• Published 12th Jan 2015
  • 1,127 Views, 73 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode VIII: Son of Discord - sonicdash123



Light Sparkle wishes to join the Crystal Knights but Charming Thunder refuses for her to join. Ever since the fall of Regal Crescent, Princess Celestia senses a dark presence that has emerged from the shadows.

  • ...
37
 73
 1,127

Chapter 5: The Changeling Truce

Charming Thunder returned to the holo terminal after checking on what happened to Zecora. The Alicorn Amulet is now stolen and he had to contact the princesses and his sister about it. He pressed a couple of buttons on the terminal and the holo figures of Celestia, Luna, and Cadence appeared. "You find anything important?" Luna asked.

"The Alicorn Amulet Zecora had in her hut has been stolen," Charming Thunder explained. The three princesses gasped as he continued. "I believe that Slade has taken it."

"Then we must find him and stop him," Celestia said.

"He must be stopped before he can destroy us. Including the entire pony race." Static then came up on the holo figures as Charming Thunder checked the terminal for the source.

"Guard, find the source of this interruption."

"What is going on, bro--" Cadence said before a new holo figure appeared to replace the three princess. Charming Thunder stood back to see a pony figure wearing a cloak with his head facing down.

"How many more bones would you crush? How many lives will you destroy in pursuit of what you call harmony? You are the product of everything you fear; violence, darkness, helplessness," The figure said then started to look up to look at Charming Thunder and lowered his hood to reveal his face. He is a blue unicorn with a scar on his left eye. "All that remains, Charming Thunder, is for you to watch as I revive the draconequus race and drag the beloved pony race into oblivion." The holo figure faded and the three princesses reappeared on the holo terminal.

"That was Slade," Luna said.

"We must hurry and find him," Charming Thunder suggested.

"I'll assemble some troops," Celestia said. "Charming Thunder, meet me, Luna, and Cadence at Canterlot. Bring Twilight Sparkle if you wish."

"What about my daughter? She may yet be of some use to us. She received this information from the Ponylorians."

"Very well," Cadence said. "Bring her too." The holo figures of the princesses faded away.

---------------------

Inside the ancient draconequus temple, Slade finished up preparations for reviving the draconequus race and gain power from the artifacts to kill an alicorn. The mask of the ancient Ponylorian, the mask of Regal Crescent, Starswirl's hat, and the Alicorn Amulet are all together in one place. He took off his cloak and used his unicorn magic to drain the magic from the items. The ground began to shake as he collapsed to the ground and felt something strange in his body. His front hooves stretched as the right arm changed into a lion paw and the left arm turned into the claws of an eagle. The hind legs also stretched out as the right leg transformed to the leg of a lizard and the left leg transformed into the leg of a goat. The body stretched out as Slade screamed in pain. His mane and tail fell off as strands of hair as his face changed and a deer antler on the right and a blue goat horn on the left. A dragon-like snake's tail then grew out on the back of his body and he grew a goat beard, bushy eyebrows, a horse mane, and the tail tuft that is the same color as his mane use to be. His eyes turned light yellow with crimson red pupils. Magic beams then fired past him and towards the soft ground outside of the temple. The draconequus then popped out of the ground and looked at themselves. They then saw a flashing light coming from the temple and walked to the stairway to the temple. Slade's body floated back on the stone floor then rubbed his head. He then looked at himself and smiled evilly. "I wasn't expecting this, but it will suit me," he said. He then heard voices coming from outside and walked out to see the draconequus citizens waiting at the stairs.

"Was it you who revived us?" one of the draconequus asked.

"Yes. You have been revived for a reason. Revenge. Revenge on the princesses who put your race into extinction."

"Kill them both!!" a draconequus shouted as the rest cheered.

"Then join me on a conquest to put an end to the princesses and the pathetic pony race." The draconquus continued to cheer as Slade laughed menacingly.

---------------------

A shuttle landed in the Badlands as it lowered the ramp and Charming Thunder walked out. The changeling guards recognized the unicorn and pointed their spears as the others came out of nowhere and surrounded him. "You all know that I am not here for a fight," Charming Thunder said.

"After the time you and your so called 'Empire' defeated us here," the guard said.

"I only wish to speak Chrysalis. No weapons and I'll come alone." The guards raised their spears and the other changelings flew away.

"You better not be lying," the other guard said. "Follow us." Charming Thunder followed the guards inside and walked through the hallway to the throne room. The guards opened the door to the room and the unicorn entered. Chrysalis stood up and began to walk up to him.

"I did not authorize you to enter, Charming Thunder," Chrysalis said angrily. She then flew towards him and tackled him to the wall. "You better have a good reason for seeing me or I shall have to kill you." Charming Thunder began to choke as she continued to restrain him.

"I only ask for your help," Charming Thunder said. Chrysalis's eyes went wide and released Charming Thunder. He then coughed after he was released.

"And why should I help YOU?"

"A draconequus race has been revived and now Slade is leading them, he plans to end the pony race."

"What does it have to do with me?"

"Your species might be next if we don't stop him." Chrysalis turned away and walked to a window to view her changelings.

"What will you do in return?"

"You can feed on love from the draconequus race and maybe a new home for you and your changeling race." Chrysalis closed her eyes and sighed.

"Where do we start?"

"I am needed at Canterlot and you are coming with me like it or not."

"Fine, but if its a trap, you'll regret it."

"Good." Charming Thunder let out his right hoof and Chrysalis shook it to conclude their agreement.

---------------------

Charming Thunder's shuttle landed in the hangar at Canterlot castle as Luna stood waiting. The ramp lowered and Charming Thunder walked down and stopped next to Luna. "We're getting reports from a probe droid," she explained. "The draconequus race is revived. We are now outmatched. I think this is a battle I think we'll lose."

"Not to worry, Aunt Luna," Charming Thunder reassured. "I have brought with me some help." Luna was going to ask who when she then heard footsteps coming from inside the shuttle. Out came Queen Chrysalis as she walked down the ramp. Charming Thunder continued to walk as Luna stood in shock as Chrysalis walked past her.