• Published 2nd Nov 2011
  • 8,532 Views, 339 Comments

My Little Serial Killer: Murder is Magic - TheGentlemanCreeper



Dear Daymos' descent into different shades of grey and the ponies in his life.

  • ...
37
 339
 8,532

Chapter 6: Fair

Ahhh, the Cherry Twins... I remember them both fondly. I knew them as Cherry Fizz and Cherry Drop, but the newspaper had another name for them.

Brutal Murder of Colt and Mare!

Two More Bodies Found!

The Valentine Killer Strikes Again!

The Valentine Killer, as the papers had called them. They were completely unaware that it wasn’t just one killer at work, but two. And they had no idea knowing that it was a brother and sister team working together. Even I was surprised when I first stumbled into the duo of killers.

To think that two ponies would be bound by blood in more than just the terms of family. It almost made me want to approach them, maybe even learn something from them...

If it wasn’t for the fact that they not only enjoyed killing ponies but raping them first.

But I’m getting ahead of myself.

I first found out about the killings while I was in Canterlot, attending the World’s Fair while I was on vacation.

Yes, even monsters like dear deplorable Daymos need some time off. To get away from everything and have some time to unwind and relax.

But alas, it was never meant to be. The Valentine Killer murders got my attention like a bag of catnip to a curious cat. I tossed aside my usual routine of coming to the fair to eat fried dough and ride the tilt-a-whirl until I had trouble standing straight.

And instead, I started to do some hunting.

It honestly wasn’t that hard to find the ponies that were responsible, though. I didn’t need to call in any favors or even try that hard to find them. They practically fell in my lap.

It was just after I had purchased a set of knives from an oriental pony who claimed they were sharp enough to cut bone — something I was eagerly hoping to see was true — when I saw them. Two ponies, sitting on a bench in the central square, just ogling each pony that walked by. Most ponies would look at that and wouldn’t give it any other thought.

However, it’s been established that I am nothing like other ponies.

They licked their lips, they whispered to each other... And they both had a hunger in their eyes that neatly mirrored my own after honing on my potential quarry.

But to be completely certain and make sure they weren’t just both perverts, I walked up to them.

I remember it oh so vividly...

“Ohhh my hooves are killing me!” I remember saying with a tired laugh before leaning against a nearby lamp post. I grabbed my back hooves and pretended to massage them.

“Well come here cutie!” the fuschia mare said after scooting aside and making room. “Get off those tired hooves and take a breather.”

I smiled and sat down beside her and the pony I assumed was her brother. “Well that’s quite friendly, thank you. I’m Ivory. Nice to meet you.”

The mare extended her hoof and I took it gingerly. “I’m Cherry Drop and this is my brother, Cherry Fizz.”

“Hey,” Fizz said flatly and nodding.

Letting go of Drop’s hoof, I brought it to my side and desperately tried not to rub it against my coat or look around for one of those anti-septic stations that have been popping up everywhere.

“Sooo... What brings you to the World’s Fair?” I asked idly as I leaned back in my seat. “Same as everypony, I bet?”

“Oh yeah, we’re here for all the fun that’s to be had!” Drop said with a wide smile. “The food, the festivities, the atmosphere...”

“The ponies,” Fizz said with a small smile.

“Ah, yes...” Drop said, coughing into her hoof. “We especially like meeting new ponies who we can have some fun with.”

The way Drop said that and looked to Fizz... It was like a big, flashing neon sign that read ‘We’re hiding something.’

“Tell ya what, Ivory...” Fizz began, leaning forward in his seat. “We were about to go to this little bar on the other side of town. They have great drinks, music, dancing... I know this is all out of the blue, but why don’t you come with us and hang? Drinks are on me.”

No pony is ever that nice to somepony they just met. Not without wanting something in return and my suspicions were starting to grow into one big, fat realization. They were planning on doing something to me. And if I let them, I’d end up regretting it. But I couldn’t let them get away.

“Well, alright,” said with a little shrug. “I don’t see any harm in it...”

And so we took off to this mystery bar. We walked all the way, talking about the weather, about the events at the fair, and all sorts of other small talks that I was horrible at.

But it was all a front. It was just so painfully obvious that they weren’t interested in talking. Sometimes they’d slow down a bit and whisper or just stare me. I could feel their gaze burn into me, sizing me up.

At that point, there were two possibilities as to who they really were. They either were sex addicts and were about invite me to a threesome, at which I point I’d run for the hills... Or that hunger that hid behind their eyes was something more.

So I went into the Half-Full Bar and played along. We sat down, we had drinks... Well, they had drinks. I pretended I was drinking. I honestly swore off alcohol the night my father poured a whole a mug of beer into my face and nearly choked me when I said it tasted horrible...

I kept waiting for the sign that they were who I thought they were, but it didn’t seem like it was coming... I was almost ready to give up until the waiter brought out shots.

I remember having the shot of whiskey put in front of me and then having Cherry Drop get my attention with some stupid remark about how I must be an ‘animal in the sack’... Whatever that meant. Still, she was doing everything she could to get my attention focused on her. But I saw Fizz out of the corner of my eye and he was doing something to my drink.

They were putting something in it.

I decided right then and there that I needed to swallow my pride and do the unthinkable. Put alcohol into my mouth... The thought of it hitting my tongue was enough to make me gag, but I had to do it.

“Cheers!” Drop and Fizz had said as they held up their shot glasses with big, plastic grins.

I picked up my glass and held it up with the same plastic smile. “Cheers.”

Grabbing the glass of whiskey, I threw it back and kept it in my mouth. I wanted to spit it out, but then they’d know I knew something... And if I swallowed it... Well... That would have been the death of Daymos.

So I let swill around in my mouth and pretended to enjoy myself in silence and tried not to gag. After noticing that they were staring at me expectantly, I slumped forward and closed my eyes, faking unconsciousness.

“Good... I thought he’d never pass out... Let’s get him back to the house and then we can have our fun.”

I wanted to turn to Cherry that very moment, just to see the look on her face and bust her... But no, I had other plans.

“Should I grab his bag?” Fizz asked as he held up what sounded distinctly like my bag of knives.

“Sure. He might have something valuable,” Cherry whispered as she put a hoof on my back. “I guess our friend had too much to drink...” she called out to somepony. “Come on, let’s get him to the hotel room so he can sober up.”

She leaned in close and whispered pass my head to her brother. “And then have our fun before offing him.”

I was dragged and carried back to what I believed was a hotel and tossed onto the bed. From there, it was as simple as waiting for them to leave the room before opening my eyes and spitting out the spiked whiskey.

Funny... If they had even tried to tie me up, they probably would have been able to kill me. I may have been able to get one of them with a hoof tied up... but after that, whoever was left would either be able to take a swing at me or call for help.

But, no... They had gotten used to the routine and had developed a false sense of security. They dumped me on the bed, left me there, then wandered off to the other room. They had no idea who I really was. After regaining my composure and suppressing the urge to vomit, I grabbed one of my new knives. The big one. Black handle, 9-inch blade, and razor-sharp. It felt so right to hold it...

Fizz was the first to fall. I walked into the bathroom where they babbled about how they were going to fuck me silly before dumping my body in some ditch... So I put the knife right in the back of Fizz’s skull, leaving him standing there and gasping, looking like a fish that had just been pulled from the lake. Unfortunately, my knife had gotten stuck in the bone and I had to leave it in. Drop tried to scream after seeing her brother fall, but I was too fast. I pounced on her and started to wring her throat.

Not many ponies know this, but strangling someone isn't quick, nor is it clean. You need to hold on for quite a while and usually, you're right up in their face. It can really traumatize a pony... Cherry Drop was crying her eyes out as I crushed her throat, gasping out and looking to me, her eyes screaming at me to let her go. But I couldn't.

Nor did I want to.

I was... I was in the zone. I was having more fun than I’d ever had in my entire life. There was no planning, no anticipation, no waiting, no stalking. It was all just so...

Spontaneous.

The same could be said when Twilight almost caught me red hoofed.

I had just finished with Cherry Drop when-

***************************************************************

“Daymos!”

I scrambled out of the tub and looked around, my eyes darting all around the bathroom.

Am I hearing things again? Please tell me I’m not hallucinating, I-

“DAYMOS!”

I knew I wasn’t mistaken the second time Scootaloo screamed my voice. Grabbing a towel and drying myself off quickly, I hurried out of the bathroom and ran upstairs. “Scootaloo, what’s going on? What’s wrong?” I asked frantically as I barged in.

I found the filly in the middle of her bed, curled up in a ball and just sobbing her eyes. The one thing that really got my attention was the dark, wet stained sheets she sat in.

“I-I-I had a nightmare...” she sniffled, looking up to me with tear-stained eyes. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to-”

My brain started to process the scene, and as soon as it hit me, I held up a hoof and stopped her from going any further. “You... You didn’t mean to,” I parroted as I helped her out of bed. “You had an accident. It’s nothing to be ashamed about. So don’t apologize.”

I really hoped she couldn’t see my face in the dark because I was doing my best not to gag. But I resisted that urge and other urges to ask her how old she was and wetting the bed and instead took a deep breath, steeled myself, and led her downstairs. “Let me get the tub ready and you can take a bath, okay?”

Scootaloo nodded slowly and went quiet right up until the point I brought her into the bathroom. “I dreamed I was back home and I could hear something upstairs... I walked up and it was coming from the bathroom. I opened the door and there... there was a... a monster in the bathtub ove-over my mom and... and...” She broke down in tears again as the tub drained out.

“Hey, hey... Everything is okay now. You don’t have to cry. It was just a nightmare and it’s over.”

Scootaloo almost tackled me and held onto me tight, sobbing into my chest. “I WAS SO SCARED!” she cried out, her hot tears starting to stain my coat. “I WAS ALONE AGAIN AND AND-”

I held her close and comforted the little filly as she cried her eyes out, not knowing just what to say to make it better. The room just went silent, save for the sound of the tub filling with fresh water.

“Don’t worry...: I finally said under my breath. “Remember what I said? It’ll get better.”

Scootaloo looked up to me and sniffled aloud. “Yeah... It just... It just doesn’t feel that way... I feel like I’ll hurt like this forever...”

Helping her into the bathtub, I ran a hoof through her mane, my husk of a heart just seeming to fall to pieces at the very sight of her so... so broken.

It was like looking at myself as a kid all over again.

“Then that’s how you’re going to feel,” I said flatly. “If all you can think is ‘I’m not going to get better,’ then that’s how you’re going to feel for the rest of your life. Your life isn’t going to turn around and get better until you realize that you need to make it better.”

“I... I never thought of it like that...” the little filly said, managing a small smile. “I just... I just gotta think positive, right?”

I gave her a nod as she sat down in the tub and pulled out a bottle of shampoo and gave it to her. “That’s right. When everything feels bad and the whole world is against you, just think about the bright side of life and what you’re thankful for.”

Scootaloo’s smile grew until she let out a little giggle. “Thanks.”

Look at me: Daymos, motivational speaker. I see now why ponies get into this kind of work... It’s just so easy to say what other ponies want to hear. If the killing thing falls through, I might just have a whole other line of work.

Getting to my hooves, I made my way to the bathroom door.“There are towels in the cabinet. Just drain the tub when you’re done, dry yourself off, and you can sleep on the couch. I’ll have your sheets cleaned by morning.”

“Thank you... And Daymos!”

I stopped short and stood in the doorway, waiting for her to say something.

“I know I’ve said it a bunch of times already, but I gotta say it again... Thank you.” The little filly smiled at me and I smiled back.

“Think nothing of it.”

I felt that warm feeling again in the pit of my black heart and made my way upstairs and into Scootaloo’s room, feeling just a little less disgust about cleaning her sheets. And to me, that spoke volumes.

She’s like a skin tumor... I thought with a little laugh as I balled up the sheets and carried them into the laundry room. And now she’s metastasized to my heart...

As I threw the sheets away into the washing machine, my mind drifted back to the daydream I was having in the tub and that happy feeling I was having was cut short as I remembered the kind of mess I was in.

“Twilight...”

* * *

The high from the kills had worn off and I was struck with the sudden realization that I not only still had to get rid of the bodies but clean the room too. The knife in Cherry Fizz's skull had killed him quickly, but blood had pooled around his head and was flowing from the linoleum floor of the bathroom and seeping into the carpet with each passing second.

“Okay, okay... I got time. All I need are a bunch of garbage bags and some bleach and-”

A knock at the door sent my heart racing. Please let it be a cleaning lady who'll just walk away I silently hoped, prayed. But no...

“Hello? Cherry Drop? Cherry Fizz? It's me, Twilight! I'm back from the store and I have everything.”

I ran a hoof down my face and let out a frustrated groan. Three of them... There were three of them? Three killers? This is just crazy, how can they-

As I paced the floor in panic, my eyes hit a newspaper on the nightstand with a personal ad circled.

Fun loving brother and sister looking for friendly mare or stallion to join in on World's Fair fun. For more information, call-

My eyes darted around and it all started to make a little more sense.

Okay... The killings always had a stallion and a mare... She may not be a part of their sick little murder pack. She may have been another pony they planned on killing.

“Umm... Think you can open the door? I don't have a keycard...”

I did the only thing I could think of at the time and went silent, stood ramrod stiff, and prayed to whatever powers that be that she'd just walk away.

Finally, after five minutes of knocking and calling out, she walked away.

I waited just a few more seconds and bolted over to the bed, grabbing up as many sheets as I could.

“Gotta get to work,” I grumbled.

Gathering up at least four sets of sheets, two on the bed and two in a cabinet. I ran over to Cherry Drop first and started to wrap her from head to toe in the sheets, turning them into a makeshift bag. It didn't take long to get Cherry Drop taken care of, but Cherry Fizz was another story... I needed to get the knife out of his skull, but it was easier said than done. I grabbed it, twisted it, yanked it, even braced my hooves against his face and pulled as hard as I could, but it was still stuck.

“You useless little...” Backing up, I kicked Fizz upside the head in anger and frustration, unable believe what was happening. I used what sheets I had left to bag him up as well, just like his sister and had two big, white cloth bags, one starting to turn a little red.

Gotta get rid of them...

I managed a smile as I glanced at the window and ran over it, looking over the side. “Dumpster down there... I think I can drop them both down there and-”

“I'm so sorry that you were locked out, Ms. Sparkle...”

Voices. Voices getting closer.

“It's okay. I just don't want to be waiting out in the hallway for when they get back...”

A familiar voice.

Glancing at the two sheet bags, I grabbed them both and sprinted towards the door, flinging open the window and tossing them out without a second glance.

The bodies are gone... Except I'm still here...

I heard somepony grab at the doorknob and jiggle it, sending me into full panic mode.

I'm not getting caught. I'm not going to get caught. I'M NOT GOING TO GET CAUGHT

Looking out the window again at the dumpster below, I took some solace in the fact that both bodies were sitting comfortably three floors below. What I didn't like was the fact that if I wanted to get out of here, I couldn't take the front door and I couldn’t hide.

That only left me with one option.

So I started to climb out of the window and just as I got most of myself out, the door opened and I slipped, my hooves scrambling and clinging to the ledge below. While my heart hammered in my chest and every fiber of my being screamed that this was a bad idea, this Twilight girl and what I could only guess was a representative of the hotel walked around the room.

“Huh, it doesn't seem like they're here... Wait... What’s... OH MY GOSH! Look! There's blood! Oh dear Celestia, there’s so much...”

I hit my head against the brick wall of the building, angry at quite a lot of things at that very moment, but mostly because I had left a crime scene.

I had never left a crime scene... It's always been one nice, neat kill. But no, Twilight had to have been there.

And even after they left to call the police and I had managed to pull myself up without falling below to my death, she had to be there just as I was going to leave and I thought I was in the clear.

“Excuse me sir, but do you know these two?” the purple unicorn asked as I tried to hurry away, hoping just to make it home.

I stopped in my tracks and looked to her with a smile before glancing at the picture she held up and nodding. “Well, actually, yes... I was invited to drinks with them,” I said with a small smile. “But I... Well, I couldn't exactly hold my liquor and I guess I passed out. I woke up just as they were going to bring me into their room so I could sober up.”

You see, that's the key to lying. Not making up fantastic stories to fool people, but twisting the truth into something to suit your needs.

Twilight nodded slowly. “Did you?”

I shook my head and leaned against the wall. “No... I was feeling sick and just wanted to go back to my hotel room and sleep it off, but before I could even get halfway down the hallway, everything started spinning, and I had to dash for the bathroom.”

“Okay, I understand... My name's Twilight, Twilight Sparkle, by the way.”

Twilight can be a really common name, but the only mare with the name Twilight Sparkle was Princess Celestia’s prized student. And I realized just how much trouble I was in.

“And I'm trying to find out just what happened to the Cherry twins. With the amount of blood in their room, all I can think of is foul play... So I'm trying to learn as much as I can before I start an official investigation.”

By now, I was screaming internally. If anypony were to find out just what happened, it would be her.

“What's your name, if you don't mind me asking?”

I tried my best to imitate the mare's innocent smile. “Daymos... It's a... pleasure to meet you, Miss Sparkle.”

For the second time...

“But I think I'm going to take my leave for now,” I said, nodding towards the road. “I've had a rough day today and I just want to get back home to Ponyville...”

“Alright Daymos... You have a safe trip home!” Twilight called out with a smile and a wave.

I waved back and started the long walk back to the train station, where I hoped to put as much distance between her and me as possible.

But... Happenstance is a funny thing. Not two weeks later, Twilight moved into the library that used to belong to Miss Cloudview, the former librarian with a thing for making her own snuff films.

And she saw me in the marketplace. I was picking up some cleaning chemicals when she ran up to me. I nearly wet myself like a frightened foal at the sight of her running up to me. I half expected to see a contingent of Royal Guard behind her, but no.

She ran up to me, smiling. “Oh my gosh, Daymos! Do you remember me?”

How could I forget...

“Twilight? Oh hi! What brings you here?”

“Oh, I was just taking a look around since I moved in. What about you? On another vacation?”

I should have kept my mouth shut, but I didn’t... Instead, I chatted with her, told her what I did for a living, where I lived, and entered a little business arrangement. And from there, it all just sort of rolled downhill the more she started calling me ‘friend.’

But, being close to her opened a door into the investigations... All I had to do was ask her about what happened in Canterlot and she told me everything. They searched the room from top to bottom and collected a few stray hairs, but they had nothing else to go. Not only that, but they couldn’t find a single trace of the twin’s bodies.

I lucked out. The dumpster was most likely emptied and taken to a landfill where they’ve been rotting away ever since.

So I let my guard down. I started falling into a false sense of security. And I should have known better. But now I feel like the house of cards that Daymos has called his castle is starting to crumble...

I ran hoof down my face and wandered into my room. I was tired and I had an early day tomorrow. The last thing I needed was to stress over things I had no way of changing. So I turned my mind towards the things I actually had control.

Laundry was in the washing machine. It’d go in the dryer when I wake up. I’ll have my morning shower, make myself look nice, and meet Pinkie Pie at Sugar Cube Corner by 8 AM.

Afterall, Pinkie still wanted to sit down and have that meal and chat at some point.

So I thought it’d be better to get this little dinner-date out of the way sooner, rather than later.

A date with Pinkie Pie...

Staring up to the ceiling and listening to the tub drain before hearing the little filly walk across the floor and thinking about those words ‘date’, all I could do was sigh in frustration.

“What’s happened to my life? When did my life become so... unfair?”