• Published 12th Jan 2015
  • 1,127 Views, 73 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode VIII: Son of Discord - sonicdash123



Light Sparkle wishes to join the Crystal Knights but Charming Thunder refuses for her to join. Ever since the fall of Regal Crescent, Princess Celestia senses a dark presence that has emerged from the shadows.

  • ...
37
 73
 1,127

Chapter 4: Barganing with the Ponylorians

Light's room looked clean for a kidnapping as Charming Thunder and Twilight investigated the room. He then noticed a scorch mark on the ground in front of a scorched window and took a closer look at it. "Either that is from a magic blast or--" Twilight started.

"A jetpack," Charming Thunder finished. "And I can guess who."

"Who?"

"Have you ever heard of Ponylorians? They are warriors who fight to save Equestria."

"But what do they want with our daughter?"

"I don't know. But I am going to find out. They have a camp far from Appleloosa. Hope that this will end well."

---------------------

Charming Thunder piloted his land speeder through the desert as he searched for the camp of the Ponylorians. He stopped his speeder and hopped out of it. He then continued on foot as he saw smoke in the distance. He then heard a sound of a jetpack flying as a swarm of armored ponies landed around him and aimed their weapons at him. "Should've expected a warm welcome," Charming Thunder said as he stepped up to one of them. "I mean no harm. My name is Charming Thunder and I am looking for my daughter; Light Sparkle."

"Charming Thunder?" one of the Ponylorians said. "You were the one we were looking for. Lower your weapons, brothers and sisters." The rest of the Ponylorians lowered their weapons as ordered. "Our leader wanted to share information with you, but your daughter wanted to hear it so she requested to come along."

"And where is she?"

"Back at the camp. Don't worry. She's not harmed." Charming Thunder followed the Ponylorian as the others flew their way back. Arriving at the camp, there were warriors fighting for fun as others sometimes watch or go over their weapons. Charming Thunder and his escort both entered the tent to see Light Sparkle.

"Dad!?" Light shouted as she rushed to him and gave him a hug.

"Oh, Light!! You had me and mother worried." A pony wearing the same armor along with a cape that go over his shoulder all the way to the waist approached.

"So your father showed up after all," the warrior said. "I am Ponylore the Powerful, leader of the Ponylorians as others before me."

"I trust that you have information for me?"

"Indeed I do. About Slade. He is a dangerous being. Ever since he joined Discord a thousand years ago, his sole purpose was to help him make Equestria into his master's image."

"In chaos."

"Precisely. Now that is past, he planned something else. Gathering artifacts wielding power when combined, he can bring back the dragonequs race and have the power to kill an alicorn." Charming Thunder gasped after what Ponylore said as he continued. "The mask of the first Ponylore, one of the artifacts has been stolen from our camp and I tend to get it back from him before he revives the ancient race."

"He also said that there are other artifacts that Slade is looking for," Light added. "One of them is the Alicorn Amulet."

"Thank you for the information I needed. If there is anything I could do to repay you."

"No need. Just that you get our ancient leader's mask back and stop Slade."

"Next time, talk to my wife before you take my daughter and I'll contact you if the empire ever needs your warriors."

"As you wish." Charming Thunder and Light walked out of the tent and headed to the landspeeder so that they can head back to Appeloosa to take a train back to Ponyville.

---------------------

At the castle, Charming Thunder was now talking to the hologram of princesses Celestia, Luna, and Cadence about the information he received. "That is all he gave me," he finished as the princesses thought for a moment.

"Slade has really gone crazy," Luna said. "We must find him at once before he uses that power to kill us or worse...your wife."

"You said that there were other artifacts," Cadence added. "What are the other ones?"

"The only one I know is the Alicorn Amulet."

"Twilight has told me so much about the amulet," Celestia said. "Thank you for informing us, nephew. We will discuss more later." The hologram of the three princesses faded away as Charming Thunder turned away from the terminal and began to walk out of the room. He then stopped and realized something.

"If the Alicorn Amulet is one of the artifacts Slade needs, then his lead would be...." Charming Thunder's eyes then went wide and remembers something. "Zecora!!" He then rushed out of the room and out of the castle as he made his way through the Everfree Forest to Zecora's Hut.

---------------------

Arriving at Zecora's hut, he burst through the door to see a mess inside the hut. He looked around and saw Zecora laying on the floor. He then rushed to her and helped her up to her hooves. Zecora opened her eyes to see him and said, "I am glad to see you. For that you were the only pony to turn to."

"What happened?" Charming Thunder asked. "Where's the amulet?"

"The amulet has been stolen. By a cloaked pony with eyes that are golden."

"Then I was too late." Charming Thunder stuck around with the zebra and asked her what happened from the beginning before he headed back to the castle.

---------------------

Celestia stood at the balcony of her room as she watched a squadron of TIE Defenders fly over the castle. She then closed her eyes and said, "I know you are here, Sombra." The ghost of Sombra appeared behind her as she turned to face him.

"It is nice to see you, too," Sombra said. "Slade must be stopped."

"I know what he is planning. He is planning on killing me and the others. Your son informed me."

"That's good news. Charming's final trial to become king will soon begin when the time comes."

"Are you sure about that? What if he ends up like you?"

"He won't. I believe in him." Sombra's spirit faded away as Celestia turned her head then back to the door.

"I hope so."