• Published 12th Jan 2015
  • 1,127 Views, 73 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode VIII: Son of Discord - sonicdash123



Light Sparkle wishes to join the Crystal Knights but Charming Thunder refuses for her to join. Ever since the fall of Regal Crescent, Princess Celestia senses a dark presence that has emerged from the shadows.

  • ...
37
 73
 1,127

Chapter 7: The Duel Begins

The Ponylorians wiped out the rest of the draconequus forces as they were about to secure the area. Suddenly, a jetpack was heard and a swarm of B1-A air battle droids flew out of nowhere and landed in front of them. The warriors readied their weapons as Ponylore stood in front of them. He then spoke to his wrist communicator, "Chrysalis now is the time for you and your changelings to help."

"Already ahead of you," Chrysalis said from behind. A swarm of changelings flew over their heads and flew straight towards the droids. They then started to tear them up to shreds as the rest opened fire. Enemy reinforcements arrived and helped out the droids as the diversion was not over yet.

---------------------

Charming Thunder and the others formed up in the hangar bay. Light was still hiding in the cockpit of the TIE Fighter as she popped her head out. "I think the controls are in the throne room," Celestia said.

"Lets go," Charming Thunder said.

"Hey, wait for me," Light said as she was about to climb out of the TIE Fighter.

"No, Light. Stay where you are."

"But--"

"Do as your father says," Twilight said. The group approached the door when it suddenly opened to reveal Slade wearing a cloak with a hood over his head. The group stopped as the troops aimed their weapons at him. He then looked up at the group as Charming Thunder walked through the group.

"I'll handle this. The rest of you should get to the throne room." Amidala then stepped up next to him. "Mother, it's too dangerous."

"You can't fight alone," Amidala said. "A queen always fight for the ponies of Equestria." Charming Thunder nodded and turned to face Slade who lowered his hood and took off his cloak. The group then moved away from the duo to get out of the way.

"So you turned into one of them in the process?"

"Why yes," Slade replied. "Not what I was expecting, but I am getting use to it." Footsteps were heard as three IG-86 sentinel droids ran out of a corner and fired at the princesses and the squad. They took cover behind crates and returned fire. Light saw the action and sat down in the cockpit. Slade grabbed two lightsabers from his belt. One green and the other yellow. Charming Thunder activated his crimson blade as his mother activated hers. Amidala's blue blade ignited on the sides like a cross guard of a sword. Slade leapt in the air as Charming Thunder did the same and struck him on the left. The unicorn landed behind him and strikes but Slade was quick enough to block it without looking. Him and his mother moved into the hallway of the castle while the assassin droids continued to fire at the squad.

Light closed the hatch of the fighter and flipped a switch to turn on its engines and lift off the ground. "Good thing that the book about piloting taught me a few things," Light said. Now where is the--here it is." Light grabbed the controls and fired at the assassin droids one by one. She then piloted the TIE Fighter out of the hangar as Twilight and the others took a shortcut to the throne room. In the cockpit, Light puts on the helmet and flew to the direction where the action is.

Slade's moves were incredible as he fought Charming Thunder and Amidala. He flipped in the air to outmaneuver them at every turn. He then used his tail to whip Charming Thunder to the wall and leaps back through the hallway. Charming Thunder ran to his mother to help and they both crossed their swords to Slade's two blades.

---------------------

The princesses and the troops ran through the hall and got ambushed by draconequus soldiers. They took cover and returned fire. The princesses deflected the shots and hits them back. "We have no time for this, sister," Luna said as she threw her blue lightsaber to pierce the chest and used her magic to get it back to her hoof.

"You and me both," Celestia replied.

---------------------

Light piloted the TIE Fighter to the dogfight with the enemy fleet. "Looks like its time to put these piloting lessons to the test and try to stay alive."

---------------------

Meanwhile, the Ponylorians held their as enemy reinforcements arrived to the action shooting at the warriors that are in the trees. Ponylore stood his ground as he used his vibro sword and cuts down those who stood in his way. He flew with his jetpack and grabed an air battle droid and stabbed it in the chest and kicked to the water. He landed on the ground as he kicked that rust bucket. "Battle droids," he said as he continued to slice and dice draconequus and droids.

---------------------

Light now finds herself in the middle of the battle as she looked forward to see enemy fighters approaching head on. "This is tense," she said. Both of the Hammerhead cruisers blew up as the rest of the fighters begun their attack on the big cruiser. She then piloted the fighter to chase an enemy fighter. She shot it on the wing which caused it to loose control and crash on the hull of the cruiser. An enemy fighter came in her sights as it chased her around. She tries to use evasive maneuvers but couldn't shake him off her tail. "I'll try spinning. That might lose him." She tilted the controls to the right and the ship began to spin around in a circle.

---------------------

After shooting down the last of the draconequus soldiers, the princesses and the troopers entered the throne room and aimed their weapons at the enemies who were at the controls to the artillery guns. "Put down your weapons," Celestia said. "You are all outmatched." The droids and soldiers dropped their weapons as the troops approached them as the others went to the controls and shut down the guns.

---------------------

The laser sword battle continues in the Royal Sister's reading room. Charming Thunder clashed his blade to Slade's left blade when Slade used his tail to whip him out of the window and falls to the edge of the castle. He grabbed the ledge next to the gargoyle as the duel continued inside. Amidala used her magic to blast him through another window which caused him to land at the edge of the grass and almost fell into the gorge. Amidala flew out of the window and landed in front of Slade and was about to strike, but Slade was quick and kicked her in the back. He then got up and twirled his blades. They bot stood at the same place as Amidala tried to push him off the hedge. Charming Thunder leaps down to the ground and grabs his lightsaber. He saw Slade and his mother continuing the duel without him. He then teleported beside Amidala and strikes at Slade. He tried to go to his feet, but Slade jumps to dodge the strike. Slade used his tail and whipped him hard and Charming Thunder impacts on the wall of the castle which knocks him out. Amidala stepped back as they both took a breather from their duel. Sweat fell from their faces as they gazed at each other with their blades still active.

---------------------

An AAT tank arrived and shot the trunk of a tree and the warriors fighting in it fell out. "Retreat!!" Ponylore shouted. The changelings and Ponylorians ran past him as he followed them. The tanks continued to fire at them as they continued the retreat. Queen Chrysalis tripped and got her leg stuck in a large piece of wood that just fell. Meta noticed her wife in trouble as two droids approached her. He then fired magic from his horn and disintegrated the two droids. He then rushed to his wife and used his magic to lift up the branch and helped her up.

"Thanks, dear," Chrysalis said.

"No problem, love," Meta said. They then continued to run to catch up with the rest of the group.

---------------------

Light piloted her ship towards the cruiser as she was being chased by an enemy fighter. The fighter shoots and hits the wing of her ship. "I'm hit!!" she shouted as the ship started to spin towards the hangar. She then regained control and dodged the parked fighters and other obstacles. She then hist reverse on the thrusters as the ship slides on the floor of the hangar. The ship then came to a complete stop as Light sighed with relief. She then saw some engineers and pilots heading her way. "This is not good." She then ducks in the cockpit and starts to adjust the control panel.

---------------------

Amidala and Slade were still standing as they wait for one of them to strike. Slade started to run towards her and starts to strike at her. Charming Thunder regained consciousness and sees his mother dueling Slade. His leg was in pain as he struggled to get up. He then saw his mother about to be caught off guard. Slade hits her with his paw hand and used his claw hand to fire a magic beam through her chest. Tears began to fall as he yelled, "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Amidala collapsed to the ground as Slade twirled his lightsabers and gazes at Charming Thunder. Anger filled in the unicorns eyes as Slade approached him.