• Published 2nd Nov 2011
  • 8,533 Views, 339 Comments

My Little Serial Killer: Murder is Magic - TheGentlemanCreeper



Dear Daymos' descent into different shades of grey and the ponies in his life.

  • ...
37
 339
 8,533

Epilogue

There are a few things I genuinely enjoy in this world.

Quiet Sunday afternoons in my study…

The taste of a freshly baked chocolate donut…

And just recently, the way moonlight dances through the clouds.

It had been a few weeks since I signed away my life with Princess Luna and I was already out on a hunt. I sat in a little place called Donut Joe’s, watching an apartment building across the ways.

The building was home to one Cash Break. He lived on the fourth floor and was a rather wealthy individual with a few eccentricities.

Mostly, he enjoyed staging accidental deaths for his amusement.

Princess Luna gazed in on a particular dream Cash Break had of pushing a stallion off of the train platform. Apparently, it wasn’t just a dream but a memory.

She could tell the difference, she said. Comes with being the guardian of dreams, apparently.

Problem is, dreams aren’t admissible in court.

And so here I sat, waiting.

As far as everyone back in Ponyville was concerned, I was taking a little vacation in Canterlot for a week. And since then, I got to learn all I could about Cash Break.

As the clocktower stopped its tolling of the ninth hour, Cash Break exited his home.

I think he goes to a poker game, but he’s gone for at least an hour. Two at the most.

Which gave me all the time in the world.

His apartment building had minimal security and I had already swiped a keycard from an unsuspecting mare after ‘accidentally’ bumping into her on the street.

Letting myself up to the fourth floor, I jimmied open the lock to Cash’s door and walked in like I owned the place.

I made sure to lock the door behind me and settled in, snooping around the place a bit before getting to work.

The bedroom was the obvious place to set up.

Setting my bag down, I fished out a roll of plastic and started coating the bedroom. I had an hour to prepare a kill room and get ready for when he walked through that door.

As I worked, I let my mind wander.

The night means a lot to ponies.

It's a time to sleep.

It's a time to play.

But for me, it means something different.

A time to work.

My job isn’t as fancy as the rest of the ponies out there. I don’t bake, or run a library, or even own a store.

That’s far too boring and not worthy of my particular skill set.

I’m a cleaner.

And that’s just what I planned to do that night.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Comments ( 9 )

What a story this is. I'm glad to see it come to a close. Great job and Good luck my friend.

Wow, that did take a while.
9 years? What happened to 3k a week?
Lol

Starting this in several hours and I look forward to reading your story as the years pass and your skill level changes.

Will we get a sequel where he works for the crown?

I've been following this story since...

Gosh, has it really been eight years? Wow.

Anyways, it's the story that got me interested in writing in the first place, so I feel I owe you some gratitude.

Funny, even though I've been totally disconnected from the fandom for more than three years now, I've never stopped checking up on this story's progress.

Really glad to see it finally completed, and I'm crossing fingers for a sequel.

:pinkiehappy: / :pinkiecrazy:

Amazing and brilliant! Inspiring and thought provoking...one of the best horror I've read this year!
You get a rare fav and deserve it.

Sequels!

10525663
10513759
10522218
10513759

I thank you all for reading and enjoying the story, but I don't think I'll be doing a sequel at this time. I thought about it, trust me, but decided against it around the time I was finishing the last chapter and starting the epilogue.

I'm of the mind that a good story has a strong beginning, middle, and end — but leaves enough open at its resolution to have reader asking questions and coming up with their own ideas and headcanon. I've seen too many good stories finish, get sequels, and make some serious mistakes in the process. The biggest one I've seen some story sequels do is dedicate themselves to nothing but tying up loose ends and retreading old ground.

I'd rather not fall into the trap of riding high on the adulation of finishing a story, just to jump into another without knowing what it'd be and at the moment, the story of Dayglow Mornings feels done. He has his happy ending.

On that note, I have been toying around with an anthology of sorts. A collection of short stories detailing some other bits to his life that I feel would be significant. Such as a meeting with Princess Twilight Sparkle after the retirement of the Celestia and Luna to discuss his future employment and what happened in the past. Or Scootaloo letting her curiosity get the better of her and following him out into the field one day.

I'll let people know if I actually plan on doing this, but I think I'd need to get more than just two ideas if I were to do an anthology.

Dear TheGentlemanCreeper

This has been an absolute blast and I have very much enjoyed this title as much as I have enjoyed all the others, even if this one took longer to get the all mighty “finished” mark, it was still a very good read indeed.

Daymos is definitely a very wonderfully crafted pony and I would very much enjoy seeing more to do with his life, both before he moved to Canterlot and after his “little” contract or perhaps, life sentence to walk among the living during the day, and to “clean” during the nightfall.

Seeing Dayglow Mornings looking after his adoptive daughter Scooterloo within the same story as the above mentioned moments in his life would definitely be well worth the read. All your work GentlemanCreeper has always been an absolute masterpiece and I was very much excited to see this story as finished. I know I may not get a reply, and that is completely okay with myself in this situation, I just want to wish you the best with your job and any future stories you wish to share on this wonderful fan fiction site.

Now onto a different matter. I had found just a few small mistakes (possibly) but it will take a bit of time to go back and find them as I had wanted to finish this quickly so I don’t lose the atmosphere this story gives and I would very much enjoy rereading all of your material.
You, dearest pony, have a very well trained writer’s perspective. I do hope all the best that the future holds for you.

Greatest of regards and good fortune towards you for the future,
Night Shadow

This is absolutely crazy of a story but yet unique, different in some ways. I hope for the day that he doesn't have to kill anymore; be normal but yet I can see him being killed someday because you live by the sword, you die by a sword.

Ah, I wish there was a sequel. Fantastic! :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment