• Published 30th Nov 2014
  • 2,853 Views, 91 Comments

Somewhere - Columba



Flutteshy finds Discord's statue gone. The princess' connection to the Elements had faltered, which enabled him to escape.

  • ...
5
 91
 2,853

Chapter 1

Everyone gathered around one of the statues. This one was odd-looking. It had arms and legs, horns, wings and a tail, each of a different animal. One hand clutched it's chest, while the other was thrown up in the air. It's face was one of amusement. Laughing at something. The little yellow Pegasus gazed up at the mismatched creature. Below, on it's pedestal, were words engraved in a silver plate saying The Lord of Chaos. The teacher was saying something about the statue that she couldn't hear. She immediately turned her attention back to what her teacher was saying.

"...This certain statue has a very important part in history. The Lord of Chaos turned Equestria into an insane land-"

"Filled with crazy-ness!" said a filly at the front of the bunch.

"Uh.. Sure?" Fluttershy looked at her best friend, Rainbow Dash. The prismatic mare was drawing circles in the dirt, obviously bored. "Anyways class, we're running out of time, so let's get a move on!" Fluttershy looked up at the statue again.

"Hey, Fluttershy?" asked a low voice. She sighed, and turned around to face Hoops. Her ears laid flat against her head.

"W-what do y-you want?"

"I just wanted to know if you wanted to come to dinner-"

"T-that's nice and all, but uh... I uh... I'm... busy..." She muttered

"Somepony else then?" He asked.

"N-no! I'm only five years old. I-"

"Then why-"

"Hey, leave her alone! She needs nothing to do with ya," cried Rainbow. Hoops grumbled something and walked away. "Why do you get so tangled up with him Flutters?" Fluttershy stared at the ground.

"T-thank you..." Rainbow trotted to catch up with the class. "Goodbye." She said to the statue. Wait... I'm talking to a statue.

"Goodbye, little Pegasus." a small purple light emitted from the statue's chest as it said this. Her eyes widened.

"D-did you just s-speak...?"

"You heard me?" it said, horrified. She opened her mouth, but nothing came out. She quickly closed it an ran to catch up with her friend.


Fluttershy sat on her bed, looking at one of the dolls she had made. It was white, with a blue mane and tail. She heard a knock on her door, which made her jump. She walked over and opened her door. "Hello, Rainbow." She said.

"Hey." Rainbow Dash looked around the room. "I like how you've decorated."

"Oh - erm - thank you..." Her walls were white, she had a bed with light green and pink blankets, a dresser and a desk, a nightstand with a lamp and a picture of her and Rainbow. "Um... Did you need something?"

"Yeah. I was wondering if you wanted to go with me, and my dad, to the hockey game tonight." Fluttershy hid behind her mane.

"I um... I would love to," she said. She wasn't very interested in sports, but she loved to be with her friend.

"Great! We'll come pick you up at 5:30 'kay? Oh! And Ditzy is coming!"

"Okay." Rainbow zipped out of the room. I'll bake muffins... She thought. She trotted into the kitchen and started to gather ingredients for her recipe.


She took out the muffin tray, her hoof hitting the side of the oven. She winced, and as soon as she put the tray on the counter, rinsed her hoof in cold water. Her mother had asked her what she was up to a while ago. Fluttershy hoped she wouldn't notice. It wasn't a visible burn, but it was a bit red. She took the tray and carefully slipped the muffins out, six in total. She packed them in a plastic box, and put the box in her pouch.


"Thethe are gweath muffthins, Flutherthy!" Ditzy said with a full mouth. Fluttershy giggled. With Ditzy, all muffins were great. As long as they looked like muffins. Rainbow nodded in agreement. "So who's winning? I'm lost" said Ditzy.

"The Thunder Clouds." Rainbow's father said.

"Which ones are they?"

"The ones in blue."

"Oh." There was five more minutes on the clock. Fluttershy was trying to keep up with what was happening, but she couldn't seem to follow the game the way Rainbow Dash could. Rainbow was cheering as loud as she possibly could.

"Here, Flutters!" she said as she passed a dark blue flag to Fluttershy. The little Pegasus waved it above her head. She looked to her right to see Ditzy holding one, also waving it above her head.

"Isn't this fun? I don't know what's happening, but everyone is cheering! That's good!" Fluttershy nodded. Suddenly a bunch of ponies cheered, making her jump.

"Thunder Clouds won!!" screamed Rainbow Dash. She zipped in circles for a few minutes, then landed and followed her dad back to the exit.


Fluttershy lay in her bed thinking about the statue. It hadn't really talked had it? She climbed out of bed, careful not to make a sound, and grabbed a pencil and paper.

I'll be right back. If you're reading this before the usual time I wake up, I'll probably be back by then. If you-

"I can't go now... Maybe tomorrow. She'll worry too much..." She crumpled the paper and threw in into the waste bin. "I'll ask her tomorrow if I can go. I don't want to frighten her... I just can't sleep..." She took another paper from her desk as started to draw a creature with a lion paw, an eagle claw, a dragon tail and leg, a goat head and leg, a bat wing and a Pegasus wing, a gazelle horn and a deer horn. "It's not... bad..." She ripped off a piece of tape and taped her picture to the wall. "I'd better get to sleep. I'm going to fly there right?" She yawned. She climbed into bed and pulled the blanket up to her neck. Her eyes slowly closed as she fell asleep.


Flutttershy stared at the pedestal wide-eyed. It was empty, with the exception of crumbled stone. She ran to one of the guards. "Um, sir?" She asked. "The statue of the Lord of Chaos is gone."

"I will inform the princesses immediately." He said, not breaking his stare. He galloped though a pair of double doors. Minutes later, the princesses and Fluttershy were at the remains of the statue.

"Sister, do you know what this means?" Celestia asked. Her sister, Luna, only nodded.

"Is t-there something w-wrong?" Fluttershy asked worriedly. Celestia's face was grim.

"Discord, The Lord of Chaos has escaped."

Author's Note:

Dun dun DUN!!

I know nothing about hockey. Sorry. Please don't hate me? :fluttershyouch: