• Published 12th Jan 2015
  • 1,127 Views, 73 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode VIII: Son of Discord - sonicdash123



Light Sparkle wishes to join the Crystal Knights but Charming Thunder refuses for her to join. Ever since the fall of Regal Crescent, Princess Celestia senses a dark presence that has emerged from the shadows.

  • ...
37
 73
 1,127

Chapter 8: The Tide Turns

The Ponylorians and the changelings were being overrun as the enemy approach their position. Ponylore turned to a changeling and asked, "Did you remember to plant the mines?"

"Yes, sir," the drone said.

"Good. Then they are about to walk over it.....now." The mines explode as droids and draconequus stepped on the mines and got blown up in the process. The tank blew up along with the rest of the enemy army. The Ponylorians cheered as Chrysalis's wounds were being treated by Meta and the changelings cheered with them.

---------------------

The troopers surrounded the surrendered soldiers to make sure they don't do anything. One draconequus held a blaster pistol behind him as he readied it. "The castle is now secure," a soldier reported. "All that is left is the fleet and Slade."

"That is where you are wrong," the draconequus said as he drew his pistol out. He managed to shoot one of the soldiers but the troops surrounding the group shot him in the head.

"They can't be trusted anymore. You have my permission to execute them." Celestia then pointed at the draconequus as the soldiers dragged them to the wall and formed a straight horizontal line. The troopers aimed their blaster rifles and when Celestia lowered her hoof, they fired at the unarmed draconequus and executed them.

Twilight then ran towards the princesses as she shouted, "Charming Thunder is outside. We must hurry to him."

"You go on ahead," Celestia said. "We have to wrap things up in here."

---------------------

Slade stood in front of Charming Thunder as he got up and activated his lightsaber. "I'm going to make you pay for what you have done," he said.

"Then come meet your end, Son of Sombra," Slade said as he pointed his lightsaber at him. Charming Thunder then leaps in the air and strikes at him. Charming Thunder crossed his blade with Slade's and used his strength to push him back. Slade then twirled one of his lightsabers and strikes at the unicorn. Charming Thunder blocked the attack then kicked him in the face. Slade got back up and crossed blades again.

---------------------

The dashboards in Light's TIE Fighter cockpit glows green as she smiled. "We have power," Light said. "Lets get the shields up." An energy shield surrounded the TIE Fighter as the pilots drew their weapons blasted it. The lasers shot by the pilots and engineers were deflected by the ship's shields. The fighter then levitated in the air as Light fires its weapons at them. Some pilots ran away as others stayed behind. One of the shots went over their heads and hits the reactor core. "Oops." She then flipped switches and the engines roared as the cruiser was about to explode.

A pilot in the TIE Defender sees the cruiser and said, "What's that? It's blowing up from the inside."

"We didn't even hit it," Rainbow replied on the communicator.

Light flew through the hangar as the doors were about to close. "Now this is what I call flying."

Rainbow looked at the hangar which was exploding and sees a fighter flying out. "Look! Its one of ours! Out of the hangar." The fighter flew out of the hangar as Light cheered. The other pilots including Rainbow Dash cheered as the squadron flew away and the cruiser exploded into smithereens.

---------------------

Slade and Charming Thunder continued their duel as Slade used his tail to wrap it around the unicorn's neck and throw him. Charming Thunder grabbed his lightsaber and reactivated it as he blocked his strikes. Slade then punched him in the face which forced Charming Thunder to his knees. He gazed at his mother next to him as Slade was about to strike. Without knowing it, Charming Thunder grabbed the hand Slade was going to strike him with and slowly got up. He then shoved him away. Slade was in shock as he watches Charming Thunder levitate his mother's cross guard lightsaber and activated it. He then screamed as he gave Slade heavy strikes which forced him to move to the edge. He collapsed the the ground as he lost his lightsber from his left hand. Charming Thunder continued to strike as Slade continued to block. The ground began to crack as he continued to attack. The ground then cracked and made Slade fall to his death as he screamed. Charming Thunder gazed down at the gorge with anger in his eyes. He then yelled again as he was in pain which echoed his voice in the gorge. He deactivated the lightsabers and placed them back on his belt. He then rushed over to his mother who was still breathing. Amidala coughed then said, "It is too late...It's..."

"No!!" Charming Thunder cried. "I don't want to loose you like my father."

Amidala placed her hoof on his left cheek as she spoke. "Charming, promise....promise me you will protect Equestria."

Tears started to fall on Charming Thunder's face as he nodded. "I will, mother."

"I...am proud of you, my son. You....will be a great king. Charming....Thunder." Amidala's eyes closed as Charming Thunder cradled her and quietly weeped. Twilight and the others arrived to see him with his dead mother.

"Charming," Twilight cried. "What happened?" Charming Thunder looked up at her then back at her mother. Twilight then sat down and tears began to fall from her cheeks. She then hugged him as Celestia and Luna also saw them and that they know his mother has fallen. They closed their eyes and lowered their heads to have a moment of silence.