• Published 27th Jun 2014
  • 1,643 Views, 65 Comments

You can't pick family - TheNomad



A Rampaging dragon walks into Ponyville, what could happen?

  • ...
12
 65
 1,643

[Not Edited] Chapter 2 "Frolaaz"

"Wait! One second!" Spike said. "You come in here trying to kill my friends and then you say you're my sister? No... just NO!" he yelled. "You just don't do that to someone!"

Twilight watched as Spike threw off the dragoness's arms from his shoulders. She also saw the extremely hurt expression on her face. "Spike..." Twilight said softly as she put a hand on his shoulder.

"And another thing is, where the HELL WERE YOU?!" Spike shouted ignoring Twilight. "Huh! Can you tell me that! If you even are my sister!"

"Spike we don't even know her side of the story." Twilight said hand holding him back as he took a step at the other dragon.

The dragoness took a step back "Zeymah frolaaz zey. Zu'u nunon nunon rund hi. Lig, Zu'u dreh ni laan wah saan hi ahk!" she said shakily as tears welled up in her eyes.

"Twilight, somepony just-just can't do that! It's been over a decade and a half!" Spike said sternly

"I know, but look at her. She wasn't in her right mind a moment ago, remember." Twilight gestured to the female dragon that was now on her knees, palms to her eyes a she softly sobbed.

"Er, but Twilight she called me her mate!"

"Like i said, she wasn't in her right mind. Now go to her, she obviously cares about you."

"I hate it when you're right..." He grumbled.

"I know, now please go to her. If not for her, for me."

Sighing Spike walked up to the crying dragon.

"Zu'u dreh ni laan wah saan hi. Frolaaz zey, lig, frolaaz zey." She silently repeated to herself.

"Hey," Spike said softly as he knelled next to the other dragon. Hesitantly he set a hand on the dragon's shoulder. "Look, I'm sorry I yelled at you."

The dragoness sniffed and wiped her nose with a back of her claw. "Nid, Zu'u los krosis." She grabbed Spike's hand. "No, I be sorry."

"Why?"

She moved Spike's hand to her cheek. "Zu'u went fel, Zu'u fend lost held nau. Should of held on. Zu'u shouldn't lost sizaan hi. Lost you. Zu'u fend lost fey." She caressed Spike's claw as she held it to her face. She closed her eyes as she leaned into his claw. "Zeymah, fun zey do hin faan. Tell of your name." She asked with her eyes still closed.

"My name?" He asked.

"Geh. Yes."

"Well my name is Spike."

"Lingrah, grotiin haaljusk." She opened her eyes and removed Spike's claw from her cheek. She looked at his nails, examining them closely. "Geh. Yes. Nii kovon. It fits."

"So, what is your name? I never got it."

"Dii faan los Barbara. I am Barbara." The now named Barbara said.

"Nice to meet you, Barbara."

A soft smile crossed her lips and a tear slid down her face. "Nidro dremsil wah grind hi ahk, Spike. It good to meet you, Spike."

A smile of his own started to make it's way on his face. "Why don't we get out of this old barn. It's getting stuffy."

Barbara nodded and stood up along side with Spike. Twilight noted that Barbara was almost a full head taller than Spike. "Eh, put this on." Spike said taking off his torn hoodie and held it out to her. "Don't want to going out there completely naked."

Barbara took the hoodie and tied it around her waist. "Nox hi" She said with a nod of her head.

"No... you don't put it on like that. Here let me help." Spike said holding his hand out. Barbara untied the hoodie and handed it back to him. "Hold out your arms." Barbara held out her arms in a "T" pose. Taking one sleeve he slid it onto her arm and then did so with the other.

"Daar fraan rinik likaan. Feels weird."

"Don't worry you'll get used to it." He said as he zipped up her hoodie. Then making a come along motion with one hand all three of them started to make their way out of the barn. Once outside Twilight introduced herself to herself know the the female dragon.

"Excuse me, Barbara but I believe we didn't exchange names. So, hello I'm Twilight Sparkle. " She said holding out a hand.

Barbara looked at Twilight then to her hand. Then back to her with her head cocked to the left. She blinked a few times before saying "Oh... Zu'u mindok do daar! I know of this! Gruz nix ponies. A greeting between ponies." Barbara then took Twilight's hand in both of her own and gave Twilight's hand a good shake. Letting go she then put her hands on the back of Twilight's head and kissed her. Removing her hands from Twilight's head. Barbara then said with a sharp toothed smile. "Good to meet you! I am called Barbara."

"Uh-uh-shhi-eit... um ah. Ll-ll-l..." Twilight like let out an audible gulp as she tried to hide the thick blush forming on her cheeks. "L-Likewise." Twilight managed to forced out as she look anywhere but the dragon in front of her. Her eyes grazing over where Fluttershy once lay. "What happened to Fluttershy?"

"You told me to tell AJ to take her to the E.R." Spike reminded.

"Oh, yeah." Twilight said as she looked back at the half naked dragon. "I'll teleport to Applejack to see if she'll let you borrow some clothes. Hopefully she will." Twilight lit her horn up and with a flash.

Barbara and Spike heard Twilight let out a pained grunt before falling to the ground. "Twilight!" Spike said worriedly as he rushed to her side. "You okay?" He asked as her helped her up.

"Yeah... agh... just forgot about the magic feedback." Sighing she said. "Looks like we're walking."

"Into town with a half naked dragon?"

"No, to our house, so we can let her borrow some of my clothes." Looking back to Barbara she leaned back and whispered said to Spike. "Hopefully they'll fit her. She's almost as tall as Big Mac."

Author's Note:

Tell me what you think of the chapter. I don't have an editor so please point out anything you spot while reading, I'm not all that good with spotting my own mistakes. Also if you're wonder what Barbara is saying, use this to translate. Or for later chapters, if you want, I can translate what she says down here. If you want me to to that, leave a comment saying so. Also just leave any feedback. Seriously though, I enjoy feedback, and I love reading comments. I read all of them... Any whoo... all of you, have a great one!

Comments ( 12 )

6420700 I'm so happy that it could make your day just a little bit more awesome! :)

so is she going to speak Dovahzul the whole time or will she learn english

6420717 She parsley knows English, but as time goes on she will be using it more and more. Right now however she mostly just says something in the Dragon tong then in English.

hi tinvaak onik rot aal daar tey fahbo wah kos moorus:pinkiehappy:

6420735 Zu'u fen unt wah dein tey moor ahrk upbeat! Zu'u vis kaat hi tol.

Well, the concept is interesting, anyway.

"Wait! One second!" Spike said. "You come in here trying to kill my friends, and then you say you're my sister? No... just NO!" he yelled. "You just don't do that to someone!"
Twilight watched as Spike threw off the dragoness's arms from his shoulders. She also saw the extremely hurt expression on her face. "Spike..." Twilight said softly as she put a hand on his shoulder.
"And another thing is, where the HELL [really? in a ponyfic?] WERE YOU?!" Spike shouted, ignoring Twilight. "Huh! Can you tell me that? Even if you are my sister!" [this last part is a bit awkward; I would probably put 'If you even are my sister!', implying that he doubts their relationship]
"Spike, we don't even know her side of the story." Twilight said, one hand holding him back as he took a step at the other dragon.
The dragoness took a step back. "Zeymah frolaaz zey. Zu'u nunon nunon rund hi. Lig, Zu'u dreh ni laan wah saan hi ahk!" she said shakily as tears welled up in her eyes.
"Twilight, somepony just- just can't do that! It's been over a decade and a half!" Spike said sternly.
"I know, but look at her. She wasn't in her right mind a moment ago, remember?" Twilight gestured to the female dragon that was now on her knees, palms to her eyes as she softly sobbed.
"Er... but Twilight, she called me her mate!"
"Like I said, she wasn't in her right mind. Now go to her. She obviously cares about you."
"I hate it when you're right..." he said [I'd probably use a synonym like 'grumbled' here]. Sighing, he walked up to the crying dragon.
"I know, now please go to her. If not for her, for me. [Missing closing quotations, and why is Twilight telling him to do something he already did?]
"Zu'u dreh ni laan wah saan hi. Frolaaz zey, lig, frolaaz zey," she silently repeated to herself.
"Hey," Spike said softly as he knelt next to the other dragon. Hesitantly he set a hand on the dragon's shoulder. "Look, I'm sorry I yelled at you."
The dragoness sniffed and wiped her nose with a back of her claw. "Nid, Zu'u los krosis." She grabbed Spike's hand. "No, I be sorry."
"Why?"
She moved Spike's hand to her cheek. "Zu'u went fel, Zu'u fend lost held nau. Should of held on. Zu'u shouldn't lost sizaan hi. Lost you. Zu'u fend lost fey." She crested [caressed? 'crested' usually means climbing a mountain] Spike's claw as she held it to her face. She closed her eyes as she leaned into his claw. "Zeymah, fun zey do hin faan. Tell of your name," she asked with her eyes still closed.
"My name?" he asked.
"Geh. Yes."
"Well, my name is Spike."
"Lingrah, grotiin haaljusk." She opened her eyes and removed Spike's claw from her cheek. She looked at his nails, examining them closely. "Geh. Yes. Nii kovon. It fits."
"So, what is your name? I never got it."
"Dii faan los Barbara. I am Barbara," the now-named Barbara said.
"Nice to meet you, Barbara."
A soft smile crossed her lips and a tear slid down her face. "Nidro dremsil wah grind hi ahk, Spike. It good to meet you, Spike."
A smile of his own started to make its way across his face. "Why don't we get out of this old barn? It's getting stuffy."
[new line] Barbara nodded and stood up along side with Spike. Twilight noted that Barbara was almost a full head taller than Spike.
"Eh, put this on." Spike said taking off his torn hoodie and held it out to her. "Don't want to going out there completely naked."
Barbara took the hoodie and tied it around her waist. "Nox hi," she said with a nod of her head.
"No... you don't put it on like that. Here, let me help," Spike said, holding his hand out. Barbara untied the hoodie and handed it back to him. "Hold out your arms." Barbara held out her arms in a "T" pose. Taking one sleeve, he slid it onto her arm and then did so with the other.
"Daar fraan rinik likaan. Feels weird."
"Don't worry, you'll get used to it," he said as he zipped up her hoodie. Then, making a 'come along' motion with one hand, all three of them started walking out of the barn. Once outside, Twilight introduced herself to the female dragon.
"Excuse me, Barbara, but I believe we didn't exchange names. So, hello, I'm Twilight Sparkle," she said, holding out a hand.
Barbara looked at Twilight, then to her hand, then back to her with her head cocked to the left. She blinked a few times before saying "Oh... Zu'u mindok do daar! I know of this! Gruz nix ponies. A greeting between ponies." Barbara then took Twilight's hand in both of her own and gave Twilight's hand a good shake. Letting go, she then put her hands on the back of Twilight's head and kissed her. Removing her hands from Twilight's head. Barbara then said with a sharp toothed smile. "Good to meet you! I am called Barbara."
"Uh-uh-shhi-eit... um ah. Ll-ll-l..." Twilight like let out an audible gulp as she tried to hide the thick blush forming on her cheeks. "L- Likewise," Twilight managed to force out as she looked anywhere but at the dragon in front of her. Her eyes drifted over to where Fluttershy once lay. "What happened to Fluttershy?"
"You told me to tell Applejack to take her to the E.R.," Spike reminded her.
"Oh, yeah," Twilight said as she looked back at the half-naked dragon. "I'll teleport to AJ I've never heard Twilight refer to Applejack as AJ before to see if she'll let you borrow some clothes. Hopefully she will." Twilight lit her horn up and with a flash-
Barbara and Spike heard Twilight let out a pained grunt before falling to the ground. "Twilight!" Spike said worriedly as her rushed to her side. "You okay?" he asked as her helped her up.
"Yeah... agh... just forgot about the magic feedback." Sighing, she said, "Looks like we're walking."
"Into town with a half-naked dragon?"
"No, to our house, so we can let her borrow some of my clothes." Looking back to Barbara, she leaned down and whispered to Spike. "Hopefully they'll fit her. She's almost as tall as Big Mac."

At least, that's some of what I'd do with it.

6420856
i.imgflip.com/mb5hn.jpg cdn-webimages.wimages.net/05196163d180c7749767b4022b6b0202e8bc44-wm.jpg


But I have fixed them! Thanks for keeping me in check! Have a wonderful day. :)

is this one still alive or no:applejackunsure:

Dead? Or Alive?

7509901 Lets say undead for the time speaking.

Login or register to comment