• Published 28th Feb 2014
  • 1,040 Views, 65 Comments

Coming to terms - The Infinity Doctor



Side story to 'The Weeping Angel' collab with The Planyx. Human male sent to Equestria as a Time Lord.

  • ...
9
 65
 1,040

Mane-iac on the loose Part 1

I laid on my bed, staring at the ceiling, waiting for Zero to come back.

'I hope he does' I thought 'I really want to know more about 'humans''

What if he doesn't? What if he had to go somewhere far away and could never come back?
I dismissed the thought and went back to my duties of making sure the ceiling didn't move.

'I wish he'd get here soon' I moaned inwardly, flopping onto my front.

I found my wish suddenly granted as the green pony box appeared in a corner of my room, the light on top of the box glowed brightly as Zero stepped out of it.

"Hey there Lyra" he said "sorry I'm late, had some business to attend to"
"Where have you been?" I asked, more out of relief than anger "It's been hours since I saw you!"

"Wow, that late?" he muttered to himself "Well, no matter, I'm here now"

"What now, then?"

"Oh, almost forgot" he said, running back into the pony box.

He emerged a few minutes later with dad's lantern.

"I believe this is your father's" he said, setting it down.
"Thank you" I said, taking the handle in my mouth "He'sh been lookin' everywhere for thish"

I trotted out of the room and down the stairs to return the lamp.

X X X X X X X

I watched Lyra leave the room, and sat on her bed, wondering what I was going to do. On one hand, I had already told Dusty that she couldn't come with me, and it'd make me a hypocrite if I let Lyra come. On the other, I had given Dusty a valid reason, and I could just tell Lyra the same thing. I sighed as I held my head in my hands, wondering if there was some way I could break this easily to her.

'Why am I so confused about this? She should stay here, for her own safety...'

I settled on having her stay here, I've seen some of the more unfortunate ends to the Doctor's assistants, namely, Amy and Rory. I don't want to have the same thing happen, and I certainly don't want to have to explain to her parents that an alien biped went and got her
killed.

"I'm back" Lyra said, trotting into the room "You okay?"

"Yep, I'm fine" I smiled "Just thinking about a few things"

"Like what?"

"That's a secret"

"Oh...so when do we get to go on an adventure?"

"An adventure where?" I asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"In your pony box"

'That's the second time someone's referred to it as a 'pony box', must be a pun since they don't call them 'police' here...'

"You can't come with me, Lyra"
"But wwwwhhhhhhhyyyyyyyy?" she moaned.
"It's too dangerous, something could happen and you'd just...no..."
"Don't you trust me?" she asked, her lower lip quivering.

'I think one of my hearts just gave out'

"I do trust you Lyra, but...it's complicated...I'll come back and visit you soon, okay?"
"Okay..." she said, downcast "When are you going to tell my mom and dad?"

'With a little luck, hopefully never'

"When the time is right" I responded.

I booped her on the nose and headed back into the Tardis, I shut the door behind me and went to the console.

'Well, that's taken care of' I thought 'Where to now?'

Where should I go next? The possibilities were endless, I could meet Starswirl, see the reign of Discord, watch the foundation of Equestria, find out how Cadence came to be.

'Wait, what was that last part? Never mind, probably not important anyway...'

Oh, hold on, I've got just the destination...not sure if it'll work, but still...

I prepared to adjust the Tardis for landing, when flashing red lights and obnoxious alarms went off, I ran to the other side to find the problem.

'I hate these alarms' I thought 'They never stop'

X X X X X X X

Meanwhile, two construction workers for the city of Maretropolis sat on a steel girder high above the city, eating the dinners they had packed in their pails. The new addition was for the mane-care factory just next door, they had heard that the CEO was a complete lunatic, but their company had decided to take the job to earn the extra bits.

"Hey Piledriver, you got a hay sandwhich in there?" the rust-colored stallion asked.
"Nope, salad today, Bronze" the grey-coated stallion replied.

They dug into their respective meals, as they ate- one of the stallions noticed something was off.

"Hey Bronze, is it just me, or did it get really humid all of a sudden?"
"I think you're right" Bronze replied, removing his hardhat and wiping his forehead.

A ball of electricity appeared and crackled as a green pony box appeared briefly before disappearing. The electricity remained, however, and a nearby power station reacted to it, the tower sparked as smoke rose from it, an overload possibly imminent. The tower couldn't take the extra charge, and two powerlines connected to it fell, crashing through the roof of the production plant of the mane-care factory.

"I've gotta stop workin' overtime" Bronze grumbled, rubbing his eyes.

X X X X X X X

"Oh perfect, out here too" I muttered, watching alarms blare as two thick powerlines, still crackling with electricity coursing through them lead into a large vat of liquid.

'Oh no, please don't tell me...this was all my fault...'

A long, purple hoof suddenly appeared around the rim of the vat which contained the downed powerlines, followed by another, and a green mane.

'Oh no....'

The pony groaned as it slipped, and fell to the floor, dazed. The shredded remains of her clothes hung limply off of her body, the goop dripping from it.

I ran to her and checked her vitals.

'She's unconcious, but alive' I thought 'I need to get her somewhere safe'

I looked above and found an elevator on the catwalk above.

'I hope that leads to her office...' I thought dragging her to the stairs.

I looked up and sighed.

'This might take a while...'

X X X X X X X

I struggled as I laid the Mane-iac head first on the couch in her office, her forehooves hung off of the side as she lay there, I then placed her flank and hindlegs on the couch and collapsed onto the chair next to the couch.

'I...I-I- created the Mane-iac...' I thought, amazed 'It- it just can't be...I- I-'

Please let it be a mistake, tell me this isn't real...

She groaned as she cracked open an eye, her red eyes rimmed with green stared at me as she tried to comprehend what was happening. She continued to stare at me, then down to herself.

She did the only thing she could.

She screamed- loud.

Author's Note:

Yes! Mane-iac involvement! What will Zero do?

I thought his might be a better alternate backstory as to how she fell into the vat, rather than just her slipping. So...yeah...

Don't forget to R&R, I could use the feedback! Bye-bye!