• Published 7th Feb 2014
  • 2,348 Views, 20 Comments

MLP FIM: Life with Ben - JusSonic



Ever wonder what Twilight's life with Ben was before his disappearance? Well, find out in this story of their foalhood together up to that very much as their love and friendship blooms.

  • ...
25
 20
 2,348

Chapter 5: The Big Moments

Chapter 5: The Big Moments

Ben arrives home soon after, smiling eagerly. He hopes that the answer that Twilight gives him is the one that the colt wanted. Still, even if that isn't the case now, Ben can wait, right?

Ben pauses, wanting some sort of gift to show his love at last. True, Twilight loves that Equestrian angel that she gave him but the colt felt like another gift in order would feel make things...simple.

Ben decides on asking his mother for any advice. Perhaps she may give him something that Twilight would like.

----------------

In the treasury, Celestia and Ben enter, the son looked around while asking, "Mommy, you think we will find something for Twilight in here?

"Of course; and I believe I know the right one." Celestia said with a grin. Using her magic, she made a necklace float over. "This necklace has been in this treasury for years. According to legends, this necklace represents true love."

"Whoa..." Ben said as Celestia gave the necklace to him. "What is it?"

"To be honest, I don't know but I felt some special magic coming from it. Perhaps someday its name and meaning will come." Celestia admitted to her son thoughtfully.

"Thanks, mommy; Twilight will love it...I hope. You think she will once the exam is over?" Ben asked his mother curiously while putting the necklace into a saddlebag that he's wearing.

Celestia nuzzled her son while saying, "I know so. But no matter what you get there, Twilight will still be your friend...or maybe something more."

"Yeah. You think Twilight would do good at her exam?"

"That depends. Those judges that worked for me select certain exams at random at times. I wouldn't be surprised if they give her the hardest one yet. I just hope Twilight would beat the impossible odds."

"Yeah, same here...at least, it shouldn't be anything...unnatural." Ben remarks in agreement while shrugging at this. Hopefully the exam that is given to Twilight wouldn't be too hard or the filly's dreams may get crushed.

Ben knows the perfect location to put the necklace in a secret place that he has made in his room, which is found in a wall that can be pushed aside to reveal the place. The colt later put the necklace itself in a box with a tag on it that say 'To: Twilight Sparkle. From: Ben Mare'.

Even if Twilight doesn't pass her exam, Ben can at least give her something to cheer the filly up.

------------------

"Getting nervous, Twiley?" Shining ask his sister with a smile as the filly prepares herself for her big day, one that could change her life forever (unknown to Twilight at the time).

"A bit," Twilight said in concern. "What if they want me to pass an entrance exam? What if I failed?"

"Whoa, whoa, Twiley, calm down. They wouldn't give you something difficult that will assure that you fail big time, right? Trust me, as your big brother, I have confidence that you would proceed."

"Yeah...maybe you're right. Shining...did I tell you about what I talked with Ben earlier?"

"No, what is it?" Shining ask Twilight curiously.

"Well, he wanted me to answer a question: if I would be his special somepony or not?" Twilight ask, with a blush on her face. Shining grins, the big brother has gotten his answer already.

"I knew it. You wanted to be his special somepony do you?"

"Yes. Oh, my stomach is full of butterflies. I hope that my entrance exam wouldn't make me put off my answer or anything."

"Relax, Twilight." Shining assures his sister as he nuzzles her a bit. "I'm assured that you will do fine. You will see."

Twilight nods, she hopes to Celestia that the judges for the entrance exam doesn't give her anything...too hard, right?

---------

What the hay was she thinking?! The next day, her parents brought Twilight to the school and right in a lecture hall...and as the filly fears, she has to pass an entrance exam to get in! Four examiners are in their seats, holding down clipboards and paper, preparing to see if she's edible or not.

Night Light and Twilight Velvet watch, prompting her to keep her head up and smile. Twilight gulps a bit and tries to do so. She wonders how Ben deals with this kind of thing, being nervous of course. Suddenly the filly near jumped out of her coat as a door is heard opening. A stallion came in, pushing a cart filled with straw and a one, large spotted egg. There is a sign on the cart's side that depicts the egg hatching and a Dragon popping out, instructions for the examinee.

"Now then, you may begin." One examiner said to Twilight sternly. The stallion pushes the cart over to the filly who eyes it uncertainly while the delivery stallion backs out of the room. "Well, Miss Sparkle?"

Hoo boy, this is difficult. Twilight gave the egg a good look and giggles nervously before sighing. The examiners use their pencils to take notes on their clipboard. The filly grits her teeth, sweating a bit. What will she do?

Twilight is startled as another committee coughs. The filly backs up and aims her horn at the egg. She concentrates a bit, Twilight cannot fail this. She groans while doing her best...but all she does was sends out a little spark from the tip and made the third examiner yawn; Unimpressive.

"We don't have all day." The female examiner remarks dryly while checking her watch. Twilight looks worried. This was the most important day of her life, her entire future would be affected by the outcome of this day...and she was about to blow it!

Twilight send out one more spark...but it fizzles out. The filly sighs sadly as she belly flops to the lecture hall floor, then got up to sit on her haunches. Perhaps Twilight wasn't meant to be studying under Princess Celestia at all. Perhaps she's better off being a magic-less pony.

"I'm sorry I wasted your time." Twilight said in a small voice. The examiners jot down some notes. Looks like she failed...

-----------

At this time, Ben Mare was seen sitting under a tree, looking up towards the sky. He lets off a sigh in sounding…a little sad. The Earth colt knows that today is the day Twilight takes the entrance exam for Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. But, deep down, Ben was worried if his mother would truly see something special about Twilight as he had, or would Celestia break the filly's dream by not accepting her, the one that he cares for. So many questions were going through Ben's mind that a familiar 'friend' of his happens to come by.

"Shoot, what seems to be troubling ya Ben?" Ben turned to the voice, only to see Hoboken Joe coming by while pushing a cart of recyclable stuff & some picked up trash across the streets in Canterlot.

"Hoboken Joe; I…didn't see you there. What are you doing?" Ben responded a bit surprise to see his other friend, even an Earth Pony janitor, was nearby, but why?

"My job of course, or did ya forget that I'm a janitor, plus volunteer to take up jobs that no other fancy pony in their right mind would wanna get dirty to do." Hoboken explained off in stating his reason of being here was to do his job.

"Right, sorry." Ben responded a bit cheekily before looking away, he was so distracted in thought, he forgot about that reason.

"Well come on now Ben, what's eaten' ya up?" Hoboken Joe asked from coming over to se what was making the colt feel blue.

"It's my friend, Twilight Sparkle." Ben addressed off the manner of what's got his attention.

"You's friend, or ya mean you's special pony?" Hoboken smiled to make a little joke to cheer up this colt.

"Well…she's taking part in Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns." Ben smiled mostly before looking worried with concerns.

"By golly, that's great to hear. She must be one talented little filly for ya!" Hoboken responded surprise to hear Ben's filly friend is taking part in such a special place for gifted unicorns.

"Yeah, but I'm hoping she does well, I'm worried about what happen if she…fails…what should I do?" Ben responded off in having second thoughts that while he believes Twilight will do fine, what happens if she doesn't pass, what should he say or do then?

"Well that there is up to them teachers to decide, plus the princess." Hoboken pointed off that unless Twilight shows potential, then the staff or Celestia could make an expectation this time. "But shoot, unless you's got connection to Celestia to ask her nicely to have Twilight pass, then the filly has to show her stuff…on her own." He stated off that unless Celestia sees Twilight is special, maybe Ben could get the princess to take the filly under her wing.

"Yeah, guess you got a point." Ben made a sheepish expression in knowing full well, that Celestia was his mother and she knows much about Twilight already from what he said to her.

"But don't threat, I've heard & seen plenty of Twilight doing that hocus-pocus stuff & she's pretty darn good." Hoboken Joe declared off in knowing full well that Twilight's got the good stuff. "Why heck, maybe a sign will tell us if she done pass or something." He shrugs off his shoulders to say that they can be given a sign to let them know of the filly's passing of the exam.

"Really; Wha…what kinda sign should we look for? If it can help Twilight, then I…" Ben asked off in hearing this, maybe if they find it now, it can help Twilight all the more.

"Slow down Ben, signs that tell us about future stuff ain't gonna appear from the sky." Hoboken held up his hooves to state how they can't go looking for a sign to tell them the future, it just happens.

"Maybe, but…" Ben looked a little down; he was sure hoping to find a sign that could help with Twilight, if only it could happen.

"BOOOMFRUVHMMM…" Suddenly, something happened that caused the entire area itself to shake from strong explosive vibration. This caught a lot of certain ponies' attention and more so then others.

"WAAAAUGH; Duck and cover; It's another pony Warfare!" Hoboken Joe cried out before jumping on Ben Mare, covering the colt like some solider taking a blast. "Where are them Apples? We need them out here, FAAAST!" The stallion was looking around for some Apples in question to appear, but why?

"Augh, Hoboken! What are you talking about, there's no war happening! It sounded like it came above us!" Ben tried to push his friend off of him while calming Hoboken down about where the noise of origin came from.

And just above the view of Canterlot, all could see what appeared to be a rainbow…but it was shot off like a ring that spread across the skies. The colors were seen far and wide, so many and in a large scale, it was a marvel of beauty and wonderment ponies haven't ever come across before in their lives.

"Well shoot my bickers & call me Shirley!" Hoboken calmed down enough to stand up and look at the marvel in the sky.

"You're name's Shirley?" Ben raised an eyebrow in what Hoboken said was his name, not getting it was a metaphor reply.

"Noooo, I mean that there! In the sky! That rainbow," Hoboken shook off the silly colt's misunderstanding to look up in the sky. "Why, I do believe it's a rare anomaly!" He held his chin in pondering what they happen to have here.

"Really, what kind," Ben asked a bit intrigued in what they are seeing is a rare sight.

"Heck, it's different from a Rainbow some Pegasus use, yet it had a…'boom' effect, plus it's course work is like a shockwave we refer as; a sonic boom." Hoboken Joe was putting together some parts in what they had here and the meaning of stuff that could explain the creation of this new trick in the skies. "Heck, I do think that maybe it's a; 'Sonic Rainboom', if any, ya know, people call it that. It's an old wise-mare's tale." He declared while shrugging off his shoulders in thinking, folks could call it whatever, but it had the workings of a sonic boom mix with a rainbow; so hence, maybe in the future be described as a Sonic Rainboom.

"Wow; that sounds amazing! Who do you think did it?" Ben responded in liking the sounds of the name and thought of whoever done this.

"My guess, a very special Pegasus; There ain't that many that could pull off such an unusual display work." Hoboken Joe looked up at the sky to try to see who done the trick, it HAD to have been a Pegasus, but whoever done it was too far and tiny to be seen.

"Do you think that's the sign that we were looking for?" Ben asked Hoboken if the Sonic Rainboom they saw is a sign to tell them about Twilight.

"If not, then my kin-eye work is telling me that I ain't seeing a dragon head pop out of the building that's supposed to be where the entrance exam your filly friend is partaking in!" Hoboken turned his head in issuing something even stranger yonder that sounded more bizarre than seeing a rare Sonic-Rainboom display.

True to Hoboken Joe's words, from his and Ben's spot, they had a view of the building where Twilight was gonna enter to pass the exam to get in Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns; when some big-headed dragon head bust the ceiling off. Now a lot of folks were surprised, but some got worried from a few sparks of electricity shooting off from the windows & the ceiling hole; It wasn't long before that dragon head that broke the roof of the palace suddenly vanished without a trace.

"Woah, what happened now?" Ben asked off in never believing that just happened now.

"Beats me, but I can think of one thing." Hoboken shook his head in being stump surprise too, but thought for a moment about all of this. "Unexpected rainbow display, a sudden dragon broke out of the roof of a palace, nobody knew about or seen a big dragon come to Canterlot today, while today is the exam for Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns." He thought long and hard about all this strange events, and came to a conclusion. "Hmm, I do declare that these signs must mean….your filly passed." Hoboken Joe turned to Ben with a smile in stating to the colt that this all meant that Twilight passed her entry exam.

"Hugh? Re-Really," Ben was so stunned and shocked, that words didn't come out of his mouth.

"Shoot, I bet'cha the apple mark on my flank here that not only did Twilight pass, but maybe got a Cutie Mark to boot!" Hoboken pointed an apple on his flank with his other stuff mark there in stating that maybe Twilight Sparkle also found her talent for a Cutie Mark to appear.

"You really think so? Gosh, that would be so amazing if Twilight gotten her Cutie Mark on the day of passing the exam!" Ben exclaimed off in never guessing that Twilight would be so amazing to do all of that.

"Though what it look like, that's a tricky one. Any guesses?" Hoboken rubbed his noggin in trying to have the two guess, what image of a Cutie Mark Twilight had discovered?

"Um, how's about…something to do with stars?" Ben slowly responded in his first guess for the special pony of his.

"Eh, good enough for me to think that it's durable. What with her name being like Twilight, and Sparkle, gives away the ideal point of sparky stars in the twilight." Hoboken shrug off in saying that guess alone seems to fit Twilight perfectly and on Ben's first try too.

"Boy, I can't wait to know how she did!" Ben smiled and jumps for joy, he really wants to see and hear the news from Twilight. "By the way, why did you act that way about an attack & something with apples?" The young colt looked to Hoboken Joe puzzled about how he was acting strangely for a guy that looks like a hobo.

"Well, can't give ya much, but I was once a part of a battle, well…more like a war that happened and ya see…when I said Apples, those were some ponies that I knew." Hoboken rubbed his back neck in struggling to say these things about his past in which he fought in a war once and knew some ponies by the Apple name.

"Wait, when did we have a war? And who are the Apples?" Ben asked off in never hearing about them having a war or about some ponies that had an apple relationship.

"Sorry Ben, it's an old history that I can't tell ya until you's is older." Hoboken Joe shook his head 'no' that the tale of such a time when ponies were at war is too much for a little colt to hear about; too scary. "As for the Apples, let’s just say….I'm connected to them by the known Earth pony farmers group called the Apple Family." He shrugs off to look at his Cutie Mark, remembering days about some group that were Earth ponies from a family group.

"Really,” Ben responded a bit surprise, so there were more Earth ponies, farmers even that even earn some reputation.

"Yeah, and the tale…is kinda painful." Hoboken looked away in almost showing a sorrow expression; it almost got Ben's attention…till the stallion snap out of it. "But enough sass about me, think about present time here. You should get ready when you see Twilight, and best prepare for some shocking news, other than her acceptance & Cutie Mark discovery." Hoboken Joe issued that Ben should just quickly get going to meet up with Twilight to hear the side of news from her and much more.

"Gotta it Hoboken; Seeya!" Ben nods with a smile before suddenly racing off with much speed.

As Ben was racing down, Hoboken Joe return to the stuff he left when he talked to the colt. But before moving, he looked to his flank and rubbed the apple mark with a little smile while looking off at a distance Ben Mare.

"Hugh, that boy is something special, might not be a unicorn, but my gut tells me that there's something magical about him." Hoboken Joe exclaimed in feeling that Ben Mare is a pony of much hidden potential, more so then any of them can believe. "Just like in those days with the family...hugh, how that day still remains." He looked to the apple mark to sigh with some form of grief, recalling something connecting with the Apple Family & from a previous war battle. But then he snaps his attention on the present. "Aw shoot, I forgot my own advice; look positive during any moment, well then…time I got cracking now! Dum-dumdilly-um-bumbum…" Soon Hoboken Joe regains his positive motive, and started to once again sing a little song to pass the time while he moved along in doing his other task jobs.

------------

As Ben was heading back home, let's go back a few minutes or so to what happened during Twilight's exam.

Twilight looks down, feeling like she fails...when sometime shocking happens: a distant explosion shakes the room with a rainbow blast wave appearing in the window, spreading over the sky.

Twilight is startled as her horn came to life with a beam that is send towards the cart, hitting the egg as a result. The egg levitates out of the straw before breaking open. The ponies looks astounded as a baby purple Dragon appears, yawning and stretching.

But Twilight's magic didn't stop there. The filly gave out a panicked yelp as her eyes begin glowing purple white, growing as big as hockey pucks. The power begins glowing over the whole room before enveloping her in a purple/white corona.

"Twilight," Night Light ask his daughter in concern. What is going on?

The lightning bolts thrown off let the examiners float clear of their seats, turn Mr. and Mrs. Sparkle into potted plants, and grow the little purple dragon so large that his head and shoulders punch through the roof of the building.

Celestia was outside when this happened, seeing the transformed Dragon. She knew who could be responsible.

"So it is her." Celestia said thoughtfully as she quickly gallops into the building. Twilight could be the one after all.

Back in the lecture hall, Twilight floats on helplessly, unable to stop levitating herself as well as get her powers under control. Just then a white hoof touches her on the shoulder, making her turn.

There she is, Celestia who is smiling serenely to her. The filly finally snaps out of it, her eyes return to normal as the power breaks. All of the accidentally magic is undone with the baby Dragon returning to his infant state, smiling as he sucks peacefully on his tail.

"Twilight Sparkle," Celestia begins to say.

"I'm so sorry!" Twilight exclaims in worry, fearing the worst. Not good, the princess of Equestria is here...and she may end up rejecting her from the school...or worst, have the poor filly banished from Canterlot! She may never see Ben again! "I didn't mean to..."

Celestia interrupts Twilight, smiling as she said, "You have a very special gift. I don't think I've ever come across a unicorn with your raw abilities."

"Huh?" Twilight asked in surprise and confusion.

"But you need to learn to tame these abilities through focused study." Celestia adds with an approved smile.

"Huh?" Twilight asked louder.

"Twilight Sparkle, I'd like to make you my own personal protege here at the school." Celestia said as well.

"Huh?" Twilight ask even louder. She can't believe what she herself is hearing. The princess of Equestria is asking her, a little filly, to become her personal protege?

"Well?"

The flabbergasted filly looks back at her parents, who nod and neigh enthusiastically, telling her to accept the offer. Then, she grinned widely before she jumped to at least four times her own height to hang in midair as she yelled excitedly, "YEEEESSSSS!!"

"One more thing, Twilight," Celestia said as she points to her, interrupting her.

"More," Twilight ask in alarm as she hits the title on her gut, knocking herself silly between the princess and her parents.

Twilight notices Celestia pointing something on her flank, making the filly turn. To her surprise and excitement, it appears to be a star cutie mark. Could it be?

"My cutie mark," Twilight exclaimed, and then, she started hopping around Celestia as she started cheering excitedly, "YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES…"

Celestia giggles a bit, "You must be very excited." The princess turns to the parents, saying, "Do not worry, Mr. and Mrs. Sparkle. I will take good care of your daughter here at the school."

"We appreciate you accepting Twilight." Twilight Velvet said with a grin. The mare turns to her daughter who calms down. "Twilight, come on. We must tell your brothers this."

"And maybe a trip to the donut shop to celebrate." Night Light said as the two ponies leave with their daughter. Twilight has been accepted, it's a dream come true.

"Later on, can I go meet Ben?" Twilight ask her parents hopefully. "I wanna tell him this as well as my answer!"

"Of course you can go meet him, dear." Twilight Velvet replied with a smile.

As the trio left, Celestia smiles upon hearing that. The alicorn princess suspects that Twilight and Ben are becoming more than just friends.

"Perhaps when Twilight begins living at my school/castle, I should reveal the truth at last." Celestia said to herself quietly. She knew that she herself can finally tell the truth about Ben's connection to her soon.

As well as a secret that the princess been keeping to herself all these years at last.

------------

Ben was trotting on home when he almost collided with a blue filly unicorn. The annoyed filly snaps, "Hey, watch it!"

"Sorry, I don't have time, miss! I gotta get home!" Ben, without looking to see whom he ran into, exclaims. As the colt heads off, he mumbles, "Man, she sounds a bit upset. I hope that I don't run into her again."

"Ugh, that colt is a jerk." The filly unicorn known as Trixie Lulamoon groans to herself in annoyance. "Bad enough that my teacher has accepted that new purple filly as her new protégé! I hope that I don't see him again!"

Ben grins as he heads on home. Twilight and him made plans to meet after the exam so that she will explain what happened...and to give him his answer. The colt cannot wait, especially with a gift that his mother helped him picked out especially for Twilight.

"Excuse me, Ben? A word," A familiar voice spoke up. Ben turns and saw Boris and his goons approaching him.

"Go away, Boris. You aren't going to hurt me or make fun of me today." Ben said to Boris with a frown.

"Relax, my good friend. I know when to quit; Today's Twilight's exam, right?" Boris points out to Ben though the colt already saw what has happened.

"Yeah and before you say anything, don't. Twilight and I will remain friends or more even when she gets into that school or not. And if Twilight does, I'm sure that she will have time to see me somehow." Ben snaps to Boris sternly.

"Come on, the boss knows when to quit, right?" Dum-Dum remarks to Ben with a smirk, surprising the colt as a result.

"Right, I decided that I will stop trying to fight you for Twilight now since it's obvious that you two are meant to be together." Boris said to Ben with a grin. The colt looks surprised but a bit suspicious. "And to show you no hard feelings, I will help you find a way to go to the same school with her."

"What? But the school only accepts unicorns." Ben said doubtfully. "How can I be able to get in there?"

"Oh, leave everything to me. Meet me here at nightfall. Come on, I know you want to be with Twilight for all of time, right?"

Ben is puzzled but is now convinced. If Boris can make him be with Twilight all the time happen, then the colt will take that chance. Of course, Ben fails to see the evil grins on Boxco and Dum-Dum's face...

----------------

Ben arrives home, putting his stuff away. He is anxious, wondering if whatever Boris has planned would work.

"I hope it works but would I get into trouble?" Ben ask himself quietly. "Well, as long as I don't get caught or anything, I should be fine, right?"

Ben opens the wall that leads to a certain hiding place, showing the box that has the necklace in it. The colt takes it, smiling a bit.

"And once I get in, Twilight will like it ten times fold." Ben whispers to himself a bit before putting the box away. The colt must prepare himself for nightfall. He won't tell his mother about this until then.

-----------------------------------

It was nightfall at the Celestia's School for Gifted unicorns. No one seems to notice four little foals outside, heading in. Boris uses his magic to unlock a door to allow them in.

"How is breaking in supposed to guarantee me to be with Twilight," Ben whispered to Boris in worry.

"Ben, come on, Boris knows what he's doing." Dum-Dum insists quietly to Ben. "No pony else is here right now. Don't worry about a thing."

"But I have to meet Twilight and supposed to meet her very soon." Ben said to the goons in worry.

"No worries, Ben. You will see her eventually. Now to Nexus's office..." Boris remarks with an evil grin. Ben doesn't know it but the red stallion have no intentions of letting his rival meet Twilight tonight anytime soon...

Boxco, a while later, knocks open the door to Sir Spell Nexus's office. The headmaster isn't in, but his office has certain spells on his desk, along with potions and such. The four foals came in quietly.

"So what are we looking for?" Boxco ask, pretending not to know what's going on.

"A certain spell that is said for Earth ponies to learn magic. It should be here somewhere..." Boris said thoughtfully then glances at a cage nearby that appears to be covered. "Maybe it's in there. Ben, check it out."

Ben hesitates but the thought of him being with Twilight soon clouds his judgments. The colt heads over to the cage and opens it, looking inside.

"I don't see any..." Suddenly, without warning, Boxco and Dum-Dum quickly push Ben inside the cage, "AAAH!" The two quickly close the cage, locking the colt inside. Ben got up from inside the prison and looks out the window of the door. "Guys, let me out! I have been locked in!"

Boris and his goons laugh cruelly with the boss asking slyly, "What? Don't feel so confident now? That shows what happened if you try to be with my filly!"

Ben groans in disbelief as the bullies laugh cruelly. He should've known! Boris never wanted to help the colt be with Twilight at the school...he just lured Ben here to get locked up in this cage, pulling a prank to scare him; Or worst, get into trouble once Nexus comes back by morning.

Ben hears a growl and turns to see a darkness creature coming to him. The colt screams as he pounds on the door while screaming, "Guys, get me out! There's something in here! Guys, GUYS!"

The bullies laugh a bit, ignoring Ben's cries of fear as the cage shakes around. This is so much fun. Boris knew of the Mini-Were in here. Maybe this would scare the foolish colt into staying away from Twilight...or get him into trouble if he was found the next morning.

But then, the door suddenly begins to get pounded. Dum-Dum stops laughing as he notices the door itself is close to breaking off. The white Pegasi pony asks his boss, "Errr, Boris? Was this supposed to happen?"

The two unicorns stop laughing as they saw what's happening. The trio of bullies yelps and move out of the way as the cage door is broken down. They gape and saw Ben coming out...except the colt is now a furry black huge pony with red eyes, wolf like teeth, a black mane and, a black tail.

"Holy cow; He's a Demon Pony!" Boxco exclaims in shock as the Demon Pony growls a bit.

"Ben is hideous!" Dum-Dum exclaims in concern.

"This is better than I thought! Instead of Earth pony filth, Ben is now a freak!" Boris laughs evilly. The prank didn't end what the bully has wanted it to much but this is so much better! The red colt then took out a bag of rocks and throw some at the transformed Ben, making him growl in pain, "Hey, boys! Let's have some fun."

The minions join Boris as they throw rocks and some stuff that the trio can get their hooves on at the Demon Pony. Ben growls, getting a bit upset. He is losing control of himself.

Finally, the Demon Pony roars as he pounces at the trio of bullies, they scream as they themselves realize that they have pushed Ben too far. Boris tries to use magic to push the newly made monster back but it wasn't working.

The Demon Pony growls as Boris hits him with a hoof, but it's no use. In rage, the monster hits the bully right in the right side of his face. Boris screams as he now has scratches on the said side of his own face.

Boxco and Dum-Dum scream as they move out of the way. The Demon Pony rushes out through a window, breaking through it and goes out into the night. Boris got out and groans. He and his goons have to get out of here before they are discovered...

---------------

Twilight was so excited. She is now Princess Celestia's student. Oh, what an honor to be one! Her parents and brother were excited as she is.

Before Twilight went to the school for her fateful exam, she met up with Ben and arranged a special meeting at a certain part of Canterlot so that Twilight will give him the good news as well as her answer.

"Oh, I can't wait to tell Ben." Young Twilight said in delight. "He's going to be so happy...and much more, once I give him my answer.

Twilight found the place where she and Ben were going to meet. She chose the nighttime, because the filly found it to be a romantic moment to be with him...alone.

Of course, Twilight looks around in a puzzled matter. Strange; Shouldn't Ben be here by now?

"Ben? Where are you?" Twilight asked in concern.

Twilight looks worried. Have Ben forgotten or was threatened by Boris to not come? Just then, a crashing noise is heard, making the filly turn in alarm.

"W-w-who's there?" Twilight asked in fear, "Ben? Is that you?"

Suddenly, something lands in front of Twilight, startling the filly. She looks up and gasps in terror as Twilight saw some sort of furry black huge pony with red eyes, wolf-like teeth, a black Mane and a black tail. Of course, it was Ben but she doesn't recognize him.

Ben turned to Twilight and noticed her. He appears to be growling, shaking the poor filly up. What is this creature? What does it want?

The creature advances on Twilight who protested, "No...no, don't!"

The whole thing was too much for Twilight to take. She faints to the ground. Ben looks over at the filly then looks sad, with tears in his eyes. Twilight, the one that he wanted to be with, is now terrified of him...

"Twilight...I'm sorry." Ben said in sadness. He hears noises of some guards or ponies coming, making him rush off. The newly made Demon Pony didn't stop until he left Canterlot, probably to never come home again.

----------------

Twilight wakes up in a hospital bed, groaning, "Ugh, where am I?"

"Twilight, you okay?" Twilight Velvet asks in concern. She and Night Light are by the bed, looking concerned.

"Yeah, I am. What happened?" Twilight ask her parents in concern.

"The Royal Guards found you unconscious." Night Light explains to his daughter with a sigh.

"Lucky thing; There's reports of a monster in Canterlot." Twilight Velvet adds with a shudder. "Boris explains that it is some sort of Demon Pony, a monster that can't be harmed with magic. You’re lucky that it didn’t get you."

"Dear Celestia!" Twilight exclaims with a yelp of fear.

"Don't worry; the Demon Pony appears to be gone now. No one saw him since last night." Night Light assures his daughter. "It attacked a former classmate of yours, that Boris colt; gave him scratches on his face."

"I hope Ben is all right. Hopefully whoever his mommy is took precaution and..." Twilight stops upon seeing the sad looks on her parents' faces. "What? What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry, Twilight...but Ben is gone." Night Light said to his daughter sadly.

Twilight gasped in horror at this as she asked in disbelief, "G...Gone?"

"According to Boris, that same Demon Pony found...and spirit the young colt off." Twilight Velvet explains in sadness. Twilight's heart felt like someone rip it into pieces.

"No, no...it can't be. No!" Twilight said with a sad whine. Ben can't be gone! The filly has plans to be with him...and to be his special somepony. Now...Ben's gone!

Twilight sobs as she jumps out of bed and gallops out, Night Light protests, "Twilight!"

"Just leave her, honey." Twilight Velvet said in sadness to her husband. "Our little daughter is going through a loss right now..."

As Twilight rush through the hallways, she found Boris who is being treated for his wounds with Boxco and Dum-Dum waiting.

"Oh, Twilight," Boris said upon seeing her. "Are you all right?"

"Please tell me that you were fibbing...Ben wasn't taken by that Demon Pony thing." Twilight pleads to Boris with tears in her eyes. The filly wants him to admit that he was lying.

Boxco and Dum-Dum kept their hidden laughter in hold. Boris sighs while saying in pretend concern, "No, sorry. I saw it happened. Ben was attacked by that thing...tried to stop it but the Demon Pony knocked me out, give me these scratches."

"Right, try to help but we're useless as bugs in a light." Boxco comments to Twilight with a shrug.

"Don't you mean...wait, I don't know what he's saying involves useless." Dum-Dum remarked. Boris rolls his eyes. He got one idea of what's 'useless'.

"Look, the point is...he's gone. Sorry, but that's the fact." Boris remarks with a shrug. Twilight couldn't believe it but from the reports and Boris's scratches, it could be true. "Look, I'm sorry. Your colt friend is gone, lying in the ground like the Earth filth he is. Best to find someone better to love...like me."

Of course, hearing that almost made Twilight go crazy like before; Bad enough that Ben is gone, but this bully is trying to kick him while he's down?!

"I DON'T LOVE YOU!" Twilight yells furiously as she got into Boris's face, almost making him fall to the floor. "I'm not a prize to be won! I'm nopony's property and I don't even like you. Ben's not filth! YOU ARE!"

This put an angry look on Boris' face. Nopony calls him filth ever!

"Now..." But Twilight gallops past Boris, ignoring his angry look, not wanting to even deal with now at the moment.

Dum-Dum watches Twilight leave then say, "Well, boss. It seems you kept your promise that you made a while ago. Right, Boxco?"

"Indeed he has, Dum-Dum." Boxco remarks with a nod.

"Ha ha ha ha ha ha," Boris said in an amusing tone of voice. "I warned you to watch your back, Benny boy. Now you shall pay the price for stealing Twilight for eternity."

Ben has paid now that he's a Demon Pony and most likely exiled himself. And as long as no pony knows the truth, Boris has indeed gotten away with his crime.

------------

"And you sure that you can't find him?" Celestia ask the Royal Guard general in concern.

"Positive. We have searched all over. There is no sign of Ben Mare anywhere in Canterlot...we have to fear the worst..." The general said with a sigh. He saw a saddened upset look on the princess's face, "Princess?"

"Double the searches...search all nearby towns and forests...but try your best to find him! Now leave me at once!"

The general nods as he leaves the room. Celestia locks the door...then collapses into her bed, sobbing. Her son, her foal Ben Mare is gone...taken by a monster. The alicorn looks at a picture of herself and Ben as a baby foal. Oh, why didn't she make sure to check up on him sooner? But no, the princess was busy, delighted over Twilight entering her school.

"Oh Luna...first Megan is gone...then you, now my son?" Celestia sobs as she looks up to the moon...as well as the shadowy mare now in it AKA her banished sister Luna. "And our mothers are too busy with the Heart...must everyone that I care and love be taken away from me? Why?"

Celestia, not expecting an answer, put her head into the pillow, sobs some more, grieving over the loss of her son Ben Mare...

-------------

Now the situation opens up to the next day where Twilight was crying herself by the bridge where she and Ben use to meet; Ever since the news of a Demon Pony spiriting away the only special pony that she ever cared for, it left her distress and heart broken. How could she continue to live on when Ben Mare could have been killed by the Demon Pony that scarred Boris & he along with Dum Dum & Boxco were the only witnesses to the act. It was around here that Twilight's brothers; Shining Armor & Starlight came up to comfort their sister in her most hour of need.

"Sis; Twilight, are okay?" Starlight asks Twilight in concern. "Is this about..."

"Ben is gone." Twilight said in sadness while looking down to the river. "I love him...and now he's gone. I should've told him before..."

"It's okay, Twiley...I'm sure everything will be okay." Shining said to his sister gently.

"No...it's not okay...I will never love or make any more friends again...not if I end up losing them too..."

Both brothers aren't sure what they could do for Twilight now. The colt that she cares for is gone and Twilight will never love or care for again. One might wonder if that baby Dragon that she hatched would be a perfect substitute...that is if Celestia agrees to let Twilight keep him or not...

"Shoot, somepony needs to have her water works tone down a notch?" Spoke another voice that came into the picture that had the siblings turn to see...Hoboken Joe enter the picture.

"Hoboken Joe," Twilight responded a bit surprise to see the guy that was friends with Ben Mare here.

"Hay…isn't he that Hobo guy that works at your school as a janitor?" Starlight asked off in recalling how this was a stallion that worked at Twilight's school where Ben & Boris goes to.

"Starlight….let’s not make fun of him." Shining scold his youngest brother for being rude to somepony on appearance.

"Shoot, I don't mind, heck, if he were shooting me down with things that hurt me, I be on my back from how tough the little fella is!" Hoboken Joe smiled off in stating it wasn't any trouble, and made a light joke of it with a few chuckles afterwards.

Starlight couldn't help but chuckle from how funny the hobo stallion made that joke. But of course, that was cut off from Twilight & Shining giving Starlight a stern stare that shut him up.

"But seriously, I know what happened. Heck, everypony around knows what happened." Hoboken Joe got serious in knowing why everyone here is down-set sad, cause of what happened to Ben.

"You mean…about….Ben…" Twilight hesitate her words from a few tears and runny nose.

"Yep, a mighty sorry thing to hear; A good colt like that, here one moment, gone the next." Hoboken Joe nods with a gloom face that poor Ben is long gone from their life here.

"Yeah, but I think Twilight doesn't really wanna be reminded of that stuff now!" Starlight exclaimed that talking about Ben Mare's disappearance wasn't the best idea to be brought up now.

"Shoot, course I understand, but she seems to miss something crucial." Hoboken Joe stated off in knowing the situation was serious, but Twilight seem to have let something sidetracked her.

"Like…what?" Shining raised an eyebrow in what this hobo friend was trying to get to.

"Like to chin up & not be taken down by the special pony's disappearance," Hoboken Joe issued off in what Twilight should be doing is not to soak up & cry all the time.

"But…Ben is…he was…my first friend, and my…special somepony." Twilight tried to hold herself from crying again, she misses Ben awful much.

"I get'cha darling, but tell me this. Would you be more sad if Ben was sad to see you right now?" Hoboken Joe nods in knowing what a filly like Twilight is going through, but she has to wonder how Ben react if he saw her now.

"Hugh?" Starlight replied a bit lost and puzzled by that question.

"What are you talking about?" Twilight looked up at this stallion, wondering why he say that to her. "Why would Ben…?" Before she could ask, she was cut off.

"Cause wherever he be, if he learned you let his disappearance ruin your life done make him sadder than a batch fill of piled onions." Hoboken Joe declared off that if Ben knew that Twilight was gonna let the colt's disappearance ruin her life, then whoever he be might make him feel regretful & blame himself for hurting the one he love. "Just think for a second, if he was here & learn you's was gonna not live a good life or your dream, don't ya think that make him unhappy in what you's done to yourself?" This guy was pointing out the major deals of what Ben Mare think that Twilight is capable of so much more to not let this stop the filly.

"But…how can I live a good life without Ben in it?" Twilight looked to the ground in sorrow, wondering if she truly had a shot without her special pony around to guide her through the years.

"Twiley, you have to be strong…for Ben's sake." Shining approached his little sister to rest his left hoof around her neck. "You're not alone during this matter, we all miss him and that's why we each have to help the other out." He issued that Twilight isn't alone as many that were close to knowing Ben Mare are right here and caring for the colt.

"Yeah sis, that's what family is for." Starlight jumped up to be near his sister in trying to get her to not let this matter ruin her life, she has family to help her.

"Shining…Starlight…?" Twilight looked to her smiling brothers and could almost feel her sorrow fading a bit with a little smile. They are trying to help her get over her depression, it was both thoughtful and caring and she shouldn't let it all go to waste.

"Shoot, even friends can help get over any tough obstacle & give you's a shoulder to lean on when you's in trouble." Hoboken Joe pointed out another matter, that if Twilight also had friends, she has those around her age to help her in any tough spots.

Twilight soon gave this some thought, while she may not have much friends other than with Ben being her first, the idea may not be far from her to still have. But still, for the time being, her heart needs to heal before she can even think about such things like friendship.

"I guess…if I have to…I'll try to not let the past ruin myself or my future. Ben wouldn't want that, he want me to live out a good life." Twilight smiled to decide to not let Ben's disappearance take a huge toll on her life.

"That's the spirit Twiley!" Shining smiled to pat his sister's head in being proud of her.

"Yeah, you go sis!" Starlight jumped for joy, Twilight is finally getting back to her old self.

"And if it makes you feel a little more better, here's something I recently acquired to know." Hoboken Joe wanted to give something to the Sparkle Siblings in wanting them to know something important, so they listen in. "While the knowledge about the Demon Pony is thin, there is a saying about what 'Spirited Away' means." He issued about the topic being about the case and about it with Ben Mare.

"Which is?" Starlight slowly raised an eyebrow in wanting to know what the meaning of this was about.

"Just what it means, something took them by chance away from us all. But don't distress!" Hoboken Joe issued the matter that whoever was sprinted away was taken, but there's more still. "If whatever happened, the Demon Pony only took something away, then the clue to finding what was lost is to find the prime-suspect himself." He issued about where to find that which was taken is finding the thief, in this case, it means finding the Demon Pony to find Ben Mare.

"You're not saying we find the Demon Pony?" Shining asked off a bit surprised with a raised eyebrow. "Celestia had us scattered all over to locate the missing colt, but found no sign or trace of the beast!" Shining was given orders after joining as a part of Celestia's guards, the princess was very serious in finding the beast, but sadly, they came up emptied handed.

"Well that's ‘cause Demon Ponies aren't likely to be seen much, much less in how to capture it." Hoboken Joe issued off that somehow, finding the Demon Pony isn't as easy as any of them once believed or even know how to capture one, "But someday, maybe not today, or tomorrow or the next day." He was issuing this motion off but got interrupted.

"What about the day after the next day?" Starlight pointed out about when they find the Demon Pony.

"Starlight," Twilight scold her little brother for interrupting somepony when they spoke.

"Shoot, it could be more than those; maybe a month or a year, give or take, but…" Hoboken Joe issued off that whenever they find the Demon Pony, be maybe a few years from now. "One thing is certain, if and when the Demon Pony should ever show up again, it'll mean it'll give us a chance to know where or what happen to those he spirited away; including Ben Mare." The Hobo had a clear point of view, when the beast returns, whoever was taken can be found by the one that caused it in the first place.

"Do you think it's possible?" Twilight asleep with much hope in her eyes, if they can find the Demon Pony, then they can get Ben Mare back.

"Well, as long as you keep your feelings for Ben strong while not letting this moment tarnishes your life, then someday….we'll find our answer." Hoboken Joe kneels down to pat Twilight on her shoulder in stating a kindness to just have fate, and someday, they'll find the missing colt.

Twilight tries to give a little smile, she wish it was a hundred percent that Ben Mare is still alive, but she'll just have to keep on having much prayer and fate; that her special pony, is indeed…still alive. Somewhere…

"Thank you…" Twilight responded with a hug to the hobo, which Hoboken Joe return in being glad to help out.

"Yeah, you're okay…for a Hobo." Starlight nods with a smile that maybe this hobo pony ain't so bad, if he helped his sister; he's okay in his book.

"Mister Hoboken Joe, I wanna say thanks as well. You really helped my sister out." Shining approached to offer a hoof shake in thanking this pony for cheering Twilight up as much as he could.

"Darn right, it's what Ben Mare would have wanted, I believe he ain't really gone and that he's near…" Hoboken Joe issued off while shaking Shining's hoof that Ben Mare would want Twilight to not be miserable all of her life. "Somewhere in fact….we just can't see him." He ushered out in thought to look around, feeling that maybe Ben Mare was around, maybe in spirit, somehow.

"In any case, we appreciate your help, come on you two, let’s head home." Shining nods in thanking the hobo once more before getting his siblings together.

Soon Shining, Starlight, and a little more cheered up Twilight began to leave the scene. Hoboken Joe smiled at seeing them nice ponies go off, but then suddenly felt like…something was behind him'

"Hugh…" Hoboken turned around quickly from sharp wits in seeing nothing around except an empty alley way where a few stray cats made noises. "I could've sworn that I felt like somepony was looking at me from them shadows…and they felt…like Ben was near." He rubbed his head puzzled, he almost believed that Ben Mare was looking at him from someplace, yet it felt different from the shy colt, almost like there was…more difference in the action. "Shoot, hope I'm not getting paranoid, must be from the jitters from Miss Mona Craft planning a wedding for us! Hehe, now if Benny could see me now! I tell him that love does truly answer our call, we just got to hold onto our true selves, is all." Hoboken responded off to state about him imagining things and about how love can indeed helped somepony, even a Hobo like him was getting married, and that's a real spot on luck for him.

As Hoboken Joe was turning to leave with a little bit of his jolly old positive smile, he never saw something from behind the dark alley. It exhibited claws and a shadowy look of black that made him almost hard to find in the darken alley, and it was…not your average pony. It was the Demon Pony, or more of less, Ben Mare that was transformed into one, thanks to Boris's cruel prank.

"Stay true…to…myself." Ben spoke from his new Demon Pony voice, repeating the words his other friend, Hoboken Joe, gave off about being true to oneself, and the love two souls have for another…will be answered. "I will…try…Hobo Joe…" He spoke in feeling like he was struggling with his hooves, digging claw marks into the ground? "If…you can make it…through terrible fates…then I…can….too! For…Twilight…" The Demon Pony issued that if a hobo like Hoboken Joe can take on ordeals that many should have called it quits and gave up continued to press on, then so can he…so can Ben Mare on the inside! Ben just has to not lose himself in what he's become, and that if Twilight stays true for his feelings, then the love they share for another…won't be as broken as others like Boris tried to do between them.

Then the shadowy pony in the alley fled from view, where no pony has seen the creature for what can be…a long time. Or in the very least, until Twilight Sparkle got older, became the Element of Harmony's Magic User, and more stuff that happened in the past.

------------------

As the story comes to a close, Twilight comment to Nyx, "Well, it wasn't until more than a decade later when I learned the truth, and you already know that story, as you saw it first-hoof."

"And the rest is history, but at least now...I'm free from my curse and with you, Twiley." Ben said, smiling as he nuzzles against his filly-friend.

Spike comment to Twilight, "Of course, we know that Ben's disappearance, combined with Starlight's death; both of which happened within less than 24 hours and a while later after your entrance exam and the disappearance itself; were the real reasons you were so reluctant to make friends until you arrived in Ponyville."

"Did you get what you needed, Nyx?" Twilight ask Nyx with a smile.

"Yeah...wow, Cheerilee would never believe the story that I was given." Nyx said with a smile as she finishes the final touches of the story.

"Heck, I heard it and even I wouldn't believe it." Phobos remarks with a chuckle while petting Koga.

"And the lesson of the story...is to stay true to your inside and move on despite the hardships...maybe I can submit a letter like that to my grandmother Celestia!"

"I'm sure she would love that...once I send it to tomorrow." Twilight said with a smile. Nyx yawns a bit. "My, you are getting to be a sleepy filly; Spike?"

"Yeah, come on, Nyx, time for bed." Spike chuckles as he puts the tired Nyx onto Phobos's back. The baby Dragon led the two to upstairs to put the filly to bed. "Wow, a story like that can put even the former evil out like a light..."

Once Spike, Nyx and Phobos are upstairs, Ben stretches himself and got off the couch, saying, "Twilight...I should remember to thank Hobo Joe for helping you out tomorrow. He did a fine job."

"I'm just glad that he helps us at all...Benjamin honey." Twilight giggles as she pokes Ben on the nose, making him yelp a bit, "Beep!"

"Oh, I'm going to get you for that, Twilight Sparkle!"

Twilight giggles as she rushes away with Ben chasing her, kinda like the way that they were back when the two were foals. Koga and Owlowiscious laughs while making animal noises. Things just never change.

The End

Cast list
Tara Strong: Twilight Sparkle
Jason Marsden: Ben Mare/The Demon Pony
Crispin Freeman: Boris
Nicole Oliver: Princess Celestia
James Arnold Taylor: Boxco
Richard Steven Horvitz: Dum-Dum
Andrew Francis: Shining Armor
Britt McKillip: Princess Cadance
Amy Palant: Starlight
Sam Riegal: Hoboken "Hobo" Joe
Daveigh Chase: Nyx
Chris Sanders: Phobos the Dragon
Cathy Weseluck: Spike the Dragon
Vincent Tong: Donut Joe
Tom Kane: Servant
Frank Welker: Teacher

With special guest appearances by
Tabitha St. Germain: Nightmare Moon
Ashleigh Ball: Rainbow Dash
Andrea Libman: Fluttershy
Kathleen Barr: Trixie Lulamoon

Author's Note:

Wow, that is amazing origin story, eh folks? Hope you like it and I like to thank KingHuffman, VISION-KING and maybe Billy Arratoon for helping out. All right, now for a new story in line...

"Magic Duel Aftermath: Short story that takes place after the episode "Magic Duel". After being humiliated by Twilight again, Trixie returns to the Apocalypse Ponies, facing the wrath of the Superior for her failure."

I hope you guys are ready for. Until next time, read, review and suggest!

Comments ( 5 )

I like these stories. I would like to hear if Twilight and Ben has a foal sooner or later. That would be great.

So I take it you haven't read that article on TvTropes yet.

3946791

I saw the article but to be honest, I try not to pay it any mind.

Comment posted by Sue_Shredder deleted Jul 17th, 2015
TB9

Deleting comments. Mature(!)

Login or register to comment