• Published 7th Feb 2014
  • 2,348 Views, 20 Comments

MLP FIM: Life with Ben - JusSonic



Ever wonder what Twilight's life with Ben was before his disappearance? Well, find out in this story of their foalhood together up to that very much as their love and friendship blooms.

  • ...
25
 20
 2,348

Chapter 2: The Friendship Continues

Chapter 2: The Friendship Continues

Ben Mare didn't go straight to where the Royal Guards should pick him up. The colt just limps his way home, sneaking into the castle then upstairs to his room. He doesn't want his mother to see him like this.

As Ben was putting his school stuff away, he heard a knock at the door. A servant's voice is heard, "Master Benjamin? Are you in there?"

"Uh, yeah, I'm here." Ben said to the servant nervously. "Uh, don't come in. Seriously, don't."

"The Royal Guards that were supposed to pick up came back and told us that you haven't shown up. I happen to saw you come in and like to know why you haven't met them."

"I...I like to just come home by myself, that's all."

"I see. Well, your mother wishes you to come to dinner immediately." The servant said from outside. Ben looks freaked out. His mother is going to see him like this and that will make things worse.

"No, no, please don't! I can't come to dinner!" Ben exclaims whimpering a bit. He saw the door opening causing the bolt to zip over and block the door to keep the servant from coming in. "Please, please, leave me alone! I can't come out!"

Ben cries a bit then hear the noises of the servant leaving. The colt sighs as he got away from the door and put his things away. Ben took out a drawing that he made of himself and Celestia. Oh, how the poor colt wishes for those times again...then Ben wouldn't have to go back to school and get bullied or worst by Boris and his goons.

As Ben put the picture away, a flash appears in the room. A upset Celestia has teleported in.

"Benjamin Mare! I demand to know why you aren't coming to dinner!" Celestia demands to Ben who has his back turned to her in sadness. "I also like to know why you didn't meet the guards. Turn around so I can talk to you!"

Ben turns around....causing Celestia to gasp in shock as she saw the injuries on her poor colt. He must've gotten hurt...and didn't want to show her.

"Oh Ben...what happened to you?" Celestia ask Ben with a sad sigh. She motions him to the door. "Come on, let me get you patched up..."

-----------

In another room, Celestia uses her magic to put bandages on Ben who sat on a table while looking down in sadness. As she treats the injuries, the poor alicorn ask, "Why didn't you go see the doctor when you were harmed before?"

"I...I didn't want you to make a fuss...as well as other ponies finding out about me being your son." Ben explains to Celestia in sadness, tears coming out of his eyes. "That will make things worst and..."

"Ben...you know that the staff is sworn to secrecy. I doubt that me visiting your school because of this will be a problem. So from now on, if this happens, you are to see the doctor at once. Next time, you may not live to come home; understand?"

"Yes mom..."

"Who did this to you? It was that colt Boris again, wasn't it?" Celestia ask Ben in concern. Her son slump down, looking even sadder, "I thought so. Why did he do this to you?"

"He saw me hanging with Twilight Sparkle...the bully got mad...he and his goons pulled me into an alley and beat me..." Ben said as tears came out of his tears. "I would've been a goner if Twilight's brother Shining Armor hasn't saved me. Perhaps it's for the best that I stay away from her...and stay away from school. I am useless, a wimp..."

"Ben...Ben, turn around and look at me." Celestia said to her son gently. Ben turns around to see his mother giving him a caring look. "It's not Boris's business whose Twilight hangs with. What's more important is that you are her friend...perhaps the first of many that she needs right now. Someday, you will find the courage...power...and maybe wisdom to stick up to Boris. You are my son and you got greatness in you, just like your father...."

"Yeah, my father...I wish I knew who he was...."

"Same here, Ben...come here." Celestia said as, after finishing treating the injuries, she and Ben hugs one another. "There, there. It's okay, Ben. I'm here for you always..."

-------------------------------------------------------

"Is that what happened?!" Night Light gasps in shock and anger. Twilight and Shining told him and Twilight Velvet about Boris beating up Ben Mare. Starlight, the siblings' younger brother, watch on in shock. He storms over to a table. "I am writing a message to the principal, telling him what happened!"

"No, no, please, daddy." Twilight pleads in worry. "That will make Boris want to hurt Ben more! Please!"

"Twilight, no colt should be harmed by being bullied. It isn't right!"

"But...but Boris won't like it...and Ben..."

"It's okay, Twilight. Ben is your friend, right?" Twilight Velvet asks, making her daughter smile a bit. "Then you should stick by him no matter what. Be a true friend to help him...who knows, you may give him confidence and courage to stand up for himself."

"I hope so." Twilight said with a sigh while sitting down on her hunches. "I...I am scared for Ben..."

"Here's an idea. Your birthday party is coming up, right Twiley?" Shining points out to his sister with a thoughtful look. "Just invite him over ASAP."

"Too bad Boris and his goons would show up uninvited."

"If they do, I will chase them off like one of the Royal Guards!"

Twilight giggles as she and Shining hug each other. Starlight smiles as he jumps in, hugging. The oldest of the siblings has a dream of being a part of the Royal Guards someday. And if Shining kept on practicing and hoping, that day will come true.

Won't Cadance be happy?

-------------------

"Okay, Ben, time for bed," Ben's cousin Princess Mi Amore Cadanz AKA Cadance said as she came into the colt's room. The alicorn is babysitting him while Celestia has business. Her colt cousin is bouncing up and down on the bed while playing with his phoenix doll. "Ben, come on. Your injuries need to heal."

"Awww, I'm fine!" Ben insists to his cousin but cringes a bit. "On second thought...I guess I may need to rest..."

Cadance giggles as she uses her magic to put her cousin o bed. The mare grins, having experience babysitting like with Twilight Sparkle. The princess is amazed when her aunt told her how she and her cousin are becoming good friends...maybe even more. Kinda like with her and Shining.

Cadance kiss Ben on the forehead while saying, "Good night, Ben."

"Good night, Cadance." Ben said with a smile. As his cousin leaves the room, the colt look out a window to see the moon that has come out tonight...with a familiar mare shape in it. He knows it as his Aunt Luna who was banished to there centuries ago. Maybe someday he will see her at last. "Good night, Aunt Luna..."

------

Nightmare Moon sneezes a bit as she sat on the cold ground of the moon. She wipes her nose with a wing while groaning, "Ugh. The moon is more colder than usual...someday my sister and all of Equestria will pay for my banishment, once the stars helped me in my escape!"

The Mare in the Moon glares at Equestria...and wonders who was saying good night to her in a colt like voice...

-------------

The next few days end up being well. Ben remains hanging out with Twilight. And although Boris and his goons, the boss is angry because Night Light and Celestia told the principal as to what he has done causing him to get detention, causes more trouble, Twilight and Shining always chase them off or stood up for him.

Twilight eventually gave an invite to her birthday park in a park. Ben, in his room, is getting ready.

"Okay, Ben, Auntie Celestia told me to be your chaperone." Cadance said as she trots into the room. "Are you getting ready, little cousin?"

"Sure am." Ben said with a smile, dressing a bit nicely. "Won't ponies wonder why you and I show up?"

"Relax; they would think I am bringing you over to the party." Cadance assures Ben with a smile. "They won't know about our connections."

"Okay. Hang on." Ben said as he reach under his bed and pulls out a box. "Got Twilight's present. You think she would like it?"

"I'm sure she would love it, Ben." Cadance replied kindly.

"Cool." Ben said as he put the present in his saddlebags. "I can't wait to give it to her."

"Come on, we don't wanna be late." Cadance insists as she nudges her cousin out the door to get to the party.

--------------

Twilight's parents were busy so some of other Sparkle family members agree to host the party in the party, so it's easy for Ben and Cadance to arrive without a problem.

Ben looks a bit anxious as he saw Twilight playing 'Pin the Tail on The Pony' with some classmates. The colt hopes that the filly would like his present.

"Well, here goes." Ben said to himself quietly. The colt prepares himself...

"EARTH FILTH,” A voice is heard roaring. Ben yelps as he was pushed to the ground by Boris, still angry as ever. His goons watch on, waiting anxiously.

"Boris? You know, I didn't think Twilight invited you." Ben said to Boris as the Earth pony got back to his hooves.

"We invited ourselves on Twilight's behalf." Boris remarks to Ben furiously.

"Really; I thought we decided to gate crash or something." Boxco said in confusion.

"Shut it! You're in trouble, Ben. Because of you, I got months of detention!" Boris snaps to Ben, obviously blaming him for the jock getting into detention thanks to Boris and his goons beating him up the other day.

"Well, it's your fault for beating me up." Ben points out to Boris with a frown. "You brought that on yourself."

"Oooh, he got you there, boss." Dum-Dum said with a smile, but yelps as Boris gave him a glare.

"Earth filth, this may be Twilight's party but I am not scared of beating you up and proving you useless in front of her." Boris remarks to Ben angrily. Some of the party goers watch this going on, even Twilight who gasps and tries to get over to break the fight up. "No one, not even dirt like you, goes near what's mine."

"Twilight isn't yours to have!" Ben exclaims upset to Boris but yelps as the jerk push him back.

"She is and she always will be, Earth Filth!" Boris snapped before he pushed Ben again, knocking him to the ground.

Shining quickly interferes at this point, "Stop pestering Ben, Boris the Animal!"

"It's just...Bor-." Boris begins to growl angrily, but Shining cuts him off.

“Don't correct me. Especially you, Dum-Dum,” Shining said to Boris then turns his attention to Dum-Dum, much to the colt's confusion.

"Uh...me," Dum-Dum ask Shining in confusion.

"Yeah; you," Shining said as he gave a mischievous grin to the unicorn. "For hurting Ben, you owe me...gum-gum."

"What's gum-gum?" Dum-Dum asks his pals in confusion.

"He means gum, Dum-Dum!" Boxco explains to Dum-Dum in worry.

"That's right. Your name is Dum-Dum, so you give me...gum-gum for hurting Ben." Shining remarked to Shining, getting a bit more devilish.

"Uh...gee, uh...Look, sorry, Shining Armor, but I have no gum-gum and I don't have time for this little game." Dum-Dum said nervously. The unicorn doesn't like where this conversion is going and wants out of it now. "Come on, guys. Let's get out of here."

"Dum-Dum, you coward." Boris growls angrily to Dum-Dum. He turns his attention to Shining, adding, "Just you wait, Shining Armor! Just you wait. I'll have...your sister as my filly. Make no mistake about that!"

Shining scoffs at that, "In your dreams, Boris the Animal."

"It's just...Boris!" Boris snaps but yelps as Shining pushes him, causing him and his goons to make their getaway.

"Have a good day, Boris the Animal!" Shining taunts Boris as the bully makes his departure.

"BORIS, BORIS, BORIS, BORIS, BORIS, BORIS!" Boris yells angrily at Shining as the head creep makes his escape.

Shining pauses then adds, "....The Animal."

Boris cringes, stopping his departure to add, "Just you wait, Shining. Just wait. You can't protect that Earth Pony filth forever. You're gonna be sorry."

Shining sarcastically answers, "Yeah, right, sure, when I go around wearing a dress in public. NOT!" The colt waits until the trio of bullies leaves the scene. That will teach them. "Ben, are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Thank you, Shining," Ben said to Shining with a sigh of relief.

"That was some display of courage you got there." Cadance notes, pointing out how Ben stood up to Boris for a while.

"I know, I know...it's just...I wish I wasn't so shy or scared all the time." Ben said while looking down in sadness.

"No worries, someday, kid, you will have the courage to face those challenges." Shining assures Ben while patting the colt on the back, making him smile a bit.

"Ben? Are you all right?" Twilight ask Ben as the crowd begins to disperse, allowing the filly to come over to him.

"Yeah, I'm fine, Boris didn't hurt me too much this time." Ben assures to Twilight.

"I promise that I didn't invite that creep and his goons over here." Twilight pleads to Ben in concern. "I didn't want him to harm you again!"

"It's okay, it's okay. I'm fine, look, no bruise." Ben assures Twilight with a slight chuckle.

Twilight smiles in relief then spots a present in Ben's saddlebag, asking, "Is that for me?"

"Yeah, got it just for you," Ben said as he took out a present and gave it to Twilight, "Happy birthday, Twilight."

"Oh, Ben," Twilight giggles as she opens the present up. To her surprise and delight, inside is a book that said 'History of Ponyland/Equestria: From Its Beginning to Now', "Ben, where did you get this?!"

"Got some ways," Ben said with a smile as he winks to Cadance who winks him back in secret. The two has picked it up with Celestia's help.

"Thank you." Twilight said as she nuzzles Ben, making him blush a bit.

"You're welcome." Ben said as he slowly started nuzzling back.

"Awww, how cute," Cadance giggles as she and Shining watch this scene. "I think Ben is liking her."

"Yeah...but why are you defending him?" Shining ask Cadance puzzled.

"I was just bringing him over here. No need to ask any further questions, right?" Cadance ask Shining slyly, poking him on the nose.

Shining blushes then smiles as he nuzzles Cadance. Suddenly, two familiar foals laugh from nearby.

"Shame, shame," Ben teases the two.

"We know your name!" Twilight teases alongside her friend.

-----------

Ben and Twilight have fun at the party, with Boris and his goons no longer a problem for now. As things die down, Twilight takes Ben to one of her favorite places in Equestria: Donut Joe's Donut Shop.

"Hey Twiley; Happy birthday, little filly," Donut Joe exclaims as he saw Twilight coming in with Ben. He puts down a birthday donut onto the counter. "Save one just for you, on the house."

"Thanks, Donut Joe!" Twilight giggles as she helps herself to the donut. Donut Joe spots Ben nearby, much to his amusement.

"Oooh, who's this?"

"His name is Ben Mare, Joe! Can you get him a donut too?"

"Sure, anything you say." Donut Joe remarks with a smile as he put down an extra donut. Ben begins to chow into it as well. "Well?"

"Dang, they're right; your donuts are the best in Canterlot!" Ben exclaims happily as he finish up his donut. "I want to come here often!"

"Glad you like it, kid! It isn't often Twilight bring her friends in here...or more of anyway!"

As Donut Joe goes off to serve more customers, Twilight smiles as she nuzzles Ben, saying, "This has been my best birthday ever. I'm glad you were there and here to celebrate it with me."

"I'm glad too." Ben said with a smile as he nuzzles Twilight right back, "Sooooo, best friends then?"

"Always."

The two friends nuzzle some more, some of the customers watching this smile in amusement. It's like these two foals are in love...though they may not know it yet.

Not everyone is happy though. Watching this through a window is a familiar angry colt and his goons. Boxco blinks while saying, "Wow, boss; Looks like the Earth pony is really putting the moves on your filly."

"Yeah, any more moves and you may as well called it quits." Dum-Dum said with a shrug.

"Shut up!" Boris snarls as he took out some peanuts from his pocket of his best and ate them. "I refuse to lose Twilight Sparkle to that Earth filth! She belongs to me and I won't let him take that away from me. Next school day, when Shining and Twilight aren't around, he's dead!"

Boris uses his magic to knock down a bunch of trash cans, causing the trash inside to explode. His goons stare on in shock and alarm. The annoyed colt snaps, "Well, come on, you dolts! Let's get out of here before anypony investigate the noises!"

The trio of bullies rush off quickly, wanting to get away before Donut Joe or anypony else decides to investigate.

Author's Note:

Twilight and Ben's friendship is doing well but Boris isn't going to have it. In the next chapter, we get a hint of Ben's powers that he didn't know of just yet...and is the colt having feelings for Twilight; Maybe. Read, review and suggest.

The whole Boris the Animal thing is indeed a reference to Men in Black III. Also, the Dum-Dum Gum Gum thing is a reference to the Night at the Museum movies.