• Published 2nd Apr 2012
  • 4,570 Views, 103 Comments

Pacific Paradise - Hivetyrant25



Aloe and Lotus awake in a place humans called paradise, but is everything as it seems in Hawaii nei?

  • ...
20
 103
 4,570

School Daze

Dammit, come up with a comeback dumbass! All I could do was raise my middle finger in defiance. I took my normal seat in the back of the class, directly opposite Mr. V’s podium. Chris usually sat on my right, and the desk on my left was empty, its usual occupant on vacation. Luckily, Chris wasn’t here yet, so both seats were open. Lotus and Aloe each took a seat next to me, Aloe on my right, Lotus to my left.

“Girls,” I whispered, “If anyone asks, you two are twins from France. I was lucky the teacher last period didn’t ask you personally. Also leave out how you two are ponies and how I found you butt naked in the ocean. You don’t have any problem lying right?”

“But for the most part, we wouldn’t be lying.” replied Lotus.

“Yeah we are from Prance, which I’m assuming is much like your ‘France,’ and we are twins.” Aloe added.

“Oh... Right, how did I not see that earlier?” I knew it would be hard to keep their identities a secret for long. I have experience with lying, and the thing about lies is that, the longer you keep them alive, the more they want to get out in the open. Once I told my teacher that I had computer problems. One thing led to another and I ended up having to basically throw my computer down the mountain. I had insurance so it was repaired with no cost to me. Steven. Spies took on new identities in movies all the time, but the girls weren’t trained, and they didn’t give off the impression that they were frequent liars. Steven... Hello? Being an experienced liar, I could... STEVEN!!!

I felt a sharp pain in my right shoulder. I turned to my right to see Aloe staring at me. “Are you Alright?” she asked. Apparently I had been daydreaming for the past five minutes.

“Yeah, yeah just... thinking is all.”

“Oh alright,” She said, apparently deciding to let me tell her when I was good and ready. I started to ease back into reality, noticing that Mr. V was looking directly at me. I prayed he wouldn’t pick on me today. Too bad I know how Mr. V thinks.

“Salty, you want to introduce us to your friends?” Mr. V. bellowed. I groaned at the sound of his stupid, but accurate nickname for me.

“Umm... No?” Was the only response I could think of. He gave me a stare that screamed come on, do it or I’ll fail you. “Ugh fine! This is Aloe and this is Lotus, they are from France and have a neat accent. They will be staying with me for a while.” Mr. V. started to raise his eyebrows up and down implying...

“”Oh god no, nothing like that!” I yelled way louder than I should have.

“Yeah, yeah sure.” He replied.

“I hate you Mr. V.”

“I know Salty,” By this time, the class was chuckling amongst themselves like a pack of hyenas. I slammed my face into my desk hard, earning confused stares from the two girls sitting next to me.

The rest of the class period was boring. Vinta lectured a little about a book that we are supposed to read for class. A book that most of the class would not be reading. After that, he just went straight into his class Dungeons and Dragons game. The ‘Revengers’ were the unlucky chumps today. The way Vinta played D&D, he’d give you a chance in the first few stages of his dungeon, allowing you to clear them out and keeping you alive until the boss room. As soon as you reached the boss however, the tables quickly turn and he beats the living hell out of you with overpowered creatures.

“What are they doing over there?” Lotus asked.

“They’re playing Dungeons and Dragons, and it seems like they’re losing based on all the groans coming from that side of the room.” I replied.

“Are we going to get a turn too?” Aloe said, her eyes lighting up.

“Yeah, will we?” her sister chimed in.

“Uh... Sure... I’ll ask Mr. V. after class if you can join....” I said, scratching the back of my head. “Why are you interested in playing a game like that? I always pegged you two as girly girls...”

They looked at each other for a few seconds before shrugging. I groaned and slumped back in my chair, rubbing my temples. They chuckled softly, turning their heads back towards the maelstrom of anger that was forming at the opposite end of the room. From what I could decipher, it seemed as if three of the players had already died. Knowing Vinta, I assumed they were at the final boss of the dungeon. The “Revengers” had unfortunately chosen the hardest dungeon. Vinta constantly brags that this dungeon has never been beaten, even after nearly thirteen years of teaching.

I glanced at the clock, tapping my finger impatiently on the desk. Normally, I would take out my computer and screw around on it, but I thought it might be a bit rude to do that while I have two “guests” with me.

"So... Did you two want to talk?" I asked, my head turning towards them. The only response I got was a single head shake from Lotus. "Are you su... Fuck it..." I quickly pulled out my laptop and logged onto fimfiction.net.

"What's that?" Lotus asked, pointing to the screen. "And why are there pictures of us?"

"I told you two earlier... Your former lives are part of a popular cartoon in our worl..." I replied, turning my head, only to find Lotus' face was dangerously close to mine, our noses a fraction of an inch away from each other. I cleared my throat, my face getting warmer with each passing millisecond. "A-and some people write stories based on it..."

"Wow..." was the only thing she said before turning her attention back to the game taking place in the corner of the classroom.

"Yeah..." I said softly, turning my head back to the computer. The IRC chat page popped up and I logged on as Hivetyrant25.

Draequine: Hey hive, I'm making a collab, want in?
Hivetyrant25: No...
Draequine: Come on...
Hivetyrant25: Let me think about it... No....
Draequine: >.>
Draequine: At least let me tell you the concept...
Hivetyrant25: Fine
Draequine: It's about ponies being sent to earth as humans by discord!
Hivetyrant25: ...
Hivetyrant25: No...
Draequine: Come on, I already got a few authors
Hivetyrant25: Like who?
Draequine: TheSlorg, DragonLS, Belgarion...
Belgarion: -_-
Draequine: What?
Belgarion: You fucking pinged...
Draequine: I'm getting hive into the collab, shut the fuck up
Hivetyrant25: Who has what?
Belgarion: I have Rarity :D
Hivetyrant25: Okay?
Draequine: I'm doing Discord :3
Hivetyrant25: Of course...
Belgarion: You should do the spa twins! Then we can do crossovers and shit
Hivetyrant25: You're joking... right?
Belgarion: No man! We could totally do thta!
Belgarion: that*
Hivetyrant25: I don't even know anything about the fucking spa twins...
Belgarion: Come on...
Draequine: Do it!!!
Yozzoy: Hey Hive
Hivetyrant25: I'm getting off...

I closed my laptop and buried my face into its case. Ding! Ding! Ding! My head quickly popped up out of instinct. I silently thanked God that the class was over as I stood up.

"Alright, let's go!" I said, clapping my hands together. They slowly stood up and I immediately began pushing them towards the door, snatching my laptop case off of the desk. "Later Mr. V!" I shouted, turning my head back to him.

"Go get 'em Salty." He responded, giving me the most obvious wink I have ever seen in my life.

"I hate you..."

"I know you do Salty. Take care." I closed the door behind me, Vinta's laughs penetrating the glass. With English out of the way, I led the twins down the stairs towards a large white building, a colorful mural depicting various Hawaiian flowers on its front wall. The building was simply named the “Auditorium. I walked under the archway, turning towards the open-aired hallway to my left. A small kiosk sat in the corner, students and bags surrounding it. I groaned as I saw who was sitting on the kiosk.

“Chris!” I shouted. “Why weren’t you in Vinta’s?” He turned his head towards me, smiling as I stomped towards him.

“Brah, I had a docta’s appointment okay?” he replied, rolling his eyes. “What are they here for?” He pointed to Lotus and Aloe. “Shouldn’t they be like... with their families or something?”

“Long story short, they’re staying with me for a while.”

“Oh, I see,” he said, nudging me. “Sorry eh? I’m not cool like you!” he raised his hands, bowing to me. “Please, oh white man, teach me your ways!”

“Shut the hell up...” I said, flicking his ear.

“Something wrong?” Lotus said, walking up to me, her sister close behind.

“No, my friend is just being an asshole...” I replied. They gave me a confused look. “A dick?” I groaned, their expressions unchanging. “He’s being a jerk...”

“Oh... That’s not very nice of him...” Aloe replied.

“It’s fine, we’re friends, we’re always being jerks to each other.”

“That doesn’t seem like a good friendship to me.”

“Our culture is much different than yours, the best friends are the ones who irritate each other most.” I responded. It seemed odd saying it out loud, but it was true. “Come on, let me introduce you to some of my friends.” I led them to a small gathering of people.

“Sup white man.” A short brown asian boy said, raising his fist, his elbow forming a right angle, mimicking the Black Panther hand signal. Another asian, slightly taller than the first, turned around and copied the first one, chuckling softly.

“Hey.” I replied, returning the gesture, smirking ever so slightly. “Girls,” I said, turning to the twins. “This is Scott,” I pointed to the first boy. “And this little bastard is Mason...” I said, glaring at the second boy.

“Hi.” The twins said in unison, waving at them.

A tall, skinny black kid pushed mason out of the way, raising his fist like the others. “Sup whitey!” He said, grinning.

“Sup blacky.” I said, tracing a circle around my head and pulling my hand up behind my neck, dropping my head onto my shoulder, feigning death.

“Please white man, don’t lynch me!” he said, chuckling.

“Only if you get back in the fields!” I replied, laughing as I shook his hand. “Girls, this is James, our resident negro.” They gave me a blank stare as I wrapped my arm around James’ neck. I facepalmed, “You don’t know what that is... do you?”

“Umm... No, I’m sorry.” Aloe replied, her sister twiddling her hands off to the side.

“It’s fine,” I said, turning to James. “They’re from France, they don’t know much slang.”

“Ooooh...” he replied, “That makes sense.”

“Yeah so... what’s for lunch today?”

“Turkey Pastrami.” said Scott. “Did you want to go eat?”

“Shoots, we go!” a voice from behind us exclaimed. I turned around to see a tall, skinny white boy, his glasses pressed up against his face.

“Gabe!” I yelled. “Where were you Friday?”

“Brah, I didn’t have ride!”

“You live like a mile from the beach.” I replied, rubbing my temples.


“I no like walk dat far.”

“Ugh. Why didn’t you call me then?”

“My mom used my phone that day. She got so piss that you kept callin’ her at work.”

“Whatever.” I said, walking towards the stairs. “Come on girls, let’s get some lunch.” They followed me as I walked down, towards the dining hall.

The dining hall itself was only part of the large building that layed on the slope of the mountain. Six flights of stairs and three ramps separated it from the Auditorium. I walked up to the glass doors of the dining hall, the work “Akahi” posted onto the wall above them. Inside, a large number of students were already eating their lunches inside.

“Alright girls,” I said, turning to them as I opened the door. “It’s buffet style here so get as much as you want.” I walked in, waving at a few familiar faces while leading the twins to the large line of students converging around the food carts. Groaning, I pushed through the horde, looking back occasionally at the twins, making sure they were keeping up. I finally exited the crowd and walked through an archway into the next room. Lotus and Aloe soon caught up, panting ever so slightly.

“Yeah, it gets pretty crazy sometimes.” I said, chuckling. “Back here is pasta and salad. I figured you’d enjoy that more than the red meat they’re serving in the main line.”

“That sounds good.” Aloe said, sniffing the air. “And it smells good too.”

“Really?” I asked, raising my brow. “This stuff tastes like... Nevermind. The plates are over there, trays and utensils are over here.” Their eyes followed my hand as I pointed out the various utilities around the room. “Drinks are over there, you’ll have to serve yourself. There’s apple juice, orange juice, fruit punch, and grape juice available. If you don’t like that, there’s milk and hot cocoa over there.” I pointed to the wall separating the two rooms, beverage fountains filling the entirety of it. “I usually don’t eat, so I’ll meet you two at a table.”

They nodded as I walked off, making myself a cup of water before walking back into the main dining area. I found Gabe near the exit of the buffet line, sitting at a table and happily munching on his sandwich. He payed me no attention as I sat down. With nothing better to do, I sat back in my seat and closed my eyes, my shoe tapping quickly on the floor. A soft “tink” jarred me out of my slumber. As I opened my eyes, I saw Aloe and Lotus sitting next to me, eating spaghetti.

“How is it?” I asked, smiling warmly.

“It’s decent.” aloe said, wiping her mouth with a napkin.

“This reminds me of Rarity’s cooking.” Lotus chuckled. “She always thought she was a good cook...” She sighed, twirling her fork into the pasta.

“Uh... So Gabe!” I yelled, clapping my hands together, a nervous smile stretched across my face. “This is Aloe and Lotus, they’re visiting from France.”

“Mmph?” He gulped his food. “Ho nah! How you know dem Steven?”

“Friends of friends...” I rolled my eyes. “Does it matter?”

“Nah brah, I was jus’ wonderin’.” He turned his attention to Lotus and Aloe. “So what you girls like?”

“Soft skin.” said Lotus.

“Silky hair.” her sister chimed in.

“Giving and getting massages.”

“Mineral baths.”

“Saunas.”

“Hoofi...”

“Pedicures.” I quickly interrupted her.

“Of course.” Aloe replied.

“Oo, I do love it when we get our ma... hair done.” Lotus cooed.

“Rarity always styled our hair so perfectly.” Aloe said, giggling softly.

“So I’m guessing you guys goin’ go prom den?” Gabe said, bouncing his eyebrows up and down.

“No they aren’t going to...”

“Prom?” they shouted in unison, putting their hands up to their mouths as they started squeeing.

“Yeah, we get senior prom coming up. You need one date?” He said, biting his lower lip.

“No...” I said as I slapped the back of his head. “We aren’t going to prom, and they aren’t going to need dates.” Glancing at the twins, I saw that they were giving me sad little puppy dog eyes. I gritted my teeth hard, trying to look away. That served just to intensify their expressions, all four irises staring straight at me unforgivingly. “Fine!” I yelled. “We can go to Senior Prom...” I grumbled as I sat back in the chair, defeated.

As expected, the twins began squeeing loudly, much to the chagrin of the students eating lunch around us. I face-planted into the table, groaning into it. Gabe sat there, laughing his heart out as the girls started babbling some nonsense about “dresses.” Being a guy, I tuned that out almost immediately, going into a vegetative state.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

“Oh thank God...” I said, standing up. “Let’s go, I don’t want to be late for homeroom.”

“Brah, you don’t even go homeroom...” replied Gabe.

“Oh yeah, that’s right!” I chuckled, sitting back down.

“Jackass...” He said, giving me the bird as he pushed open the glass doors.

“What does that mean?” Aloe asked, her brow raising slightly.

“Oh um... It’s uh... Just don’t repeat it, and don’t do that hand gesture he just did either.”

“But...”

“Let’s go meet some people, shall we?” I said, standing up. Aloe sighed as she stood up, her sister following suit. We started the walk back up towards the Auditorium. Every so often, one of the sisters would glance out towards the ocean. Being on top of a hill, Kamehameha Schools has a very nice view of most of the western half of the island. The sun was just cresting over the sky, causing the distant ocean to glitter yellow.

“It’s amazing...” Lotus said, stopping in her tracks.

“Uh yeah... It is.” I said, rubbing the back of my head. “It’s so easy to forget how beautiful it is here, especially if you’ve lived here your whole life.” She smiled at me and continued up the steps. I took one last glance at the ocean before following her. We quickly caught up to her sister, who was completely oblivious to our temporary absence. I found myself glancing back at the ocean occasionally as we walked up the stairs. Centuries ago, my ancestors came to the islands using their knowledge of the stars and the waves. The ocean called to all Hawaiians, and I was no exception.

“Hey girls...” I said, causing them to turn around.

“Hmm?” replied Aloe.

“How would you two like to go to the beach again? This time, without the drowning part.” I smiled, looking out to sea.

“That sounds lovely.” said Lotus, following my gaze.

I sighed happily and turned my head to them. “Let’s go meet my homeroom teacher, shall we?” I smiled, walking past them, the last flight of stairs upon us.

Bzzt. Bzzt. My left pocket began vibrating, rattling my keys as well. Bzzt. Bzzt. I grumbled, reaching into my pocket. I pulled out my phone and clicked on the green icon, putting it up to my ear.

“Hello?”

Steven, we need to talk...


AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Four long months... Four of the busiest damn months of my entire life, but I was finally able to finish this chapter. What to say? Well, I'd like to thank everyone who favorited this fic. It really means a lot to me that you folks enjoy reading it. Just coming onto fimfiction every few days and seeing a new favorite really motivated me to finish all my real life crap so I could continue writing this story. Without you guys, I would have just scrapped this story altogether. I greatly appreciate comments, positive or otherwise, I love reading all of them. I'd like to thank Yozzoy especially for his encouragement. He found me in the fimfic chat and gave so many kind words about my fic. <3 You bud! (No-homo)

Comments ( 17 )

ANOTHER GOOD CHAPTER, i was going to say first, but i will probibly be second or something.

:D NEVERMIND

Damn you and your chiffhanger

Dude, I was waiting a long time, and all I can say is...

Worth it

Here's hoping the next one is worth whatever wait we have as well!

..........MOTHERFRICKING CLIFFHANGERS MAN!!!
UUUUUUUGHGGHGGHGHG!!
whatever I guess.....better late than never, and Id rather have SOMETHING rather than nothing at all
so its all cool on this end mon

Good, good. Cliffhagers are always fun!

ALL OF THE HOMO! Love you to man, and best of luck

Hey Yozzoy, turns out you really annoyed him. I have a story running in GDocs where I find...wait for it....DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNN... Spitfire! Captain of the Wonderbolts. It's called Blazing Fire. Works well, eh? I thought it'd be neat, since no one took her yet. I claim dibs.

glad to see another chapter not going to lie i gave up on ponnyfall but i am glad you didn't give up on this fic

*stares at the screen*
It hath finally updated!!:yay:

1220580 Well, if you think your writing is good enough, go apply for the open Applejack and or Luna positions available in the main ponyfall page. Also what makes you say that I annoyed him?

Well, he was getting really annoyed with everyone pinging him to do a story on the spa twins (Aloe and Lotus), and apparently you just added onto the pile, so he got off. Maybe you should have waited and emailed him instead, because I'll bet you wanted to talk about something else. But hey, it's just a story.


Also, yeah, took me a while, but my other story called "Battle For Earth" is already published, was approved less than an hour after that, and has been up for quite a while. I've had college, and a serious case of writer's block, so I'm gonna put it on hiatus until about October 19, which is when I'll be a bit more open.

Woo! Good chapter bro :) Just got around to reading it :twilightblush:

Ho, how come I nevah wen see dis one. No can miss dis one hawiian fic.

Still a great story after all these years shame it never got finished

update it i want to see more chapters

Login or register to comment