• Published 12th Jan 2015
  • 1,127 Views, 73 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode VIII: Son of Discord - sonicdash123



Light Sparkle wishes to join the Crystal Knights but Charming Thunder refuses for her to join. Ever since the fall of Regal Crescent, Princess Celestia senses a dark presence that has emerged from the shadows.

  • ...
37
 73
 1,127

Chapter 9: Rise of the King of Harmony

Chrysalis and Meta sign the Treaty with Celestia and Luna. However, when Meta finished signing his part of the treaty, his communicator began to beep under a Code Red Emergency Channel. Meta answers it, revealing another changeling that resembled to Rainbow Dash. The Princess, Mane 6, and Charming Thunder gasped at the Changeling's appearance. "This is Queen Dusk of the Primal Changelings to Meta, we have a problem," Dusk reported.

"What is it Dusk?" Meta replied.

"Lightning Dust has took control over the Consortium. She has already put her plans to motion and has mobilized the army to invade Equestria! This is an emergency code alpha red! All Loyalist who are still loyal to my father are to report to Equestria. The Nemesis is receiving the same code and Father will be alerted about the change of development."

"How much do we have before Lightning strikes Equestria?"

"A month, maybe more."

"Metamorphosis, you have a lot to explain to do," Celestia said.

"All will be explained later. For now, we must prepare for war."

---------------------

The next day, a ceremony is being held in Canterlot as ponies from around the world participate. Twilight, Cadence, Luna and Celestia stood in front of the assembly as Celestia took a step forward and cleared her throat. "Mares and gentlecolts, we are gathered here today in celebration of a hero," Celestia said. "A hero who stood up against the forces of evil and saved countless lives dozens of times. He even saved my sister Luna at the start. But today, he has proven himself worthy to do what his father Sombra could've done. It is my great pleasure to present to you all, Charming Thunder, the new king of harmony." The doors opened to reveal Charming Thunder walking down the isle wearing a black cape as he was escorted by two red royal guards. He walked up the steps and knelt down in front of the princesses. Spike held a cushion with a metallic silver crown with a symbol that represents his cutie mark. Luna did the honors and levitated the crown then placed it on his head. He then stood up and turned to face the assembly as they cheered.

"Long live King Charming Thunder!!" they shouted. Charming Thunder along with the princesses walked to the balcony and the unicorn waved at the crowd as they cheered. He then raised his gloved hoof as the crowd grew silent.

Charming Thunder then cleared his throat and started his speech, "Citizens of Equestria. Yesterday, the Empire was victorious. Slade, no longer a threat. His desperate attack on the peaceful town of Ponyville has failed. The reign of terror is finally come to an end. My mother, a once proud queen has died and I intend to finish what she and my father started. Now is the time for peace and harmony." Army of soldiers wearing new kind of armor came out of the door and marched out of it. "Now is the time for safe and securer society." The crowd applauds as Charming Thunder raised his gloved hoof and the army continued to march. A squadron of TIE Bombers flew over the castle and deployed fireworks in the sky as the crowd continue to cheer. It was an emotional day for everyone in Equestria as Cadence walked up to him and gave him a hug.

"I am so proud of you, little brother," Cadence said as she broke the hug. Charming Thunder noticed a tear falling down her cheek and smiled.

"Are you crying, sis?" Cadence then wiped her tears and smiled.

"Of course not, its tears of joy. It is a different thing." Charming Thunder laughed as Twilight and Light stood beside him. Applejack, Rainbow, Pinkie, Fluttershy, and Rarity along with the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

"Way to go, Charming," Rainbow said.

"We love ya, Charming," Applejack said. The group then gathered for a group hug.

"Me too, everyone. Me too." Charming Thunder then turned to his daughter and walked up to her. "You have done something brave yesterday. I thank you for it."

"It was my pleasure, dad," Light said as she bowed to him.

"So what happens now?" Applebloom asked.

Charming Thunder turned to Pinkie and said, "Why don't we have a party back at the castle in Ponyvile once the celebration here ends." His friends then nodded as they walked with him out of the room.

---------------------

Outside of the Canterlot castle, the doors opened as a carriage carried by pegasus royal guards with Charming Thunder on it. He waved to the crowd as TIE Fighters flew over their heads and fireworks popped in the sky. Music played as the carraige continued to move past the isle of the crowd. On the roof of the castle, the spirit of Sombra watched as the carriage carried his son away. Starswirl appeared next to him then Amidala as they looked at each other and smiled.

Comments ( 24 )

6105559 It is finally done.

6105708
Indeed. Now the time of darkness is approaching.

6105708
Are you going to proceed with Equestria War IX? Or will you do the Wedding first and wait for me to get to Phantom War III complete? I've making plans of changing since adding 2 things at once was not a good idea. So, there is the possibility of Phantom War IV: Dawning of Darkness.

6108624 we can plan episode IX while you finish up your story.

6108985
Alright, I agree with it.

6108985 6109813 Don't leave me out of the loop. I'm the guy who jump started this thing and I'm currently writing the prequels.

6110494
You know, you always have a say in the matter. We are working on sequels and you are working on prequels.

6110494 Me and Danny are planning on making another one you can help if you want.
6110502 Violet Runner was the one who started it all. He is working on a prequel before Order 66 even happened.

6110617
So I have heard and saw. I'm working on Element of Cybernetics and HK-47 right now. But I do have 1 question: What exactly happened to Regal Crescent's Mask?

6110623 If you read Episode VIII, Slade stole it to use it because it had powers he needed.

6110645
Ok, I see. Did you hear? The InvertedShadow is making plans to adding MORE EOIs. I'll have to add them later, since I'll work with the ones he currently has on. I can't wait to see the newer ones soon. I heard one of the newer EOIs is Starlight Glimmer.

6110691 any ideas for an opening crawl for Episode IX and the plot for the story? Its just so I can set it up for later. Oh, and the assassination attempt in the wedding story is before the wedding starts. I wanted to make it like this:

If you got any ideas, comment this and I'll take it from there.

I'm thinking that this pony should be the assassin:

img00.deviantart.net/df57/i/2013/178/e/c/injustice_deathstroke_pony_by_dancesofshadows-d6an8of.png

6110691 6110737 speaking of Ideas. in the prequel I'm at the point were they meet Sombra for the first time and I was wondering if either of you guys had any ideas for what I could replace the pod race with?

6110942 I would try chariots or a betting on a pegasus race.

6110942 do you have ideas for twilight and charming thunder's wedding? so far, danny thought of an assassination attempt by remaining lunar republic members and Shining Armor along with Flash, and Nova (Dusk in disguise) stop him.

6110737
I like that idea for the wedding thing. As for the opening for Episode IX, I've already made a plan. 1st: A star destroyer comes across the sphere that holds the Medallion of Primus. 2nd: Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash are under investigation because there was a break in at the High Security Canterlot Vault. The Camera recording reported those 3 robbing the vault a few days before the invasion. While nothing was stolen, there was 1 thing uncountable: The Element of Insanity, Brutalight's Element. As for why those 3, the EOI have the ability to change appearance from their new selves to the Bearers of the Elements of Harmony (AKA: Mane 6).

6110986 how about something with Star Swirls ghost visiting Luna because, *In Maury Povich's voice* when it comes to 1027 year old Twilight Sparkle, Star Swirl The Bearded... You are the father! And if you'll remember from Order 66, Luna is Twilights real mother.

6110737
Hey Charming. I got an idea on the invasion chapter.

Meanwhile in the War Room…

Dusk said “They will probably invade directly since Lightning is cocky of her army.”

Charming added “That is only way she will attack. We must organize our ground troops and Fleets.”

Meta replied “She had brought the mightiest of the Phantom Consortium. She means to take over or destroy us for good.”

Rainbow said “The Skies will be my responsibly. I’ll see to it that those skies stay ours.”

Dusk told Rainbow “Be careful Rainbow. Lightning may be all talk, but she’s a Squad Leader too. She knows when to take the skies.”

Rainbow said “Don’t worry. We can repel any enemy forces.”

Charming asked “What about the ground?”

Meta said “Even with those AT-ATs, The Phantom Consortium has a similar force to them. They were known as Canderous-class assault tank. Their armor and weapons can rival AT-ATs. Not to mention, they have Pulse Tanks that can even rival AT-ATs in weapons.”

Shining replied “We can place some uplinks on the ground, it can help us contact and direct bombers to attacking their heavy artillery.”

Meta said “That could work but their ground troops can easily fight back and take those uplinks offline.”

Dusk said to Charming “Charming, we need you to stay here and keep the Princesses safe. Knowing Lightning, she’ll go after royalty and seize the throne if given the chance.”

Charming asked “What about my ground troops?”

Meta told Charming “Believe it or not but Dusk is a trained warrior in the ways of wielding a lightsaber. Her mentor trained her so well, she like him but different a bit.”

And you can continue from there.

6114896 Nice. I'll be sure to use that in the first chapter. I have came up with a plot for Episode IX and I want to know what you think.

War has come as Lightning Dust took over the Phantom Consortium and plots to seize the throne from the princesses. Charming Thunder, the crowned king of Harmony, along with the princesses help Dusk and King Metamorphosis to seize control of their consortium and hopefully let Celestia arrest Lightning Dust. Meanwhile in Ponyville, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash have been framed for stealing from the Canterlot vault. Cadence and Charming Thunder hunt down the framers known as the Elements of Insanity and put an end to their dark plots once and for all.

I'll work on the prologue/opening crawl from there.

6115198
It's nice and all that but you DO know that the framers raided exactly 3 DAYS BEFORE LIGHTNING INVADES CANTERLOT?

6115901 Yes. What of the Elements of Insanity? When do they come in?

6115907
My plan was to have Team Insanity come into the fight in mid-battle. Rainbine, Pinkis, Darkbine, Painset, Magic Mare, Derpigun, Scorpion, and Masquerade in the ground fight. Fluttershout, Rarifruit, and Endario provide support or medics on the ground battle. HK-47 and the HK-50s provide fire support to the ground forces. Danny himself heads to the Castle, where Lightning and a squad of Purge Troopers were heading. Oh, and Princess Brutalight is with him when he does go.

Login or register to comment