• Published 12th Feb 2014
  • 2,131 Views, 33 Comments

Two is Too Many - GrandSpellcaster

  • ...
2
 33
 2,131

Chapter 4: The Fight

The bad Discord was racing to Las Pegasus; his companions were falling behind him. He decides to lag back to allow them to catch up.

“Dad” Screwball started “why did you make M…ah…that mare a Chaos Elemental?

“Well, you see Screwball; first that mare’s name is Fluttershy; second I like her company.” Discord said somewhat annoyed with his daughter for asking what he thought was a stupid question.

“Really?” Screwball asked not liking his tone.

“Yes, I like her company. Anything wrong with that?” he spat at her.

“Dad what’s wrong?” she asked “you’ve never taken that tone with me before.”

Discord was being nasty. Screwball was concerned for her dad; it was rare he would create a Chaos Elemental by giving it his pure Chaos energy. Especially considering he can’t regenerate that back. Then a thought crossed her mind could this be the day it happens? I hope it is, I have to make sure I play my part correctly otherwise I jeopardize my world.

Screwball turned to her dad “How much longer till we get there dad?” she asked him.

“Well…” he tried to drag out the sentience, “We’re here!” He exclaimed.

They were over the bright city. Discord was looking around for a place to hide so he could decide what to do. Then he saw it, a tall building bearing the name Lucky 38 in neon lights across its top.

Discord pointed at it “I remember that place, come on we’re going to plot on top of it. I hope it’s still there.”

“What’s still there?” Screwball asked slightly confused.

“Last time I took over I came here and hid a contingency plan in that hotel/casino” he explained.

“What was the plan?”

“Simple, if I was encased in stone for longer than twenty years, the bomb hidden in the casino would go off and change every pony in this city into fire ponies” he explained enthusiastically.

“We’re going to set off the bomb aren’t we?” Screwball asked secretly elated that in one day she had the opportunity to fix two of her mistakes that she had or will end up making.

“Yes and then were going to make all the slot machines spew out chocolate gold coins, it’s going to be a sticky mess.” He said as he began to rub his paw and claw together forgetting about the half necklace that was in his paw.

He snapped and Screwball was in a dress with a beautiful tiara where her hat was, Screwball shrieked, then she stared at her dad angrily “we’ve been over this don’t mess with my hat”.

Discord raised both hands in summation “Sorry I forgot, but this particular casino is a very fancy place and they wouldn’t let you in with that hat.” he explained calmly.

“Why am I going in cant you just make the bomb go off yourself?” she said still clearly angry about the hat.

“No if I went in than they would be alerted to my presence and that would ruin the surprise of the bomb going off” he said.

Screwball’s eyes narrowed and she said “fine tell me where you hid the bomb”.

“Great!” he exclaimed. “It’s in the casino machine twenty-three put exactly three dollars twenty four cents in it then pull the leaver half way. You should be able to twist it counterclockwise, do it as far as it will go and pull it down all the way” he paused and stroked his beard. “Once you’ve done that go the third roulette table from the main entrance, there is a changeling there. Tell him “Chaos Infinite” he’ll know exactly what to do and take it from there.”

“What if something goes wrong?” she asked her dad.

“It won’t, now stop stalling and get down there before I throw you down” he shouted at her impatiently.

Screwball jumped up and teleported down behind a pillar across the street. She emerged from behind the pillar and went inside.

There was a string of odd sounds from Fluttershy.

“I’m positive she can do it my dear” he replied.

Fluttershy released another string of odd sounds.

“You wound me, my dear. To think that any spawn of mine could fail in such a rudimentary task.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screwball had just hit the slot machine, and was now heading to the roulette table. Someone tapped her on the shoulder.

“Screwball my name is Moriz” said a female unicorn as she turned to see her.

Screwball cocked her head in confusion “Do I know you?” she asked sheepishly.

“Yes and no” Moriz answered. “I was the unhived changeling that your dad had ordered to accompany you during his last takeover.” Moriz explained.

“You told me your name was Rix” Screwball said completely confused and slightly angry for Rix’s deceit.

“It was then, but then I was hived.” Moriz explained. “When a changeling is unhived their name is no longer theirs so they must choose a new one.”

“Ok, now what do you want?” Screwball said impatiently.

“Well your dad has explained the whole situation to me, and he wants you to not activate the bomb” Moriz said hesitantly knowing that Screwball could and would break her cover if she wanted to.

“Was he holding a black or white necklace?” Screwball asked abruptly, surprising Moriz.

“He is the good half of your dad yes” Moriz answered.

“But I have to do this!” Screwball shouted at Moriz.

“Why?” Moriz asked.

“Because I destroyed the flame ponies and I will bring them back” she said assuredly

“No you won’t you‘ll be condemning these ponies to a species change” Moriz tried to explain.

“No, I’m doing this” Screwball said sternly. Then she turned around and went to the changeling at the roulette table.

Moriz was baffled she hadn’t seen Screwball like this before, the bad Discord is having a negative effect on her she thought to herself. Moriz went up to the changeling that Screwball had talked to but before she could say anything the changeling left.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screwball teleported up to the top of the building and Discord got an elated look on his face. “Did you do it” he asked in anticipation of her answer.

Screw ball answered “Yes, dad”. The moment she said this there was a red shockwave from the building. This caused the ponies in the city to scream; Discord and Fluttershy both began to laugh hysterically. Screwball grimaced at the sight on the street.

The multi colored ponies where all turned into different variations of black and red. There manes and tales where all fire. That was all that Screwball could see from that distance.

She was listening to the screams when she heard one slightly louder than the rest. She tried to mind it over the screams and his dad’s laughter. She turned her head to see it was a flying pony, but she saw her dad’s good half racing towards his bad half at top speed.

“Dad! Watch out!”she exclaimed.

This made the bad Discord sit up and the good Discord hit him and kept flying off the edge of the building.

“You’ve gone too far Evil half” the good half shouted.

“And you’re going to stop me!” the bad Discord shouted back.

“I can, we aren’t evenly matched anymore” the good Discord said.

“What makes you say that?”

“You put pure Chaos energy into Fluttershy.” The good discord answered.

“So!”

“So, I know how it weakens us. You won’t be able to keep up”

“Yes, but you’re a goodie four hooves now and there are certain lines you won’t cross” the bad Discord said as e shot a beam.

The good Discord deflected the beam and it shot up into the sky. “You won’t hurt any pony anymore; I will destroy you before you can destroy Equestria”.

“Even you’d make such a stupid mistake?” the bad Discord asked his good counterpart completely surprised.

“We both know that chaos leads to too many random occurrences, that’s how the dragons, chimeras, and ageing came to exist. Just imagine what might happen with more chaos. We always held back so everything was stable enough for us to rule it, but be both know you won’t holdback no matter what now.”

“You think I won’t hold back?” the bad Discord asked shooting another beam at his good counterpart.

The good Discord held out his paw and the beam hit it, he condensed the beam into a ball and threw it back at his bad half. “Of course you will!” the good Discord exclaimed. He pointed at Fluttershy “We’ve never turned a higher level creature into a Chaos Elemental before, let alone use pure Chaos to create one.”

The bad Discord smacked the ball down at the fire Ponies “So I’m trying something new, what’s the deal?”

The good Discord charged his counterpart, they collided and their claws were out. They scratched and bit each other. The bad Discord lost his large tooth, the good Discord chipped his antler, and they both had cuts all over their bodies.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screwball was panicking; she didn’t know what she was going to do. She had heard the storied but her mom never mentioned her presence here. Still she had to stop her dad from fighting himself. Oh what do I do? The thought repeated in her head.

Fluttershy said a few incoherent sentences.

Screwball turned to her “you’re absolutely right” she said getting a look on her face.

Fluttershy found a rope tied around her torso binding her wings to her body.

Screwball got behind her and began to push her over towards the edge. Fluttershy was grinding her hooves on the roof. She said another wave of sounds.

“Don’t worry I’m sure dad will catch you” Screwball said assuring.

Fluttershy fell over the edge. She was screaming louder than she ever had, probably helped that she was a Chaos Elemental.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Discords had taken to circling around each other then flying in doing some damage then retreating to circle again. Each time dropping there half of the necklace as to not fuse together.

It was during one of these charges at each other that they heard her scream. They both did an abrupt turn from each other and towards Fluttershy. They saw her falling, as they raced to catch her they got close. So close to each other that when the necklace halves reappeared in their hands that they were touching. There was a flash of light and a single Discord caught her.

He said “what in Celestia, how did I get here” he was holding a Chaos Elemental. He looked at it then saw Fluttershy’s eye. “Oh Celestia!” he exclaimed in horror as he saw what had happened to his dear Fluttershy. He quickly turned her over and snapped the ropes, reached into her chest and pulled out the pure Chaos energy.

Screwball wrapped her forelegs around his neck “you’re back to normal!” she exclaimed with happiness.

“Screwball! What happened? How much did I drink?” he asked completely confused.

Fluttershy flew up to Screwball “I didn’t mean throw me over the edge, I was suggesting we get the changeling to do it, you…you…” she searched for an insult.

Discord interrupted “whoops missed some Chaos” he said reaching into her back pulling out an orb of condensed chaos roughly the size of a marble.

Screwball hugged her “you’re alright” then quickly pulled away.

Discord arched an eyebrow “how do you know Fluttershy?” he asked his daughter.

“Oh…well…look at the time, looks like I’m being pulled back to my timeline” she said nervously and vanished.

Fluttershy and Discord looked at each other “Discord who’s Screwball?” Fluttershy asked nervously.

“She’s my time traveling Daughter who grew up when I was alive but not in power.” He said looking at her with a sheepish look.

“You don’t suppose….”

“No way, or at least I don’t think so”

“Let’s never speak of this again”

“Agreed.”

“Now you have some problems to fix”

Discord rolled his eyes “Fine” she shaped his talons and a white flash appeared over all the places that discord had been and they returned to normal.

“You still have to apologize to the princesses”

“Fine” he snapped his fingers and they were in Canterlot Palace’s throne room where the princesses were having a heated discussion.

Discord waved and they gave him a stern look. This made Discord start laughing, but Fluttershy nudged him on the side. He quickly stifled his laughter and said “My princesses you have my deepest apologies for the chaos I apparently wreaked upon the ponies of Equestria”

“What do you mean “apparently”?” Celestia asked annoyed with his behavior. The Chaos Elementals had brought the sisters to a breaking point.

“Sister we cannot blame him for what the necklace did.”

Celestia composed herself “Discord give Luna the necklace and get out” she said calmly.

Discord walked over to Luna and gave her the necklace. She quickly called a guard over and told him to put it in the vault. He took the necklace and left.

Discord heard the doors to the throne room close behind him and he looked at Fluttershy “do you remember anything that happened?” he asked her.

Fluttershy nodded “your evil half was going to make me his queen once you had turned all the major cities of Equestria into chaos centers” she explained.

“Well that cat’s out of the bag” he said knowing she couldn’t think the same of him, especially after what he had done to her.

She flew up to be eyelevel with him “It was sweet, but you could have executed it better”.

“You don’t mean…”

She nodded and he started to do a little dance “she does, oh this means no more picking peddles”

Fluttershy cocked her head in confusion “Peddles?”

“Oh lets go have a proper first date!” he said excitedly.

Fluttershy said “Fine” and Discord snapped.

Author's Note:

TheGrandSpellCaster: Done, finally done.
Pride: Yes now you can do your homework.
Victor: What about my story?
Monster: Don't be selfish creator, it'll come out eventually.
Victor: But the first draft is already done.
Monster; that's only of the first chapter.
TheGrandSpellCaster: That's enough alluding to a future project, go fetch me my book.

Comments ( 6 )

Okay. There are a lot of mistakes, but these are the ones that bother me the most:

So close to each other that when the necklace halves reappeared in their hands that they were toughing.

"touching"

a tall building baring the name Lucky 38

"bearing"

oh this means no more picking peddles

I think you mean "petals"

Okay, I really love the concepts you have here! And I like how you made Screwball a time traveler, so she can still be Fluttershy and Discord's daughter! And she nearly called Fluttershy "Mom!"

3947690
Consider them fixed.
And consider that a nod to you.

What could the flame ponies do? I mean, no that there's like 50 of them, it's kinda important?

3991304
Maybe my next story will explain the flame ponies, after all I brought the hippocampus back.

4101323
He is both, Draconequus is the name the show gives Discords particular combination of animals. However he is a Chimera, seeing how he is made up of the different parts of different animals.

This is so cute but screwball almost called flutters mom that is funny

Login or register to comment