Equestria through her fountain so Discord won't be released. But the spell will only activate when you need a hero. I'm going to miss you all. if we meet again Until we meet again.
Your friend,
Link

Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However that parting need not last forever. Whether a parting lasts forever or a short time is up to you.
~Happy mask salesman~