• Published 8th May 2012
  • 3,599 Views, 32 Comments

Doctor Whooves: Discord and Time - Gherkin



The Doctor meets a new enemy, one his friends have seen before...

  • ...
3
 32
 3,599

Epilogue

It was raining. Again.

He stared out of the café window, up at the dreary sky. The weather shouldn’t have surprised him; London was always like this. Still, the abundance of grey clouds above him seemed to reflect his sombre mood as he sat and dwelled upon his memories. Memories that seemed like an age away.

It was here that she had finally made up her mind. Where she had chosen the time lord over him. “What do I do every day?” she had asked him and her mother. “Get up, catch the bus, go to work, come back home, eat chips and go to bed? Is that it?”

“It’s what the rest of us do,” he had replied coldly.

She left about a year later. Went somewhere else, further than anyone could have ever imagined. Granted he had gone with her, but it wasn’t quite the same. They didn’t talk as much, and she was always distant. Until about two years later, when they both returned to The Doctor. There was a crisis that they helped to overcome, and again he was left alone. She couldn’t stay, and there was nothing left for him back with her, so he decided to stay alongside the time lord for a little while longer.

He married after a year. A military doctor, who had similar experiences in the TARDIS. There was just something about her, but he couldn’t put his finger on it. Unfortunately, that didn’t end well either.

“Your coffee, mate?”

An adolescent voice pulled him from his musings. He looked up to see a lanky, acne-riddled teenager holding out a steaming cup.

“Yeah, thanks,” he mumbled, passing him the change he owed. He took a sip of the scalding liquid, and recoiled slightly. It tasted like filth. But at least they had gotten his order right this time. Looking outside again, he was mildly surprised to see that it had stopped raining. He sat up and stretched, sighing with relief as his bones cracked, and stood him, deciding to go for a walk.

The chilliness of the mid-September air hit him as he stepped outside. The frosty breeze wasn’t much help, either. He took another sip of his coffee and set off down the street, towards a sprawl of apartment blocks not too far way. He took in his surroundings as he walked, mostly to take his mind off things.

He glanced over to a field on his left, where a group of children were playing football. He chuckled as a young boy, no older than ten, scored a goal and proceeded to pull his shirt over his face in celebration. He smiled and took another sip of coffee. It was nostalgic. He remembered his childhood on the estate, all those years ago. He would play games and skive off school just like those kids would, and he didn’t have a care in the world.

To his right were a teenage couple, giggling and hugging each other. He looked away, remembering his time with her. She only worked in a department store, so she usually had plenty of time to hang around with him. Hell, they were only eighteen, so it wasn’t like they had anything better to do. Still, things changed not too long after that, after the impossible man came from the stars in his impossible blue box.

He had reached the apartments by now. He didn’t know why he had an obsession with coming here. Maybe it was nostalgia, but it just felt like there was some sort of external force drawing him in. He gulped down the rest of his coffee, looking up and the battered and worn-down sign above him, that read ‘Powell Estate’. He laughed slightly. Of all the places in the world for an alien to come to, it had to be Peckham.

He stared up toward an block of flats in front of him. Bucknall House, a sign nearby said. He glanced along the doorways a few floor up, looking for the right number.

There it was. Forty eight. That was where she lived. He didn’t know who lived there now, but it was safe to assume it was probably some gang banger or junkie who used the place to grow weed. He turned his nose up in disgust. There were a lot of things he did in his teenage years, and not many of them pretty, but drugs were the number one thing he stayed away from. The mere thought just disgusted him.

In the distance he could hear the sound of auto tools being used. It was probably the old car workshop he used to work at. For a brief moment he considered dropping in and saying hello, but he doubted anyone he knew still worked there. It had been six years, all of them had probably moved on.

He shook his head, trying to focus on the present instead of dwelling on the past. It wasn’t much use, though, as his memories still lingered. Trying to set his mind on other things, he decided to turn around and walk away. Maybe there was a rogue alien to hunt or something.

He was snapped out of his thoughts by the sound of a large crash. It sounded like it was no more than a few blocks away, further into the estate, so he turned around and jogged towards it. Making his way towards the source of the disturbance, he couldn’t help but feel a sense of curiosity and bewilderment. He didn’t know why he was so eager to find out what it was. Hell, it was probably just a microwave or something that someone had dropped out of their window. Nonetheless, he turned around a corner that lead into a large, open plaza, and stopped dead in his tracks.

If it were possible, his jaw would have hit the ground.

Standing in the middle of the plaza, looking pristine and completely undamaged, was a large, blue police box. No, it was the large, blue police box. Normal police boxes don’t just fall from the sky, after all.

He sprinted towards it, eager to meet his old friend. A few people from their flats above were poking their heads out of their windows, still fearful of the strange disturbance, but he didn’t care. He quickly reached the double doors, and was about to pull them open when someone inside beat him to it.

An unfamiliar young man, who looked about his age, stumbled from the box, clad in a tweed jacket and bow tie. He took a few seconds to take in his new surroundings, before looking at his hands and feet in awe. He mumbled something about being “not used to this” before finally noticing the man standing above him. He walked over to him tentatively, before finally recognizing him. A manic smile spread across his face.

“Hello, Mickey!”

TO BE CONTINUED IN
DOCTOR WHOOVES: ONLY HUMAN

Comments ( 10 )

Author's Note:

Yay, finished!

I will probably get around to writing Mostly Human in a few weeks or so. In the meantime, I will be writing a sort of spin-off called Tales from the TARDIS which will detail the lives of the Mane 6 in the time between this and The Regal Sisters, as well as writing a few chapters for The Descendants.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed it! See you soon!

Gherkin8088

Wait wait. wait. No captain harkness? There needs to be some jack in here.

1331395 yes there was... DAMMIT YOU'RE THROWING TIME AND SPACE OFF COURSE WITH YOU'RE SLIGHTLY BULLSHIT STORIES!!!







ALONZY ALONSO!!!

ok, before i start reading, i will say im hoping that discord whooves shows up somewhere

Even though you completly hate my stories, I have to say.....you're stories are good....it pains me to say it but you are a good writer. Like you or not, I respect this story.

I still dont like the new screwdriver..... :ajbemused:

HES BACK!!!... Will they get to meet Jack?

I'd love to read the sequel if you ever get around to writing it. :scootangel:

Sequels?
Also is this the 11th Doctor (after End of Time) before he meet Amy?

Login or register to comment