• Published 30th Nov 2014
  • 2,853 Views, 91 Comments

Somewhere - Columba



Flutteshy finds Discord's statue gone. The princess' connection to the Elements had faltered, which enabled him to escape.

  • ...
5
 91
 2,853

Chapter 5

The two Alicorn sisters stared at the scroll.

I know your plan. I have one too. I just hope it doesn't affect your precious Elements of Harmony.

Too much. Oh, and your plan is perfect. So absolutely perfect for my plan. Just perfect.

As they read the letter, Discord's voice came from the parchment as if he were there, talking to them. At the end, it laughed at their stunned faces.

"He knows. We have to hurry, or the Elements will be useless," whispered Celestia. She read the note again. "I am afraid we must put them to our test sooner than hoped."


Fluttershy sat in her room reading one of her favorite fairy tales. A light flashed and Celestia appeared before her. "Oh, Princess! Wha-" Celestia's horn glowed and Fluttershy watched herself grow. Her hair grew longer, and she grew a bit taller. Then her surroundings changed. She was now in an open space near the Everfree, the sun and moon spinning around the planet. A little cottage appeared before her and flowers grew around. Then it stopped and she was inside the cottage, feeding a white bunny, who looked at her strangely. "What is it, Angel?"

Can I have some water?

"Oh, sure," she trotted over to the kitchen and filled a bowl with water. "It's hard to believe I've been living here for a year," she whispered to herself.


Twilight Sparkle smiled as her baby dragon burped, a green flame coming out of his mouth. A scroll fell to the floor. "See? I knew she would want to take immediate action!" The dragon cleared his throat,

"Dearest, most faithful student, Twilight,
you know that I value your diligence and that I trust you completely."

"Mm hm!" Twilight confirmed.

"But you simply must stop reading those dusty old books!" She gasped.

"What?"

"My dear, Twilight, there is more to a young pony's life than just studying. So I'm sending you to supervise the preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration in this year's location, Ponyville. And I have an even more essential task for you to complete... Make some friends."

"W-what?" she uttered. There was a knock at the door and Spike walked over to answer it. There were to Pegasus Royal soldiers there.

"We have been sent to a Miss Twilight. Is that you?"

"Yes."

"A chariot is waiting for you."


Pinkie Pie walked through the streets of Ponyville when she saw a pony she had never seen before. She quickly trotted up to her and waited. The dragon next to the pony said, "Here's your chance!" the pony sighed, "Hello, my name is Twilight Sparkle." Pinkie gasped dramatically and dashed off.


Apple Jack hit the apple tree with her hind legs and the apples fell down into the baskets, few falling to the floor to bruise. "Ya'll need a hand with the bakin'? Ah'm done with the apple trees, or are ya'll alright?" Her brother, Big Mac only said,

"Eeyup."

"Yup, yer fine, or yup ya need help?" Apple Jack asked. Apple Fritter came out with a pan of, well, apple fritters.

"We're fine, but thanks, Apple Jack," she said. just then, a purple unicorn walked in through the gate.

"Good afternoon. My name is Twilight Sparkle-" Apple Jack shook her hoof quickly,

"Well, howdy-do Miss Twilight? A pleasure making your acquaintance. I'm Apple Jack. We here in Sweet Apple Acres sure do like makin' new friends!"

"Friends? Actually I uh-"

"So, what can Ah do for ya?" she said, winking. Twilight cleared her throat.

"Well, I am, in fact, here to supervise preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration. And you're in charge of the food?"

"We sure a sugar are! Would you care to sample some?"

"As long as it doesn't take too long." Apple Jack zipped off and rand a triangle.

"Soup's on, everypony!"


Rainbow Dash zipped through the sky, doing loop de loops. She flew higher and higher until she was at over a hundred feet above the earth. She plummeted down and just before she hit the ground, swooped out of the suicidal dive, hitting a purple unicorn on the way. They both landed in a mud puddle and the unicorn groaned. Rainbow Dash chuckled, "Uh, excuse me? Lemme help you," she zoomed off and grabbed a grey cloud, pulling it over to the unicorn. She hopped on it and it poured rain onto the unicorn, now soaked to the bone. Rainbow laughed, "Oops. I guess I overdid it. Um uh, how about this?" She zoomed around the soaked unicorn, creating a mini, rainbow colored tornado, "My very own, patented Rainblow Dry," she landed, "No, no. Don't thank me, you're quite welcome." she said, dramatizing a bit. She looked over to the unicorn, who looked unamused and who's mane looked like a purple cloud. She stifled her laughter a bit, then, when she couldn't take it, burst out laughing. She fell to the ground and the unicorn's dragon looked at her uncertainly. He glanced at the unicorn and started to laugh too.

"Let me guess, you're Rainbow Dash?" Rainbow Dash stood up,

"The one and only," she said, "Why? You heard of me?" she zipped to the unicorn's side.

"I heard you're supposed to be keeping the sky clear!" she took a deep breath, "I'm Twilight Sparkle, and the Princess sent me to check on the weather.

"Yeah, yeah. That'll be a snap," said Rainbow, who was lounging on a cloud, "I'll do it in a jiffy. Just as soon as I'm done practicing." Twilight raised an eyebrow,

"Practicing for what?"

"The Wonder Bolts!" se pointed to a poster on a wall, "They're gonna perform at the celebration tomorrow, and I'm gonna show 'em my moves!" she loop de looped above her little cloud, then landed.

"The Wonder Bolts?"

"Yep."

"The most talented fliers in all of Equestria?"

"That's them."

Twilight scoffed, "Oh, please. They'd never accept a Pegasus who can't keep the sky clear for one mealy day!" Rainbow Dash frowned in annoyance,

"Hey, I could clear this sky in ten seconds flat!"

"Prove it."


"Now then, this post needs a ribbon," said Rarity. She levitated several ribbons from a chest and started to search, when a purple unicorn walked in.

"Decorations," said the dragon next to her, "Beautiful!"

"Yes. The décor is coming along nicely. This ought to be quick. I'll be at the library in no time. Beautiful, indeed!"

"Not the décor! Her!" he pointed to Rarity who was still looking for the perfect ribbon,

"No, no. No. Oh, goodness, no!"

"How are my spines? Are they strait?" the unicorn rolled her eyes.

"Good afternoon."

"Just a moment, please. I'm in the zone, as it were. Oh, yes! Sparkles always do the trick, do they not?" she tied the red ribbon around the wooden post, "Oh, Rarity, you are a talent!" she said to herself, "Now, um, how can I help you? Eek!" she shrieked at the purple unicorn's hair, "Oh, my stars, darling! What ever happened to your coiffure?!"

"Oh, you mean my mane? Well, it's a long story. I'm just here to check on the decorations, and then I'll be out of your hair," replied the unicorn.

"Out of my hair? What about your hair?" she started pushing the unicorn out the door.

"Wait. Where are we going? Help!"


"Alright. Let's try again okay? Thank you. A one, a two, a one two three," said Fluttershy. The birds started singing. "Oh, um please stop, everyone," she flew up to a branch on the tree, "Um... Excuse me sir. I mean no offense, but your rhythm is just a teeny, tiny bit off," she said. The bird nodded and she flew back to the front, "Now follow me, please. A one, a two, a one two three." the birds started to sing again but then a friendly voice said,

"Hello!" Fluttershy jumped at the voice and all the birds flew away, "Oh, my. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to frighten your birds." Fluttershy looked at the purple unicorn who had spoken, "I'm just here to check up on the music, and it sounded beautiful." Fluttershy landed and pawed at the ground shyly. "I'm Twilight Sparkle, what's your name?" Fluttershy hid behind her mane,

"Um... I'm Fluttershy," she said.

"I'm sorry, what was that?"

"Um... My name is Fluttershy," whispered Fluttershy, who backed away.

"Sorry, didn't quite catch that," said Twilight. Fluttershy whimpered. There was an awkward silence and the birds flew back onto the branches. "Well, um, it looks like your birds are back. So I guess everything's in order," she said, "Keep up the good work." Fluttershy whimpered again and Twilight started to walk away and a dragon came out of the bushes, "Well, that was easy." Fluttershy gasped.

"A baby dragon!!" she cried. She flew in front of him, "Oh, I've never seen a baby dragon before! He's so cute!" the dragon looked at Twilight,

"Well, well well!" he said.

Fluttershy's eyes widened, "Oh, my, he talks. I didn't know dragons could talk. That's just so incredibly wonderful. I-I don't even know what to say!" she hovered in the air and the dragon was brought to Twilight in her magic aura,

"Well, in that case, we'd better be going," she said.

"Wait, wait! What's his name?"

"I'm Spike."

"Hi, Spike, I'm Fluttershy," said Fluttershy, "Wow, a talking dragon! And what do dragons talk about?"

"Well, what do you want to know?"

"Absolutely everything," she said. Twilight groaned.


"Hi,I'mPinkiePieandIthrewthispartyjustforyou! Wereyousurprised? Wereyou? Wereyou? Huhhuhhuh?" she said everything at the speed of light.

"Very surprised. Library's are supposed to be quiet!"

Pinkie chortled, "That'ssilly! Whatkindofwelcomepartywoulditbeifitwerequiet?" she laughed, "I mean, duh. Boring! See, Isawyouwhenyoufirstgothere, remember? Youwereall "Hello" andIwaslike-" she imitated her gasp, "Remember? Yousee, Ineversawyoubefore, andifIneversawyoubefore, thatmeansyournew, 'causeIknoweverypony, andImeaneverypony, inPonyville!" Twilight groaned. She started to pour a substance into a goblet and Pinkie Pie continued to ramble on about why she made a party, "And I invited everypony in Ponyville! See? And now you have lots and lots of friends!" Twilights face turned red, not of embarrassment, but because she had poured hot sauce into her cup. Tears formed in her eyes, and Apple Jack said,

"Are ya alrigh' sugarcube?" Twilight rushed upstairs and spit out the sauce.

"Aw! She's so happy, she's crying!" exclaimed Pinkie Pie. Everyone looked at her in confusion.


"Oh, yes! Hot sauce! Ahaha! Yes that was great! That reaction was priceless!" Discord laughed. "Ah, soon you'll have more to worry about than silly pranks. Much more."

Author's Note:

Yay! This chapter is much, much longer!

Comments ( 32 )

Cool

"Hi, Spike. I'm Fluttersh," said Fluttershy, "Wow, a talking dragon! And what do dragons talk about?"

i noticed that one mistake. I didn't see anything else though good story.

Yes! A chapter!

5444918

Thanks. I'll fix that right away!

5441918
Princess Luna. It's Alternate Universe tagged. Not many things are the same as in the show.

If the Author's Notes is doubled, I'm sorry, I don't know what is going on. :derpyderp2:

So then... Princess Celestia used "time traveling" magic?! :pinkiegasp:

The story is really good! I like how you incorporated Discord into Fluttershy's life so easily. It seems very natural, almost as if right out of the show. I can't wait to see where you take this story. Please UPDATE :flutterrage: soon!

5471324

I will. CHAOS!!!!!

5474319 Good because i can be very impatient and start bugging people nonstop! Sorry, it's just one of my quirks! :derpytongue2::twilightblush::facehoof:

5491792

I can be... annoying... if I want to.

5492208 Can't we all! :moustache:

But seriously update soon! I can be very annoying very quickly! :trixieshiftright:

5492383

Got it. I'll go work on it now.

5496679

Oay, it would have been done a few days ago, but my toddler brother clicked something and it didn't save, so.... Sorry. Can you hang on a bit longer?

I'll try!!! :fluttercry: I kinda hate your brother right now.. No offense... :twilightoops:

5589085

It's okay. None taken. Just...

Don't explode?

5589254 Me just before you said that: :flutterrage::twilightangry2:

Me after you said that: :twilightblush::facehoof:

Um, how come they hadn't noticed that they instantly grew into their adult forms overnight? Or am I missing a Time-Skip?

5622014 Time-Skip.

Glad you liked it, though. I mean, since you put it in Favorites, I thought you did.

5671939

Sure, if you like. I changed the title 'cause I thought it was a bit long.

5787472

That's what they want you to think. :trixieshiftright:

If this is now at S1, how freed Luna for her to be there earlier?

PLS UPDATE... if you can..

Bruh this is literally just the first episode's script

Login or register to comment