• Published 12th Apr 2014
  • 2,780 Views, 33 Comments

Rescuing Rainbow - Autum Breeze



Twilight and the others go to Kanto to rescue Rainbow Dash

  • ...
25
 33
 2,780

Epilogue

Epilogue

_____________________________________________________________________

Kanto

“You saw the video, Ash!” Misty’s face said from the video phone screen. “Five other talking Pokémon, just like Rainbow Dash came.”

“What do you think they wanted?” Ash asked, turning to Brock, who was standing behind him.

“Hmm,” Brock said, rubbing his chin. “They probably came for Rainbow Dash. Maybe her story about being from another world is true.”

“But that can’t be,” Misty shook her head. “She spoke perfect English. If she was from another world, wouldn’t she have spoken differently?”

“Not necessarily,” Brock shook his head. “Maybe their world’s language is similar to ours.”

“I... guess,” Ash said, frowning. “And, now I think of it, you weren’t exactly the nicest trainer to her, Misty.”

“What?” Misty was offended. “I was trying to make her a strong Pokémon.”

“But, you were a lot meaner than trainers normally are, Misty,” Brock folded his arms. “You told us you always had her on a leash at night.”

“Well... she was going to fly away otherwise,” Misty said, seeming to realize how pathetic that sounded even as she said it.


It had been over a week since the stadium had been guested by the five ponies who’d talked so coldly to everyone present there at the time.

When Misty had woken up, Rainbow Dash was gone, as were the other five.

Search teams were still trying to find them. The idea that six new types of pokmon, all similar to Rainbow Dash, had all of Kanto hyped.

But Misty didn’t feel hyped. Far from it, in fact.

The look in the eyes of those other five, they’d been so cold. What could have made them feel that way towards humans?


“So... do you think they took her back to their world?” Ash asked, cocking an eyebrow.

“I guess,” Misty said, her shoulders slumping. “Maybe... maybe she wasn’t a Pokémon after all.”

“I went over some of the footage of your battles with her,” Brock said, frowning. “I noticed, in a lot of them, she was crying.”

“I... I thought she was just really happy she won the battles,” Misty said meekly, looking away.

Brock shook his head. “I don’t think their world works like ours does. It must have been too much to take.”

Misty was silent as she thought about this.

“Sure,” she said eventually. “Um, where’re May and Max?”

“They’re talking with their parents via another phone,” Ash said simply.

“Oh,” Misty said, looking away. “Well, tell them I said hi. Gotta go guys.”

The screen went blank, ending the call.

“You think she’ll be alright?” Ash asked, turning to Brock.

Brock gave a small smile. “Give it time, and I’m sure she’ll be fine.”

_____________________________________________________________________

Misty sat in the backyard of the Cerulean Gym, looking at the spot she’d left for Rainbow Dash to sleep with some of the other non-water type Pokémon.

She buried her head in her knees. “I’m sorry, Rainbow Dash,” she whispered, a few tears leaking from her eyes. “I’m... I’m so sorry. I hope you’re happy, back in your world and never have to worry about us ever again. I didn’t deserve you.”

_____________________________________________________________________

Equestria

“How’s she doin’?” Applejack asked.

They were standing in front of Twilight’s library.


It had been a month since Rainbow Dash had been returned.

In that time, she’d been staying at Twilight’s house.

Every time Twilight left, even if only for a few minutes, she’d come back to find Rainbow wrapped into a tiny ball at the edge of the library.

When Twilight would make herself known, Rainbow would spring up and pulled Twilight into a tight hug, sobbing.

“That world must have been more horrible than we even knew,” Rarity said, shaking her head.

“The fact that they did this to our friend makes me so angry!” Applejack said, stomping a hoof. Right now she was so mad she could’ve faced Discord and Nightmare Moon together all alone and left them begging for mercy.

Twilight nodded, sadly. “It’s going to take a long time for Rainbow to recover from this. Trauma rarely goes within a single month.”

Her friends nodded.

“She doesn’t even wanna party these days,” Pinkie said, her voice quiet. Her mane and tail were straight and had been for a few days now after she’d learned not even parties were going to help her cyan Pegasus friend feel better.

“Can we... do you think she’d want to talk? If it’s not too rude to ask, I mean,” Fluttershy said, then hid behind her mane.

Twilight shook her head. “I’m barely able to get her to talk as it is,” she turned and looked mournfully at her library. “I think she just needs some more time, girls. we just need to wait.”

The other four mares nodded, said their goodbye, wishing Rainbow well and left.

Twilight went back inside and her heart sank when she saw Rainbow curled into a ball in the corner.

She walked over and gently nuzzled her distraught friend.

“It’s okay, Rainbow,” she said softly, Rainbow stiffening when she heard the voice. “You’ll be okay. We’re all here for you and we’ll never leave you again.”

Rainbow wrapped her hoofed around Twilight and held on tight as she sobbed.

Twilight held the sobbing mare, letting her cry all her sorrows into her.

It was still a long road ahead before Rainbow Dash would get over what she’d been through in the world of Kanto, but Twilight was going to remain by her side until the end.

She was never going to leave her friend again. That, she promised to herself. She would help rainbow get through this and would always be by her side from then on.

Author's Note:

Here's the epilogue.

maybe thing'll change in the pokemon world now. Misty seems to realize how horrible she was without trying to be. just shows we can all be cruel if we're not careful.

It will take time, but Rainbow will one day return to the spunky mare we all know and love.

As always, read, comment and enjoy

Comments ( 23 )

Still marked incomplete. ARE THEY GOING TO HEAD BACK TO FREE POKEMON????

Because want.

4224406 no, sorry, i just forgot to change it:twilightblush:. I'll do that now

4224407 boo :ajsleepy:

... Can I write an unofficial sequel?

4224412 if you want. i have no objections as long as you mention its origins:raritywink:

4230054 I'm actually writing a sequel!

Aww Dashie . . . I don't blame her, she was in a world of complete harmony and yhen she got thrown into that chaotic violent world without knowing the future, I would be traumatized too.
I dunnowhy this doesn't habe more likes, kt is awesome!

So.…Sad.………!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:applecry::fluttercry::pinkiesad2::raritycry::raritydespair::
How could you do that to Dash?:flutterrage::pinkiecrazy::twilightangry2::unsuresweetie:

6022488 Becuase if she lives in the Pokémon World,

POKÉMON

then she needs to follow the Pokémon World's Rules!

6496776
So?!! Dash is AWESOME!!!

6500592 That can be argued against. But still she has rules to follow. Besides if Pikachu, Aipom and Togepi can be happy in this world so can she with a little effort. Along with the whole "Pokémon fight to evolve." One of the reasons I don't like this story

6500601
I concede.... not like I want to though....

6502117
Yeah, yeah. Suck it up. Your victory might not last.

6503993
Kay. I happy now.

Before I read this, what is the Dark tag for ?
And how bad does it get ?

7994268 well, think the bad aspects of pokemon and you've an idea

i want to shoot misty in both her legs and tie her up and use her for battling chickens

I've been looking for this story for weeks i finally found it :rainbowderp: i wonder if...mmm... ,,,///)

Almost gave you a 👎 for Mistiy‘s unresponsible behavior, but the epilogue made me change my mind. Gave a 👍 instead.

Login or register to comment