• Published 30th Nov 2014
  • 2,853 Views, 91 Comments

Somewhere - Columba



Flutteshy finds Discord's statue gone. The princess' connection to the Elements had faltered, which enabled him to escape.

  • ...
5
 91
 2,853

Chapter 4

Fluttershy was at the ledge again. The one with the hoops. Her stomach turned and twisted. Maybe it was doing a circus act? She jumped and fluttered her wings, but barely made it off the cloud. She jumped and fluttered again, this time sliding off the edge. She squealed as she hit a flag. She fell to the soft clouds below and fumbled to get the flag off her face. When she looked up, Hoops and Dumb-Bell laughing. "Nice going, Fluttershy! They'll ground you permanently."

"Yeah! My baby brother can fly better than you," they laughed more. Then she saw a rainbow blur above her head. Rainbow Dash landed in front of her.

"Leave her alone," she said "Yeesh. Can't you guys pick on some pony else? Or you gonna stick with messing with me?"

"Ooo, what're you gonna do Rainbow Crash?" Hoops said.

"Keep making fun of her and find out!"

"You think you're such a big-shot? Then prove it!"

"What do you have in mind?" Rainbow grinned. The bullies sniggered.

"How about a race? The dodo bird can be the flagman."

"I- I'm not a d-dodo," Fluttershy whispered.


Fluttershy stood on a little cloud in front of the starting line holding a checkered flag. Rainbow Dash, Hoops and Dumb-Bell were flexing their wings. "You're going down!"

"In history, maybe!" Fluttershy waved the flag above her head and they zipped past her. When Hoops had flown past her ,though, he hit her shoulder and she fell. She screamed as she fell to the dirt and grass below. Then a wave of butterflies flew under her and caught her, somehow managing to hold her up. She stared around in amazement at the colorful wings. She had heard of butterflies before, but had never seen any. Creatures like these didn't fly as high as the clouds. She frowned. Weren't butterflies dusty and fuzzy? They weren't supposed to be leathery right? And these butterflies were bigger. Much bigger. She grazed her hoof over one of the butterfly's thorax. It was... feathery. She gently flew off the swarm and landed on the wet grass. She looked at all the other creatures around her. The squirrels chittered happily and the birds chirped cheerfully. When she turned back to where the butterflies, she heard a snap and they dissapered in a flash. Suddenly a loud blast was heard and Fluttershy looked up into the sky. A hoop of rainbow-colored fire was making it's way across the sky. All the animals around her started to run in a panic. The frogs jumped into the water and the bunnies hopped into the bushes. The birds flew into the trees and the squirrels ran into their holes. She turned around to find a creature she had only seen once. Those red, mismatched eyes stared at her. She stared back.


Discord stared into the large, innocent, teal eyes. If he ran, she could give away his hiding place and he would no longer be safe. Same consequences if he sat there much longer. Then the little Pegasus frowned. "I've seen you before." He was startled at this and took a step back. "You're the Lord of Chaos." she swallowed. "You made t-the cotton-candy-cloud. I saw y-your horn's l-light go out. You w-were the grey unicorn. Weren't you?" She was still staring. And trembling. Quickly trotting up to a tree, she stuck her head in. "It's okay. You can come out now. A- friend- has come." She did he same at the stream and in a low cloud, each animal in turn coming out and following her to the next. She lay on the grass and some of the smaller animals came up and snuggled. Then her cutie mark appeared. It was three butterflies. She stared wide-eyed at her new cutie mark. Discord took this chance to teleport himself to a cave. He then snapped his fingers, erasing any of his tracks. When Fluttershy looked away, he had gone. She flew up high and found her way to Ponyville, hoping to take a balloon back to Cloudsdale. She couldn't fly that high. Yet. Discord sighed in relief. If she told the princesses where she had seen him, they would be far off track. He was hiding in a cave near where the Changelings had their hive.

"Now I know why she could hear me. She can speak with all creatures. That explains how she knew I was the grey unicorn... kind of. And what did she mean 'friend'? Well, let's go see if the other five have gotten any where," he snapped his fingers and a misty image appeared in front of him. The purple unicorn also had her cutie mark. He snapped his fingers four more times. The prismatic Pegasus had hers too. And the orange earth filly, the pink earth filly and the white unicorn. "Hm. They all got theirs at the same time. Right after the Sonic blast," he grinned, clapping his hands together. "Almost there, my little ponies! This will be fun," he chuckled and snapped his fingers once again.


"Sister!" Celestia looked at her sister, who was galloping in, eyes wide. A scroll was in her magic aura. "It is him."

Author's Note:

Okay so I edited this. Quite a bit too. Hope it's better. I think it's still a bit too short, but I'm working on a couple other stories. Sorry. Hope you like this better! (I don't like it much, so it's okay if you don't either.) One reason it's so short is because I wanted to torture you with...


SUSPENSE!!