• Published 16th Apr 2012
  • 3,840 Views, 114 Comments

Long Way Gone - DiscordsAdvocate



A story loosely based on Outland, crossovered with MLP: FIM.

  • ...
8
 114
 3,840

Chapter Not Appearing in this Story

Hello readers! In celebration of breaking 100 favorites and finishing this story, I have two announcements.

1) I am working on the sequel. I decided I love the story and setting so much, my mind is pumped to continue writing on it. However, its gonna be a bit slower due to IRL stuff. But it is being worked on.

2) While your waiting for the sequel, I have requested the artistic talents of a talented artist (this redundancy was approved by the Department of Redundancy Department) to make 5 artworks of the best parts of Long Way Gone that I can afford for him to make. I am not sure how long until I get all five of them, so I'll post them to this chapter as they come in, with an announcement on my blog when the next one comes in.

Thank you for your attention.

Artist is this dude: http://alienmastermind.deviantart.com/


First Panel AlienMastermind! The scene is from Chapter 2 when Darius explains all to the mane six. I must say I like how the character is shown in this. The art is like Samurai Jack meets MLP:FIM. The glowing auras of his markings are a nice touch. Though in these scene, he isn't as relaxed and cheerful :-P , but oh well.

This scene is from chapter 3. Dash and Darius versus golems. And overall, exactly how I would picture them! :)

Comments ( 20 )

Kewl! Can't wait to start editing that as well!

629054

The sequel or the artwork? :rainbowlaugh:

629216
The sequel of course! I ain't got shit for art skillz!

674627

As it says in the description, its loosely based on the game, Outland for the Xbox 360 (Indie game, not enough to be a crossover fic). I have seen so many HiE fanfics that involve space-travel and interdimensional stuff of humans from Earth, but few (if any) that would involve humans (so to speak) whom are native to the world where Equestria is. So I decided to tell a story like that, while borrowing the concepts of Outland as a foundation for creating the human society, which the main protagonist hails from.

678731

Whoops, browser error = repeat post. :twilightblush:

921956

Thanks for your comment and musings. :pinkiesmile:

1026825

Simple. He <censored> with Dash and <censored> <censored> <censored> right before they <censored> <censored> <censored>. Pretty straight forward. :rainbowlaugh:

:moustache:Have to say i was a sceptic at first but after power reading this fic I've come to like it. Good job mate. :rainbowlaugh:

7416373
I don't even remember reading this story.

Will reread at some point I guess.

7416737

I look back at this and am like "wow, I made this, I could have done so much better compared to what I make now. Oh well, still a nice coffee-break read."

7417155
Nice to see a fellow 2012er still kicking. Most of them have disappeared / left by now, so congrats on making it this far. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment