• Published 28th Feb 2014
  • 1,040 Views, 65 Comments

Coming to terms - The Infinity Doctor



Side story to 'The Weeping Angel' collab with The Planyx. Human male sent to Equestria as a Time Lord.

  • ...
9
 65
 1,040

The Impostor Doctor

"Are you okay? What happened out there?" Irdis asked, appearing before the filly and I, this time taking on the form of a griffon.
"Fine...just peachy..." I huffed, gasping for breath.

'Yep, everything's just fine- my entire existence is a lie, is all'

"So...what happened with you? With the Tardis?" I asked.
"Turns out there was something drawing us here" she replied.

"What was it?"

"Vortex Transmitter- it locked onto the Tardis, and drew it here, like a beacon"

"Ah"

Irdis suddenly looked down to the filly, as if she had just registered she was there.

"Why don't you go down to the pool and swim for a bit, hon" she smiled, bending down to stroke her mane.

The filly cocked an eyebrow, and trotted out of the control room, shooting a glance back to the two of us.

"How does she know where the pool is?"

"That's not important right now" Irdis replied, placing a claw on my shoulder "What's important, is getting this whole thing sorted out"

"What thing?" I asked, feigning ignorance.

"You know perfectly well what" she said, her voice level.

"I don't kno-"

"Z, I might've been in sleep mode, but-"

"...how much did you hear..."
"Well, ya see, the thing about that is-"
"How. Much. Did. You. Hear."

"...everything..."

"Well...we both know why we're here...what do you think we should do?"

"What do you think we should do?"

"I don't know...the rational part of me is demanding I find somewhere to settle down and switch the Tardis to back-up..."

"And me?"

"You are the Tardis-" I said, rolling my eyes "-and of course I'd never forget about you"

"Alright, granted we can't actually meet the Doctor- like, ever" she relented "but we both know that living down there wouldn't change anything"

"Well, we couldn't live in Ponyville, maybe somewhere like-"

"Nowhere would work!" she shouted "What about when you need to regenerate? What would they do then? Huh?!"

"Irdis, you're scaring me-"

"Well you scare me sometimes! You know that?!"

"W-what?"

"When I was shut off, I was so worried that those daleks were going to kill you..." she sniffled, placing her feathered head in my lap "You worry me..."

"Yeah...it was my fault that the daleks brought the Tardis here" I said, rolling my eyes.
She flinched from underneath my hand, her crest ruffling a bit as she did so.

"I'm kidding" I sighed "I didn't mean it..."

"...I know..."
"I'm sorry..."
"I am too..."

"You don't need to be"
"Yeah I do...I just blew up..."
"With good reason"

"Just shut up and let me be sorry this time, okay?" she laughed.
I smirked in return, staring up at the ceiling as we sat.

"You know what?" I asked.
"What?" Irdis replied.
"After we take Lotus home...why don't you pick where we go next? Anywhere, anytime"
"That sounds fun, despite the fact that I'm the living incarnation of the Tardis Matrix"
"Glad you think so"

Author's Note:

Short update *sigh*

Comments ( 4 )

Hey, I mentioned your story in the description of the story I'm writing that it inspired....
And I just realized how much that sounds like self-promotion. :applecry: :applejackconfused: :derpytongue2: :derpyderp1:

5009293 Wow...I actually wasn't expecting that...thanks so much for letting me know, I'll go on over and give it a read :pinkiehappy:

More I demand more! I will send a dalek Army to keep you writing! Of course I won't do that! May Writers block never touch your mind.

Login or register to comment