• Published 12th Jan 2015
  • 1,127 Views, 73 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode VIII: Son of Discord - sonicdash123



Light Sparkle wishes to join the Crystal Knights but Charming Thunder refuses for her to join. Ever since the fall of Regal Crescent, Princess Celestia senses a dark presence that has emerged from the shadows.

  • ...
37
 73
 1,127

Chapter 3: Queen of Equestria

Charming Thunder entered the chamber of the Council of Friendship after he returned from the Crystal Empire. He then saw Twilight sitting on her chair who then turned to see him. She then rushed to him and gave him a tight hug. "Are you alright?" Twilight asked worried. "I heard that something happened at the Crystal Empire. You could see the smoke from here."

"I'm fine," Charming Thunder reassured. "I just came to see if you are alright."

"What's happened?"

"The Crystal Knights were plotting to overthrow Celestia."

"I can't believe that." Twilight then looked down to the floor as Charming Thunder continued his story.

"Trixie has told me everything about one knight talking to a hooded figure she has never met before."

Twilight then looked back up at her husband as she asked, "What are we going to do?" The red unicorn turned away from her wife and thought about it.

"I will report this matter to Celestia. She was wondering about a traitor in Equestria. And I believe that Trixie should be given credit for it."

"I'll tell Trixie that you are heading to Canterlot and to meet you here."

"That won't be necessary, dear. I already told her to meet me at the hangar of the castle before I marched into the temple." Twilight then felt worried as Charming Thunder walked up to her and raised her chin to his eye level. Have faith, my love. Soon everything will be over. for now I must head to Canterlot. Wait for me 'til I return." He then walked past her as he headed straight to the hangar to meet up with Trixie.

---------------------

"I see," Celestia said as Charming Thunder ended his story about what happened earlier at the Crystal Empire. "So the Crystal Knights were plotting to overthrow me and our empire. And what of the hooded figure, Trixie? Did you ever see if it was a pony or not?" Trixie wore her hat and cape now that she knows the truth about the Crystal Knights.

"No," she said. "Trixie did not see his face."

"Can you leave me and the princess for the moment, Trixie?" Charming Thunder asked. Trixie then stepped out of Celestia's bed chambers as Charming Thunder had another part of the story to discuss. "There is an issue. Far more worse than the Crystal Knights. Are you familiar with someone named Slade?"

Celestia gasped and then answered, "Not a someone. But something." Celestia walked up to the balcony from her bedroom as Charming Thunder followed. "Nopony knows of his nature but some call him the Son of Discord."

"That's the thing. My father told me everything about the ancient draconequus race during the Discord Wars. Was Slade apart of it?"

"Indeed he was. Charming, a thousand years ago I fought in the Discord Wars along with my sister Luna. Slade was once a Crystal Knight until he met Discord during the war." She then used her magic to reveal an image like a movie as she continued. "He was a powerful warrior during the war. When I sent him along with three knights to arrest Discord, the lord of chaos struck down his companions until he was the only one left. Discord thought about killing him but he had other things in mind in store for him. so he made Slade an offer to join him to save his dying wife from certain death by giving him powers to restore the living and the dead." Slade in the image then knelt before Discord as she continued, "He agreed to the terms and called him the Son of Discord. One by one, every kingdom was attacked by him and draconequus soldiers. When Discord corrupted your father, me and Luna rushed to stop him from his plan to rule the Crystal Kningdom and seal him away as a shadow. Little did Discord not realize that when the kingdom was cursed, it sealed Slade away along with it." The image then faded away as Charming Thunder thought about what happened next.

"And now he was released and is planning to bring back the draconequus race."

"Exactly."

"Thanks for the story Celestia. Is there anything else I could be of assistance with now that the traitors are dealt with?"

"Nothing at the moment. Except that somepony requests to meet with you. Somepony has now been crowned the queen of Equestria and is now in Manehattan."

"I will leave at once then." Charming Thunder was about to walk out the door when Celestia stopped him for a moment.

"She only wants to see you alone."

"As you say, auntie." Charming Thunder then stepped out of the door and saw Trixie. "Trixie, return to Ponyville."

"Where the hey are you going then?"

"To Manehattan. The new queen of Equestria has requested my presence alone."

"I understand." Charming Thunder then continued to walk out to the shuttle port to take a flight to Manehattan.

---------------------

Manehattan was a crowded place since the last tie Twilight and her friends were here. He then approached a castle with two blue royal guards at the door. One of the guards noticed Charming Thunder approaching and opened the doors for him as he was being expected. He then walked up the stairs until he reached a door which leads to the throne room. The guards opened the doors for him and walked ahead of him. Music played in the room as he walked through as crowds of ponies where on each side. One guard stood at the side of the staircase where the queen sits. Charming Thunder couldn't get a glimpse of her face. The queen then leaned forward and raised her hoof to stop the music. He now recognized who she is. It was her mother; Amidala. "Mother?" he said as he stopped.

"Charming?" she said as she walked down the stairs. "Is it really?" She then approached Charming Thunder as she laughed and gave him a tight hug. "CHARMING!!"

"MOTHER!!" They both released the embrace as they laughed. "Look at you. A queen?"

"And look at you. A son who has a daughter now." Charming Thunder laughed at her response and gave her a hug.

"Oh, mom. It is so good to see you."

---------------------

At the dinning room, Charming Thunder sat next to his mother along with some guests. "I heard that the Crystal Knights are no more," she started. "Care to explain?"

"There was an evil plot going on to overthrow Celestia," Charming Thunder said. "And Trixie was the only pony who witnessed it."

"I see."

"And now Celestia fears that the Son of Discord returning."

"You mean Slade?"

"Yes. Why? did you know him?"

"Lets just say that before you were born, he was once a good friend to your father during the Discord Wars."

"There are some things I already so there is no need to--" He was interrupted when a guard entere the room and rushed to him. He then whispered into his ear telling him that something happened. "What?!" He then got up from his chair as he said, "Sorry to keep the visit short, mom, but something's happened."

"What's going on?" she said as Charming Thunder stopped at the door.

"My daughter is...missing."