• Published 23rd Aug 2014
  • 868 Views, 19 Comments

The Great and Daydreaming Trixie's Adventures - ShadeJak



The young Trixie Lulamoon has big dreams and an even bigger imagination that will make each day an adventure in itself!

  • ...
2
 19
 868

Where No Filly Has Gone Before

“Hey there, Trix!” Vinyl said, announcing her presence as Trixie emerged from her latest class. “Anything new and exciting?”

“Well, it looks like everypony’s finally forgetting about me making a fool of myself on the playground three days ago,” Trixie answered. “I was just playing. We don’t have recess together so I was… well… alone,” she said, hanging her head.

“Right, bummer, that,” Vinyl answered.

Trixie sighed. When last she was on the playground, she had been trying to save Equestria from a terrible demon from the depths of Tartarus with the Sun Sphere, a sacred relic from Princess Celestia herself that was meant to defeat the beast, but all it did was make it mad and chase her all over the land blasting her with magic.

“I heard you threw a dirt clod at Sunset Shimmer. I know she’s the biggest jerk and all but still, I wouldn’t wanna keep getting on her bad side,” Vinyl said, checking her music player.

“Trixie fears nopony!” the filly declared proudly.

“Is that so?” a smug voice said behind them, causing both fillies to turn.

“Uhhh hey, Sunset!” Vinyl said with a nervous smile as she stared up at their visitor. “Nice afternoon, huh?”

“Oh, yes, very much…” Sunset walked past them, deliberately shoving them both as she did and looking back at the two with disdain. “Honestly, Vinyl… it’s no surprise you spend all your time listening to music, and looking to this clumsy piece of work as a friend,” she explained, her smug tone not fading in the least. “...Because you’re not gonna amount to being anything but a slob with ear-grinding noise for music that only ponies less air-headed then you would ever want to listen to.”

Vinyl grit her teeth, Trixie was about to open her mouth to speak when Sunset cut her off.

“Don’t bother. I know what you’re going to say. That sales pitch about becoming a great and powerful magician that got stale the first time I heard it?” Sunset asked, sneering at her. “Me, on the other hoof? Let’s just say I already know my destiny, and trust me, it came from a very reliable source!” she said, continuing on her way. Whatever Sunset's words had meant, both fillies could tell the upperclass-pony seemed completely serious and even showed a hint of excitement about it.

As Sunset continued down the hall, Vinyl sighed, downcast. “I really, really don’t like her,” she muttered.

“Hmph, she can act all big all she wants, but one day Trixie Lulamoon is gonna be better then she’ll ever be!” Trixie said angrily.

“Me, too,” Vinyl said. A moment of silence passed before the white filly spoke up again. “So, where’re you off to?” she asked.

“The observatory. Trixie has an Astronomy assignment to do,” Trixie replied.

“Oh, with all the star patterns and history of the moon and stuff?” Vinyl asked.

“They’re called constellations,” Trixie answered.

“Yeah, what you said,” Vinyl replied. “I just read a lotta Star Trot and Space Pony Wars comics so that’s about all I know.”

“Pfft, Star Trot is colt stuff. Trixie does admit to enjoying Space Pony Wars, though. At least before they started making those prequel stories,” the other filly said, beginning to walk towards the hall leading to the observatory.

“Makes you wonder, though, doesn’t it? If there’s other worlds out there like in those stories,” Vinyl mused. “That’d be seriously cool!” The filly floated her headphones off her neck and to her ears. “Well, I’m gonna let you get to work, the sun’s gonna go down soon, anyway,” she said. “Get in touch with me tomorrow! We’ll hang out again.” With that, the white filly gave Trixie a wave and galloped off down the hall, leaving Trixie alone with the winding stairway ahead of her.

Opening the door that awaited her when she reached the top of the stairs, Trixie found herself in a large room with a domed, glass ceiling that allowed her to see the entire sky. Several telescopes stood in the room, allowing ponies who would need them to get a closer look at the stars when night came. Having been the great and intelligent Trixie and all, the filly had been smart enough to get the assignment done right away rather then wait the rest of the week when others would be filling the place up, so she now had it all to herself!

Sitting down and floating her notebook from her saddlebag, Trixie turned the telescope she was sitting next to towards herself and waited. A few minutes passed, and the sun finally crept below the horizon and the moon rose up seconds after, granting Trixie a full view of the night sky. With a big smile on her face, the filly rushed over and eagerly peered through the telescope, looking at the moon and spotting the pattern that resembled a pony’s face. “Mare on the moon, check!” the filly said with a triumphant giggle, using her magic to scribble down some notes and returned her attention to the stars that now filled the sky. "The ever-watchful Trixie will have this assignment done in no time!"

She had to admit, now that she was getting a better look at them, the stars were very pretty, and Vinyl’s comment earlier about other worlds suddenly came to mind. It would have been way more cool, cooler then imaginable to travel among those stars, and for ponies to make the kind of super high-tech space colonies like they had in Space Pony Wars, and become a cool space hero the whole cosmos would know!

“If only it were that cool,” the filly muttered as she felt her eyelids get heavy from a long day of work. Any effort to stay awake and continue her assignment quickly gave in to the sweet, sweet embrace of sleep.

~o~o~o~o~o~o~

Two thousand years into the future, ponies had not only learned how to travel into the cosmos but make their homes there. Colonies and ships of all shapes and sizes drifted and flew around the stars in the great ocean of space, living in peace and forming the Celestial Republic.

But peace did not last, for a new threat from the darker parts of the Horsehead System; an evil force of conquerors known only as the Midnight Empire rapidly began to grow in power, seizing numerous colonies and worlds under their villainous rule as their mysterious leader draws ever-closer to reach the center of the Republic. Their one goal? To blot out the sun and bring darkness to all worlds forever!

When it seemed all was lost, a hero was found; a hero who had the power and greatness, the bravery, and the coolness to stop the Empire’s leader and bring back peace to the Republic. And her name was…

“Trixie Lulamoon! Also known as the Star Mare!” the blue unicorn filly in the purple space suit with a big silver star on the neck declared proudly, tossing back her long coat dramatically as she stood on her hind legs for a moment to pose.

“Star Mare…?” one guard asked, raising an eyebrow.

“No, THE Star Mare!” Trixie corrected them with a smirk. “Nopony else is cool enough to have that name so there is only one, and I am she!”

“Yeah, whatever,” the second guard said. “Anyway, the Star Mare,” he continued, the sarcasm in how he said their visitor’s name not concealed in the least. “Her Highness will see you, now.”

“Yay!” Trixie cheered, rushing through the metal doors as they slid open and found herself in a beautiful white chamber, a massive window overlooking the gorgeous landscape of a forest world where several colonies hovered just above the planet. Seated at a throne and flanked by four guards was Princess Celestia, the benevolent leader of the Celestial Republic. Immediately the filly bowed respectively to her.

“You may rise, Trixie Lulamoon, the Star Mare of the Horsehead System,” Celestia said, prompting the filly to comply.

“You have called for me, Princess?” Trixie asked.

“Indeed, I require a pony of your extensive skill and greatness to handle a task of utmost importance,” she stood from her throne and her horn glowed, opening a circular panel on the floor that lit up, creating a hologram image of a large fleet surrounding a circular object. “As you know, our efforts against the Midnight Empire have been unsuccessful. They seem to be assisted by some ancient and dark magic that I cannot identify, and their goal appears to be to eclipse the sun, which our Republic is dependant on. Were they to succeed, our system will fall into eternal darkness and they will be unstoppable,” she explained.

“And what do you want me to do?” the filly asked.

“Our forces have attempted an open assault but they have done well at keeping us back. I believe, however, there may still be a chance; a chance for a pony as skilled as yourself to sneak aboard their new station and face their leader, you should be able to find a way to deactivate it. By doing so, their plans will be halted.

“The Star Mare is always happy to blow up those Midnight jerks!” Trixie declared proudly. “But why would they do such a thing? Who would have anything to gain from there being no sun?”

“I do not understand their leader’s motives, but that is not important,” the Princess replied. “What matters is that they do not succeed in their plans. Can I trust you with this mission? Your reward will be great.”

“Half now, half after is my usual fee,” Trixie replied.

“Of course. Arrangements will be made, and I wish you the best of luck,” Celestia replied, giving a nod to the young hero.

~

“Ready VIN-1” Trixie asked her ship navigation system.

“Like I wouldn’t be!” the speakers replied, a holographic image of a white unicorn with a wild blue mane appearing on the dashboard.

“Then let’s teach the Midnight scum they crossed the wrong pony!” Trixie cheered as she flew her ship from the cruiser hangar and towards the approaching enemy fleet.

Dark blue ships flew all around her, engaged in combat with silvery white ones. Trixie rolled out of the way of an incoming ship as it fired several blasts of magical energy from its guns. Up ahead, the filly could see the massive, dark sphere that was the Midnight Empire’s station which they intended to eclipse the sun with. No doubt it was well-armored and defended. If she was going to get inside, she’d have to find a way to make the launch bay door open again, and she knew of only one way to do that.

“VIN-1! Get ready, because we’re gonna blow up a buncha these guys!” the filly ordered, pressing a button and a pair of targeting goggles lowered from the panel above her and rested in front of her eyes.

“Combat mode enabled. Let’s do this!” the holographic pony replied, summoning a turntable and exciting music began playing.

Weaving about through space, Trixie’s starfighter dodged every blast the enemy fired at her, shooting back with incredible aim and leaving countless fighters blown to tiny bits. With the other fighter ships from the Celestial Republic helping out, she knew they’d have the results she was aiming for in no time.

“Hey, one more and you’ll top your old score!” VIN-1 cheered.

“Well let’s see if we can get it, then!” Trixie replied, before noticing energy blasts shoot past her ship from behind. “Uh oh…” She pressed a button on her control board and an image came up of an Imperial fighter on her tail.

“Think you can stop us?” a male voice asked on her speakers that belonged to the other ship’s pilot. “Space will be your graveyard!” he declared.

“Not if the Star Mare can help it!” Trixie declared, pulling her controls toward her and performing a backflip that put her behind the enemy ship.

“What the heck?!” the other pilot cried out just before Trixie unloaded several blasts of magic from her ship’s guns, blowing the enemy fighter to smithereens.

“Woo-HOO! Now that’s what I’m talking about!” VIN-1 cheered. “Adjusting new score!”

“Yay! The Star Mare wins again!” Trixie shouted out, pressing the switch for her targeting goggles and they retracted back into the ceiling panel. Narrowing her eyes at the gigantic station that lay ahead, she waited patiently. “Come on, open up!” she said impatiently.

Seconds passed, and a light appeared at the center, ships beginning to fly out of it. “Ha-ha! Let’s go, VIN-1!” She declared, setting her thrusters to maximum as she soared past the enemy fighters and towards the launch bay, blasting a ship in front of her to bits before it could collide with her. The bay door began to close as she got nearer, but Trixie’s ship was faster. Before it could close too much, the small fighter bolted through and landed in the hangar.

“Looks like we gotta give ‘em a hello!” the holographic unicorn said, adjusting her shades. “Adjust to rapid-fire?” she asked.

“Absolutely!” Trixie replied, and in seconds the surprised imperial troops standing in the hanger were blasted away. “Sorry, foals, but the Star Mare has an appointment with your boss!” she declared, shutting down her ship and leaping out of the hatch door as it opened. “Later, VIN-1! Don’t do anything Trixie wouldn’t!” she said, floating out her remote from her jacket and the ship let out a beeping sound confirming its defense mode was on in case anypony tried to tamper with it in Trixie’s absence.

As she prepared to leave the hangar, the iris door ahead of her suddenly opened and a group of unicorns in black space armor rushed at her, their horns glowing as they prepared to attack.

“Ha! You foals think you have what it takes to top the amazing Star Mare?” Trixie asked with a grin, using her magic to summon a barrier that blocked their magic attacks. Leaping behind a stack of metal crates, Trixie noticed a rolled up cable laying next to them and focused her magic on it, using it to lash out at the enemy troops as they charged for her, causing them to all trip over it and on top of one-another. Satisfied, the filly rushed past them and through the door, racing up several metal stairs and up to an elevator, pressing the up button with her hoof. In an instant the doors slid open and Trixie stepped aboard.

Listening to the catchy elevator music, the renowned space hero tapped her hoof as she felt herself ascend higher and higher into the imposing space station. “Get ready, evil ruler of the Midnight Empire, the Star Mare is coming for you!” Trixie declared proudly as she saw the light confirming they’d reached the bridge floor go off and the doors slid open. By her guess the means of shutting down the station would be here, and with everypony looking for her, their leader would be, too. She felt a brief knot in her stomach as the anticipation grew ever-stronger, but she couldn’t turn back now. She had a republic and countless ponies to save!

The moment she stepped out of the elevator and into the hall, several gun turrets emerged from the walls, firing continuous energy blasts at her. Thinking quickly, Trixie summoned her barrier to deflect them. While this did provide her cover, she could not get any closer to the door at the end while she sustained it. How do I get by, now?! she wondered, looking at her surroundings as her barrier took even more abuse from the endless gunfire. Looking ahead, she decided she had no other option.

“One… two… THREE!” Quick as a flash, Trixie dropped her barrier and sprinted to the side, the guns taking a second to re-adjust before firing again. Running as fast as she could, Trixie maintained her zig-zag pattern to just narrowly stay ahead of the gunfire and reach the door, slamming her hoof on the switch with one great leap and causing the iris to slide open, allowing her entry before the guns could strike her down as she did a quick roll inside.

The next corridor was empty, save for windows along the left side that overlooked the battle going on outside as Trixie slowly ascended a winding metal stairway leading up. As she drew closer to the top, the filly noticed several strange statues of batponies decorating the walls; an odd choice for a space station if she’d ever seen one. The filly didn’t have much time to ponder it as she finally reached a large double door at the stairs’ peak that immediately slid apart when she arrived, allowing her access into the station’s bridge. Taking a deep breath as she knew her foe no doubt was expecting her, Trixie entered.

The room was pitch-black, and Trixie heard a sinister laugh as several lights cut on, illuminating the chamber. Several control panels were up ahead but strangely abandoned, and the windows were covered with metal shutters. The center of the room had a large holographic map of the sector where the battle was taking place, as well as the station’s placement and distance from its destination, and a large throne hovered above it in the air, facing away from her.

“Welcome, Star Mare, or do you prefer Trixie Lulamoon?” a female voice asked from the throne as it turned around, facing the young space hero and revealing its occupant.

Trixie recognized her in an instant. “Countess Midnight Shade?!” she asked, shocked by the discovery.

“You were expecting Nightmare Moon?” the vampire unicorn asked with a haughty laugh. She had a yellow coat, a flowing red and gold mane, and a black high-collared cape with a purple inside trim, held together with a silver broach resembling a bat. “The last time anypony ever sought to challenge me, they were scared off by an alarm clock of all things! I’ve waited a very long time for an opportunity to face another renowned hero who thinks herself worthy of my attention, and who else was there, but you?”

“Is that why you wanted to eclipse the sun and take over the Celestial Republic?” Trixie asked.

“Oh, no. I’m not that petty,” the Countess replied with a hoofwave. “I’m a vampire, little filly. The sun is bad for my complexion. How else was I going to conquer the entire Horsehead System if daytime still existed? You’re here to be made an example of for anypony who tries to oppose me!”

“If you think you can beat the greatest and most powerfulest hero of the space age, you’re wrong, Countess! The Star Mare shall see to that!” Trixie declared, taking a defensive stance.

The vampire unicorn let out another noblemare’s laugh. “Oh-ho-ho! This is going to be fun!” she said, flashing a grin down at the filly that revealed a pair of long, sharp fangs before swishing her cape over herself and vanishing from her throne in a flash of green light.

Instantly she reappeared in front of Trixie, backhoofing her with supernatural strength and sending her rocketing towards the door. Thinking quickly, Trixie summoned her barrier, protecting her from the impact before she landed to the floor. The Countess let out a laugh as she hovered in the air, opening her cape and shooting three fireballs at the filly, who quickly rolled out of the way to avoid them as they exploded against the door. Scowling a little, the Countess wrapped her cape around herself and vanished once more, reappearing further up in the air as she suddenly swooped down at Trixie, her mouth opened wide as she attempted to bite her but Trixie managed to catch her with a blast of magic that sent the vampire spinning backwards in the air. Gritting her teeth angrily, Countess Midnight raised her hoof up and dark magic crackled around her horn, dancing down along her upraised hoof and into the air. Trixie’s eyes widened in horror as she hurriedly summoned her barrier again to protect herself from a barrage of lightning bolts.

“What’s the matter, hero? Gonna run away like the last one?” the Countess taunted as the lightning finally subsided.

“The Star Mare admits she was not prepared to face vampires!” Trixie protested indignantly, firing another magic blast at the Countess, but missed her as she teleported away. “But she will win regardless!”

“Keep telling yourself that, foal!” Countess Midnight shouted, reappearing directly in front of Trixie and fanning out her cape again, shooting three fireballs at her once more. Trixie’s barrier managed to keep her from getting incinerated, but the force of the explosions was enough to knock her backwards and send her rolling across the metal floor. “A mere mortal filly against a creature of darkness, it doesn’t matter what you are! Brash monster hunter, overconfident space hero, or hopeful magic student! You’re the same second-rate nopony through and through that’s all talk and no show!” she explained as she landed and began to approach.

Trixie’s eyes snapped open, and she turned to face the vampire countess with her magic fully charged. Midnight lunged at her, fangs bared but Trixie set off a burst of smoke, slipping out of the way as her enemy flew past her and crashed into the floor, tumbling into the door. As Countess Midnight stood herself back up, she saw the young filly smirking as her horn continued glowing. The vampire barely had time to register what was going on as Trixie fired a magical blast at her, knocking her back over.

“You’ll pay for that!” the Countess shouted, raising her hooves up and she became a solid black silhouette that suddenly broke apart into a swarm of bats that began flying all around Trixie, swatting at her with their wings and knocking her around as they continuously slammed into her. The filly would not give up, though. She was greater and more powerful then any vampire!

Struggling against the onslaught from the bats, Trixie summoned her barrier again as she attempted to protect herself so she could come up with something, anything that could destroy the Countess. Her eyes fell upon the shutters covering the bridge windows and she grew curious. Why would she… Trixie’s eyes turned to the holographic map in the center of the room. “Of course!” Trixie shouted with an excited cheer, using her magic to drop her barrier long enough to create another explosion of smoke and made a run for the control panel. Just as she reached it and found a switch that indicated raising and lowering the window shutters, the filly noticed the bats flock together and reform into Countess Midnight once more.

“What do you think you’re doing?” the Countess asked, spreading her cape open again to fire another trio of fireballs at the filly, just as Trixie hit the switch with her hoof and the window shutters immediately slid upward, revealing the sun behind them. Countess Midnight had barely enough time to scream as her body instantly exploded in a burst of ash, bringing an end to the vampire pony’s evil ambitions of galactic conquest.

"So who's the winner now, Countess Dust-Pile?" the young space hero asked triumphantly, kicking away the Countess' smoking remains for good measure.

The filly let out a sigh of relief as she turned around and hit the giant red button that was the station's power switch, and the sound of the its power draining could be heard all around her. Smiling in satisfaction, Trixie turned and looked out the window, relieved as the sun shined in the distance and the Celestial Republic could now live another day thanks to the great and heroic deeds of the Star Mare!

~o~o~o~o~o~o~

Trixie moaned softly as she rubbed her eyes, realizing that she’d been laying right under the sunlight that now shined in her face. Turning over, the young filly looked around and saw she was still in the school observatory. Her notebook lay open before her, filled with a few doodles and scribbles, but not nearly enough notes she would have needed to get anywhere for her Astronomy report. A quick look at the clock and the sun outside told the unicorn all she needed to know about the ugly and embarrassing truth of the situation.

“Oh noooo! I've gotta wait a whole 'nother day, now! Stupid sleepiness!” she whined indignantly, falling on her back and kicking her legs up angrily that she now had to spend another night up here for her assignment.

Author's Note:

And finally, another chapter done. Hope you all enjoyed the plot twist for the final battle. One more chapter left to go, and thanks everyone for sticking with me so far! :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 4 )

I was expecting Nightmare Moon actually. And as petty as the Countess's plan is, it does make sense, it is hard to conquer anything if you're a pile of dust.

5094579

Not to mention it all exists in little filly Trixie's fantasies, so she's more likely to dream up an alter-ego of her school nemesis that she has a more personal vendetta with as an enemy to face at the end. :rainbowdetermined2:

But yes, were that adventure's setting applied anywhere else, it obviously would have been Nightmare Moon.

YAY! More of Trixie and her never ending fantasies! I hope Trixie gets to knock down Sunset Shimmer a bottomless pit few pegs.

5095345 Given enough time Sunset will do that all on her own. ;)

Login or register to comment